Home English (UK) Strategy & Tactics Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Hiring mercenaries

IMN4UIMN4U Posts: 4
Something I found out the hard way (I'm a newbie to the game) - I was defeated in an attack because the Mercenaries (which I bought specifically to fight in that attack) disappeared when the attack occurred, according to the Details in the Attack Report. Bottom Line-Don't depend on Mercenaries to hang with you in an attack.
Post edited by IMN4U on
IMN4U @ usa 1

Comments

• mb73992mb73992 Posts: 790
    edited 03.11.2013
    wat are u talking about u probably sent them away or something
    mb7399 @ en 1
    #RIP IAN HO
    1st of december is ian ho day dont attack any1 for the day and spread the word
    leader of templars
    Proud to b irish
    You'll never beat the irish
  • JackPlayer093JackPlayer093 Posts: 1
    edited 17.11.2013
    How do I get a spy?
    JackPlayer09 @ usa 1
  • Aldrin5379 (US1)Aldrin5379 (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 26.11.2013
    You need to build a tavern, its in the military tab in the construction.

Also, they don't just disappear-you may have run out of food and they deserted.

@Cpt I was talking about the mercenaries camp, but the person MAY have meant shadow ones, who do not eat food and do not fight on defense.
    Lvl 62 The Ravenger, two year player

Aldrin5379 @ usa 1
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 26.11.2013
    Aldrin5379 wrote: »
    You need to build a tavern, its in the military tab in the construction.

Also, they don't just disappear-you may have run out of food and they deserted.
    They don't consume food.
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 27.11.2013
    They don't consume food.

I believe he is referring to troops from the Mercenary Tent, not Shadow Mercenaries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,109
    edited 27.11.2013
    Rdrnnr wrote: »
    I believe he is referring to troops from the Mercenary Tent, not Shadow Mercenaries.

He could mean the Shadows, because they don't defend.

OP can you clarify?
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 27.11.2013
    Yes the please tell us what happened in detail, it's really confusing to understand what your problem is... :/
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • HillybillycrashHillybillycrash Posts: 1
    edited 05.12.2013
    Can shadow merc's be killed when you are being attacked if you do not send them away? (Even though they do not defend)
    Hillybillycrash @ usa 1
  • Colt442Colt442 Posts: 2,168
    edited 05.12.2013
    Can shadow merc's be killed when you are being attacked if you do not send them away? (Even though they do not defend)

No they will be safe you don't have to send them away
    20a6j54.gif
  • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 471
    edited 09.02.2014
    I think this person is referring to the mercs you hire at the post, because "I hired them for that attack specifically" but that can mean two things... Whatever,
    Just saying the bears and the lions get it in this game... 

What is the max hoarder level?

• KullKull Posts: 6
    edited 28.02.2014
    Do Marauders come by often as Mercs? I just started yesterday and had one come by when I was short on gold and food, so didn't (couldn't really) hire him. I have yet to see another come by. If they don't come by often, how do we get them? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kull @ usa 1
  • qazs2qazs2 Posts: 4,141
    edited 03.03.2014
    They come from time to time but a rather expensive
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

Wrong place for any of those.

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
  • Ama C (US1)Ama C (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 04.03.2014
    From the detail of my Defeat, there was a Marauder for purchase (7 days....rubies). I've attacked 2 Baron Castles with pyromanic (2 each time) and I can't see the Marauder. Is this a shadow, lurking somewhere in the background and will he surface or produce results. Ama C
    Ama C @ usa 1
  • Queen JeanQueen Jean Posts: 120
    edited 16.04.2014
    I buy Marauders and I can never use them in Attacks? why? They never show up, they are hidden. And they do not loot well at all, I bought for 7 days, they left and I attacked a castle, same levels etc. of one that I had attack with a Marauder and I got more loot then with the Marauders, plus I cannot buy or ? a Pyromaniac..why? HOW can I get one? Thanks
    Queen Jean @ usa 1
  • dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 16.04.2014
    The marauder that you're talking about is not a troop. He only increases the amount you loot and the amount glory you get.

You can get pyromaniacs from the marauder EVENT or from the mercenary post sometimes.
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBill (US1)BerserkBill (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 18.04.2014
    You should try to get three taverns as soon as you can, and lvlup.
    BerserkBill @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file