Home Strategy & Tactics Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Advice to Newbies

Comments

• GhjHeroGhjHero Posts: 1,802
    edited 26.01.2014
    Bump!!!!!!!
    ALWAYS A MEMBER OF PARADISE
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions!!!!!
  • pupe (INT1)pupe (INT1) Posts: 3
    edited 29.01.2014
    yes ,but with crane on lvl 1 you build one by one,and you must be all time online or back again in ordered time,and with level 2 or higer crane you can build 3 buildings when you are offline..and then repeat process again and again..time it's everithyng in browser's games...like this..
    pupe @ WWW 1
  • writerladywriterlady Posts: 12
    edited 02.02.2014
    I have found this thread to be very useful. I was lucky enough to be invited into a good and helpful alliance that has been very generous with sending resources. I believe finding a good alliance is a help for the newbie too.
    writerlady @ usa 1
  • Only1cruz (GB1)Only1cruz (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 03.02.2014
    Big help, Thanks
    Only1cruz @ en 1
    edited 27.02.2014
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnysyayajohnnysyaya Posts: 2
    edited 09.03.2014
    Good info-thanks
    johnnysyaya @ usa 1
  • LadyB (US1)LadyB (US1) Posts: 32
    edited 19.03.2014
    GhjHero wrote: »

Thirteenth- The Crane. A replacement of the second and third building slots it is just another way to waste rubies. The two levels unlock building slots which are not worth it as they dont even build at the same time. Instead the buildings only start construction after the building ahead of it is finished. Patience with just one building slot will build your castle the same.

Thanks for a great guide, this is really solid advice! However, I want to add to the mix a couple of advantages that I have found with the Crane:

#1) Having an extra slot allows you to rearrange your builds. Let's say for example that you thought you upgraded all your towers and so you started a massive 9-hour upgrade of something else... only to notice that you are one tower shy of a quest bonus. You can just start a second build and drag-and-drop it to the first spot (pushing the other build down to the second slot), which effectively pauses the original build until the newly-first one finishes. This has saved my bacon several times (and gives me the flexibility to re-prioritize on the fly). I can pause a long build to do a quick short build (like a new building for example) then resume the long build.

#2) Having two slots (and even three) allows for effective offline queuing. For example, if I'm going to be offline for 6 hours, I can queue up three 2-hour upgrades and when I log back in, the last one is just finishing (but if I only had one slot, I would only be able to complete a single 2-hour upgrade in that same 6-hour window).
    LadyB @ usa 1
  • Streidominating (INT1)Streidominating (INT1) INT1 Posts: 155
    edited 19.03.2014
    LadyB5 wrote: »
    You can just start a second build and drag-and-drop it to the first spot (pushing the other build down to the second slot), which effectively pauses the original build until the newly-first one finishes.

My... god... I never knew. Thanks.

Have a construction crane since my first day and I never knew this.
    Highest Title achieved: the Remorseless
    Highest Honor achieved: 2500+
  • Walrus1Walrus1 Posts: 3
    edited 20.03.2014
    If you get attacked with a shadow mercenary, can you defend with a regular defense system?
    Walrus1 @ usa 1
  • williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 21.03.2014
    yesssssssss
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
    edited 26.03.2014
    LadyB5 wrote: »
    Thanks for a great guide, this is really solid advice! However, I want to add to the mix a couple of advantages that I have found with the Crane:

#1) Having an extra slot allows you to rearrange your builds. Let's say for example that you thought you upgraded all your towers and so you started a massive 9-hour upgrade of something else... only to notice that you are one tower shy of a quest bonus. You can just start a second build and drag-and-drop it to the first spot (pushing the other build down to the second slot), which effectively pauses the original build until the newly-first one finishes. This has saved my bacon several times (and gives me the flexibility to re-prioritize on the fly). I can pause a long build to do a quick short build (like a new building for example) then resume the long build.

