Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Make Internation 1 Default Server Again!

GhjHeroGhjHero Posts: 1,802
In the past when Goodgame Empire started International 1 was the default server. Gradually other serves were introduced to the game and people began to play on those since they were for their own country. We still had a decent amount of people come to play on Int 1, but gradually our population has been declining as people quit the game for whatever reason and there arent enough people to fill their places. At one point in time our population was as high as 30,000 however it has sunk all the way to 12,528.

This is incredibly obvious if you look at alliances that used to be strong. Ill give you some examples. Invictus was an old strong family that collapsed due to members leaving. Their main alliance is able to hold as many as 49 members, but before they regrouped all their players into it, they only had about 25 players. HW KnightsofNi is another example. It can hold 33 players and did up until recently, but they now only have 13. FF Elite can hold 43 players, but now only holds 24. If this keeps us then the remaining players will be playing on a ghost server. It will be impossible to start a new alliance and grow strong for newer players, all the players will already have an alliance.

It is obviously a not a matter of people, USA server has 60,000 players. So heres what i propose; for a month (or more) at least International 1 should be made the default serve again. It should be enough to restore the population of International 1.
Post edited by GhjHero on
ALWAYS A MEMBER OF PARADISE
#TheDreamLivesOn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions!!!!!

Comments

• edited 20.06.2013
    Sounds smart
  • Captain BilboCaptain Bilbo Posts: 142
    edited 20.06.2013
    makes sense
    JOIN INTERNATIONAL 1!
    I eat robber barons for breakfast,
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <
    Thats me!
  • Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 20.06.2013
    GhjHero wrote: »
    In the past when Goodgame Empire started International 1 was the default server. Gradually other serves were introduced to the game and people began to play on those since they were for their own country. We still had a decent amount of people come to play on Int 1, but gradually our population has been declining as people quit the game for whatever reason and there arent enough people to fill their places. At one point in time our population was as high as 30,000 however it has sunk all the way to 12,528.

This is incredibly obvious if you look at alliances that used to be strong. Ill give you some examples. Invictus was an old strong family that collapsed due to members leaving. Their main alliance is able to hold as many as 49 members, but before they regrouped all their players into it, they only had about 25 players. HW KnightsofNi is another example. It can hold 33 players and did up until recently, but they now only have 13. FF Elite can hold 43 players, but now only holds 24. If this keeps us then the remaining players will be playing on a ghost server. It will be impossible to start a new alliance and grow strong for newer players, all the players will already have an alliance.

It is obviously a not a matter of people, USA server has 60,000 players. So heres what i propose; for a month (or more) at least International 1 should be made the default serve again. It should be enough to restore the population of International 1.

Agreed. Int2 default would not be that bad either. USA1 already has 60,000 players. Other country based servers are thriving too, whereas int1 is dying.
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • Jamie WhiteJamie White Posts: 471
    edited 20.06.2013
    yeah usa 1s strong alliances have like 65 players (HIVE, for one), so I agree. I think it should rotate like so:
    jan.-int.1 feb.-int.2 mar.-usa1
    this will be a neverending cycle, although adjustable depending on server populations.
    Proud Friend of Hanzolo/Molson Beer

Nob pls.

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • GhjHeroGhjHero Posts: 1,802
    edited 20.06.2013
    yeah usa 1s strong alliances have like 65 players (HIVE, for one), so I agree. I think it should rotate like so:
    jan.-int.1 feb.-int.2 mar.-usa1
    this will be a neverending cycle, although adjustable depending on server populations.
    A cycle for those servers that need it is an interesting idea. That way no one serve ever becomes depopulated.
    ALWAYS A MEMBER OF PARADISE
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions!!!!!
  • marco37marco37 Posts: 778
    edited 23.06.2013
    could not agreed more. Int1 server is down to 12,000 members. Was before 30,000. Hard time to get alliances full.
    Proud Member of Hells Warriors (International 1)

General in HW-Elite

http://hells-warriors-empir.forumieren.com/forum
    edited 23.06.2013
    but on the other hand, maybe we should merge 2 server? int1 with usa for example?

General in HW-Elite

• contrilioncontrilion Posts: 328
    edited 23.06.2013
    yeah this is a great idea int1's population is lower that 4000 now we need to be default again before there are no more players left the uc hb war might be the last major war if int1 isnt made the default server again
    contrilion @ WWW 1
    level 70 legend
    HADES DAWN!
    HELL BOYS!!!

