We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Open Letter to All Non Collective Alliances on USA1

12326

Comments

  • Pelasion (US1)Pelasion (US1) Posts: 285
    edited 12.02.2013
    Did none of you think that maybe when I said "throne" I meant head of the server? It tends to be a big alliance with the highest honor, even if it's unofficial. Raell and Lenzabi, I do not appreciate your insults
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    "Head of the server"? really? when did Good Games decide that? there is no such thing, just top tier players and alliances scoring for the fighting/honor/building that they do. Insults? no insults Yoshie, more along the lines of observations, you do seem to have a "Hair trigger" for such things. Maybe posting in forums is not your cup of tea?
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    @yoshi
    you mean our jibes and jokes?
    you need to look up the word "insult"
    and flatly does it really matter if you have the highest honor? when you can lose that at any time
    you especially who likes to stir up trouble with your irrationality and rage at the slightest gust of air in your direction
    I'm surprised, truly surprised, that Trafficcop has allowed you to stay in TL as long as you have, i was certain that you would just blow up at one hapless player who said something you didn't like

    YOU are part of the reason this game has started down this path. YOU and people like YOU
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
  • passwordpassword Posts: 19
    edited 12.02.2013
    I have to laugh when I hear anyone sympathizing with the misc. They are a level 20 alliance with 65 members and a half dozen sub allies that feed on bullying weaker alliances. They have you all suckered into buying this line that somehow the collective is controlling this game, what a crock. The collective has 36 or so members and is a level 9 alliance, hardly worth bothering over but yet the misc has you believing they are the puppetmasters of the game. The misc is the group you should be fighting against, while they complain about leviathan not playing by their own 'fair play' rules, the misc don't play by any rules. Don't be fooled by the slick propaganda and carefully bundled message of an organization that is simply manipulating the ignorant among you for their own personal gain.
    password @ usa 1
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    theres an alliance called the collective and a group of alliances called the collective

    the group of alliances include Leviathan Regulators Team-Legends, Bloody Blades, and another that I'm not aware of
    they are talking about this group not the actual alliance (that got me at first as well too)
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) Posts: 7,183US1
    edited 12.02.2013
    Raell Fall wrote: »
    theres an alliance called the collective and a group of alliances called the collective

    the group of alliances include Leviathan Regulators Team-Legends, Bloody Blades, and another that I'm not aware of
    they are talking about this group not the actual alliance (that got me at first as well too)

    Yeah, there's the representing alliance, 'The Collective.' And there are the alliances involved in the group of collective alliances.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    For those not familiar, it can be confusing.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) Posts: 7,183US1
    edited 12.02.2013
    Lenzabi wrote: »
    "Head of the server"? really? when did Good Games decide that? there is no such thing, just top tier players and alliances scoring for the fighting/honor/building that they do. Insults? no insults Yoshie, more along the lines of observations, you do seem to have a "Hair trigger" for such things. Maybe posting in forums is not your cup of tea?

    Well, technically GGE did designate a head of the server. There are honor ranks/building point ranks for a reason. You were sort of on the lines of insulting Yoshie, and frankly, it's a waste of time at this point. You and I both know it, this is just a war of words leading into a pissing contest ;)
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    Eric we both know that there is no official designation for ":Head of the server" those rankings can change each day at the drop of a hate depending on those numbers changing. But yes, most are pretty much done with Yoshie as he seems to have a problem with certain issues, and has been as bad as he claims he has gotten so folks are putting him on "ignore".

    Now to be back on track, all non-collective alliances have a choice to sit on the sidelines(Which helps TCA a lot), or pick a side, which would help either side of the issue. I have friends who do not like that TCA does so much of what it does and has done the damage to play it has. I know plenty are willing to let the past be the past and see if this new kinder MISC really is as they say and are tired of TCA words and deeds not matching up.

    More people join to oppose the Collective of alliances means more who desire to be allowed to play their game without worrying about being "regulated" or "policed" or bossed around in any way shape or form. I posit that there are alliances using the Collective shield to push other alliances around when they normally would not alone have the power to start half the fights that they do if they were alone. It does happen, that is the downside to these massive "families" let alone the even bigger "Collective". This causes stagnation, and boredom, that can alone cause people to walk away from a game. THAT would lead to Good games losing money or players who pay.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) Posts: 7,183US1
    edited 12.02.2013
    Lenzabi wrote: »
    Eric we both know that there is no official designation for ":Head of the server" those rankings can change each day at the drop of a hate depending on those numbers changing. But yes, most are pretty much done with Yoshie as he seems to have a problem with certain issues, and has been as bad as he claims he has gotten so folks are putting him on "ignore".

    Now to be back on track, all non-collective alliances have a choice to sit on the sidelines(Which helps TCA a lot), or pick a side, which would help either side of the issue. I have friends who do not like that TCA does so much of what it does and has done the damage to play it has. I know plenty are willing to let the past be the past and see if this new kinder MISC really is as they say and are tired of TCA words and deeds not matching up.

    More people join to oppose the Collective of alliances means more who desire to be allowed to play their game without worrying about being "regulated" or "policed" or bossed around in any way shape or form. I posit that there are alliances using the Collective shield to push other alliances around when they normally would not alone have the power to start half the fights that they do if they were alone. It does happen, that is the downside to these massive "families" let alone the even bigger "Collective". This causes stagnation, and boredom, that can alone cause people to walk away from a game. THAT would lead to Good games losing money or players who pay.

