Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Using protection mode to lock in spot on the ranking boards.

Adog420Adog420 Posts: 34
Anyone or alliance that is in protection mode should not show up on the ranking boards at all until they are out of protection mode.

This is kind of ridiculas that the rankings spots are filled with people that dont even play the game just log on to continue thier protection mode. This has been abused long enough and time for it to be fixed please :)
Post edited by Adog420 on
Adog420 @ usa 1

Comments

• Mickey5612 (US1)Mickey5612 (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 08.07.2013
    you beat me to it adog420. It is total crap that a 1, 2 or 3 man alliance like Sugardaddy and the Warhoards can rest at the top of the rankings by just purchasing protection. There are plenty of alliances that are active everyday with nearly 60 members - who work hard to keep their average up to remain on top.

GGE should not include these alliances in the ranking that sit inactive for periods of time with only a couple players.
    This makes the ranking pretty much a joke and not a reason to continue to vie for the top. Why post rankings that are skewed towards wusses that whine ad cry about being attacked. Isn't that what this game is all about?

Create a rankings for these sissies where they can sit on top all they want - but not in the general rankings. When you divided the rankings by levels - that was a good thing. take it one step further.
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
  • Colt442Colt442 Posts: 2,168
    edited 08.07.2013
    Not a bad idea
    20a6j54.gif
    edited 08.07.2013
    BTW. Should any of the mentioned offenders find this offensive, I'm not going anywhere:)
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
  • daniel freeddaniel freed Posts: 135
    edited 08.07.2013
    No doubt we will hear the usual excuses about how difficult it would be to code ect ect ect
    daniel freed @ en 1

To be the best, you must beat the best
  • Whale SharkWhale Shark Posts: 835
    edited 08.07.2013
    yeah i agree with adog. they are just sitting at the top of the alliance rankings by sitting there on protection when alliances such as hive and misc work hard to get to the top. they should not be on the rankings at all.

btw the lazy alliances at the top are superdaddy and warlords, not sugardaddy and warhordes
    Whale Shark @ usa1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#TheDreamLivesOn
    JJ-5792 wrote: »
    hopefully you will be as inspirational as the late KasYOLO.
  • TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 08.07.2013
    I'm inclined to agree.
    It seems a bit superficial and pointless to Quickly grab honor and then go into protection for weeks on end.
    If someone is in protection they should be hidden from view.

It shouldn't be too hard to code either. Some form of CASE or SWITCH statement should be sufficient.
    Terriah @ en 1
    edited 08.07.2013
    i agree with terriah. if you are all that then you will win 2500 honor and welcome all attacks.

the entire 2 man alliance superdaddy which is #1 on the alliance rankings is on protection. warlords are second on the rankings with 3 people and are also all on protection. if these alliances were really the best and second best, than they would stay off protection and expose their honor to the public.

the only time you should go on protection is if you are away for a while or you got kicked out of an alliance that then bullies you to the ground.
    Whale Shark @ usa1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#TheDreamLivesOn
    edited 08.07.2013
    didn't get my play on words, eh. Yea it's superdaddy and warlords. But I like Sugardaddy and Warhoards better. Fits them much better, don't you think?
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
    edited 08.07.2013
    If they can't code them out of the rankings, let them lose honor at a much accelerated rate - since they are being dishonorable. Maybe 20% per day instead of 2 %.
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 08.07.2013
    Mpinto55 wrote: »
    If they can't code them out of the rankings, let them lose honor at a much accelerated rate - since they are being dishonorable. Maybe 20% per day instead of 2 %.

The 2% is for glory...
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • lordsaruman (US1)lordsaruman (US1) US1 Posts: 926
    edited 08.07.2013

It would require a lot of work but it could possibly happen. What I think should happen is that if there is an alliance that has 10 membership slots or less and if at least half of the members are under protection then their alliance will not show on the leaderboard.

Also this is a war game, so there is no such thing as dishonor.
    Lordsaruman int'1 former US1 member

Big bad scary war marshall of Pirates LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowSlayer (US1)ShadowSlayer (US1) Posts: 525
    edited 08.07.2013
    Agreed. (10 Characters)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShadowSlayer, leader of Dark Conquerors, usa1.

"We are Conquerors shrouded in Darkness, whose hands are stained with the Blood from our adversaries. Whenever an enemy issues a challenge we march forth, fighting a war as we carve a path of death and misery into this land with our devastating weapons and strategy. We walk on a path, bringing doom to our enemies and power and fortune to our allies. We are Dark Conquerors."
    edited 09.07.2013
    building honor and then hiding behind protection that you purchase is indeed DIShonorable. Yea it is a war game, so hiding from battles is pretty much an act of cowardice.
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
    edited 09.07.2013
    the real top alliances are:

#1: Prime Legends
    #2: H.I.V.E
    #3: Neph9 United
    #4:The Unconformed
    #5: PTR PRIME
    Whale Shark @ usa1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • RulerAsdasdaRulerAsdasda Posts: 434
    edited 09.07.2013
    the real top alliances are:

#1: Prime Legends
    #2: H.I.V.E
    #3: Neph9 United
    #4:The Unconformed
    #5: PTR PRIME
    The misc??????????
    SUUUUUU
    TS
    EE
    RR
    OS
    I
    D
  • TheKnightofAweTheKnightofAwe Posts: 278
    edited 09.07.2013
    The misc??????????

The Misc is at rank 26 they aren't top 5 material no offense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    980 honor Sergeant in Hounds of Hell
    TheKnightofAwe @WWW1 lvl 17 Chevailier 974 honor Member in Lost Troops
    shadowempire.png

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?72319-What-is-the-hardest-video-Game&p=834686#post834686
    Whats your hardest video game? Say it here!

Search and Destroy Pro! Lodestar!
  • christian schristian s Posts: 211
    edited 09.07.2013
    Make a poll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Christian s
    Level 70
    Leader of Storm Cloaks.
    edited 12.07.2013
    Superdaddy's down for the count. That leaves just the Warhordes at the top of the wussy list. They can't stay in protection forever. Everyday in protection brings the attention of another player, another alliance, another player chomping at the bit for a shot at Number Uno.
    Mpinto55 @ usa 1
    edited 12.07.2013
    The misc??????????

the misc are not in the top 5 so no, not the misc.
    building honor and then hiding behind protection that you purchase is indeed DIShonorable. Yea it is a war game, so hiding from battles is pretty much an act of cowardice.

i agree. i have a bunch of honor but you don't see me buying protection.
    The Misc is at rank 26 they aren't top 5 material no offense

i agree
    Superdaddy's down for the count. That leaves just the Warhordes at the top of the wussy list. They can't stay in protection forever. Everyday in protection brings the attention of another player, another alliance, another player chomping at the bit for a shot at Number Uno.

once they get out, prime legends should waste them
    Whale Shark @ usa1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 12.07.2013
    the misc are not in the top 5 so no, not the misc.

i agree. i have a bunch of honor but you don't see me buying protection.

i agree

once they get out, prime legends should waste them

I doubt they will get out anytime soon. It will be a very very long time. They can just extend it more.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file