We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Kindom- Sharktooth Isles

Comments

• DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 02.10.2013
    just kidding

good, for a second there, i thought you were real.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • TitoUltimatum (US1)TitoUltimatum (US1) Posts: 1,590US1
    edited 02.10.2013
    yeah, but it makes more sense to have instead of pearls, ithink
    N86zu.gifHelpU6GoA.gifUsWd89a.gifHatch!h4c03.gif
  • okumaru manokumaru man Posts: 33
    edited 03.10.2013
    how about you call it "rulers of the sea"
    do not run from me or I won't do anything X(
  • King SiddhantKing Siddhant Posts: 146
    edited 04.10.2013
    great idea
    Server:[email protected]
    Name: King Siddhant
    Level: 46
    Proud Leader of Kings Dynesty
  • edited 04.10.2013
    Even though I'm a level 32 i like this idea. Maybe you could make sea raiders who will sometimes attack your castle or trade with it. You could make these raiders visible when they come within a certain distance from your castle (extended by watch tower) but even though they're in your view they sometimes won't attack you but attack someone else who has the resource they want. Of course you could attack them to take back the resources plus some from other people. Loot could also increase due to the ship type. Also, you could add a weekly season change to increase the likely hood of certain whether.
  • fazza27fazza27 Posts: 384
    edited 08.10.2013
    I liked the idea of season changes that affect weather. I have a couple of issues though...

Firstly-top players like their food production to be constant so they know how many troops they can have. Although this is not necessarily a problem-they will have to adapt-some people wont like it.

Secondly-the other kingdoms do not really introduce any major game aspects (the have a new resource, troops etc but no big change the others do not have an equivalent of) The weather might be too much of a change... What do you guys think????
    fazza27 @ en 1 Non-Ruby-Buyer

If you are complaining about ruby advantages, remember who funds the game for you...

What do you guys think about a new kingdom...
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?74066-New-Kindom-Sharktooth-Isles
    edited 10.10.2013
    I think it is a n awesome idea, jst need some finetuning and an admin to make it happen
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 10.10.2013
    I think it is a n awesome idea, jst need some finetuning and an admin to make it happen

Well, it would take a little more than that.... ;) "Seasonal weather" would introduce another layer of complexity to the running of the server. You can pretty much bet against such things, across the board.
  • edited 14.10.2013
    DemonSage wrote: »
    Let's begin with saying that I think there should be another kingdom for Lvl. 65 players and it should be water themed.maybe 60+??/ I like the water theme :) It's name is The Shark-tooth Isles, and symbol is the shark.holding /wearing something maybe? make it unique.not just a plain shark It would Cost 300k wood, 300k stone, 20k Food, and 200k coins to fund the expedition to the kingdom.500k coins? 100k food? and maybe 5k rubies? Each player will have his/her castle on an island, just enough land to have a castle and will be given 24 hours to build up their castle. The New Kingdom will be surrounded by the vast ocean and it is situated southeast of Fire Peaks(where the second to largest big cloud is).nice imagination :)

This new kingdom is meant for the strongest of players. Food Production is limited to 1 plant, RV's are very limited (though they're good),2 plants? and what percentage do the rv increase? and NPC's are very tough to beat. There are two types of NPC's : Pirate Lair and Pirate Fortress. NPC's will be using mainly seven types of units:
    Militia; 8 MCP, 27 DAMS and 24 DARS.
    Boarder; 109 MCP, 135 DAMS, 45 DARS, 20 LC, 24 M, and 4 FC.
    Sail Ripper; 92 RPC, 51 DAMS, 125 DARS, 20 LC, 28 M, and 4 FC.
    Saber Hooks; 154 MCP, 33 DAMS, 34 DARS, 80 LC, 30 M, and 5 FC.
    Barbed-Harpooner; 147 RCP, 57 DAMS, 55 DARS, 80 LC, 35 M, and 5 FC.
    Tentacle; 109 RCP, 135 DAMS, and 45 DARS.
    Kraken Head; 92 MCP, 51 DAMS and 125 DARS. should be a bit stronger

