Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

RVs (1000th post)

GranDaddoGranDaddo Posts: 95
Hi, yes, this is probably 1000th post about problems with RVs and how they influence gameplay...
So, Im almost lvl 60 but sadly my alliance is not huge or can match strength of even top 50 alliances but its rediculous how hard is to get RV in Burning sands. My castle is close to the edge but noooooooooo RVs will not show near my edge, it needs to be far out in completly rediculous corner were always some bigger/stronger alliance have someone who needs to have all immediately. That leaves my attacks bouncing and bouncing off. Unlike EG were you have atleast food RVs in normal numbers, in BS is cronic shortage of everything.
It reflects to gameplay. Im not able to grow sufficient army at BS (let say resources are secondary atm) and that spot still after few weeks stays as mine weak point were obvious everyone looks first.
In the END - please give us atleast food RVs!! Let us fight for resources, since you manage to raise nice taxes, but give us FOOD!
Post edited by GranDaddo on
GranDaddo @ en 1
image.jpg

Comments

• DClucasDClucas Posts: 159
    edited 20.03.2013
    I do agree with you about sand RVs; once a whole group of them appeared and then after half an hour they were all taken. But, however, RVs are supposed to be fought over :/ i learnt that in Everwinter glacier-it took ages to get Rvs there, but now i have 12 :) Also, Burning Sands is supposed to be harder than EG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who said there should be more ways to get rubies and coins?

Level 60 :)
    International 2
    Alliance: Black Legion
  • GranDaddoGranDaddo Posts: 95
    edited 20.03.2013
    Indeed. You are right about difficulty, but difficulty is already done with less resources in beginning etc. I think that you cannot expect to have players fighting each other over RVs if they dont have food. Let us fight over wood/stone - that is OK, but if I cant maintain there decent army I dont have chance to get it in first place. Just spend long time gathered resources for extra speed, but I know its simply waste of time.
    Please make then abandon castle feature so i can fully withdraw from that kindgom. Dont see point.
    EG was hard, but not for the food.
    GranDaddo @ en 1
    image.jpg
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 20.03.2013
    Believe it or not, Everwinter glacier used to be exactly the same. Some went for months without a single RV.

It's all to do with Kingdom population really, and as Burning Sands grows and more players enter you will have a much better chance of getting some RVs. Also, keeping them becomes easy too as the top alliances will all have the maximum. Maybe one day they will restrict the total number of RVs there too as only when the top alliances are all full will the other players get a chance.

I'm afraid it's a waiting game. Being in a relatively small alliance as you are it's going to be a lot tougher to get them and keep them.

Have you tried messaging the players around you to see if you could at least get some stone and wood RVs near to your castle? Wood and stone RVs tend to be used by the strongest players more for tactical reasons than for the resources. If you ask nicely, you never know, they might say yes.

Good luck.
    It's been a while.....

• Unum_InfernoUnum_Inferno Posts: 134
    edited 20.03.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Believe it or not, Everwinter glacier used to be exactly the same. Some went for months without a single RV.

It's all to do with Kingdom population really, and as Burning Sands grows and more players enter you will have a much better chance of getting some RVs. Also, keeping them becomes easy too as the top alliances will all have the maximum. Maybe one day they will restrict the total number of RVs there too as only when the top alliances are all full will the other players get a chance.

I'm afraid it's a waiting game. Being in a relatively small alliance as you are it's going to be a lot tougher to get them and keep them.

Have you tried messaging the players around you to see if you could at least get some stone and wood RVs near to your castle? Wood and stone RVs tend to be used by the strongest players more for tactical reasons than for the resources. If you ask nicely, you never know, they might say yes.

Good luck.

You might not know it, but Int 2 is a completely different story, the new players or low level people or people in small alliances can never get sand resource villages there, since the population is so small, still, as new players join in, no resource villages actually spawn, I know the ratio of players to resource villages is balanced, but it seems that our server is going quite slow. Seemingly, all the
    big players have all the resource villages, what can others do? Sit and wait? If you ask my leader Dun Gon, he even said resource villages rarely spawn here, our spawn rate is probably 3 months for resource villages to spawn in sand, and if you miss it. You miss It.

Well, there are also other ways to get resource villages, you could always pick some off of inactive, but it is not quite as practical, since all the big players have all the resource villages, the resource villages will stay in the in-active's alliance(most likely a fairly big size to keep resource villages), but it has become a problem, there is almost no chance of getting resource villages in Sand and Fire. I don't know about you, but I hate waiting, especially in a low populated server...

