Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Berimond - The Revenge!

Comments

• DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 04.03.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    So if your hell bent on getting a specific side for an above average piece of armor, the only thing you need to do is join an alliance that is already on the side you want.

Joining for equipment only isn't really the point, but I can understand the obsession. If you get enough legendary items, you would replace it one day.

So far so good though, the alliance balancing system seems to be working fairly well. On my server, out of the strongest 5 alliances, there are 3 on one side and 2 on the other. So the balancing seems to be working this time around.

I wish the 24 hour waiting period to begin the attacks was mandatory. There is already one guy who spent 25K ruby on his camp attacking towers. What he doesn't realize is there are 100+ towers to attack and all he is doing is giving the opposite side free troops and making them stronger. But anyway, most of the players haven't even joined yet.

what side is this guy from? if it is the bear side, i'm not getting any troops relief packages, lol. (lions FTW!)
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • Ghost481Ghost481 Posts: 17
    edited 04.03.2014
    its not fair all strong alliances are in gerbrandt`s side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good job GGE ...... i demand a fair Ratio X(
    Ghost481 @ usa 1
  • ManasRulerManasRuler Posts: 487
    edited 04.03.2014
    wait
    so you guys are getting those relief packs?
    The Strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf

ManasRuler @ WWW 1

Level 62
    Count palatine

Yoloswagwarrior @ USA1

ManasRuler @ Aus1

Please help us in this wiki:

I'm about 26.136363636363637% Insane
    edited 04.03.2014
    Ghost481 wrote: »
    its not fair all strong alliances are in gerbrandt`s side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good job GGE ...... i demand a fair Ratio X(

hey they are trying to balance it out as much as possible. cut them some slack will ya
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
  • rob plainrob plain Posts: 104
    edited 04.03.2014
    Be nice if they would explain the changes prior to starting berrimond, glad I didn't start it . As for cutting GGC some slack hell no people are spending hard cash to play this game
    rob plain @ usa 1
  • AnonumusSoldierAnonumusSoldier Posts: 181
    edited 04.03.2014
    crap, i was auto placed in bears. tradition states that the losers last time. win. im doomed.
    AnonumusSoldier @ usa 1
    Proud member of Storm Reapers:thumbup:

Engaging in honorable combat daily. REAP ON!!!
    :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrocefusBrocefus Posts: 21
    edited 04.03.2014
    If they wanted to balance it they should have done it by (player level, building points, honor, and glory rank) NOT by putting a whole alliances of geared to the hilt (+90% melee +90% ranged +75% speed) level 70 ruby whales on one side together.
    Brocefus @ usa 1
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 04.03.2014
    Sounds they they need to do 1 of 2 things to stop the problem with randomly stacking strong alliances.

1. Have each player who joins get a randomly chosen side and remove assignments based on alliance affiliation.

2. Have some type of algorithm that checks the alliance ranking, number of members, etc. and then assigns the side.

I don't care if I fight with my alliance or not. I've actually made alot of friends through berimond battles and I've been able to network with other alliances because of it.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 04.03.2014
    mightyady wrote: »
    and should have gotten the publics opinion cause its us in the end who are playing and dont you think its bad for buisness when you anger clients
    This is all based on player feedback. Look at any of the past Berimond threads and you will find complaints about the sides being unbalanced. The only way to really prevent that happening is to remove the choice from the players hands.
    For non-ruby players, the only use of Berimond WAS to pick the winning side and try and increase the troops you could bring back. Now even this has been removed from non-ruby players as it basically comes down to whether you can survive being smashed by the top cheeses and by some miracle end up on the winning side at the same time.
    Which totally defeats the point of the event. If people were only joining to get the free troops and try to hide from the action then that shows that it wasn't working.
    ManasRuler wrote: »
    What happened to the Reward packs or Relief Packs?
    Real Highlander has already defeated 2 towers and we have not yet recieved troops like last time
    may i please know whats happening?
    I'm looking into that at the moment to try and find out whats going on.
    Lord Roj wrote: »
    most players and alliances haven't even joined yet!
    Exactly this. Please do remember guys that a lot of players still won't have even seent he event has restarted yet.
    Ethan my question still stands can I see what side I am going to be allocated to before spending resources! if not I would like an option to withdraw from event if not on side for equipment i need - and as to being in top 100, I can get there when I need to I dont have many rubies to play with but know how to use tactics to win when necessary!
    No you cannot. You will only find out after you join the event to prevent people donating the resources and then joining right at the very end.
    Brocefus wrote: »
    If they wanted to balance it they should have done it by (player level, building points, honor, and glory rank) NOT by putting a whole alliances of geared to the hilt (+90% melee +90% ranged +75% speed) level 70 ruby whales on one side together.
    How would that solve the issue? All you get then is large groups of players who belong to the same alliance refusing to attack each other and passing information to the other team about attacks.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • rob plainrob plain Posts: 104
    edited 04.03.2014
    most of my members need the red side for the quest and are stuck with blue so many wont be playing this round , thank god im done both . This game is boring why don't they change things we want changed its like you finish things and they keep repeating the same things with minor changes. I guess they don't care for the ones who have played 1 to 2 years and have spent hundreds of dollars playing this game and paying for there wages and bonuses
    rob plain @ usa 1
    edited 04.03.2014
    I would be more fair because at least about half of each alliance would not win berimond... Even if they refused to attack and pass info they would loose. So if they wanted to win they would play and attack. They wouldn't have to attack alliance mates but they would have to attack and try if they wanted to win.
    So either half the alliance that got stuck on one side would have to suck up the loss or play... I am pretty sure they would play no?