Now here are some unique features about this kingdom:
    NEW FEATURE!
    Weather; this has a variety of uses, both good and bad. Rain is one weather that can increase food production by 10%-80% for 1-12 hours. Storms are another type of weather that can slow down all travel speed by 10% and could possibly damage an attacking army.good thinking Tidal Waves are just opposite of storms and can slow building time by 10% and possibly damage a defending army. Lightning is the last weather, and it can strike one building in your castle and put it on fire. It also has a 0.01% chance of completely destroying it.ruby buildings included? Frequency: 1-21 times a week.wow.1-10 should be enough
    NEW BUILDINGS!
    Oyster Monger???; a building that can produce pearls??? Pearls are Shark-tooth Isles special resource that cannot be traded, but can be plundered from Castle's and NPC's. It can be used to buy Decorative Items, Units, Tools, as well as Unique Equipment from the native village (just like in all the other kingdoms). Next, Pearl Preserve; a building that boosts the productivity of all Oyster mongers in the castle by 10% (Lvl.1), 20% (Lvl.2), and 30% (Lvl.3)???good.what about the resource cost?
    Harbor; Stables and Horses will be replaced with the Harbor and Ships (due to the inability that horses cannot ride across water). The Harbor has three transport options: Merchant Ships, War Galleys, and Triremes. Merchant Ships give a 10% boost in travel speed and market barrow capacity if you send resources to an alliance member or a friend, so its not completely useless. If you don't choose any of these transportation options your soldiers will just have to swim across the biting-cold ocean (don't be surprised if they start to rebel, :D).
    Weather Caster; this building will allow you to see the entire days weather forecast and their times, but this will cost 6,000 rubies to build and 12,000 rubies to upgrade. Lvl.1, 50% accuracy and Lvl.2 100% accuracy.level 2 75%. so players never know the 100% right amount and must take risks
    Lightning Rod; lightning bolts will only hit this pole and will leave all other buildings unharmed, Cost: 750 Rubies.
    NEW NATIVE VILLAGE!who are the people?

*Legend:
    MCP, Melee Combat Power.
    RCP, Ranged Combat Power.
    DAMS, Defense Against Melee Soldiers.
    DARS, Defense Against Ranged Soldiers.
    LC, Looting Capacity.
    M, Movement.
    FC, Food Consumption.

Note: The new edits will be in BOLD
    Regards, Sage

hope this helps. new bold is from me
    edited 16.10.2013
    still think fish instead of pearls
  • edited 16.10.2013
    pearls are more valuable
    edited 16.10.2013
    maybe pearls become supplementary rubies?
  • fazza27fazza27 Posts: 384
    edited 17.10.2013
    NO peals have the elite sense, whereas fish is just something that you can eat, but goes mouldy and smells bad. All the other things are commmodities, not supplementary food stuffs.

And I really don't like the idea of supplementary rubies (ery unclear what you mean) Are they bought with really money, have similar properties????

In summary, it should definitely be pearls...
    fazza27 @ en 1 Non-Ruby-Buyer

If you are complaining about ruby advantages, remember who funds the game for you...

What do you guys think about a new kingdom...
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?74066-New-Kindom-Sharktooth-Isles
    edited 17.10.2013
    there, i put up a new edit. it focuses on mainly the storyline this time but i made some changes to other stuff. i hope you guys liked it :)
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 17.10.2013
    wont happen, 3 are enough lands
  • ThiefLord4ThiefLord4 Posts: 166
    edited 18.10.2013
    I think it would be nice because I am still level 10-20 and I really would love my adventures to continue at a fast rate. So for example when I reach this new event there will be a new cap probably at 90 or something. Then I would be able to just keep leveling up while updates are coming in. So this wouldn't be a bad idea just the theme shark tooth isles seems pretty boring.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKsuRlF1XDf7cS2emZLbqfMu2DYYCHKRo-99JB2okEutX3mKA_sA
    Well another day in the castle of the Great Empire.
    Need to contact me? I will mostly reply to you on the actual game. USA1 ThiefLord
  • SnyperSnyper Posts: 4
    edited 18.10.2013
    I like the idea. If they do put it up, it would be great when i finally reach the level it takes to go there. Nice details also. I was able to picture what you wrote in my head. I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't care about that, but that is your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leader of the Alliance:Rogue Wolves
    Snyper @ usa 1
    ===}:::::::::::::>
  • bte234bte234 Posts: 200
    edited 19.10.2013
    DemonSage wrote: »
    Let's begin with saying that I think there should be another kingdom for Level 65 players and it should be water themed. It's name is The Shark-tooth Isles, and symbol is a shark wearing a crown, with a devilish smile. A Messenger appears in front of your castle with a message from the travelling merchant. He says: Oh, Great Lord of this grand castle, my master requests your help. Two month ago, my master sent four shipments of mystery boxes from The Burning Sands to a client located in Fire Peaks, but alas! The crew, cargo, and ships disappeared entirely, never to have returned. Not only has he lost all his precious merchandise but also a very gullible, Err... Sorry I meant a very "Valuable" Customer. At first, my master was very distraught at the news, but after due time he waved it off as a tragic misfortune. That is until he sent another shipment of mystery boxes from Ever Winter Glacier to Fire Peaks three week ago. After some time, my master feared the same fate that befell the previous shipments had recurred, but 4 days ago, a damaged ship landed on the rocky coastline of Fire Peaks. Nearby villagers happened to come across it and immediately reported it to their chief. The chief issued a command to have the ship searched. The investigators were absolutely horrified at what they saw: the entire crew slaughtered, blood stained everywhere, and a tiger shark in the cargo bay. Then one of the investigators found a person hiding in a barrel who was still alive muttering something to himself. They took him to the village chief, and asked what to do with him. The chief asked what is his name, where he came from, and what happened in that ship. He said he doesn't remember anything and he would like to be left alone. The chief asked if he knew ANYTHING, and the man responded by saying, "BEWARE THE SHARK... FEAR ITS POWER..." and fell into a coma. The story is to be continued. It would Cost 300k wood, 300k stone, 20k Food, and 200k coins to fund the expedition to the kingdom. Each player will have his/her castle on an island, just enough land to have a castle and will be given 24 hours to build up their castle. The New Kingdom will be surrounded by the vast ocean and it is situated southeast of Fire Peaks(where the second to largest big cloud is).

