Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Baldrick's Big Bug Busting Board

Comments

• longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 18.11.2013
    Lord Porky wrote: »
    Whereas the former maximum was 100% + tools, it's now 100% + tools + Castellan, giving a maximum of 470% (with 4 tool slots), i.e. 100% + 280% (4 Arrow Slits) + 90% from the Castellan.

I fixed that for you.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady Eleanor (GB1)Lady Eleanor (GB1) Posts: 33
    edited 19.11.2013
    Baldrick, I'm not sure if you are able to help on a problem I have experienced. I recently purchased rubies while an offer was on I purchased via my mobile text message, I received the pin number and entered it and received confirmation that the purchase had been made successfully but was not credited with the rubies I purchased? is this something you have come across before? I would appreciate your assistance in this matter, Thank you.
    Lady Eleanor
    Lady Eleanor @ en 1
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 19.11.2013
    Baldrick, I'm not sure if you are able to help on a problem I have experienced. I recently purchased rubies while an offer was on I purchased via my mobile text message, I received the pin number and entered it and received confirmation that the purchase had been made successfully but was not credited with the rubies I purchased? is this something you have come across before? I would appreciate your assistance in this matter, Thank you.
    Lady Eleanor

This is something that you will need to speak to support about.
    http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 19.11.2013
    longshanks wrote: »
    I fixed that for you.

Thanks, Longshanks. Arrow Slits are indeed +70% each, to Rangers, rather than 75%.
  • YossarianYossarian Posts: 574
    edited 20.11.2013
    I have noticed lately that attacks on castles have been only giving 30 minute warnings for 1280 attacks, it looks like the 5+ hours notice bug has been fixed and replaced with less time than before they messed it up.

30 minutes is hardly enough warning for maximum attacks.

Capture attacks are still showing from launch.
    they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 20.11.2013
    Yossarian wrote: »
    I have noticed lately that attacks on castles have been only giving 30 minute warnings for 1280 attacks, it looks like the 5+ hours notice bug has been fixed and replaced with less time than before they messed it up.

Eric is cool

The usual warning before any bugs was around 45-55 minutes without a watchtower, then with watchtowers and all that, could go from 1 hour to 1:45. So 30 minutes is also irregular, but do you know if this was just one case, or what?

(See if you can find what I changed in the quoted post)
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • RoobPlayerRoobPlayer Posts: 85
    edited 20.11.2013
    Last monday we had 2 incoming attacks at our metro, and one at our capital in ice.

During the first attack on our metro no attack horn was visible at all.

During the other two attacks, the horn was visible, but it wasn't possible to view the details of the attack up to the very end. The attacks came from over 200 fields.

Yesterday another attack without horn :((

GGS, please stop develloping this game any further for now and give full priority to fixing these bugs, which make it virtually impossible to defend metros and capitals, and thus take away the fun of playing the game.

aanval-op-handelsmeropool-details-bleven-tot-op-het-eind-onzichtbaar-zelfde-gebeurde-bij-onze-hoofdstad-op-ijs-bij-andere-aanvallen-verscheen-helemaal-geen-hoorn-de-game-wordt-alsmaar-kreupeler.png
    6ftdql
  • kyl3 broflovski (GB1)kyl3 broflovski (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    edited 20.11.2013
    The loss of RV tools appears utterly random, two freshly won rvs each with a tool placed on the wall, one losses it when logging out and back in several hours later the other does not.

When the one that retains its tools (or did) is loaded up, yes you guessed it next login they are all gone. When the tools disappear the wall/troop split (flank/centre/flank) also resets so part of the same bug I guess. Some people will see it when they have no tools in and may think it is separate.
    kyl3 broflovski @ en 1
  • sup26sup26 Posts: 11
    edited 22.11.2013
    lol this is a weird bug whenever i move my mouse on the world map this gamer tag the beast with the protection bird on follows me look....

