Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New event - Bedlam!

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
This event will open a new world where we can all build castles in order to fight each other in a no rules, no holds barred fight to the death.

There will be no sides, there will be no support, there will be no alliances.

Each player is given a base castle and troops to operate from. There will be towers to defeat and villages to capture. With each victory you are rewarded with troops which you can use to defend your castle and attack others. There will be no honour and no glory, this will be a dirty war, you will be fighting your alliance friends, your pact members and maybe even your leader if you have one. You will be fighting everyone!

Your castle can only be upgraded once you reach the new levels and unlock new buildings/wall/gate and tower levels and receive troop and tool rewards.

As with everything in Empire, the use of rubies can speed things up and improve defense and attack abilities. Rubies will only be able to speed you to a certain extent as you will not be able to build past your current level. Completing quests will enable the next levels and upgrades.

Each castle is given 50 lives, each time your castle is defeated you will lose one of these lives. Each time you are attacked you will receive a troop bonus so if you are planning to attack someone you'd better make sure you win or they will only grow stronger. There will be a minimal amount of fires that can be put out quickly in order that you will be in a position to continue the fight. As players lose their lives and are defeated only the strong will remain.

Rewards will be based on how long you last in this demolition derby. Any player who does not send an attack in a 48 hour period will be removed from the event. Thus avoiding any stale mate situations. This event is a fighting event with building, not a building event with fighting.

Rewards for the top 100 will be impressive, rewards for the top 10 will be astounding. First prize will be phenomenal. We're talking impressive decorations and equipment, troops, coins and rubies.

The mechanics of this idea will require precise balancing in order to ensure that all players have a fighting chance but also that those who decide to spend rubies in this event stand a better chance of winning, after all they'll be paying for the development costs.

I believe that this event will be exciting and new.

Let me know what you all think.

Bring it on!
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• UserParasUserParas Posts: 552
    edited 11.04.2013
    Baldrick its a great idea in my view, They should absolutely add it
    [email protected]
    Do u need some info and tips about the game? Visit here: http://chakravyuhalliance.blogspot.in/
    18.jpg
  • DarknessGhostDarknessGhost Posts: 433
    edited 11.04.2013
    good idea man~
    Darknessghost @ en1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 11.04.2013
    Thanks for the detailed feedback guys :)

Fight fight fight! Kill kill kill!
    It's been a while.....

edited 11.04.2013
    i think this will help many people learn diffrent defense/attack strategies.
    but what if 5people plan 2 team up n crush evry1?
    Darknessghost @ en1
  • hampe182hampe182 Posts: 202
    edited 11.04.2013
    i only se one possible problem with this, small players will go in and big players will destroy them and get mightier.

by the way. if you get destroyed, does the attack destroy you camp ore take over it?
    hampe18 8)
    nordisk 1

[video]http://omfgdogs.com/[/video]
    edited 11.04.2013
    There would be no rules. Each time someone gets attacked they would lose some troops and each time you get attacked you receive troops, so a mass attack for instance would actually make the target stronger.

Also, eventually, those 5 people wold need to fight each other.

The coding and balancing would be complicated, I realize that, but I think a fight to the death would prove to be incredible fun for everyone.
    It's been a while.....

• nicknamearyanicknamearya Posts: 171
    edited 11.04.2013
    i agree there should be some sort of penalty for those who work together. Maybe everyone should be given random names so you can't identify anyone so all diplomacy will be set aside. This will encourage weaker players to attack even the best in the server without fear that they will be attacked in the other kingdoms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    nicknamearya @ en 1
    edited 11.04.2013
    hampe182 wrote: »
    i only se one possible problem with this, small players will go in and big players will destroy them and get mightier.

by the way. if you get destroyed, does the attack destroy you camp ore take over it?

Everyone would be equal. There would be no big players (except those who use rubies). But even ruby use should be controlled so that you don't end up with tiny castles and huge castles.

Everyone starts with 50 lives. When you have been defeated 50 times you are out of the event. No camps are taken over. Everyone has one castle and there are villages to boost production and enable players to upgrade their castles.
    It's been a while.....

edited 11.04.2013
    i agree there should be some sort of penalty for those who work together. Maybe everyone should be given random names so you can't identify anyone so all diplomacy will be set aside. This will encourage weaker players to attack even the best in the server without fear that they will be attacked in the other kingdoms

not a bad idea,And identies revelead @end?
    Darknessghost @ en1
    edited 11.04.2013
    Yeah, that sound pretty good.

Anonymous celebrity death match!
    It's been a while.....