This new kingdom is meant for the strongest of players. Food Production is limited to 1 plant, RV's are very limited (though they're good), and NPC's are very tough to beat. There are two types of NPC's : Pirate Lair and Pirate Fortress. NPC's will be using mainly 8 types of units:
    Militia; 8 MCP, 27 DAMS and 24 DARS.
    Boarder; 109 MCP, 135 DAMS, 45 DARS, 20 LC, 24 M, and 4 FC.
    Sail Ripper; 92 RPC, 51 DAMS, 125 DARS, 20 LC, 28 M, and 4 FC.
    Saber Hooks; 154 MCP, 33 DAMS, 34 DARS, 80 LC, 30 M, and 5 FC.
    Barbed-Harpooner; 147 RCP, 57 DAMS, 55 DARS, 80 LC, 35 M, and 5 FC.
    Kraken Head; 92 MCP, 51 DAMS and 125 DARS.
    Tentacle; 109 RCP, 135 DAMS, and 45 DARS.
    Shark Warrior: 162 MCP, 150 DAMS, 139 DARS, 10 LC, 40 M, 6 FC.

Now here are some unique features about this kingdom:
    NEW FEATURE!
    Weather; this has a variety of uses, both good and bad. Rain is one weather that can increase food production by 10%-100% for 1-24 hours. Storms are another type of weather that can slow down all travel speed by 10% and could possibly damage an attacking army. Tidal Waves are just opposite of storms and can slow building time by 10% and possibly damage a defending army. Lightning is the last weather, and it can strike one building in your castle and put it on fire. It also has a 0.01% chance of completely destroying it (even ruby buildings). Frequency: 1-21 times a week.
    NEW BUILDINGS!
    Oyster Monger; a building that can produce pearls. Pearls are Shark-tooth Isles special resource that cannot be traded, but can be plundered from Castle's and NPC's. It can be used to buy Decorative Items, Units, Tools, as well as Unique Equipment from the native village (just like in all the other kingdoms). Next, Pearl Preserve; a building that boosts the productivity of all Oyster mongers in the castle by 10% (Lvl.1), 20% (Lvl.2), and 30% (Lvl.3).
    Harbor; Stables and Horses will be replaced with the Harbor and Ships (due to the inability that horses cannot ride across water). The Harbor has three transport options: Merchant Ships, War Galleys, and Triremes. Merchant Ships give a 10% boost in travel speed and market barrow capacity if you send resources to an alliance member or a friend, so its not completely useless. If you don't choose any of these transportation options your soldiers will just have to swim across the biting-cold ocean (don't be surprised if they start to rebel, :D).
    Weather Caster; this building will allow you to see the entire days weather forecast and their times, but this will cost 6,000 rubies to build and 12,000 rubies to upgrade. Lvl.1, 50% accuracy and Lvl.2 100% accuracy.
    Lightning Rod; lightning bolts will only hit this pole and will leave all other buildings unharmed, BUT it will be demolished after being struck by Lightning bolts 50 times (Forcing you to buy this several times). Cost: 750 Rubies.
    NEW NATIVE VILLAGE!
    Coming soon

*Legend:
    MCP, Melee Combat Power.
    RCP, Ranged Combat Power.
    DAMS, Defense Against Melee Soldiers.
    DARS, Defense Against Ranged Soldiers.
    LC, Looting Capacity.
    M, Movement.
    FC, Food Consumption.

Note: The new edits will be in BOLD
    Regards, Sage

Do you realize that the second biggest cloud is where the berimond took place? This is a really good suggestion though :)
    At last I have had a signature.... And an event suggestion too :) If you have time, then check it out :D
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?84553-New-event

p/s: This signature is not for advertisment :p
    edited 19.10.2013
    bte234 wrote: »
    Do you realize that the second biggest cloud is where the berimond took place? This is a really good suggestion though :)

Uh... No, berimond is covered by the biggest cloud on the world map. I think you have confused it with something else :/
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KillmemaybeKillmemaybe Posts: 16
    edited 27.10.2013
    I believe that there should be something to boost food production, but costs many pearls. Then, further upgrades would require rubies and pearls.
    Good idea though. Also, there should be a maelstrom condition.
    Killmemaybe, proud member of Evil Souls, part of the Legion of the Free family.

Ex-trubloodyblade6
    Ex-War Mongol.
    Ex-member of the "Kigdom Kings" alliance.

11.jpg
Sign In to comment.