Home Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Great Nations Alliance (AU) - Code of Conduct

bmac2bmac2 Posts: 3
edited 08.04.2013 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Great Nations Alliance - Code of Conduct

All of us in GN play this game to have fun, as does every other player in the Empire.

Being a War game, a large part of that fun is based on player vs player battles.

The basic premise is that the attacker has the element of surprise... they get to choose when the battle occurs.

The defender has the home ground advantage – they are able to set and potentially adjust their defence to counter the attack and receive support from their alliance.

This Code of Conduct is your guide to playing an honourable game, it allows for different play styles, but sets some boundaries for our conduct that must be followed by all our players at all times.

Firstly some principles (to help you decide on what is honourable)

1. Have FUN!

2. Respect other players right to have fun as well... While it is also fun to defend, it is not fun to be constantly rebuilding your castle.

3. Remember that every action could have consequences for yourself and for the alliance... Do not bring the alliance into disrepute. Respect our alliance diplomacy settings at all times, paying particular attention to formal and informal NAAs and cease-fires.

4. This IS a war game... you have every right to attack and expect to be attacked yourself.

5. Let honour be your guide... if an attack gives little or no honour, then question why you need to attack

6. You have every right exploit the advantages that you have earned.

7. It is not good form to exploit an advantage that has not been earned or is a result of others misfortune.

8. We play as a team. Make all your attacks on other players visible to alliance members. Share all Battle reports against other players with all alliance members. Attacks on NPC need not be shared.

Now we have some rules... these are boundaries that you shall not cross... you are at liberty to play by a stricter code if you wish.

1. Attacking players are to be no more than 10 levels higher than the defender.

2. Battles are to be 1 on 1. No more than 1 GN player may simultaneously attack the same player during normal play.

3. You may not attack the same player within 48 hours of a successful attack.

4. You may not launch an attack on a castle that is already burning

5. Rules 1 to 4 may only be waived if the target has been assessed by the leadership to be an inactive player and messages have been sent to check.

6. There are to be no co-ordinated or follow-up attacks unless organised by the alliance leadership.

7. Outposts are not to be attacked unless expressly permitted by the alliance leadership.

8. Sabotage and plague doctors are not honourable. (For daily tasks, use ruined outposts or by consent with other players at 10% damage)

9. Initial 'martyr' wave(s) within a single attack to clear tools are OK. Sending an additional army/armies is not.

In addition to the above, when we are at WAR with an alliance, specific rules of engagement will be enforced.

Any breach of this Code of Conduct by a GN player should be brought to the attention of GN leadership. The alleged breach will be investigated and dealt with internally at the sole discretion of GN leadership. Where a GN player has breached this code of conduct, the GN alliance will 'make good' on any verifiable losses suffered by other players. Internal actions may include resource penalties, demotion, and/or potential removal from the alliance in serious cases.

Great Nations Alliance
AU Server
Post edited by bmac2 on
bmac @ au 1

Comments

• edited 04.04.2013
    Your alliance rules don't need to be public, as they only apply to your members.

That said, I hope you don't complain when other alliances don't follow your rules. And if you do, then I hope you fail harder than Leviathan did in USA 1.
  • darbaradarbara Posts: 2
    edited 04.04.2013
    Thanks Bmac for having it here :)
    darbara @ au 1
  • ninja11222 (GB1)ninja11222 (GB1) Posts: 120
    edited 05.04.2013
    Rename your alliance to Noob nations, we don't wanna know your rules you probably have lvl 5 members for crying out loud
    ninja11222 @en1
    ninja11222 @Int1
    ninja11222 @Int2
    ninja11222 @Usa1

Mess with the best...
    ...You die like the rest

Want some Aloe Vaerra? Cause you just got BURNED !8)
  • Misanthropic91Misanthropic91 Posts: 120
    edited 06.04.2013
    If you were in USA 1 i would have started attacking you for making this thread alone.
    Misanthropic91 @ usa 1
  • edited 06.04.2013
    If you were in USA 1 i would have started attacking you for making this thread alone.

lol so much this
  • edited 06.04.2013
    Its a WAR game, if GGE didn't want us attacking outposts/players within a certain timeframe/10 levels below, they would have included that in the game mechanics.

Stop crying and play the game.
  • BlackDrgnBlackDrgn Posts: 333
    edited 06.04.2013
    He was posting this if other alliances wanted to use their rules, he didn't post it for presumptuous fools to insult and mock him.
    Read the bottom as well, these rules were too long to fit in the description.
    If one of the GN players breached these rules which other players could read here, it could be dealt with.
  • edited 07.04.2013
    lol morry he called you a fool!
  • edited 07.04.2013
    BlackDrgn wrote: »
    He was posting this if other alliances wanted to use their rules, he didn't post it for presumptuous fools to insult and mock him.
    Read the bottom as well, these rules were too long to fit in the description.
    If one of the GN players breached these rules which other players could read here, it could be dealt with.

