We need new Moderators!
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.
If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE
1. How do you get a capitol?
There are two ways. 1 - get lucky or smart and be right on top of a new capitol when it spawns. 2. - be a strong member of an alliance with a capitol and have them decide it would be best if you held the capitol. That's how I came to hold the HIVE capitol. Hopefully HIVE made a good decision with this . . .
2. What does the capitol do?
There are two primary effects to holding the capitol. The most important is psychological, and that is that your alliance is powerful enough to hold one. Then 2nd impact is that EVERY member of your alliance, regardless of glory ranking, can recruit both offensive and defensive Kingsguards. I personally think the defensive KGs don't make that much of a difference. The offensive ones are substantially more powerful, but you can recruit them without a capitol by achieving "terrible" rank. For comparison, here are the primary KG statistics vs. equivalent vet troops:
KG melee offense: 132
vet melee offense: 118
KG ranged offense: 121
vet ranged offense: 98 (!)
KG melee defense: 150
vet melee defense: 142
KG ranged defense: 139
vet ranged defense: 132
3. What is it like to hold a capitol?
Well, it's really cool to have done something that very few people in the game ever do. That being said, there is upside and downside:
1. Upside - You have an extra location at which you can recruit troops and build tools. The capitol cannot produce resources however (other than food), so you have to ship in wood/stone for anything you want to do.
2. Downside - Many. In war, the cap will be constantly sabo'ed. You have to repair the damage. Also, you must be prepared with a very large stock of armorer tools in case of a serious assault. And you must have very good equipment to stop such assaults.
3. Downside - this is the one that annoys me more than anything. All support from your alliance mates stationed on the capitol shows up FIRST in your travel list. So if there is an incoming you have to click down through 20 pages of stationed defense to get to whatever is actually going on.
Hope folks find this informative. Good luck to all! and
WildBill2 @ usa 1