Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Isles of the Blest ( name can be debatable) A NEW KINGDOM!!

Gamma13Gamma13 Posts: 75
Background- There has been a tremendous earthquake and millions of islands have risen from the depths of the oceans. the emperor has ordered you to set sail and conquer this new land.

the reason i made up this idea was because i always wanted there to be ships and stuff in the game and i knew it will be really hard for it to be added to the current great empire. so this was my plan for a new kingdom to be added to the game.

once you reach the you island you do the normal stuff of building you castle with farmhouse, woodcutters, and stone quarries. the special resource being pearls. however the main change will be that you have a selection of harbours and ships instead of the stables, horses and marketplace. they will be split into battle ships and merchant ships.

with the harbours you can build a variety of battle ships so that you can make a proper fleet of ships. there will be a small light vessel which has a high speed and building time but cannot carry many tools or men, a medium size boat, medium amount of tools, soldiers and finally a large ship with space for lots of tools and men but take is expensive and long to make. the battle will be of a similar layout like the ones we have now where soldiers have to go past the walls and into the courtyard.

along the with the usual tool there will be additional ones specially to battle the boats. both sides can create cannons which reduce hull protection and wall protection. the boats can also have harpoons which act like zip lines for the soldiers on boat to use to reduce wall protection. the defense can build craigs/ spikes one the beach to increase defence. as it is an island the sea will act like a moat.

with the outposts and stuff. these will be mini islands that are dotted around the place which will act like the outposts. there robber barons who have their own dark little island. instead of travelling knights you and lost sailors/explorers which sail around. additional soldiers include mercenaries and pirates.

obviously there will the ruby upgrades which you can buy to upgrade the ship watch towers etc.

hope you guys like the idea.
Post edited by Gamma13 on
Gamma13 @ WWW 2

Comments

• vantomalvantomal Posts: 178
    edited 08.06.2013
    I like the idea of robber baron towers and building a castle on the islands and ships and all that. But I think it will be very difficult for GGE to do this. I like the idea and I would love to see it in the game but I doubt it will happen.
    vantomal @ usa 1
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 08.06.2013
    This has unfortunately already happened in the Blade Coast event, but I wasn't a high enough level to participate in it. I love the idea, don't get me wrong. But I doubt GGE will add another kingdom like the event (I wish they would though).
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • Gamma13Gamma13 Posts: 75
    edited 09.06.2013
    oh i wasnt in that event either. but what if this was like a permanent kingdom like the burning sands
    Gamma13 @ WWW 2
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 09.06.2013
    Gamma13 wrote: »
    oh i wasnt in that event either. but what if this was like a permanent kingdom like the burning sands
    Then I would say yes, definitely
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 09.06.2013
    I think that if GGS do decide to add a fifth Kingdom, a sea Kingdom would be the best idea and please a lot of customers.

A couple of things...

Surely Robber Barons would become Pirates? You can attack their secret islands and steal their booty, and they can sail into your harbour and wreak havoc.

Also, would the fighting happen on the decks of the ships, or on dry land? And cold ships fight each other or would they need to reach land before any battles ensued? As troops and tools can be moved between kingdoms, they would need to fit into this new world, as would the current attack and defense systems, or the kingdoms wouldn't be compatible.
    It's been a while.....

edited 09.06.2013
    hi baldrick.
    thinking about it now the robber barons should be the pirates. i dnt think cold ships fighting each other would work easily as it would mean attacks have to be intercepted so they would have to reach land. With the battles the ship would enter the harbour where soldiers would fight on deck and wall of the harbour. if the attackers succeed then the attaker would enter the courtyard. this would mean the fighting is still fairly similar to the other kingdoms.
    With tools, all of the tools from the kingdoms will be compatible to the new world. for example people can still use their ladders and battering rams against the walls and harbour doors. hope that helps
    Gamma13 @ WWW 2
  • edwardromoruleredwardromoruler Posts: 189
    edited 09.06.2013
    This is a bad idea for so many resonces

1. The game play is similar to the blade cost event and thorn king event
    2. The them is like the blade coast event
    3. Why would the emperor ask you to do it when he has his own men
    4. I don't think the canon was avible in midivil Europe
    5. Why make enemies with people you don't know just becaus of a small a eath quack
    6. How can you deaft an empire in one mouth.
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 09.06.2013

5. Why make enemies with people you don't know just becaus of a small a eath quack

1) Take a spelling class
    2) You defeated the kingdom in 1 month in blade coast and thorn king
    3) Hello? The emperor's request quests
    4) Yes
    5) You do that most of the time for honor/glory
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • chinesepineapplchinesepineappl Posts: 207
    edited 09.06.2013
    this is a bad idea for so many resonces

4. I don't think the canon was avible in midivil europe

you suck at grammar and spelling
    No signature
  • chinesepineapplchinesepineappl Posts: 207
    edited 09.06.2013
    Gamma13 wrote: »
    Background- There has been a tremendous earthquake and millions of islands have risen from the depths of the oceans. the emperor has ordered you to set sail and conquer this new land.