These types of rules should not be encouraged.
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 07.04.2013
    there noob rules
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
    edited 07.04.2013
    These types of rules should not be encouraged.

That is your opinion.
    I do not really like to follow these rules as well, but it does not mean that bmac is not allowed to have his own opinion.
    edited 07.04.2013
    bobbysbro wrote: »
    there noob rules

Firstly, they're*.
    Secondly, could you be a little more specific or constructive?
  • legoman693651legoman693651 Posts: 400
    edited 07.04.2013
    ninja11222 wrote: »
    Rename your alliance to Noob nations, we don't wanna know your rules you probably have lvl 5 members for crying out loud

well ninja, these guys actually appear quite regularly in the top 3 alliances
    legoman693651 @ au 1

The Seperatists. (and occasionally OVERLORDS) Proud owners of aus1's GE capital, FP capital and 2 metropolises

Did somebody say overkill?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 07.04.2013
    BlackDrgn wrote: »
    That is your opinion.
    I do not really like to follow these rules as well, but it does not mean that bmac is not allowed to have his own opinion.

People who follow their own set of rules complain when they are attacked by players who do not follow them. When the rules themselves gain popularity, it becomes expected of the rest of the server to adhere, as we saw in USA 1 (see: tyranny).

When other players choose not to follow the rules, several things can happen. Most commonly the victims fill these forums with reports of "bullying" or "cowardice." Other times people end up quitting the game because they failed to draw a distinction between their personal codes of conduct and game rules, and sometimes those who preached the rules turn into their own worst enemies by ganging up on alliances who don't follow the same rules in an attempt to run them out of the game.

Sure, you can run your alliance any way you want. But the rules became a cancer as much as a convenience on USA 1. It took three months of stressful warring and no doubt near a hundred players quitting to put the server back into balance.

Learn from mistakes made by others.
    edited 07.04.2013
    People who follow their own set of rules complain when they are attacked by players who do not follow them. When the rules themselves gain popularity, it becomes expected of the rest of the server to adhere, as we saw in USA 1 (see: tyranny).

When other players choose not to follow the rules, several things can happen. Most commonly the victims fill these forums with reports of "bullying" or "cowardice." Other times people end up quitting the game because they failed to draw a distinction between their personal codes of conduct and game rules, and sometimes those who preached the rules turn into their own worst enemies by ganging up on alliances who don't follow the same rules in an attempt to run them out of the game.

Sure, you can run your alliance any way you want. But the rules became a cancer as much as a convenience on USA 1. It took three months of stressful warring and no doubt near a hundred players quitting to put the server back into balance.

Learn from mistakes made by others.

I have been in situations where people have complained about what my alliance has done because they have their own rules so I do agree with you on that but, lots of what you said was circumstantial.
    This is IF he complains if other alliances fail to follow his own set of rules.
    I know bmac and he would never enforce these rules upon others, turning into a 'bully'.
    He told me that if other alliances wanted to use these set of rules (which others did) they were free to do so.
    The sole purpose of why this was posted was that if a Great Nations member breached these rules, it could be dealt with.
  • edited 07.04.2013
    Do you think it started differently in USA 1?
    edited 07.04.2013
    Do you think it started differently in USA 1?

Could you summarize what happened then?
  • bmac2bmac2 Posts: 3
    edited 07.04.2013
    I know three of the posters on this thread from AU servers. I sincerely thank them for their comments and support. Some of those comments have clarified my reasons for publishing this code better than I had myself.

Seperatists in particular is an alliance that play this game in a way I respect and is lead by a player I respect. Whilst playing honourably, they have also been a dominant alliance on our server for at least the last 6 months

Our GN Code is strongly based on an anti-bullying discussion coordinated last year by one of the strongest and more respected players on our server. Some of the more respected leaders of the strongest alliances on our server contributed to that discussion and those guidelines. Some other alliances play by a similar code, whether they publish it or not.

Other posters on this thread seem to be from US servers. I don't know how this game is played on that server and will never experience it first hand. I do know that one alliance leader from USA 1 has contacted me privately saying they liked the post, and that they were working with leaders of other honourable alliances to reduce the bullying on that server.

For our alliance, this code is a publicly declared standard to which we are held accountable by the players and alliances we play with, and against. The leadership of our alliance is proud to play this game in an honourable fashion that goes beyond the poorly named 'Honour' rankings or the poorly enforced game rules. We don't require or expect other alliances to follow our code, but there are several alliances who have said they would like to.

I personally think this game could be played for fun by many more players if more of us played the way our code describes. We can't change the way other people play, but we can choose to play our own game the way we think it should be played.
    bmac @ au 1
  • legoman693651legoman693651 Posts: 400
    edited 08.04.2013
    awwww thanks bmac
    legoman693651 @ au 1

The Seperatists. (and occasionally OVERLORDS) Proud owners of aus1's GE capital, FP capital and 2 metropolises

Did somebody say overkill?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file