Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: The Island Kingdom

Comments

• larry18545larry18545 Posts: 1,004
    edited 04.04.2014
    geez, the least you can do is put a coming soon on the world map, like the adventure maps it ups your anticipation and it also is a good marketing scheme like your protection from falling into ruins
    ive quit, but does that matter? I'm back!, and more into lord of the rings than ever!
    larry18545 #thedreamliveson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day my friends, i will restart
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 04.04.2014
    I'm quite happy that there will be a choice as to whether to enter each month or not. What is confusing me is that it is being called a kingdom. To me, it seems like a perpetual event. And a kingdom to me is something that is permanent with permanent castes. Shame really, I was kind of looking forward to a new castle, but I guess events are mire dynamic, and probably see higher spending as there is an element of time involved.

Out of interest, will this eventdom (sorry about the word) replace Berimond, or could they run at the same time?
    It's been a while.....

• lordsaruman (US1)lordsaruman (US1) US1 Posts: 926
    edited 04.04.2014
    In the announcement I noticed that some buildings will already be in place at the start of the event. This is probably a stupid question but do those buidings stay in place when the event starts up again?
    Lordsaruman int'1 former US1 member

Big bad scary war marshall of Pirates LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dodu (GB1)dodu (GB1) Posts: 177
    edited 04.04.2014
    Only problem i see with this is, the whole alliance helps to gain the points required to win however only the leader and 4 others gets any advantage.
    The entire alliance should get the same bonus or maybe the leader can chose some people to have better advantages (even faster recruitment speed)
    dodu @ en 1

Proud member of BSK-AlliedOrder

I am a non ruby buyer with 2 lvl 2 bakery, 3 lvl 4 bakery, 1 lvl 6 bakery, 1 lvl 8 bakery, 1 lvl 2 stable and 1 lvl 3 stable 8)

#yoloblomlmtaasosbtdpwkeoboiodawcheoboitod (http://youtu.be/xn7ZaT3AgoU?t=10m38s)
  • Raidue2Raidue2 Posts: 55
    edited 04.04.2014
    In the announcement I noticed that some buildings will already be in place at the start of the event. This is probably a stupid question but do those buidings stay in place when the event starts up again?

Yes I think the buildings will stay there everytime you join 'the Island kingdom'.
    26.jpg
  • Erik the Red2Erik the Red2 Posts: 1,793
    edited 04.04.2014
    Another question, though it may have been asked already: if an alliance wins but the leader did not participate, does he still get the title?
    Erik the Red @ en1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 04.04.2014
    Hey again folks, gonna try and shed some light on a few more of your questions that I currently have the information for!
    JAZZ58 wrote: »
    is it true all servers are goin to amalgamate ? this is a bad move if true

Not a clue where this came from, but it's definitely not happening.
    Do we have to pay every month to enter or once we pay we can keep going for free until we stop?

You will have to pay the entrance costs to the kingdom every time you want to enter the event.
    dreamtree wrote: »
    :D I like that we can choose each month to enter this eventdom! I'm okay with paying a small amount of resources to enter each time. 25k resources of wood/stone/food/coin would be okay with me. 100k and I won't participate until I know how this event works.

The entry costs will be as follows:
    20k Stone
    20k Wood
    5k Food
    15k Gold.

The buildings that are provided at the start of the event will be provided at the start of every event, once you enter again after the reset.
    Another question, though it may have been asked already: if an alliance wins but the leader did not participate, does he still get the title?

Yep! The Storm Lord title will be awarded to the leader of the winning Alliance.

Regards,

Steve.
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 04.04.2014
    I would have preferred a permanent kingdom.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I'm quite happy that there will be a choice as to whether to enter each month or not. What is confusing me is that it is being called a kingdom. To me, it seems like a perpetual event. And a kingdom to me is something that is permanent with permanent castes. Shame really, I was kind of looking forward to a new castle, but I guess events are mire dynamic, and probably see higher spending as there is an element of time involved.

Out of interest, will this eventdom (sorry about the word) replace Berimond, or could they run at the same time?

I agree with Baldrick, the new content isn't a kingdom, but a realm with a perpetual event. If you could keep the castle, it would be classified as a kingdom. The fact that you have to rebuild it every month, have to pay to enter, and you have the option to avoid it only supports the distinction that it is an event.

