Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

how do I improve my ranking in an Alliance. I have contributed most, but no promotion

Skye32Skye32 Posts: 7
edited 02.01.2014 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Hi
I have contributed most in honour, rubies and supported with troup camps. How do I get promotion in an alliance. Someone else with a lower achievement record has taken over and I do not understand how.

Janet;(
Post edited by Skye32 on

Comments

• PJboiPJboi Posts: 675
    edited 27.12.2013
    hello skye I think its the fact the alliance ur with is not as good as you are so im going to contact you in game and give you a chance with the liberals as we will give you more fun in the rankings :D
  • JJ-5792JJ-5792 Posts: 1,213
    edited 27.12.2013
    just because you are the biggest contributor does not ensure a promotion. it may be just a popularity contest.

you could confront them, explain that you have helped this alliance grow

and that if you aren't recognized you could go and find another alliance where you will be appreciated.

I would use the last one only if the prior ones fail and you actually mean it, not just a hollow threat.
  • SHH11192SHH11192 Posts: 81
    edited 27.12.2013
    Really, contributing may not result in promotion.

I joined my current alliance when I was a level 27: I was the most low-leveled in my alliance then. But then I started to advise and propose possible members to recruit near us, and I became a Recruiter 3 weeks later. And now I'm deputy :)

I have the lowest ruby donation, by only 2000 rubies. But I talk a lot, and use updates wisely to try to make my alliance prosper.

So, try to get involved with everything. Propose your ideas. Rankings are chosen by your involvement in maintaining the alliance.
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 28.12.2013
    SHH11192 wrote: »
    Really, contributing may not result in promotion.

I joined my current alliance when I was a level 27: I was the most low-leveled in my alliance then. But then I started to advise and propose possible members to recruit near us, and I became a Recruiter 3 weeks later. And now I'm deputy :)

I have the lowest ruby donation, by only 2000 rubies. But I talk a lot, and use updates wisely to try to make my alliance prosper.

So, try to get involved with everything. Propose your ideas. Rankings are chosen by your involvement in maintaining the alliance.

More particularly: ask your leader or deputy or whoever has been doing the promotions. Usually they have some answer. I often have a few projects lying around waiting for someone to step up and I consider an ask for a promotion to be volunteering. It doesn't matter which people in your alliance I would promote though, only matters what the leader there thinks.
  • kingterence (US1)kingterence (US1) Posts: 679
    edited 28.12.2013
    ask them for promotion or else leave their alliance…..since u said u contribute the most and support others, i think they'll be afraid of you leaving.
  • Mike12382Mike12382 Posts: 116
    edited 28.12.2013
    You have to show your alliance that you are top dog. Don't be afraid to lie, cheat, steal or kill.
  • Jas9824Jas9824 Posts: 1,111
    edited 29.12.2013
    Skye32 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have contributed most in honour, rubies and supported with troup camps. How do I get promotion in an alliance. Someone else with a lower achievement record has taken over and I do not understand how.

Janet;(
    dude its not about honor, it is about trust. how long have been in that alliance? do the leaders ever contact you?
    perhaps they dont promote you because they are afaird that you are going to abuse the power. so talk to them,gain their trust, and maybe you'll be a higher rank.
  • jwevans35jwevans35 Posts: 18
    edited 29.12.2013
    Mostly its about being there when needed and stepping up when no one else will. I moved up because when no leaders where around I helped resolved conflicts with other alliances and assisted diplomatically.Also helping other players learn and grow. There are level 60's in my alliance who are good players but chose not to be that involved in the diplomacy. It's players choice, You can have a huge castle win battles and have lots of honor. But you need to get involved in other ways that build trust with your alliance. this will show you will always be relied upon by the people in your alliance. most casual players in an alliance just want to know leadership will be there to help. Communicate and keep talking. Best way to grow. Plus realized its not all its cracked up to be, Leadership comes with a lot of headaches sometimes.
  • eckberg (US1)eckberg (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    edited 31.12.2013
    If its a female leader,just woo her and once you're in her pants,you can have anything.
  • JonBerserk7 (US1)JonBerserk7 (US1) Posts: 9,135
    edited 31.12.2013
    eckberg wrote: »
    If its a female leader,just woo her and once you're in her pants,you can have anything.

I've decided Eck, I'm following you and taking notes, you have much to teach. Hope Malreyn doesn't ban you before I have learned all you have to teach ;)

Oh yeah now on topic, shhh don't tell nobody, but one of our deputies has 0's for donations, they're pretty awesome ;) Donating isn't everything!
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 01.01.2014
    Show initiative, Leaders love initiative, I was a sergeant, I took the initiative to send out the GGE updates to everyone in a mass email, and BOOM, I was a general!
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 01.01.2014
    You play your guitar on the MTV.
  • eckberg (US1)eckberg (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    edited 01.01.2014
    Its this simple:

Male: Take him to a strip club and maybe do some blow with him. (whatever drugs he's into)
    Female: Get her some shiny stuff,act like you care, bing, bang, boom with her and you'll be a marshal in one night.

Donate by giving a night to remember like when me and my leader went to Mexico....neither of us will forget that night....*cough*
  • SHH11192SHH11192 Posts: 81
    edited 01.01.2014
    eckberg wrote: »
    Its this simple:

Male: Take him to a strip club and maybe do some blow with him. (whatever drugs he's into)
    Female: Get her some shiny stuff,act like you care, bing, bang, boom with her and you'll be a marshal in one night.

Donate by giving a night to remember like when me and my leader went to Mexico....neither of us will forget that night....*cough*

Amen... I'm looking at your every posts now on, like Jonberserk7 :)
  • hussain422hussain422 Posts: 104
    edited 01.01.2014
    Be active with the alliance and take charge.
  • jules Delanyjules Delany Posts: 86
    edited 01.01.2014
    PJboi wrote: »
    hello skye I think its the fact the alliance ur with is not as good as you are so im going to contact you in game and give you a chance with the liberals as we will give you more fun in the rankings :D

I just found this and I cannot give these guys anything but the best recomendation.
    A good alliance with a lot of strong players wh I know will promote on ability and make you feel welcome.
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 01.01.2014
    have u even ask to become a sergeant or general? r alliance leader only give promotions if we ASK for them. except very rarely. maybe ur alliance leader is the same way.
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 01.01.2014
    I got both of my promotions (Sargent and general) without asking, it depends on the leader I guess.
  • Jamie WhiteJamie White Posts: 471
    edited 01.01.2014
    Now that y'all have had a taste of Crew... you know how awesome (and sexy) we are. So check out our recruitment thread 'That sexy alliance you always wanted to be a part of', see if you qualify, then ask us to send you an invite!

Eck-ness 24/7!

If ever there was another Edil... it would be ECKBERG!
  • T412 (US1)T412 (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 02.01.2014
    you got hustled cuz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file