18-hades.jpg
  • AkustoAkusto Posts: 259
    edited 23.06.2013
    marco37 wrote: »
    but on the other hand, maybe we should merge 2 server? int1 with usa for example?

what happens to people that have 2 accounts, one on each server?
    USA1 lvl 57 and counting

Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays.
    edited 23.06.2013
    merging servers would be very hard it would be way too buggy to attempt it
    contrilion @ WWW 1
    level 70 legend
    HADES DAWN!
    HELL BOYS!!!

18-hades.jpg
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 23.06.2013

Don't double post, just edit it. Also, like akusto said, what would happen to people with 2 accounts with one in each server? Banned for "multi-accounting"? Let them be?
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • Danger1602Danger1602 Posts: 633
    edited 23.06.2013
    yes please do this or merge the two international servers
    Danger1602 World 1
    I am part of the BLACK HAWKS family in the mother alliance attack us or me and you will feel our TALONS
    bow down to BLACK HAWKS
    here is our website http://blackhawksfamilyagoodgameempirefamilyofalliancesininternational.yolasite.com/ and contact us here http://blackhawksfamily.freeforums.org/index.php at our forum
    I am smart strong and stealthy
    I LOVE TURTLES
    check out my youtube videos our best one is the life of cheif the tortoise

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]thought to be slow but fast
  • Mighty KenzoMighty Kenzo Posts: 136
    edited 23.06.2013
    yes a good idea to merge international 1 and 2
    Mighty Kenzo @ WWW 2( Leader of the LAST LEGIONAIRE)

World War 2 will be fought with guns and nuclear weapons but World War 4 will be fought with Wood and stone.

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
    edited 23.06.2013
    Int1 is down to round 12,000 (EUROPE 12.000) members, i don't know how int2 is, but with this kind of numbers you got high level players (round 3,800 / 3.800 players) and low level players (< level 20) round 4,000 / 4.000 players middle is round 4,000/4.000 so int1 is getting a bit low on players right now. It is very hard to get new players to you alliances and soon int1 will be dead just because of the less players.

GGS have to do something about it. Make Int1 default server or let them swith between server. Merge both server.
    But the need to act now!
    And for the double players on both server, well if the merge we can find something to solve this problem.
    Maybe GGS can merge the servers, but not real merg it, but just add map of int1 to int2 for example. Then you still got to play on you normal server, but the people aren't real merge. Their is a threath going on with a proposal like this.

General in HW-Elite

• GalacticiaGalacticia Posts: 141
    edited 23.06.2013
    Honestly, I don't see the logic in having a national server as the default one when you have international servers. Is American glorificationism infecting the minds of GGS too now? O_o
    Galacticia @ WWW 1
    edited 23.06.2013
    international 1 has less than 4000 players!
    contrilion @ WWW 1
    level 70 legend
    HADES DAWN!
    HELL BOYS!!!

18-hades.jpg
  • Mighty KenzoMighty Kenzo Posts: 136
    edited 23.06.2013
    ineternational 2 has 21143
    Mighty Kenzo @ WWW 2( Leader of the LAST LEGIONAIRE)

World War 2 will be fought with guns and nuclear weapons but World War 4 will be fought with Wood and stone.

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
  • aratosaratos Posts: 4
    edited 23.06.2013
    I really would like to merge with International1. When Int1 was default, we had too less number of players. The same story with Int1. The merge could give us less problems, more fun and more players. But there should be problem about where to put all the players. Lots of peoples in Int2 have outposts and castles at the same koordinates where Int1 players. There I could make two the same maps, put on them players, and unite them. No other way, but the merge is important if designers don't want to lost players from both servers.
    aratos @ WWW 2
  • derkaderderkader Posts: 765
    edited 23.06.2013
    good idea resonable request dont see why GGE wont do this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • homer272homer272 Posts: 55
    edited 23.06.2013
    It's a good idea to merge int 1 and int 2, but the problem is that all players have their castle in the same coordinates so that would be a problem. U can do that every castle and op get a randomized place and everyone get one free ''move your castle'' from the kings market.
    A person who haven't prepared for something, has often nothing to do

homer27 @ skn 1
This discussion has been closed.