Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

More then 5 rv's in ice

Comments

• Hal90002Hal90002 Posts: 89
    edited 30.01.2014
    Ok, now that GGS have acknowledged, however grudgingly, that we were right all along can you confirm that all players who lost villages due to the exploitation of this bug will have them returned ? I did not lose out myself but at least one member of my alliance did and I don"t see why he should suffer.
    Hal9000 @ WWW 1
  • Fatality2Fatality2 Posts: 54
    edited 30.01.2014
    Need to get something done about this. Can't have players with 750% food increase.
    Fatality @ en 1
  • sektor2sektor2 Posts: 97
    edited 30.01.2014
    Personally, if anyone exploits this bug me thinks the punishment should be you lose ALL your food rv's ;-P
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 30.01.2014
    sektor2 wrote: »
    Personally, if anyone exploits this bug me thinks the punishment should be you lose ALL your food rv's ;-P

They would probably just recapture them, seeing as they are all very close to them in that screenshot on the last page. I would assume it will be a temporary ban or something along those lines, however GGE wants to handle it.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 30.01.2014
    Eric768 wrote: »
    They would probably just recapture them, seeing as they are all very close to them in that screenshot on the last page. I would assume it will be a temporary ban or something along those lines, however GGE wants to handle it.

The best way to handle it would be to turn all wrongly captured RV's over to Eric. He could manage the redistribution process in a fair and impartial manner, while keeping a few for himself... just to reward his troubles :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 30.01.2014
    Rdrnnr wrote: »
    The best way to handle it would be to turn all wrongly captured RV's over to Eric. He could manage the redistribution process in a fair and impartial manner, while keeping a few for himself... just to reward his troubles :D

And as Eric's self-appointed assistant, I believe I deserve to get 15 Food RVs... :D for my trouble (do you have any idea how hard it's to self-appoint yourself???)
    edited 30.01.2014
    Peter John wrote: »
    And as Eric's self-appointed assistant, I believe I deserve to get 15 Food RVs... :D for my trouble (do you have any idea how hard it's to self-appoint yourself???)

No, go home, you're drunk.

But seriously, I doubt they will give back the players RVs to the rightful owners, my guess is they will just be left as open until someone is able to capture them.

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • kims911kims911 Posts: 38
    edited 30.01.2014
    well, nothing have happened. hammer2012 in int1 have now probably clsoe to 20 food rv's in ice and aparently that is correct number for him guys, nothing more we can say or do as they don't find it strange the numbers goes up. maybe a new screenshoot to show?? http://snag.gy/DoCDk.jpg

It is fun to be in war with this type of guys that can have unlimit RV's in ice
    kims911 @ WWW 1
  • wilhelmuswilhelmus Posts: 50
    edited 30.01.2014
    Hello!

I have a perfect example from a player who has been taking a lot ice villages since the bug... He has about 20 food villages now... and still he does not have enough...
    isn't it time to stop this?
    he might have 15 000 food production right now....

name: hammer2012... server: INT1... and he is not the only one...

good luck
    and thank you in advance!
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Hi Hal90002,

Where exactly is this evidence?? The screenshots here don't show anything being wrong. Yes, they show that a player has more than the village limit, but nothing to suggest that they took them recently or that they have more food villages than they should. It's not a problem to check at all, but given that only one account name has been given it does make it rather difficult to check ;)

Regards,
    Ethan

UPDATE - Our bug team have confirmed that this is an issue and that they are investigating right now. Since this is now a confirmed bug anyone exploiting it may have action taken against their account. Steps will most likely be taken to remove the extra villages from these players so i would discourage anyone trying to take more villages than they should be able to have.
    wilhelmus @ 1
  • Draco14Draco14 Posts: 88
    edited 30.01.2014
    It would be terribly unfair too ban these players if they do not realize that this is a bug. they may well think that its fine.
    Draco, Proud General Of Ragnarok On UK1

<WE ARE THE TERRIBLE>
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 30.01.2014
    Draco14 wrote: »
    It would be terribly unfair too ban these players if they do not realize that this is a bug. they may well think that its fine.

If they don't know it's a bug, they should be banned for sheer stupidity. Anyone that had max RV's, knows what the limit is. If suddenly that limit goes away, without any kind of announcement at all, it is obviously a bug.

Just like the "doubling" soldiers bug, once can be a mistake... 15 times is deliberate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 30.01.2014
    Rdrnnr wrote: »
    If they don't know it's a bug, they should be banned for sheer stupidity. Anyone that had max RV's, knows what the limit is. If suddenly that limit goes away, without any kind of announcement at all, it is obviously a bug.

Just like the "doubling" soldiers bug, once can be a mistake... 15 times is deliberate.

And unless the bug effected all the players in this persons alliance, they have to know it's a bug as some of the others in there alliance can not capture any more than 5.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 30.01.2014
    Draco14 wrote: »

That guy looks seasoned enough to know what he is doing.

• Sarah936Sarah936 Posts: 46
    edited 30.01.2014
    where is the best place to find rv's????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Sarah936 @ USA2
    edited 30.01.2014
    Sarah936 wrote: »
    where is the best place to find rv's?

Outer edges of the map, or all around if you are looking to steal them.

• Sarah936Sarah936 Posts: 46
    edited 31.01.2014
    i cant find any
    Sarah936 @ USA2
    edited 31.01.2014
    i cant find any

They open in bunches as more people join the server, for the ones that open on the outer edges of the map.

• Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 31.01.2014
    i cant find any

You aren't going to find one it ten minutes, you need to search for much longer than that.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 31.01.2014
    Also look for players in ruins who have RVs.

• TIGROVI (GB1)TIGROVI (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 31.01.2014
    2 years ago they could take more than five villages. I had 7 but when I lost two I could not go back.
    TIGROVI @ en 1
Sign In to comment.