Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Berimond Needs To Be Changed (or Not)

GleamerGleamer Posts: 166
Berimond is boring the way it's set up. Outcomes are determined within the first few days. And there's no co-operations to defend the factions. It's mainly individuals capturing camps that can't defend themselves.

So let's changed it to something more exciting. Something we'd all want to be a part of from start to finish.

My suggestions:
1) All players will remain anonymous. Only your castle name (in Berimond) will be displayed.

2) There will be no options to select sides. Players will be evenly distributed.

3) There will be 4 instead of 2 factions

4) Scores will be based on points instead of %
- Each faction is assigned a certain number of points, eg. 10,000
- Camps and Watchtowers will all have different points assigned to them, with Watchtowers having more points. If any one of them are lost, you'll lose more points than the number of points you'll gain if you capture or attack them (to encourage sending support to team members)
- If your points fall to zero, your faction is eliminated
- If you lose your capital, your faction will be eliminated
- At the end of the time limit, the faction with the highest points will win the war.
- There will be no 2nd prizes. Only the winning team gets to keep the spoils of war.

With more than 2 factions, if a faction is running away with the points total, the other factions can team up to eliminate it. No option to select faction will prevent players from flocking to winning side. Being anonymous, there won't be the pressure not to attack certain camps.
Post edited by Gleamer on
If you don't like reading criticism of the game, then don't read

Comments

• DeathsmithDeathsmith Posts: 229
    edited 18.04.2013
    Not bad... I think the part where the players are anonymus isn't going to work though. GGS wants Berimond to incite attacks in the Great Empire, Everwinter, Burning Sands and Fire Peaks as revenge for attacking/stealing the player's camp.
    Deathsmith @ usa 1

Death
    /deTH/
    Noun
    The action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.

Smith
    /smiTH/
    Noun
    A worker that forges or makes something

Death+Smith=Somebody Who Makes Death8|
    I Never Knew I Could Do That!8)

Supporter of Malreyn
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 18.04.2013
    Factions teaming up? That makes it nearly impossible to win. I see a problem with not being able to choose sides,alliance members might be pitted against each other.The purpose of being able to choose a side,was partly for alliance members to team up.
    Also,I see no reason to add 2 more factions,unless I'm missing a point you're trying to make?

What you're suggesting here is a whole new idea....I'm not sure if I like it or not yet
  • GleamerGleamer Posts: 166
    edited 18.04.2013
    hanzolo5 wrote: »
    Factions teaming up? That makes it nearly impossible to win. I see a problem with not being able to choose sides,alliance members might be pitted against each other.The purpose of being able to choose a side,was partly for alliance members to team up.
    Also,I see no reason to add 2 more factions,unless I'm missing a point you're trying to make?

What you're suggesting here is a whole new idea....I'm not sure if I like it or not yet
    It's not impossible to win. You either win through having most points left at the end or be the last one standing by eliminating the other factions.

Yes, faction teaming up but in the very liberal sense since you can't organize or agree to team up between factions. The only "teaming up" is to concentrate on the faction that is running away with the points.

Being able to choose sides and alliance members wanting to stay together are the biggest problem with the event. Huge strong alliances stay together creating a totally unbalance side. That's why I suggested anonymity...Don't worry about who you're fighting. The only important thing is your team in Berimond. Besides, even if your alliance members are on opposite sides, what are the chances you'll be close to each other or meet each other in battle?

Adding 2 more factions will give each factions more of a fighting chance. With just 2 factions, if 1 side is winning by a certain margin, it's pretty much game over. And that's what happening to the current event.
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 18.04.2013
    Gleamer wrote: »
    It's not impossible to win. You either win through having most points left at the end or be the last one standing by eliminating the other factions.

Yes, faction teaming up but in the very liberal sense since you can't organize or agree to team up between factions. The only "teaming up" is to concentrate on the faction that is running away with the points.

Being able to choose sides and alliance members wanting to stay together are the biggest problem with the event. Huge strong alliances stay together creating a totally unbalance side. That's why I suggested anonymity...Don't worry about who you're fighting. The only important thing is your team in Berimond. Besides, even if your alliance members are on opposite sides, what are the chances you'll be close to each other or meet each other in battle?

Adding 2 more factions will give each factions more of a fighting chance. With just 2 factions, if 1 side is winning by a certain margin, it's pretty much game over. And that's what happening to the current event.

Well alliance members can still find out who's side everyone is on.Since it won't matter who you're fighting against,would attacking allow you to gain honor or not?
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 18.04.2013
    Here's a idea.

As soon as someone clicks to join the event, they get a window asking only if they wish to enter. Once they click "yes" they are automatically assigned a side, and that side is also assigned to the rest of that players allaince. This way alliances can stick together.

As there would be no option to choose sides there could be no pre-arranged agreements between alliances to join the same side.
    It's been a while.....

• anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 18.04.2013
    There were alot of co operations in the begining before things got out of hand.

My entire alliance all joined the bears and over a dozen of us had our original camps all right next to each other. We would set up attacks so that one player would capture a camp seconds after another player had just wiped out all of its defenses. We would defend eachother any time we saw an incoming attack. And we all followed a general plan on how and whose camps we would be capturing. We even often received messages from players outside of our alliance asking for support at their camp, or if we could wipe out the capturing army at their camp, and we did just that.

There was alot of team work and cooperation going on, atleast on the Bears side in USA1 and from my perspective. It wasn't until it degraded to the point where you had to search high and low for a blue camp without a red flag or an incoming capture that the team work disapeared. It has gotten so bad that even if you do find a blue camp without an incoming capture there is a 60% chance that someone closer or with faster horses will still beat you there.

If you don't allow alliances to stick together then there will be no teamwork at all and it would truly become a free for all. As there is no efficent means to communicate with the rest of your faction
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • FamousZack9FamousZack9 Posts: 2,943
    edited 18.04.2013
    I really dislike bermond but their should not be any changes to it.
    loapud5cb7c.png
    (Part time)

#thedreamliveson
  • magicsss17magicsss17 Posts: 549
    edited 18.04.2013

rofl... I really hate this event but keep it just as it is so I have something to complain about... that is what I make of your statement.

honestly Idk how you go about fixing the event either. As it is the picking sides is one of the big issues. Randomly assigning players wont matter in the end though. yes through team work coordination through an alliance will speed up the event but if randomly assigned you can do the same thing. Ultimately the side with the better players will always win... this results in a runaway situation which is issue number 2. There is no catch up feature to make it a close battle.

The issue I have with your fixes are it does basically create a whole new event. the 4 teams is just too much. the randomly assigning changes it as well. what it needs is a better catch up feature and a better endgame feature... not the constant re-spawning of camps.
    magicsss17 @ WWW 1
  • Danger1602Danger1602 Posts: 633
    edited 19.04.2013
    no no no no no
    Danger1602 World 1
    I am part of the BLACK HAWKS family in the mother alliance attack us or me and you will feel our TALONS
    bow down to BLACK HAWKS
    here is our website http://blackhawksfamilyagoodgameempirefamilyofalliancesininternational.yolasite.com/ and contact us here http://blackhawksfamily.freeforums.org/index.php at our forum
    I am smart strong and stealthy
    I LOVE TURTLES
    check out my youtube videos our best one is the life of cheif the tortoise

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]thought to be slow but fast
  • GleamerGleamer Posts: 166
    edited 19.04.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Here's a idea.

As soon as someone clicks to join the event, they get a window asking only if they wish to enter. Once they click "yes" they are automatically assigned a side, and that side is also assigned to the rest of that players allaince. This way alliances can stick together.

As there would be no option to choose sides there could be no pre-arranged agreements between alliances to join the same side.

That could work so long as they manage to keep the numbers on both sides roughly even .
    If you dislike it, doesn't it make sense to tweak it so it can be enjoyable to participate?

If it's not fine, then make suggestion for them to change rather than keep getting frustrated with the event. But I guess, no matter how bad it is, some people will resist against change...until they join the losing side, then they'll be the ones throwing temper tantrums and threatening to quit.
  • AdityamattAdityamatt Posts: 322
    edited 19.04.2013
    FIRSTLY CHANGE THE NAMES AND COLORS TO MAKE IT CONFUSING FOR PLAYERS TO WHICH SIDE TO JOIN.
    Two factions are good enough.
    Just alter The troops.
    Faction I - Good Ranged attackers,Good Melee defenders,Bad Ranged Defense
    Faction II -Good melee attackers,Good ranged defenders,Bad melee Defense

REWARD NEEDS TO BE ALTERED TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Make it you need to capture 5 camps at least to get the reward like PO,Equipment whatever,etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Adityamatt @ in 1
    For those who may need help:
    http://www.unstoppablealliance.blogspot.com/
  • Nako067 (US1)Nako067 (US1) Posts: 1,851
    edited 14.09.2013
    pretty good idea. the outcome i decided in first few days
    Nako067 @ USA1

Ultimate Fame on Xbox and Xbox1

Forum record 62 posts in a row.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?110007-Spam&p=1296267#post1296267

original.jpg?w=128&h=128

What a save by Jimmy Howard #35
  • edwardromoruleredwardromoruler Posts: 189
    edited 14.09.2013
    I really don't care
  • Black GatesBlack Gates Posts: 2
    edited 23.09.2013
    The Battle For Berimond is great! People re complaining about alliance members turning against each other, but if your alliance was organized, you would sit down with all them member, and pick a side. Thats the problems. The Berimond Battle is really good fun, and exciting! I wish it would happen more often, but I'm glad it does occur. People need to quit complaining, and have some fun, if you lose some honor, then just regain it...
    Black Gates @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file