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

look on top of a players castel.
    look under a captured op
    look under a rbc.
    sup26 @ usa 1
  • YossarianYossarian Posts: 574
    edited 22.11.2013
    Eric768 wrote: »
    The usual warning before any bugs was around 45-55 minutes without a watchtower, then with watchtowers and all that, could go from 1 hour to 1:45. So 30 minutes is also irregular, but do you know if this was just one case, or what?

(See if you can find what I changed in the quoted post)

I can't find any changes, when I noticed the 30 minute warning there was about 20 incoming attacks, all attacks on castles without watchtowers showed up at the same time. The attacks on castles with watchtowers showed up with the normal 1 hour plus times.
    they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 25.11.2013
    Just to add to travel overview and attack warning bug, I'm not sure if this is widespread but as of tonight the entire travel overview seems to be broken. An attack incoming on me is not showing to other members of alliance and it shows to me as another member of the alliance being attacked. There's at least one other instance tonight of a player in our alliance not seeing an incoming attack at all, neither in the travel overview or on the map (as in, no attack arrow).
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • Gordon82Gordon82 Posts: 21
    edited 25.11.2013
    Error 257 - Not enough Lottery tickets
    This Bug has occurred since those annoying little carts appeared next to the castle. Allegedly with resources
    When you click to get the resources it hits back with the error message "not enough lottery tickets"
    What kind of programmer would put that name is as a bug name? it sounds inane

This is additional to the bug where the little cart just above the castle to the left tells one that the cart has been looted. And it happens even before the cart has had time to fill up anyway.
    Gordon8 @ en 1
    edited 25.11.2013
    Yes I get that one all the time. It's irritating
    Gordon8 @ en 1
    edited 25.11.2013
    I am vindicated by this post. I thought it was me - that all the tools just disappeared. But it happened to you too.
    GGS should fix this problem as it does involve personal loss re the tools lost
    Gordon8 @ en 1
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 25.11.2013

Eric is cool

I can't find any changes

LOL, it was SO easy, is that the best you can do Eric?.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 25.11.2013
    Hi everyone, apologies for not updating this thread recently, not had as much tie for the forum as usual.

It looks like some of these bugs may be fixed with tomorrow's update, so I'll try to update this thread after that and hopefully knock a few off as I add more on.
    It's been a while.....

• CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 26.11.2013
    They've sorted the tiny text in the search bar... Sort of...
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • cyberhencyberhen Posts: 329
    edited 26.11.2013
    Copied from another thread , not my original post.

Ranking list bug
    Since update today deleted profiles are also listed in the ranking lists.

Loads of players in the listst stopped playing long time ago. When clicking on such a profile its shows the player has no castles and no alliance.

Please fix this problem.
    cyberhen @ en 1

Official moat duck trainer
    Black belt 3rd Dan in Origami

Will I ever learn everything about this game?
  • thomasthetankthomasthetank Posts: 1,024
    edited 26.11.2013
    i sent a capture attack to an inactive's op and then the next day came up whith saying attack but still has my castellan and time so is it a glitch
    9fgbw.gif
  • HobeeHobee Posts: 106
    edited 27.11.2013
    Lord Porky wrote: »
    This has been confirmed to work - all the Rangers on the Wall will die, with no offensive losses, as long as there are no Melee troops on the Wall. I think this is a bug, as Rangers taken to zero should die regardless of the presence or not of Melee troops beside them.

I tend to agree with Lord Porky--this is either a bug or a major design flaw, I think? I'm just having trouble understanding why mantlets, cast iron mantlets, and shield walls should change the way they damage ranged defenders, depending on whether melee defenders are present or not, on the wall next to the ranged defenders.

I see this as a huge discrepancy, and I'm baffled as to why only Lord Porky and a few other forum users have ever talked about it. If I remember correctly, not even Humpers2's detailed guide (elsewhere in the forum) precisely explains this discrepancy.

Perhaps Baldrick will consider putting this major design flaw on his list, even though it may not literally be a bug. Then again, it very well could be a bug, literally...it's such a strange, strange thing; I don't really know what to call it.

-- Hobee
    Hobee @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file