So, to sum this all up, Int 2 is not as balanced as Usa 1 and Int 1, its population is fairly low, who knows how many years it will take for this thing to balance out so more resource villages will spawn?
    Unum_Inferno @ CAN1 :D
    edited 21.03.2013
    I know how hard it was in EG. When I almost gave hope, first food appeared and everything went easier. From my point problem is not only when but where they spawn. For example, I was on far east side and I really cant remember when they spawn on that side. 2nd thing is they tend to spawn faaaar south! That leaves some guy who is closer and has already few RVs to snatch everything else. Yesterday I spend hard earned rubies (RVs spawned infront of me in that moment) to use fastest horses, modified equipment and still did not make it under 2hrs because they spawned to big fella next door and he snatched more then 10 of them at once!
    Its clear that this is matter of population and were players spawn, but dont you think its not contributing to gameplay at all?
    GranDaddo @ en 1
    image.jpg
    edited 21.03.2013
    I think the main problem is that too many players are scared to move to the new kingdoms as they feel they will be constantly attacked and wont be able to obtain any RVs, which is causing the lack of population, and therefor the lack of RVs.

I'm not so sure about the RVs only spawning every 3 months, unless of course your server has 10,000 players of the required level who refuse to move over. If they all moved over then there would be many more RVs and things would be easier.

So, rather then focusing on the RVs themselves as being the main problem, I think we should be thinking of a way to entice more players to move. Possible increasing the protection period to 1 month with the ability to attack RVs within that month and the ability to lose them too (like the way normal protection works, but only for that kingdom, and with the ability to attack RVs and NPCs only).

I think this might help with the lack of players moving and also increase the overall number of RVs.

Just a thought.
    It's been a while.....

edited 21.03.2013
    You are right Baldrick, still enforcing them to move its not easy. For example, lvl 50 with 1.5k moving there would be sitting duck for weeks. You know that peaceful week or two is hard to achieve and there is sooo little lvl 60players who will go for your main castle in GE. They will first go to your "youngest" castle were your walls, gates, towers are not maxed out and trash you over and over. This happens to me in BS and to some of my members who are "new" in EG. Still, sooner you go there, sooner you will get it done
    GranDaddo @ en 1
    image.jpg
    edited 21.03.2013
    Yeah, the game is designed in a way that all new entrants to the new kingdoms are sitting targets for quite some time. I see this as the main problem and the lack of RVs is simply a knock on effect.

Unless GGS can come up with a solution to this issue the new kingdoms will always be under populated.

Edit:

Maybe a way of stationing troops from the Great Empire would help. This would allow new entrants to have a decent defensive army without the need for food RVs from day one. I think a maximum number of troops and a maximum period of stationing would be needed to avoid exploitation. As this would take troop capacity from the Great Empire the need to obtain food RVs would still be important but would hopefully help with the lack of troops in the new kingdoms issue that many players have.
    It's been a while.....

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 21.03.2013
    Unless I have made a mistake, six rvs spawn every time a new person joins a kingdom.
    edited 21.03.2013
    Unless I have made a mistake, six rvs spawn every time a new person joins a kingdom.

I think that the equivalent of six spawn but not at the precise moment that someone joins, I think they come out in blocks for every few players but in Sands and Fire it seems a lot more random. And as so many players are chasing them they are all gone fairly quickly. This makes it seem that they don't spawn at all, but they actually do.
    It's been a while.....

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 21.03.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I think that the equivalent of six spawn but not at the precise moment that someone joins, I think they come out in blocks for every few players but in Sands and Fire it seems a lot more random. And as so many players are chasing them they are all gone fairly quickly. This makes it seem that they don't spawn at all, but they actually do.

I see, I thought that because, when I joined fire peaks, there were six around me that were untaken, the day after I joined they had all been taken.
    edited 24.03.2013
    Guy took now 11 (!!!) RVs in Burning sands in a row! Comme on! I can barely sustain army for 3 attacks on RV because of food, and he sends 11 successful attacks before anyone else!
    Sorry GGS, but you are really killing this game for me.

Edit - 12 RVs - 7 out of that are FOOD
    GranDaddo @ en 1
    image.jpg
  • Aztec-_-Leader (INT2)Aztec-_-Leader (INT2) INT2 Posts: 8
    edited 25.03.2013
    GranDaddo just keep your head held high i had the same problem when i first joined in Sands where a bunch of RV spawned i around me and then were all taken in less than a day but now i have a good setup of defense there (i still don't have and rv) and i am now one of those people sitting there waiting for an rv to pop-up so i can take it.

