Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!


ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.


If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

AFK Button

SalimL2410SalimL2410 Posts: 103
Lol, nothing major.. But, I think it could be useful

A lot of time, there are players who are online, but not really ON line. I think it would be useful if there was an AFK button to show they are actually away from the computer

Again, nothing major, but I'd appreciate it
Post edited by SalimL2410 on
SalimL2410 @ usa 1

Comments

  • jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,091
    edited 30.01.2014
    They need to just log off if saying AFK in chat isn't enough.
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • ArcherKNArcherKN Posts: 260
    edited 30.01.2014
    SalimL2410 wrote: »
    Lol, nothing major.. But, I think it could be useful

    A lot of time, there are players who are online, but not really ON line. I think it would be useful if there was an AFK button to show they are actually away from the computer

    Again, nothing major, but I'd appreciate it

    First of all, when you are on, nobody can see that but members of your alliance. Second, the last thing I would do is let others know that you are not at the computer. That's like shouting "Hey! If you wanted to attack me, now is the ideal time!", don't you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ArcherKN @ usa 1

    STOP THIS INSANE UP-DATE NOW!
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 30.01.2014
    ArcherKN wrote: »
    First of all, when you are on, nobody can see that but members of your alliance. Second, the last thing I would do is let others know that you are not at the computer. That's like shouting "Hey! If you wanted to attack me, now is the ideal time!", don't you think?

    Well, he didn't state anything about others outside the alliance being able to see the fact you are away from the keyboard.

    Doesn't seem necessary to me, I just say, "HEY NUMBNUTS, I'LL BE BACK IN 30".

    Works fine.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • SalimL2410SalimL2410 Posts: 103
    edited 30.01.2014
    LOL ERIC!

    All I meant is in the alliance, but ok
    SalimL2410 @ usa 1
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 30.01.2014
    SalimL2410 wrote: »
    LOL ERIC!

    All I meant is in the alliance, but ok

    Yeah, that's what I thought.

    Simple verbal communication is enough I think.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 30.01.2014
    Hey SalimL2410,

    As Eric768 stated above, this seems like a really unnecessary addition to the game, since you can rely on verbal communication to tell your Alliance members whether you are there or not.

    Regards,

    Steve.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 30.01.2014
    What about a "in the huff" button? The inability to portray my annoyance at my minions not laughing at my jokes makes the game almost unplayable at times.
    It's been a while.....



  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 30.01.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    What about a "in the huff" button? The inability to portray my annoyance at my minions not laughing at my jokes makes the game almost unplayable at times.

    I totally feel your pain on this one, but sadly we just have to take it. At least we made ourselves laugh, right?

    Regards,

    Steve.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 30.01.2014
    I totally feel your pain on this one, but sadly we just have to take it. At least we made ourselves laugh, right?

    Regards,

    Steve.

    Hahahahahahahahaha..
    It's been a while.....



Sign In to comment.