Right now if enough of the big alliances get on red side on USA1 i think blue will just give up and get bowled over. It is already 57% red to 43% blue and protection hasn't worn off
    Brocefus @ usa 1
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 04.03.2014
    Brocefus wrote: »
    I would be more fair because at least about half of each alliance would not win berimond... Even if they refused to attack and pass info they would loose. So if they wanted to win they would play and attack. They wouldn't have to attack alliance mates but they would have to attack and try if they wanted to win.
    So either half the alliance that got stuck on one side would have to suck up the loss or play... I am pretty sure they would play no?

Right now if enough of the big alliances get on red side on USA1 i think blue will just give up and get bowled over.

You don't get anything for winning (at least you didn't last time), you get rewards based on points learnt, be pretty easy to arrange a few favorable captures if your alliance members were on the other side.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
    edited 04.03.2014
    This all still boils down to alliance mates not winning or being high in the rankings due to being on the other side. Just saying when you have top alliances acting together on one side to take out watchtowers and capture / kill troops on the other side it gets lopsided fast. The rich get richer eh. Well enough of that now its time to just sit back and see what happens.
    Brocefus @ usa 1
  • Stevo777Stevo777 Posts: 34
    edited 04.03.2014
    This event just start and I don't like it. Cuz again ruby players have a big adventage.

Good job GGS. And please stop with this.

And also this automatically assigned to an faction is pretty bad idea. Cuz on WWW2 all ruby alliances get an faction which are ofc full of 70lvl's.

So event is failed. Thanks.
    Stevo777 @ WWW 2
  • RabbidBadger (GB1)RabbidBadger (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    edited 04.03.2014
    ggs need to rethink this event ... it can still be manipulated to favour one side more than the other

1. say you joined an alliance that was on the side you wanted and joined Berrimond .... then you drop out of that alliance and go back to your old alliance ( who havent joined Berrimond yet) .. so your the first to have entered the event so any one in your alliance that decides to join will be on the same side as you as you set the side by being first in your alliance to have joined the event

2. seems to work on alliance ranking ... even numbers are on one side and odd numbers the other
    so if your alliance has an odd number of points in the rankings but puts you on the wrong side then drop some honor untill you have an even number of points .. hey presto your on the side you want

not playing the event myself ( as ggs still havent refunded my rubies i spent building before they cancelled it) these are just observations but if i thought of them so will others
    RabbidBadger @ en 1
  • qazs2qazs2 Posts: 4,141
    edited 04.03.2014
    Blue on USA 1 is going to be creamed and I am part of blue. red is bigger from the start 59% to 41% is that really fair. that is from when I joined
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

Wrong place for any of those.

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
  • Bleed2Bleed2 Posts: 3
    edited 04.03.2014
    I'm not in Berimond and still I have to look at those horns about incoming attacks to camps, towers and resource villages in Berimond.

Is there going to be any change to this??
    Bleed @ skn 1
    edited 04.03.2014
    Bleed2 wrote: »
    I'm not in Berimond and still I have to look at those horns about incoming attacks to camps, towers and resource villages in Berimond.

really? must be a display bug, you should report it to support
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RZA (ASIA1)RZA (ASIA1) Posts: 65
    edited 04.03.2014
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    In that case you would end up being on the other side from the rest of your alliance. It will assign you based on whichever faction your current alliance when joining is part of.
    Well, my suggestion was to discourage people from doing just that. This way half of my alliance could join one side, the other half could join the other side, we could attack each other non-stop and let each other win with as few casualties as possible and earn more points than those alliances who do it "by the book".
    3MAJ @ WWW 2
  • solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    edited 04.03.2014
    Bleed2 wrote: »

We have same problem :-(They have to fix that. I'm not going to participate when I'm not able to choose side, and I DON'T want to look at that horn all the time.
    solveig @ skn 1
Sign In to comment.