Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Critisism - Alliance power points.

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
So, now that we have the new capitals and the metropolises, and towers of course, we can see which alliances have the most power!

Erm, no we can't. What we can see is who has the most points, but the point system is just plain silly.

Here are what we know so far and which items reward points:

1500 points - "proper" capital.

1500 points - Metropolis upgraded to level 1

750 points - Metropolis not upgraded.

1500 points - Fire capital.

XXXX points - Sand capital.

1250 points - Ice capital

25 points - Royal Tower.

XXXX denotes unknowns at this time, if anyone has the information, please post here.

As can be seen, the points rewarded are just not an accurate showing of an alliances strength. "Proper" capitals should reward far more points than a fire capital or a metropolis. An Ice capital should provide far less. Although Metropolises are good and could be hard to hold I think 1500 points is far too high.

Please adjust the points system to provide a more accurate picture of an alliances real strength. Also, why not include upgrade levels, smithy level and most importantly, alliance level in this system? Maybe honour, building points and weekly looting too.

The system as it is is fairly pointless and in no way shows strength at all.

There is a level 5, 12 player alliance on EN1 (great alliance by the way) who hold an Ice capital and are shown in this system to be stronger than a level 24, 48 player alliance.

Many strong alliances score no points at all. If you want alliances to try to score kudos points then make the system more realistic.

Basically, every alliance should be included in these power points rankings or there is nothing to strive for or aim for.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• herbert32herbert32 Posts: 473
    edited 20.10.2013
    true,it is way unrealistic
    Herbert3,
    I'm very grumpy so don't get offended when I annoy you :P
    Lord Porky wrote: »
    That 'Darth Yoda' is pretty sweet.
    anyone better than the average player has no life.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?88466-Spamallicious-spam-thread
    For all your Spam needs 8)

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?75156-Lord-Of-Em-Ring-ums
    Quite a good story me-thinks
  • williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 20.10.2013
    sand should be 1350 points.
    what's an upgraded metropolis?
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 20.10.2013
    I like this idea. You should get points for being in the top 1000 honor alliance and the same for building points. Ex. If you are the best honor alliance you get 1000 points, and then you get points for the capitals (like it exists now). Smithy level is good too it could be you get 5 points a smithy level.

I like the weekly looting idea but how do you score that? Would it be 1 point for every 1000 loot or something?

Edit: How about points for the average level of members?
    Amount of soldiers recruited?
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 20.10.2013
    Cornet6 wrote: »
    I like this idea. You should get points for being in the top 1000 honor alliance and the same for building points. Ex. If you are the best honor alliance you get 1000 points, and then you get points for the capitals (like it exists now). Smithy level is good too it could be you get 5 points a smithy level.

I like the weekly looting idea but how do you score that? Would it be 1 point for every 1000 loot or something?

Edit: How about points for the average level of members?
    Amount of soldiers recruited?

Yeah, there are many things that could be included to actually show an alliances strength. As it is the points don't mean that much and exclude 99% of alliances.
    It's been a while.....

• Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 20.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Yeah, there are many things that could be included to actually show an alliances strength. As it is the points don't mean that much and exclude 99% of alliances.

That's very true, there is many different things that judge alliances so why does only some of them get used...
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • edited 20.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    So, now that we have the new capitals and the metropolises, and towers of course, we can see which alliances have the most power!

Erm, no we can't. What we can see is who has the most points, but the point system is just plain silly.

Here are what we know so far and which items reward points:

1500 points - "proper" capital.

1500 points - Metropolis upgraded to level 1

750 points - Metropolis not upgraded.

1500 points - Fire capital.

XXXX points - Sand capital.

1250 points - Ice capital

25 points - Royal Tower.

XXXX denotes unknowns at this time, if anyone has the information, please post here.

As can be seen, the points rewarded are just not an accurate showing of an alliances strength. "Proper" capitals should reward far more points than a fire capital or a metropolis. An Ice capital should provide far less. Although Metropolises are good and could be hard to hold I think 1500 points is far too high.

Please adjust the points system to provide a more accurate picture of an alliances real strength. Also, why not include upgrade levels, smithy level and most importantly, alliance level in this system? Maybe honour, building points and weekly looting too.

The system as it is is fairly pointless and in no way shows strength at all.

There is a level 5, 12 player alliance on EN1 (great alliance by the way) who hold an Ice capital and are shown in this system to be stronger than a level 24, 48 player alliance.

Many strong alliances score no points at all. If you want alliances to try to score kudos points then make the system more realistic.

Basically, every alliance should be included in these power points rankings or there is nothing to strive for or aim for.

Under the current "power structure" they are allowing the alliance that holds these "special items" to be more easily found or identified. The current game focus seems to be an effort to cause war over these items.

If they made a true power ranking it would reduce the value of the new update.
  • cyberhencyberhen Posts: 329
    edited 20.10.2013
    I agree that the power points should be for things achievable by all alliances - level, ranking, building points etc.
    cyberhen @ en 1

Official moat duck trainer
    Black belt 3rd Dan in Origami

Will I ever learn everything about this game?
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 20.10.2013
    genxfem4 wrote: »
    Under the current "power structure" they are allowing the alliance that holds these "special items" to be more easily found or identified. The current game focus seems to be an effort to cause war over these items.

If they made a true power ranking it would reduce the value of the new update.

Well in the next update these items will be viewable when clicking on alliances and players, so yes, you are correct on that part, GGS want us to find them and fight over them. To be honest, any alliance who is capable of capturing on of these things will be able to find them anyways. All that will happen as things are is that noobs will find these things and launch archers on them with 2 ladders and a loot sack or two.

These rankings are an insult to almost every alliance in this game. Way to go GGS.
    It's been a while.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file