We need new Moderators!
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.
If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE
Great Nations Alliance (AU) - Code of Conduct
All of us in GN play this game to have fun, as does every other player in the Empire.
Being a War game, a large part of that fun is based on player vs player battles.
The basic premise is that the attacker has the element of surprise... they get to choose when the battle occurs.
The defender has the home ground advantage – they are able to set and potentially adjust their defence to counter the attack and receive support from their alliance.
This Code of Conduct is your guide to playing an honourable game, it allows for different play styles, but sets some boundaries for our conduct that must be followed by all our players at all times.
Firstly some principles (to help you decide on what is honourable)
1. Have FUN!
2. Respect other players right to have fun as well... While it is also fun to defend, it is not fun to be constantly rebuilding your castle.
3. Remember that every action could have consequences for yourself and for the alliance... Do not bring the alliance into disrepute. Respect our alliance diplomacy settings at all times, paying particular attention to formal and informal NAAs and cease-fires.
4. This IS a war game... you have every right to attack and expect to be attacked yourself.
5. Let honour be your guide... if an attack gives little or no honour, then question why you need to attack
6. You have every right exploit the advantages that you have earned.
7. It is not good form to exploit an advantage that has not been earned or is a result of others misfortune.
8. We play as a team. Make all your attacks on other players visible to alliance members. Share all Battle reports against other players with all alliance members. Attacks on NPC need not be shared.
Now we have some rules... these are boundaries that you shall not cross... you are at liberty to play by a stricter code if you wish.
1. Attacking players are to be no more than 10 levels higher than the defender.
2. Battles are to be 1 on 1. No more than 1 GN player may simultaneously attack the same player during normal play.
3. You may not attack the same player within 48 hours of a successful attack.
4. You may not launch an attack on a castle that is already burning
5. Rules 1 to 4 may only be waived if the target has been assessed by the leadership to be an inactive player and messages have been sent to check.
6. There are to be no co-ordinated or follow-up attacks unless organised by the alliance leadership.
7. Outposts are not to be attacked unless expressly permitted by the alliance leadership.
8. Sabotage and plague doctors are not honourable. (For daily tasks, use ruined outposts or by consent with other players at 10% damage)
9. Initial 'martyr' wave(s) within a single attack to clear tools are OK. Sending an additional army/armies is not.
In addition to the above, when we are at WAR with an alliance, specific rules of engagement will be enforced.
Any breach of this Code of Conduct by a GN player should be brought to the attention of GN leadership. The alleged breach will be investigated and dealt with internally at the sole discretion of GN leadership. Where a GN player has breached this code of conduct, the GN alliance will 'make good' on any verifiable losses suffered by other players. Internal actions may include resource penalties, demotion, and/or potential removal from the alliance in serious cases.
Great Nations Alliance