Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!


Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!


Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.


And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.


So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Honor, Glory, Attack regulations, level protections

Gaz The BossGaz The Boss Posts: 521
Honor/Glory

The current system is completely useless, as it is very easy to manipulate also have nothing to do with the meaning of these words.

At the moment, every battle is glorious where you can earn honor. If u are a lvl60 with 0 honor(which has no negative effect on you) it means you can attack anybody you like and you will recieve glory therefore you can easily get the terrible rank to recruit kingsguards by attacking players half your level. Also you are protected from higher levels attacking you who play correct, as they cannot get any glory so they gonna lose their ranks and therefor their kingsguards troops, which will drive them away to hit you, you can have 3000 defenders in your castle nobody will be able to get glory from you.

3 examples:
Lvl60 with 0 honor attacks lvl30 with 300 honor, YES GLORY
Lvl30 with 1000 honor attacks lvl40 with 200 honor, NO GLORY
lvl60 with 1500 honor attacks lvl60 with 0 honor, NO GLORY

Hope even the blindest noob can see something wrong with this.

You SHOULD GET glory from anybody who is the same or above level like you, as that means you opponent has exactly the same buildings and kingdoms available and this makes a battle glorious.

Lets see how even the playing field when a lvl60 attacks a lvl30.

lvl60 has all the buildings all the research and all the troops available.

lvl30: No lvl4bakery(maybe not even lvl3), No lvl9 farmhouse, no researches, no veterans, no moat, he doesnt even allowed to have maximum castle extension, No parks, no festival squares, so he cannot even have a great PO.


For GGS this is can be a glorious battle


Suggestions:

-U should get glory from anybody who is the same or above level as you, just like in real life, heavyweight boxers allowed to match other heavyweights, not paperweights

-Attacking lower levels unprovoked would result 4% less loot/fires/glory for every level difference under lvl52 (this is important, as if the small player send sabotage or attacks on higher levels would result losing this protection for a week)
example:
a lvl60 attacking a lvl30 would mean he can take (52-30)*4= 88% less loot
a lvl40 attacking a lvl20 would mean he can take (40-20)*4= 80% less loot

This would stop people farming and gloryhunting players half their levels, but wont disturb top levels killing each others, and the lower levels who tries their luck on higher levels can also be retaliated.

-set a new minimum limit a castle can be attacked with(this current 26 soldiers for a lvl52 player is a complete joke, as you cannot cause any harm with that so that cap is a lol) this limit should be the equivalent of 1 wave of soldiers, so for lvl52 and above will be 260, that is more likely can be called an army

-Spies success rate should be between 0-100%, not 5-95%

guardhouses at the moment are completely useless, and the more u have, the more likely u will be spied 20*1 spy with 5% success rate, so your enemy will almost certainly get at least one 100% espionage while you will get 19spam message in your mailbox. So you can have 30 lvl4 guardhouses with 5 research on guards, someone send his spies on you 20*1 he will almost surely gets the info, which is also a joke.

rebalance the glory points depenging on troops strenght
to keep it simple, any soldiers consuming 4 or more foods would give u the same glory points like now, so it wouldnt affect anybody over lvl26 who play as they should.
For killing maceman and crossbowman would give u 0.5 glory points
Spearman, bowman, swordsman 1 points, archer 2 points.

Glory banners to be limited to 100/attack

These updates would make no difference for everyday users, but these would:

-prevent newbies being bullied out of the game before being able to experience the brighter side of it /more players more paying customers more money for developers/
-prevent higher levels being spam attacked by multiaccounters who use lvl8 castles move around their enemies and sending 26 men armies to annoy them without getting punished(a 260 attack limit for lvl52 and above would definetely stop this)
-make guardhouses really valuable buildings, also prevent people being spammed by 20*1men spy mission those will get the information regardless the amount of guardhouses or research
-stop people using maceman or other low level troops to win the Tournament(in the last 2 tournament over 80% of all top3 in all servers used it to get the statue, which is a really bad thing) /big spenders didnt even compete as they had no chance winnig which means less money for developers
-stop people using friends to keep themselves "terrible" by cross attack each others once a week with 400 banners using maceman for defence /no ruby spent on real attacks, no money for developers/
-make lvl vs lvl battles glorious as they have the same buildings, kingdoms, troops, etc...

Better for players, better for developers
Gaz The Boss @ en 1
Post edited by Gaz The Boss on

Comments

  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 09.02.2013
    I completely agree with what's been said here... I mean, it's a lot for the developers to work with, but Gaz has got several good points. I especially with the manipulating of glory to remain 'terrible', or to with The Great Tournaments, using hundreds of banners and macemen.

    Another thing that is stupid, which relates to Gaz's post in terms of higher levels attacking much lower levels, is how a level 13 cannot attack a level 7, but a level 60 can attack a level 30 (or lower!) without the 'your level difference is too great' stopping them. This doesn't really make sense.

    Sam
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • edited 09.02.2013
    Sam4 wrote: »
    I completely agree with what's been said here... I mean, it's a lot for the developers to work with, but Gaz has got several good points. I especially with the manipulating of glory to remain 'terrible', or to with The Great Tournaments, using hundreds of banners and macemen.