the reason i made up this idea was because i always wanted there to be ships and stuff in the game and i knew it will be really hard for it to be added to the current great empire. so this was my plan for a new kingdom to be added to the game.

once you reach the you island you do the normal stuff of building you castle with farmhouse, woodcutters, and stone quarries. the special resource being pearls. however the main change will be that you have a selection of harbours and ships instead of the stables, horses and marketplace. they will be split into battle ships and merchant ships.

with the harbours you can build a variety of battle ships so that you can make a proper fleet of ships. there will be a small light vessel which has a high speed and building time but cannot carry many tools or men, a medium size boat, medium amount of tools, soldiers and finally a large ship with space for lots of tools and men but take is expensive and long to make. the battle will be of a similar layout like the ones we have now where soldiers have to go past the walls and into the courtyard.

along the with the usual tool there will be additional ones specially to battle the boats. both sides can create cannons which reduce hull protection and wall protection. the boats can also have harpoons which act like zip lines for the soldiers on boat to use to reduce wall protection. the defense can build craigs/ spikes one the beach to increase defence. as it is an island the sea will act like a moat.

with the outposts and stuff. these will be mini islands that are dotted around the place which will act like the outposts. there robber barons who have their own dark little island. instead of travelling knights you and lost sailors/explorers which sail around. additional soldiers include mercenaries and pirates.

obviously there will the ruby upgrades which you can buy to upgrade the ship watch towers etc.

hope you guys like the idea.

sounds like Blades Coast. If it's tweaked significantly, it might be pretty good
    No signature
  • vantomalvantomal Posts: 178
    edited 09.06.2013
    To correct a point, cannons were in Medieval Europe? Short answer no, long answer yes. They had the technological capacity to build them yes, monks discovered how to create crude guns but they did not really participate in battle for centuries, so yes they had the technology but no they were not used, Trebuchets would be the terror of seiges for centuries to come.
    vantomal @ usa 1
  • vaino905 (SKN1)vaino905 (SKN1) Posts: 122
    edited 09.06.2013
    How about random change to pirates to attack your ship while your ships are in move?
    And also ability to fight against attacking ship, when it is not in front of your castle. That would create little more challenge.
    vaino905 @ skandinavian 1

Yep, there are no polarbears walking in finland. Did you think so ;( ...

XBOX 1 is a water cooler? Then PS4 is surely a Coffee machine!
    fdp.gif
    ^
    |
    How is this possible?
    Billy962 wrote: »
    I can bump this thread up you know.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 09.06.2013
    I think that although this is under the new events title, I think the idea is that it would be a new kingdom, rather than an event as such, but I may be wrong.

I think as a new kingdom it would work, but as a new event I'm not so sure.

The events we have are a bit boring now that we have completed them several times, The Thorn King and Blades Coast are identical but with different graphics/storyline, but we want something that has new gameplay, not the same old grindy events.

Berimond could be a fantastic event if the bugs were fixed and it wasn't so one sided, but as it is, there's no challenge except feeding your troops. More grind.

As a new kingdom, I really like this idea.
    It's been a while.....

• Royale2Royale2 Posts: 69
    edited 09.06.2013

Reasons is not spelled like resonces
    Count Palatine Royale of the Royales
  • BobbyJawsBobbyJaws Posts: 112
    edited 09.06.2013
    I don't think the canon was avible in midivil Europe
    Actually they used cannons in the Hundred Year's War, they did more harm to the person firing them than to the enemy at first but at the end of the war the French were quite good with cannons
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
    -Bertrand Russell

[email protected]
  • DarkDylan47DarkDylan47 Posts: 759
    edited 09.06.2013
    I like the idea and I always wanted this implanted too.
    Dylan42 @ USA1 THE FRONT LINE8)
    DarkDylan47 @ WWW1 HW KnightsOfNi8)
    HAMMER [email protected] United8)

#TheDreamLivesOn
    Use the search function.
    Support shortcut-http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    Make Canada1 GGE!
    edited 09.06.2013
    I would just like to point out that this is an idea for a new KINGDOM like the burning sands, fire peaks and the everwinter glacier. not an event like the blade coast.
    Gamma13 @ WWW 2
  • derkaderderkader Posts: 765
    edited 09.06.2013
    i love this idea it would give me more to do other than building my fire peaks castle up to standard it could be in the southeastern corner in the ocean i would love this idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danger1602Danger1602 Posts: 633
    edited 09.06.2013
    I like it.........
    Danger1602 World 1
    I am part of the BLACK HAWKS family in the mother alliance attack us or me and you will feel our TALONS
    bow down to BLACK HAWKS
    here is our website http://blackhawksfamilyagoodgameempirefamilyofalliancesininternational.yolasite.com/ and contact us here http://blackhawksfamily.freeforums.org/index.php at our forum
    I am smart strong and stealthy
    I LOVE TURTLES
    check out my youtube videos our best one is the life of cheif the tortoise

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]thought to be slow but fast
    edited 11.06.2013
    we really do need a new kingdom and i think this would be good as sea aspect should should be more challenging
    Gamma13 @ WWW 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file