• vantomalvantomal Posts: 178
    edited 11.04.2013
    I like this idea, because it is different from all the other events. Also it focuses on fighting, which again I like.
    vantomal @ usa 1
  • Humpers2Humpers2 Posts: 166
    edited 11.04.2013
    Lets be honest anonymity or even co-ordinates wouldn't work. The first thing that will happen is people will work out who their mates are.

BUT this idea is awesome. I think 50 lives is too much as well, maybe 10?

I think they should recycle the coding from berimond which is essentially perfect, everyone starts with a camp, and everyone is their enemy, they get rewards for killing, and greater rewards for totally destroying, indeed perhaps on the final life that person has to send a capture rather than a normal attack?
    Humpers @ en 1
    edited 11.04.2013
    Sounds great Humpers. Using Berimond as a template would work perfectly. And yeah, the capital could appear once there are only two players left and they would need to fight over it. That could work.

I think all the dead players should be able to access the map even if they are no longer in the event. This would give the remaining players an audience :)
    It's been a while.....

• Ooga OogaOoga Ooga Posts: 51
    edited 11.04.2013
    Baldrick this sounds like an amazing idea! You will only be able to use troops given to you from the event right? No support from home?

I think even Blackadder would think this one is a good idea :)
    Ooga Ooga @ WWW 2 and en1
    edited 11.04.2013
    Yes Ooga, only troops from the event, nothing from home. Same goes for tools. This way the playing field would be fairly even.

A level 20 could feasibly win this event if they play a good game.
    It's been a while.....

• 123guy123guy Posts: 2,956
    edited 11.04.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    A level 20 could easily win this event if they play a good game.

I like the sound of that!
    Retired from game, sorry if I answer a question with outdated information

[email protected], General of Ninth Legion, 78th in the alliance honour rankings.

Soon the empire world will be united under one banner...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eagle PrideEagle Pride Posts: 103
    edited 11.04.2013
    I think its a good idea, but the mightiest of problems is the same as it is now. Follow my thinking:

Most of the succesful (high level) players in this game are those that have 2 huge attributes 1: disposable income 2: tons of free time (picture the 35 yr old guy living in his Mom's basement and stealing her credit card to buy rubies). Ok, these guys/gals will join a game like this and be just as successful as they are in the ordinary game because of skills they already have and willingness to stay awake for days just to obtain the top prizes. I imagine the top 10 will all be the usual suspects with very recongnizable names. Probably 90 out of the 100 will also be most names you currently find on the leaderboard.

In essence, this game sounds fun, but is just going to further reward the rich by giving them the incredible tools to compliment the ones they already have (sucks being attacked by commanders with 90% melee and ranged, and you want to add to that?). With the new changes to the "coin bonanza", those of us that havent had a chance to benefit from it have little chance to compete with those that profited before the "bug" was fixed.

The idea is actually great, it just has to be formulated in a way that new players/lower levels would have a chance to compete as well. Maybe separate it into divisions based on level? Imagine if you had new guys from level 15-30 competing amongst themselves for new improved equipment? Or levels 30-40? This would help usher in the new blood that would keep this game vibrant.
    Eagle Pride @ usa 1
  • hello4912hello4912 Posts: 58
    edited 11.04.2013
    excellent idea, but to make it fairer you might need add categories like 10-20, 21-30,31-40, 41-50 and 51-70
    hello491 @ usa 1
    edited 11.04.2013
    I'm not so sure that the level thing would be possible (GGS never use this in events).

After some more thought on the matter I came up with a participant limit on each event. Maybe only 200 entrants.

I would imagine that this event would fill up quickly and give everyone a chance of competing and also a chance that those top 100 may not even be there.

I added the restrictions on the ruby side of the event in an attempt to even the playing field. Yes rubies would help, but they shouldn't be an event winner.

I'm also trying to avoid those players who enter an event and then build a virtually un-defeatable castle and then fill it with defenders or go straight into protection. This would be a fast paced event (maybe the 50 lives is too many).

My whole idea is to create an even playing field event where everyone can compete fairly against each other. No super strong troops. No recruiting (you get what you are given and rewards). Ruby use would be mostly restricted to tools (which are very expensive), stables, watchtowers, that kind of stuff, in a similar way to Berimond.

What I was trying to avoid is the ability for anyone to speed build an entire castle. Also the base castle should be defendable from time of entry.

Maybe if the limit on entry is 200, they could run this event weekly, or even twice weekly. Giving everyone a chance at some point.
    It's been a while.....

• Eagle PrideEagle Pride Posts: 103
    edited 11.04.2013
    I think the ideas are great and good place to start with. Now if the guys upstairs would listen....
    Eagle Pride @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file