Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Overkill on mantlets and glory flags/war banners?

GarrexGarrex Posts: 69
edited 02.04.2013 in Players ask Players
I didn't get to contribute as much as I would've liked in the Herald's Tournament so I was overstocked on some things. Rather than saving them, I thought I'd try something out and used way more than I need in an attack I just launched.

Is there any benefit at all to going overboard like that with them or is it a total waste?
Post edited by Garrex on
Garrex @ usa 1

Comments

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 02.04.2013
    Having lots of mantlets in battle can be useful to use with a +90% ranged commander to force the opponent to use melee only, and mantlets in general are really useful when attacking fortresses. Banners can be used to earn more glory so having more or less really doesn't affect you.
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 02.04.2013
    The point of mantlets is to negate ranged defense, if for example your opponent uses bulwarks in all three wall slots on a flank his ranged defense would be increased to 250%. If you were to send 30 mantlets at that wall they would reduce it by 150% at which point it would be 100% and they would still have their base wall defense. So no if you are sending regular mantlets then there is no such thing as overkill.

In the same scenario if you sent 25 cast iron mantlets, and 5 siege towers you would completely negate the ranged defense down to 0% and the wall defense from 80% down to 5%. But that doesn't even account for moat defense, castelians or the simple fact that he can change his defense when he sees your attack coming.

So essentiallly there is no such thing as overkill with mantlets
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • GarrexGarrex Posts: 69
    edited 02.04.2013
    Damn. The guy opened his gates when he saw me coming so I didn't get a chance to really test it. The good news is that I'm getting all or most of those mantlets back along with the rest of the equipment. Wasted attack though.

Thanks for your replies. Jade: as always, you're on the ball and are one of my favorites around here. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
    Garrex @ usa 1
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 02.04.2013
    Garrex wrote: »
    Damn. The guy opened his gates when he saw me coming so I didn't get a chance to really test it. The good news is that I'm getting all or most of those mantlets back along with the rest of the equipment. Wasted attack though.

Thanks for your replies. Jade: as always, you're on the ball and are one of my favorites around here. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thanks for your nice comment :").

By the way, remember that using an excessive amount of mantlets in combat could also be a terrible Idea. But if the player is unprepared the battle in the walls will be a mess for him, and you will usually get the 30% bonus in the keep, it can also work in situations when players defend with 0-0-100 if the defender don't put good tools. It's better to open gates to attacks like that if the defenses are not good.
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • gaurdosgaurdos Posts: 11
    edited 02.04.2013
    i got 205 iron mantlets and 50 cast iron mantlets and 1,000 ranged attackrs t my ice castle, who should i attack?
    gaurdos @ en 1
  • GarrexGarrex Posts: 69
    edited 02.04.2013
    Edited. Jade covered.
    Garrex @ usa 1
    edited 02.04.2013
    should i atttack for resources glory or honour?
    gaurdos @ en 1
    edited 02.04.2013
    yes opennin gates is for wimps
    gaurdos @ en 1
  • DClucasDClucas Posts: 159
    edited 02.04.2013
    Mantlets are really useful for towers and fortresses (I once killed a desert tower losing only 5 swordsman martyrs) although its irritating that you can only put 10 mantlets on the flanks of barbarian towers/fortresses and lower level rbcs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who said there should be more ways to get rubies and coins?

Level 60 :)
    International 2
    Alliance: Black Legion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file