Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Report Messages

BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 804
When you are reading a message down by the bottom are the ignore player and delete message button. There should be a report message button. This would allow players to report certain messages without having to go through the huge screen shot and contact support way. There should be a report button you click and then there are options like Message is racist, harassment, rude, etc.

What do you think?
Post edited by BM Neroxnex on

Comments

• cat402cat402 Posts: 830
    edited 19.03.2014
    Actually, this is not that good of an idea. It can get people like me, who ofent say things without relizing what they can mean if taken wrong, banned unjustly. The support way makes it so you can only report it if you really need. too. Also, you can just report someone you don't like even if they sent you nothing to report. I once had some ultra-sensitive person think that me saying "Please stop attaking me, its getting annoyed and is doing nothing, so stop" was somehting very racist tht he never specified, got his alliance involved, and i had to move becuase our alliance was curshed because i somehow messed up. Not tht people should be bullied, but it shoudl be harder than a click of a button to report, not only becuase of miscliks.
    Cat40, former Castle Protecti leader, a Proud Non-Ruby-Buyer
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to contact me about something I did or said on the forums, please private message me though the forums, not through the game.
    Speed equation (link)
    [/FONT]
    408990172.jpg
    [FONT=&quot][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

If you beat me once, you earn my respect.
    If you beat me twice, I mark you as a target.
    If you beat me three times, shame on me.
  • MegWantstoSayHi (US1)MegWantstoSayHi (US1) Posts: 1,104
    edited 20.03.2014
    This is how the button should work.

*Click Button*

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO REPORT THIS PLAYER???"

Yes

"WHY DO YOU WANT TO REPORT THIS PLAYER???"

Because he is being mean.

"WHY IS HE BEING MEAN?"

How would I know?

"OK. PLEASE TAKE A SCREEN SHOT AND CONTACT SUPPORT."

What!!!????

"DO YOU NEED HELP CONTACTING SUPPORT? YOU CAN CONTACT THEM AT SUPPORT.GOODGAME.COM."

My real opinion,
    I agree with cat. it shouldn't be so easy. Maybe we could make it harder like above! :p
    Megan

19.jpg
    aidan952 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about those butterflies, I'm talking about THE butterflies.

You need to watch out for THE Butterflies!
    elita-12 wrote:
    what do you mean by you need to watch the butterfiles

abt. 27% insane
  • ReehaniReehani Posts: 175
    edited 20.03.2014
    Gees.
    Millions of people in all other board forums had already figured this.
    There's a button "Report to a moderator". You click on it. It quotes the message you're reporting, and leaves you a text box to state your reason to report this particular message/post.

And then all the moderator has to do is read your quote and your accusation, and then decide if that's a valid one, and whether/how it should be prosecuted.
    It's all basic easy stuff. Why invent a square wheel?
    If the woman's heart finds its master, she will never refuse to bear his mark. The chastity belt, the collar, the fetters and scars, even the cattle brand on her brow - everything will she be ready for, everything will she accept happily when she loves, everything will she be proud of, as the liegeman is proud to stand under the banner of his unconquerable sovereign.

Reehani @ usa 1
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 20.03.2014
    pretty sure there talking about ingame and not on the forum Reehani. :)
    edited 20.03.2014
    Yes I think we are talking about in-game, right?

You know why we should invent a square wheel? Because people will only make the effort to turn the wheel if it is a real problem!
    Megan

19.jpg

elita-12 wrote:

abt. 27% insane
  • BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 804
    edited 20.03.2014

Still a great idea for the forum as well.
    edited 20.03.2014
    It wouldn't be a bad idea but maybe some verification, "Are you sure you want to report this message?". That way there won't be (too many) misclicks.
    Megan

19.jpg

elita-12 wrote:

abt. 27% insane
  • cat402cat402 Posts: 830
    edited 20.03.2014
    Or it would, instead of automaticly sending a report, ask you for the message(s) you want to report, then send copies of those and any other nessisary information (such as player names, sever, etc) to support for review. That way you can't get someone in touble for asking why you attaked them, assuming the message was civil.
    Cat40, former Castle Protecti leader, a Proud Non-Ruby-Buyer
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to contact me about something I did or said on the forums, please private message me though the forums, not through the game.
    Speed equation (link)
    [/FONT]
    408990172.jpg
    [FONT=&quot][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

If you beat me once, you earn my respect.
    If you beat me twice, I mark you as a target.
    If you beat me three times, shame on me.
  • ReehaniReehani Posts: 175
    edited 21.03.2014

It doesn't matter, game or forum, the logic is the same: if you report something, the copy of what you report is automatically attached as evidence.

If someone invented a wheel for their cart, doesn't mean you can't use it in your bicycle.idontnow.gif
    If the woman's heart finds its master, she will never refuse to bear his mark. The chastity belt, the collar, the fetters and scars, even the cattle brand on her brow - everything will she be ready for, everything will she accept happily when she loves, everything will she be proud of, as the liegeman is proud to stand under the banner of his unconquerable sovereign.

Reehani @ usa 1
  • steve5482steve5482 Posts: 142
    edited 21.03.2014
    IMO support is already overworked/understaffed and this would make it worse. (The point about mis-clicks is a good one!)

If you truly want to help try engaging the writer of the offending message in an intelligent calm conversation, which might be a real challenge given the high chance having a room temperature IQ imbecile at the other side.

In such a case just give a rodent's posterior and delete the message(s) and consider adding the player to the ignore list.

Try a new perspective: people constantly intentionally trying to offend others might have mental problems (maybe they just forgot taking their medication). Don't be angry with them, pity them, their lives are difficult.

Above all, keep clam: Don't wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty but the pig enjoys it :-)
    steve548 @ 7
  • Bruja2Bruja2 Posts: 5
    edited 24.05.2014
    Goodgames has a nonexistant sexual harrament and bullying policy. I had someone message me an extremely graphic message of a sexual nature and he got a couple hours of suspension from the game. I have had to now delete my account because I have gotten nonstop attacks from his alliance for reporting him in the first place. If you're a female I would suggest never telling anyone your gender! I spent around $100 in rubies on this game and for Goodgames to allow this sort of thing to happen is a shame. I'll never play their games again, And I'm going to share my experience on facebook and twitter. Maybe if enough people with like experiences do the same Goodgames will rethink their policies.
    Bruja @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file