Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Messages Not loading

7sue7 (GB1)7sue7 (GB1) Posts: 8
edited 17.02.2014 in Technical Assistance
Since the downtime for improvements today, once the service was restored, my messages are not loading, just 3 cogs turning, also there are no pictures in any of the square boxes when tools or troops are being selected for training, I cannot even get help to open, when I click on it, it just doesn't do anything. I have other things i cannot get to open either like wolves attacking etc, please help I cannot get any espionage reports or victory reports. and I have cleared my cache like you recomended the last time and it still does not work. was working fine before you closed for improvements today,My outposts are not loading properly either, a lot of the buildings are just a load of sticks coming out from the ground, although it works when you click on the sticks... the sticks being the buildings that they are supposed to represent, thanks Sue

Even the world map is only partly there
Post edited by 7sue7 (GB1) on
7sue7 @ en 1

Comments

• Emperor74Emperor74 Posts: 1
    edited 14.02.2014
    I'm having similar problems. Can't play the game any more!
    Emperor7 @ en 1
  • SwayerDiamond22SwayerDiamond22 Posts: 1
    edited 14.02.2014
    same for me....unplayable
    SwayerDiamond2 @ en 1
  • DAG357DAG357 Posts: 1
    edited 14.02.2014
    Same here, and have also tried the cache and 2 different browsers
    DAG357 @ en 1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 14.02.2014
    These problems all seem to be quite similar to issues I have had. I know for a fact that my problems come from internet connectivity issues, which affect data stream. For instance, I can often play the game,attack, move between kingdoms but not be able to load messages. The basic data stream seems to run the main game, and the message (and recruit/produce) systems seem to load on top of that. So, although the current issues are being put down to flash problems, it seems to me GGs are having data stream problems.

I'm no expert, but to me it looks like something serious has happened to the data stream ad GGSs end. Just a possibility, but being as it is very similar to what I get all the time, and currently, my game is working fine, I would be inclined to think it's a GGS problem, not a flash problem.

Streamlining your game helps. Switch off arrows on maps, animations and try setting graphics quality to low. These things all reduce the data stream and can help with flash memory too.

Given the severity of these problems, and how many players are unable to play (and spend), I would hope the entire GGs office is working on this. Being a company who operate a flash based game, they should really be capable of finding and fixing the problem instead of offering advice to the players, as if it is somehow our fault.
    It's been a while.....

• Liberis2Liberis2 Posts: 24
    edited 14.02.2014
    Since the downtime for improvements today, once the service was restored, my messages are not loading, just 3 cogs turning, also there are no pictures in any of the square boxes when tools or troops are being selected for training, I cannot even get help to open, when I click on it, it just doesn't do anything. I have other things i cannot get to open either like wolves attacking etc, please help I cannot get any espionage reports or victory reports. and I have cleared my cache like you recomended the last time and it still does not work. was working fine before you closed for improvements today,My outposts are not loading properly either, a lot of the buildings are just a load of sticks coming out from the ground, although it works when you click on the sticks... the sticks being the buildings that they are supposed to represent, thanks Sue

Even the world map is only partly there

I am having these exact issues.

I come on the game daily and these issues have only manifested themselves since this afternoon for me.
    Liberis @ en 1
  • 7sue7 (GB1)7sue7 (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 14.02.2014
    It seems that its only happened since the so called site maintenance, I cannot get log in bonus to open either, anything regarding soldiers seems to be what is not opening in the build it zones, and I cannot place any new buildings in the castle, although i can set a higher level to build on the buildings that are already in my castles and outposts. Its definately making the game unplayable because I cannot get any espionage reports or victory reports, some of the messages when i click on them are not doing anything at all, whereas yesterday they were opening to a box with cogs turning. I contacted help yesterday but had no answer as yet
    7sue7 @ en 1
    edited 14.02.2014
    I've also found I can't build the buildings I want to. Only those displaying an image (where most of them just show the ubiquitous 'cogs' symbol) can be built at the moment. At least I've put in those stables I was going to anyway.

I'm a bit frustrated so I'll try tomorrow. Fortunately I have 3 days of food and not a big army. Hope you find the solution soon, GGS!
    Liberis @ en 1
  • sapho (GB1)sapho (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    edited 14.02.2014
    same thing with me. also cant recruit mercenaries
    sapho @ en 1
  • P-MacP-Mac Posts: 2
    edited 14.02.2014
    Having the same problem, I've tried clearing the cache, several different browsers and it's still not working.

Can't open any messages, the attack screen, any traders etc.

Really hope this gets sorted soon.
    P-Mac @ en 1
  • cat402cat402 Posts: 830
    edited 14.02.2014
    I don't have that problem, but I usually have to wait a while for everything to load when I log in, but I think that's just my slow computer. Check your router if you can, sometimes mine acts up and cycles on and off. It might be that, but if everyone has that problem, it might not be.
    Cat40, former Castle Protecti leader, a Proud Non-Ruby-Buyer
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to contact me about something I did or said on the forums, please private message me though the forums, not through the game.
    Speed equation (link)
    [/FONT]
    408990172.jpg
    [FONT=&quot][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

If you beat me once, you earn my respect.
    If you beat me twice, I mark you as a target.
    If you beat me three times, shame on me.
  • UggieUggie Posts: 1
    edited 15.02.2014
    Same problem for me, any fix?
    Uggie @ en 1
  • sapho (GB1)sapho (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    edited 15.02.2014
    problem is back again
    sapho @ en 1
    edited 15.02.2014
    I've found that the problems have been rectified for me now. Thanks GGS for sorting this for me, at least.

If we can spend the time to report a complaint, I may as well notify you when I'm content once you've sorted it.
    Liberis @ en 1
  • Sheogorath (GB1)Sheogorath (GB1) Posts: 4
    edited 15.02.2014
    Emperor74 wrote: »
    I'm having similar problems. Can't play the game any more!

I have the same problems
    Sheogorath @ en 1
  • bigchuck69 (US1)bigchuck69 (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 16.02.2014
    yep here also
    I have the same problems
    bigchuck69 @ usa 1
  • Jewels83Jewels83 Posts: 1
    edited 16.02.2014
    Same here. Hope it gets fixed
    Jewels83 @ usa 1
  • STL GONZ (US1)STL GONZ (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 17.02.2014
    Same problem everyone else is having. Def NOT my internet connection. I am hard wired and on wifi with a high speed modem and router and did connection tests and everything. Def a GGS problem. Its quite BS
    STL GONZ @ usa 1
  • Henry KnightHenry Knight Posts: 389
    edited 17.02.2014
    at least yoiu can all get in the game so of us can't even login
    Henry Knight @ usa 1
  • madmonkiimadmonkii Posts: 6
    edited 17.02.2014
    This is really annoying ... having the same problems....will check back later, feel a little better knowing that its def. a GGS problem.
    ffb0.jpg

MadMonkii of Fawlty Towers!
Sign In to comment.