If you think Fire is bad i recently joined fire peaks and it is much worst there they made the amount of resources you gather less and apparently from what i have seen there is no limit of rv you can get since there is alot of big alliance members with a bunch of rvs
    Aztec-_-Leader @ WWW 2
    edited 25.03.2013
    GranDaddo wrote: »
    Guy took now 11 (!!!) RVs in Burning sands in a row! Comme on! I can barely sustain army for 3 attacks on RV because of food, and he sends 11 successful attacks before anyone else!
    Sorry GGS, but you are really killing this game for me.

Edit - 12 RVs - 7 out of that are FOOD

That would be because A) He had the troops, B) He had fast horses, C) He was online when they spawned, D) He sent troops only and no tools D) He was closer to them than you.

In order to obtain a large amount of newly spawned RVs you really need to be active and in a position to instantly attack these RVs when you see them. The best way to obtain these RVs is to spend rubies (to instantly send troops and food/send fast attacks) and spend coins (to move the troops and send them back to where they came from if you are unable to obtain and food RVs). Always go for food RVs first, they are the only kind that really matter initially.

So like most things in this game, if you spend the rubies you get the rewards.

I see this as more of a ruby issue than anything else, and as you know, trying to get GGS to change the way we spend rubies is just not going to happen.
    It's been a while.....

edited 25.03.2013
    That is true, but what is happening to game? Dont get me wrong, but if I finish my current castles (and its very close to happen) game will provide very little content in meantime. I see additional kindgom as add-in to extend gameplay not to make you extra frustrated.
    Indeed, he probably had all those perks, but rubies give you chance nothing else. Still I dont see how it would cut down their profit in case of limiting number of RVs like in EG on 5 per each? To gain those rubies in unsuccessful runs for RVs? Thats it?
    What about gaining will to go to Fire Peaks and spend rubies on building castle there? Isnt that bigger "market" for rubies?
    GranDaddo @ en 1
    image.jpg
  • bentfenderbentfender Posts: 1
    edited 26.03.2013
    Been reading your posts as excitedly in EG I noticed several new RV's. However, in the matter of a few hours one player has gobbled up 4-5 of them so that they now have 12+ RV's. I thought there was supposed to be a limit to how many RV's a player can grab. This does not appear to be the case!
    bentfender @ au 1
    edited 26.03.2013
    bentfender wrote: »
    Been reading your posts as excitedly in EG I noticed several new RV's. However, in the matter of a few hours one player has gobbled up 4-5 of them so that they now have 12+ RV's. I thought there was supposed to be a limit to how many RV's a player can grab. This does not appear to be the case!

The limit of 5 of each RV type only applies to Everwinter Glacier. The other Kingdoms still have a limit of 10 of each RV type.
    It's been a while.....

• Pipplepepper (GB1)Pipplepepper (GB1) Posts: 509
    edited 22.08.2013
    Bouncing attacks.
    Okay - yesterday I got into bother because I accidentally captured an RV after it had changed hands. Had to give it back. Today, someone took an RV from me having sent his capture before I'd captured. (I didn't get it back) In both cases the RV had changed hands but the attacks continued. This never used to happen. In both cases the other players were in alliances more than double the size of mine. With teh almost religious mania surrounding RVs and messages spelled in caps - like so - GIVE ME BACK THE RV YOU STOLE - things are getting a little out of hand.
    Anyway - is this thing where captures do not bounce anymore a bug - or is it here to stay?
    If it's here to stay, a good way to favour the larger alliances and nail the little guys - all over again.
    For teh record - the RVs in question belonged to a redundant account.
    Pipplepepper @ en 1

No to tribute update.
  • FamousZack9FamousZack9 Posts: 2,943
    edited 23.08.2013
    Bouncing attacks.
    Okay - yesterday I got into bother because I accidentally captured an RV after it had changed hands. Had to give it back. Today, someone took an RV from me having sent his capture before I'd captured. (I didn't get it back) In both cases the RV had changed hands but the attacks continued. This never used to happen. In both cases the other players were in alliances more than double the size of mine. With teh almost religious mania surrounding RVs and messages spelled in caps - like so - GIVE ME BACK THE RV YOU STOLE - things are getting a little out of hand.
    Anyway - is this thing where captures do not bounce anymore a bug - or is it here to stay?
    If it's here to stay, a good way to favour the larger alliances and nail the little guys - all over again.

Thanks for bringing up a thread thats 5 months old.
    loapud5cb7c.png
    (Part time)

#thedreamliveson
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 23.08.2013
    Bouncing attacks.

As soon as I saw the date this was posted, I was just interested in who bumped this really really old thread up.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file