    Another thing that is stupid, which relates to Gaz's post in terms of higher levels attacking much lower levels, is how a level 13 cannot attack a level 7, but a level 60 can attack a level 30 (or lower!) without the 'your level difference is too great' stopping them. This doesn't really make sense.

    Sam

    Sam, They allow levels 60 to attack level sixty, because they have the barracks level four, so really there's no disadvantages, just in economy not military. I thought about it, at that seems the most reasonable explanation. Except the moat protection, thats hard to beat :)
  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 10.02.2013
    America99 wrote: »
    Sam, They allow levels 60 to attack level sixty, because they have the barracks level four, so really there's no disadvantages, just in economy not military. I thought about it, at that seems the most reasonable explanation. Except the moat protection, thats hard to beat :)

    I didn't say that, I said a level 60 attacking a level 30 :P But yes your point still stands. However a level 30 does not have access to the veteran troops that a level 60 has - showing therefore there are indeed disadvantages in military... as well as economy :S
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • edited 10.02.2013
    Sam4 wrote: »
    I didn't say that, I said a level 60 attacking a level 30 :P But yes your point still stands. However a level 30 does not have access to the veteran troops that a level 60 has - showing therefore there are indeed disadvantages in military... as well as economy :S

    I know I was giving an example. And good point, I have no knowledge of veteran troops, could you tell me how to get them and how many resources they cost to upgrade. and how do you get the palace, All I heard were false rumors....And I asked someone that had a palace, but they never responded ;(

    Off topic :D Who's gonna win the one on the left or the one on the right?

    8o X(
  • jaze4jaze4 Posts: 48
    edited 06.07.2013
    All these ideas are great!
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    [IMG]http:[/img]
    4.jpg
  • mohib55mohib55 Posts: 140
    edited 06.07.2013
    Completely agree with your basic principles!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Be normal and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged and they will make you their leader.

    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

    Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder
  • mohib55mohib55 Posts: 140
    edited 08.07.2013
    @ Paul- lol nice triple post.

    1) Honor gain is based on the honor difference between the opponent and yourself, so if you are lvl60 and attack a lvl30 who has similar honor to you, you will gain honor and resultingly gain glory. This is what the thread maker is saying is unfair.

    2) You're entitled to your own opinion but not sure voicing it on this thread is exactly neccessary or relevant and I really couldn't care what you think about me.

    3) see "1)"

    4) probably because I am not on the same server as you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Be normal and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged and they will make you their leader.

    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

    Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 08.07.2013
    paul3448 wrote: »
    Your glory points go up when u attack someone who has a higher level then u.
    Sample I Attack i castle that's a level 24 i'm a Level 13 if i won i wold get lots f glory points.
    But if a lossed i wouldn't.

    That is not entirely true. You can attack someone of a higher level and get no glory points at all.

    You can also gain lots of glory from losing an attack.

    Firstly, you need to find out if glory is available from a target, you can check this when you click the attack button, it will tell you what percentage of the maximum glory you can obtain, this percentage is based on your own standing in the honour rankings.

    Secondly, the amount of glory you gain form an attack is based on how many troops you kill in the battle and their strength.
    It's been a while.....



  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 10.07.2013
    Very good points here... I agree with most of them.
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

    The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.07.2013
    paul3448 wrote: »
    What posts so u not agree with
    These two:
    "Attacking lower levels unprovoked would result 4% less loot/fires/glory for every level difference under lvl52 (this is important, as if the small player send sabotage or attacks on higher levels would result losing this protection for a week)
    example:
    a lvl60 attacking a lvl30 would mean he can take (52-30)*4= 88% less loot
    a lvl40 attacking a lvl20 would mean he can take (40-20)*4= 80% less loot

    This would stop people farming and gloryhunting players half their levels, but wont disturb top levels killing each others, and the lower levels who tries their luck on higher levels can also be retaliated."
    "Glory banners to be limited to 100/attack"
    And I don't really get this one:
    "-stop people using maceman or other low level troops to win the Tournament(in the last 2 tournament over 80% of all top3 in all servers used it to get the statue, which is a really bad thing) /big spenders didnt even compete as they had no chance winnig which means less money for developers"
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

    The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • royal1royal1 Posts: 186
    edited 11.07.2013
    I also would like the idea of if you catch an enemy spy, you could interrogate him, he could either tell you the numbers of the guy who sent the spy or lie and tell you false numbers, this would add a second thought to people sending 20*1 spies in the first place
    royal1 @usa1, proud Recruiter of LegionOfTheFree.

    http://LegionOfTheFree.com/
  • edited 07.10.2013
    Total newbie here!! Sorry! I noticed that some castles are protected from attack for a period of time (days). Why? How does this happen and is it something I can make happen for my castle? Thanks!
  • Labib62Labib62 Posts: 151
    edited 07.10.2013
    Golden3000 wrote: »
    Total newbie here!! Sorry! I noticed that some castles are protected from attack for a period of time (days). Why? How does this happen and is it something I can make happen for my castle? Thanks!
    When you first make an account you get 7 day protection.,
    Labib6 @ usa 1[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file