Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!


Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!


Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.


And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.


So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Having a tab showing incoming attacks on alliance members in the travel overview

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
Who has got the horn? I know I do, and guess what?

I click it, expecting to see an incoming attack of some kind and what do I see? A 10 hour outgoing capture attack that I've already seen about 40 times. What's next I wonder? Some outgoing baron attacks, and some of my alliances outgoing attacks....... Surely this incoming attack must show up soon....... Next up are my capital support defenses.......... I'm starting to lose the will to live now........ Oh look, there are my market barrows, trundling through the fields on their way to provide much needed resources to me fellow alliance members.......... What was I doing here again? Oh yeah, incoming attack........ More outgoing attacks........ A bit more support.......... starting to feel sleeppppppzzzzzzzz.....

If I had managed to stay awake for another page or two of stuff I don't really care about I might have seen that elusive incoming attack and got some support there in time.

Surely when you hit the blue horn the FIRST thing it should show are incoming attacks. Pretty simple request really.

Berimond was terrible, 40+ pages of capture attacks to get to one incoming attack.

I know people have requested separate tabs for things but I'd be quite happy if you just put the most important things (incoming attacks) at the top. Mind you, seperate tab for incoming attacks only shouldn't be too much to ask for really. And one that only has active attacks, not late captures or other attacks that will bounce.

Thank you in advance for implementing this simple yet effective improvement to the game.

Yours sincerely,

King Baldrick,
The Big Castle,
The Great Empire.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
«1

Comments

  • FreefallFreefall Posts: 19
    edited 19.02.2013
    Yes, I do agree when you hit the blue horn, incoming attacks should show up 1st. But there's always the Incoming attack tab in the Travel Overview that you can click on instead of wasting your time wading through the All tab. It's only a click away.

    15279224.jpg
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 19.02.2013
    Incoming attacks is only for your castles.
    I support Baldrick's idea.
  • FreefallFreefall Posts: 19
    edited 19.02.2013
    evets4 wrote: »
    Incoming attacks is only for your castles.
    I support Baldrick's idea.
    Oh, didn't know that. They should include alliance's as well then.
  • YuragonerYuragoner Posts: 188
    edited 19.02.2013
    The "alliance troops" tab will weed out some things but I agree. If you click on the horn, the attacks on you and your mates should come up, nothing else. Support is an area where seconds can count and paging through reports or hitting alternate tabs are seconds lost.
  • JJ5542JJ5542 Posts: 1,580
    edited 19.02.2013
    Dont say Berimond please.....horn 24/7....... I wanted to scream!
  • Gaz The BossGaz The Boss Posts: 521
    edited 19.02.2013
    And it keeps swapping around the things all the time so you definetely cant find what u are looking for, it is completely outdated and i guess it was designed for up to 10 events not 100s that happens sometimes. Probably ggs answer will be, 90% of players are unaffected, so bumm, but im sure the remaining 10% purchase the 90% of rubies.

    There should be a simplified list with minimum 20 things in a page, all marketbarrows yellow, all support movement blue, own movement green, all alliance attack white, far incomings dark red, close incomings bright red. Not like this bloody rainbow we have now
  • AlexHorAlexHor Posts: 58
    edited 19.02.2013
    Good discussion. Even travel overview has all kinds of tabs , maybe general tab should have events sorted different way, maybe even add few tabs so we can decide what to see. From most important to less important.
    So the most important thing is incoming attack to your castle, if there are few of them they need to be sorted by time, closest first, farthest last.
    Incoming attacks to the alliance members follows. After that, outgoing attacks, and for the last market barrows.
    For the support troups i am nt sure where I would like to see them, but it is apealing that if you are under attack that support troups are mixed with incoming attacks to you, and sorted by time. So you can see that your support will get to your castle before attack
    And I agree about colors, more distinctive colors for different events and even for different kingdoms.

    And this horn is pretty strange, agree with that too, it is made for less events.

    One is for sure, in this game there is pretty much unnecesary clicking but any suggestion that is pointed to interface improvement doesn't get the right response, even from players. On the contrary, all "need more powerfull units", "add nuclear missile", "make ruby players weaker", "give me tons of free rubies" etc, will fill threads forever.
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 20.02.2013
    I support baldrick
  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 20.02.2013
    And it keeps swapping around the things all the time so you definetely cant find what u are looking for, it is completely outdated and i guess it was designed for up to 10 events not 100s that happens sometimes. Probably ggs answer will be, 90% of players are unaffected, so bumm, but im sure the remaining 10% purchase the 90% of rubies.

    There should be a simplified list with minimum 20 things in a page, all marketbarrows yellow, all support movement blue, own movement green, all alliance attack white, far incomings dark red, close incomings bright red. Not like this bloody rainbow we have now

    Completely agree with this. And the original post. The system at the moment really makes no sense... it's infuriating at times.

    And during Berimond, 24/7 horn... I wanted to shoot myself.
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 20.02.2013
    Man..oh..man,that issue drives me CRAZY

    Baldrick for President!!!!
  • PalandilPalandil Posts: 17
    edited 24.06.2013
    I think it would be incredibly useful have a tab on the side of the travel overview so you can just see the incoming attacks on allied players.

    I have a capital, which means I have to wade through about 6 pages of support troops before I come to see all the other attacks that are happening. With Battle for Berimond happening as well, and an active alliance, I also then have to wade through another 5 or 6 pages of captures on camps in Berimond, and another 4 pages of attacks underway, to somewhere find which single player is under attack.

    Something which would simplify this would be very useful indeed.

    Looking forward to hearing your response!

    Palandil
  • Laizer2012Laizer2012 Posts: 338
    edited 24.06.2013
    there actually is..........
  • PalandilPalandil Posts: 17
    edited 24.06.2013
    There is one which shows attacks on yourself, and one which shows all the activity of your allied troops.
    However, it would be very useful to have one which just shows incoming attacks on your allies.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 24.06.2013
    I completely agree, nothing worse than having to page through 10 pages of berimond captures and resource deliveries to finally see the crucial incoming attack right at the bottom. I started a thread about this a while back, good luck!

    Here's that thread:

    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?53211-Who-s-got-the-horn
  • TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 24.06.2013
    Merged the topics!
    Also, I agree, I think this would be of great benefit, particularly during war time, Berimond or in general for most alliances.
  • rulernbrown2rulernbrown2 Posts: 1,009
    edited 24.06.2013
    baldrick is supported by me
  • 007Ben (US1)007Ben (US1) Posts: 1,188
    edited 24.06.2013
    How about we merge your incoming attacks w/ incoming alliance attacks and change the tab to "Enemy Troops." There's already a tab labeled "Alliance Troops." (Player attacks are listed first, then RB attacks.)
  • PalandilPalandil Posts: 17
    edited 25.06.2013
    Sounds like everyone is agreed on this one then :D. Awesome!
  • seether4seether4 Posts: 140
    edited 25.06.2013
    i'd like the horn to go away once ive click it.
    then i dont have to keep checking travel overview
  • castlejacobscastlejacobs Posts: 1
    edited 26.06.2013
    Not to change subject, but I'm having a hard time find answers to questions with the game. I'm very interested in it. Why do we have to wait to move our castles? When a castle is in ruins we should be able to take it within 24 hours. Can you email the answers or do I have to search thru the forums for the answers? Thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file