#2) Having two slots (and even three) allows for effective offline queuing. For example, if I'm going to be offline for 6 hours, I can queue up three 2-hour upgrades and when I log back in, the last one is just finishing (but if I only had one slot, I would only be able to complete a single 2-hour upgrade in that same 6-hour window).

I can see your point and I guess if you have some rubies after buying the higher priority ruby buildings then it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy the crane. Personally I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me.
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 16.04.2014
    Time to bump!!!
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jell6jell6 Posts: 25
    edited 16.04.2014
    Bump, I send all our novice players to first read, and bookmark your thread, It is a great help to novices, newbies, and even us that have played this and simuilar games for years. Thank You for creating and keeping it updated.

Happy Easter
    jell6 @ usa 1
  • CRICK12CRICK12 Posts: 2
    edited 16.04.2014
    I spent all my damn rubies and coins!
    CRICK12 @ au 1
    edited 16.04.2014
    jell6 wrote: »
    Bump, I send all our novice players to first read, and bookmark your thread, It is a great help to novices, newbies, and even us that have played this and simuilar games for years. Thank You for creating and keeping it updated.

Happy Easter

Thanks! Happy Easter!
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UserAndrei2UserAndrei2 Posts: 223
    edited 09.05.2014
    Add wheel of fortune as being the greatest ruby rip-off in GGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I saw a thread about level 4882 cultist towers in fire. I got a desert one in ICE.
    Troop list here:
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?76200-Ingame-Troops-List
    UserAndrei: PHX Sword Titan (International 1)
    If you guys were wondering, the name of my fire castle, "Danse Macabre" is translated as "Dance of Death". Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBf9kIhuLI&hd=1
  • Streidominating (INT1)Streidominating (INT1) INT1 Posts: 155
    edited 15.05.2014
    Add wheel of fortune as being the greatest ruby rip-off in GGE.

What are you saying, ruby wheel is soooo awesome, you can get sooo cool prizes, they oven show them as a preview and I am like, OMG I NEED IT, so I spend millions of rubies to get it, but I didn't get the super awesome item yet, but I tell to myself, "The more often I dont get it, the higher is the chance that I get it on the next try" - so I keep on it! It makes me so excited that I forget where I put my bills I have to pay... but I don't care, as long as I have fun.
    Highest Title achieved: the Remorseless
    Highest Honor achieved: 2500+
  • UserAndrei2UserAndrei2 Posts: 223
    edited 16.05.2014
    What are you saying, ruby wheel is soooo awesome, you can get sooo cool prizes, they oven show them as a preview and I am like, OMG I NEED IT, so I spend millions of rubies to get it, but I didn't get the super awesome item yet, but I tell to myself, "The more often I dont get it, the higher is the chance that I get it on the next try" - so I keep on it! It makes me so excited that I forget where I put my bills I have to pay... but I don't care, as long as I have fun.
    You seem to be addicted to gambling man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I saw a thread about level 4882 cultist towers in fire. I got a desert one in ICE.
    Troop list here:
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?76200-Ingame-Troops-List
    UserAndrei: PHX Sword Titan (International 1)
    If you guys were wondering, the name of my fire castle, "Danse Macabre" is translated as "Dance of Death". Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBf9kIhuLI&hd=1
  • John1946John1946 Posts: 10
    edited 21.05.2014
    Newbies need to learn the most important things in this game, as our old friend started this thread, we must keep it alive. He asked us to Bump it to the top..Newbies, above all, this is a game, Have Fun.. Don't let the stress get to you.. Don't fall for the Ruby Traps.. Post your Questions, a very wise person said " Wisdom is Learned, by the questions we ask" Another wise saying is "The only stupid question is the one never asked."
    John1946 @ usa 1
  • ydm2ydm2 Posts: 238
    edited 18.06.2014
    Thanks for the advice!

p.s. i am only level 42~that might seem high to some not others but i could still use the advice.
    I play as YDM on The USA Server, if you have any questions send me an in-game Message.
Sign In to comment.