Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Hacker

bob24bob24 Posts: 76
edited 25.11.2013 in Technical Assistance
THERE IS A HACKER LOOSE IN SKN1

Peoples RV´s have been GIVEN away with troops and all, and profiles have been hacked and lost.
Post edited by bob24 on
bob2 @ skn 1

Comments

• RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 19.11.2013
    For what you say happened, it would have to be someone that hacked the GGS database, not individual accounts. There is no game mechanism that allows RV's, with troop complement, to be exchanged. Profiles being deleted would be the same. I suggest you gather some solid proof of what happened, and contact support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • bob24bob24 Posts: 76
    edited 19.11.2013
    support contacted, but another alliance lost 7 profiles already

and as written, some RV´s was taken from one and given to another.

for some reason it seems to follow a certain account, and GGS have promised to track IP addresses to the other alliance members, or so I have been told.

I just wrote here to inform as many as possible, we don´t have a communication tree, and I just hope people read this and perhaps could give more info to support, should they experience something similar themselves.
    bob2 @ skn 1
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 20.11.2013
    Are you sure that these people weren't giving out their keys, and then they in turn gave the RVs away?
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • risesheena (GB1)risesheena (GB1) Posts: 524
    edited 20.11.2013
    how would you give rvs with troops.?
    risesheena @ en 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thai123thai123 Posts: 4
    edited 20.11.2013
    my account is thai123 in india saver:1 and my account has been suspended

thai123
    thai123 @ in 1
    edited 20.11.2013
    Eric768 wrote: »
    Are you sure that these people weren't giving out their keys, and then they in turn gave the RVs away?

not possible, all RV´s was taken from one in ice and given to someone who was already RV full in ice, and all troops were intact in the RV´s.

and as mentioned, 7 members from another alliance lost castles.
    h.jpg 32.9K
    bob2 @ skn 1
  • BadpanzerBadpanzer Posts: 15
    edited 21.11.2013
    I was hacked today about 3 hrs ago and Im still trying to calculate the damage.
    Sofar Im down all my rubies and about 1000 troops still haven't checked my rv's yet.
    Not good.
    Badpanzer @ au 1
    edited 21.11.2013
    Badpanzer wrote: »
    I was hacked today about 3 hrs ago and Im still trying to calculate the damage.
    Sofar Im down all my rubies and about 1000 troops still haven't checked my rv's yet.
    Not good.

contact support asap!!
    bob2 @ skn 1
  • player4309player4309 Posts: 4
    edited 21.11.2013
    change your password immediatly
    player4309 kill
  • BadpanzerBadpanzer Posts: 15
    edited 21.11.2013
    Yes I changed password and contacted support.

Suipport tells me I cant be hacked and that I must have given away my password.
    F**ck you goodgame not one penny more do you get from me not 1 single cent.
    Support is worthless.
    Badpanzer @ au 1
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 21.11.2013
    Badpanzer wrote: »
    Yes I changed password and contacted support.

Suipport tells me I cant be hacked and that I must have given away my password.
    F**ck you goodgame not one penny more do you get from me not 1 single cent.
    Support is worthless.

That must be true, since we know it is impossible to guess someone's password, or use a brute force logger script, or use key-logger software on someone else's computer, etc...

*Red, the new sarcasm font...*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 21.11.2013
    Please do not use inappropriate content.
    Report them. I don't care if it takes them a long time to respond.
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

edited 22.11.2013
    bob24 wrote: »
    not possible, all RV´s was taken from one in ice and given to someone who was already RV full in ice, and all troops were intact in the RV´s.

and as mentioned, 7 members from another alliance lost castles.

Did you count all their RVs and determine they were full, or you just assuming?

Is it possible they attacked and captured the RVs... That seems like the most likely thing, and you are just trying to play it off as they are hacking.

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Faran2 (INT2)Faran2 (INT2) Posts: 239
    edited 22.11.2013
    well if its true this is a big glitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... That's right level 49 DUKE FARAN2 THE SHADOW MASTER!- Current legend 10THE TERRIBLE!-

Proud Generol of asylum, level 50 capitol alliance
    edited 23.11.2013
    Faran25 wrote: »
    well if its true this is a big glitch

I highly doubt the guy is a hacker, and we haven't been given any proof, or real strong evidence of him hacking.

edited 23.11.2013

Is it possible they attacked and captured the RVs... That seems like the most likely thing, and you are just trying to play it off as they are hacking.

how can you have 30 RV´s in ice (the player who got them came after it was altered to only 15 RV´s in ice)

and how could he get the RV´s with troops and all, no fight? the one who lost the RV´s had 2000 troops hidden in them, they were intact when the other guy got them, how is this possible?
    bob2 @ skn 1
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 23.11.2013
    bob24 wrote: »
    how can you have 30 RV´s in ice (the player who got them came after it was altered to only 15 RV´s in ice)

and how could he get the RV´s with troops and all, no fight? the one who lost the RV´s had 2000 troops hidden in them, they were intact when the other guy got them, how is this possible?

If those things happened, just as you are saying (which is hard to believe), then it's the game being buggy - definitely not supposed to work that way.
    edited 23.11.2013
    Ok, so my next question is why did he have 2k troops in there? Just happened to have them stationed in there...

• op gabbe (SKN1)op gabbe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 30
    edited 23.11.2013

My alliance has also been the visit of hackers, we have lost three accounts. The hacker logged in and sended around the password to several alliances. Two ofthe acounts lost their outpost. So it is definitely a hacker on SKN1

it's a shame because it's quite rare to have thirty RV's because you can only have 15 RV's. But a while ago, you could have 30 RV's sew it is a pity that the player may not get back all the RV's.
    op gabbe @ skn 1
    edited 23.11.2013
    Ok, but where is the proof? So far it is just stories of it happening, we need some sort of proof to determine that it is in fact a hacker. Are you sure these people simply didn't give out their passwords and they reaped the benefits.

This discussion has been closed.