If it was going to have a chance at being a kingdom, we would need more information about how we can send resources, tools, and soldiers from the islands into the other lands.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Interesting hjite, but holding my breath on how many rubies it will cost in order to build a suitable island to compare to our existing castles. Also, and this is the biggie, how do we increase/max out food production? Is there a mechanic that needs ruby input in order to increase food production over the base amount, and again, how much does that cost?

Playing this game revolves around food, so I'll be interested to see how that works out.

I see,
    Hope its good
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 04.04.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    I agree with Baldrick, I suck
    isn't a kingdom, but a realm with a perpetual event. If you could keep the castle, it would be classified as a kingdom. The fact that you have to rebuild it every month, have to pay to enter, and you have the option to avoid it only supports the distinction that it is an event.

If it was going to have a chance at being a kingdom, we would need more information about how we can send resources, tools, and soldiers from the islands into the other lands.
    Possibilty
    High
    Very High
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 04.04.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    I agree with Baldrick, the new content isn't a kingdom, but a realm with a perpetual event. If you could keep the castle, it would be classified as a kingdom. The fact that you have to rebuild it every month, have to pay to enter, and you have the option to avoid it only supports the distinction that it is an event.

It was said in the update that we are able to send resources.

The update is a combination of a Kingdom and an event. As Baldrick said, it is a eventdom.
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 04.04.2014
    It was said in the update that we are able to send resources.

The update is a combination of a Kingdom and an event. As Baldrick said, it is a eventdom.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say or if you misunderstood my point.

You can send resources to thorn king and you can send resources to blade coast, but you can't send resources from these places back to the great empire until the events are over.

If the storm islands are an event, then nothing will leave this new realm until the month is over. If it has a chance of acting like a kingdom, we can send resources, tools, and soldiers back and forth as often as we want.

A functioning kingdom has valuable means of production and it provides a way to increase the combat ability in all realms. An event like berimond provides soldiers and resources only to interact inside the event.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnnafamGamerAnnafamGamer Posts: 19
    edited 04.04.2014
    I'm not looking forward to this update at all. the new kingdom sounds really cool but every time there is an update, something else goes wrong with this game.
    *crossing my fingers it won't be like that this time*
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 04.04.2014
    I'm not looking forward to this update at all. the new kingdom sounds really cool but every time there is an update, something else goes wrong with this game.
    *crossing my fingers it won't be like that this time*
    Me neither, I have a bad feeling about this. You know what they say, Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • edited 04.04.2014
    whats about that new decoration that have only few players in their main castles
    Milovanpet99 @ en 1
  • edited 05.04.2014
    Will pacts and naas still be in this eventdom, it would be bad to some extent if it was since alot of the top alliances have them with each other and it would mean that if the top alliances captured all aquamarine commodity islands they can't take them from the each other. I think it would be better if they were removed from the eventdom.
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 05.04.2014
    The new 'event' looks interesting, but I would like to know the percentage of the amount of resources we can send across, and how the format is going to be like. I have just finished typing a really long essay (phew) in the ANB of my alliance, seeing as I like to keep my alliance informed on updates and stuff, but I fear there are some parts missing, like combat power of the suicide fighter, if it's a melee or ranged and if there are other ways we can earn points.
    Otherwise, it's a good idea and I particulary like how we can get positive bonuses. It's not likely that people will get a positive bonus, but at least you can get a chance.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • edited 05.04.2014
    graceL.H.E wrote: »
    seeing as I like to keep my alliance informed on updates and stuff

What? You too! Here's a tip, send out Circulars titled 'The Next Update'. Start it with 'Extract from the forums:' and copy the info down, if you need to send another circular title it 'The Next Update cont' (full stop won't fit). I sometimes send 4 or 5 circulars out to fit everything.
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 05.04.2014
    What? You too! Here's a tip, send out Circulars titled 'The Next Update'. Start it with 'Extract from the forums:' and copy the info down, if you need to send another circular title it 'The Next Update cont' (full stop won't fit). I sometimes send 4 or 5 circulars out to fit everything.

I sent out cliff notes about the next update. I'm in a weak alliance where some of the information is irrelevant... :rolleyes: not much of reason for me to go over things like storm lord and what not! lol
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

Sign In to comment.