    Yes, the rankings change, and so does who is the most "prestigous group." Therefore there is a claimed "Head of the game." And I know there is a head, but you seem to think not, so i'm fine with your opinion. But why would the ranks be there, if not to see who is the best, or strongest?

    How did we get talking into that, we were talking about Yoshi, and the head of the throne?
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    im comfy cozy chill in on the sides and watching y'all slug it out for the ball

    got to many lines to toe as is to be able to just jump in ><
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    Well, Eric, conversations/discussions are fluid, they never stay stuck on just the one topic forever, you ought to know that as you obviously are intelligent and well spoken. So, I did bring up the fact that sadly TCA does have "bullies" hidden amongst it's ranks, hence there is no way that TCA is immune from that issue just seems to refuse to see it as the forest for the trees issues? So what would be next for such a huge organization? an internal affairs division that only handles dealing with said internal bullies? this seems unlikely as the situation as has been stated by members of the large alliances have even admitted that some trimming needs to be done. add in that TCA is an actual game aberration that is the result of folks wanting to chat and keep in touch, but there could be other ways for that to take place that have nothing to do inside the game, make contacts outside of game and keep in touch that way? I see no way that the present paradigm is 100% good for the health of the server community. Too much in the other direction is also not likely as the saying "Too much of anything is a bad thing".
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) Posts: 7,183US1
    edited 12.02.2013
    Lenzabi wrote: »
    Well, Eric, conversations/discussions are fluid, they never stay stuck on just the one topic forever, you ought to know that as you obviously are intelligent and well spoken. So, I did bring up the fact that sadly TCA does have "bullies" hidden amongst it's ranks, hence there is no way that TCA is immune from that issue just seems to refuse to see it as the forest for the trees issues? So what would be next for such a huge organization? an internal affairs division that only handles dealing with said internal bullies? this seems unlikely as the situation as has been stated by members of the large alliances have even admitted that some trimming needs to be done. add in that TCA is an actual game aberration that is the result of folks wanting to chat and keep in touch, but there could be other ways for that to take place that have nothing to do inside the game, make contacts outside of game and keep in touch that way? I see no way that the present paradigm is 100% good for the health of the server community. Too much in the other direction is also not likely as the saying "Too much of anything is a bad thing".

    I agree. I am intellegant and well spoken. Jokes ;) Thanks, and I agree, we are all well spoken, and good at voicing our side, as if in a debate.

    No alliance is perfect. Would you think MISC/DT, and other branches as well as affiliates would not have hidden "bullies" as well? On the internal affairs note, with a regulating force of The Collective forces, I think that is actually a great idea. I think I will raise that, so that any improper doings thought by others could be raised with that group, and they can see that it is dealt with by the TCA rules for their beliefs.

    Giving away my personal info to anyone is off the table, i'll say that flat out. I also doubt others would be so quick to do so as well.

    And finally, on the, "Too much of something, is a bad thing," note. Too much money? Too much trade skills? Though, there are some examples that counter that, like too much money goes to your head. Well, in my case, I don't think it would, but you never know until it actually happens. For all you know, I could be a millionaire sitting at home, or a regular civilian sitting at work.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    I am Spartacus

    too much of anything is gluttony and gluttony is bad :(

    or so I'm told :D
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    Eric768 wrote: »
    I agree. I am intellegant and well spoken. Jokes ;) Thanks, and I agree, we are all well spoken, and good at voicing our side, as if in a debate.

    No alliance is perfect. Would you think MISC/DT, and other branches as well as affiliates would not have hidden "bullies" as well? On the internal affairs note, with a regulating force of The Collective forces, I think that is actually a great idea. I think I will raise that, so that any improper doings thought by others could be raised with that group, and they can see that it is dealt with by the TCA rules for their beliefs.

    Giving away my personal info to anyone is off the table, i'll say that flat out. I also doubt others would be so quick to do so as well.

    And finally, on the, "Too much of something, is a bad thing," note. Too much money? Too much trade skills? Though, there are some examples that counter that, like too much money goes to your head. Well, in my case, I don't think it would, but you never know until it actually happens. For all you know, I could be a millionaire sitting at home, or a regular civilian sitting at work.

    LOL! glad you can appreciate that this does not have to be so heated a debate either. ;)

    I have no illusions regarding any alliance having their shares of "Bad apples" it's just that smaller alliances can regulate said more readily and easily than the larger ones. That was the point I was getting at. BUT if the Collective were to stay together, many are upset that apparently nothing is actually done with the "Bad apples" of TCA.

    Yeah, giving any personal contact info would require a degree of major trust between folks.

    Beauty of the internet, no one is known most are anonymous. any of us could be anyone or anything.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) Posts: 7,183US1
    edited 12.02.2013
    Lenzabi wrote: »
    Beauty of the internet, no one is known most are anonymous. any of us could be anyone or anything.

    Mind mess up O_o But true. For all we know, Bill Gates could be hiding among us... Last message for the night, early rise in the morning.

    Sleep well all, i've enjoyed our chat this evening. And Raell, yes, yes you are ;)
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    Eric768 wrote: »
    Mind mess up O_o But true. For all we know, Bill Gates could be hiding among us... Last message for the night, early rise in the morning.

    Sleep well all, i've enjoyed our chat this evening. And Raell, yes, yes you are ;)

    For all you know I could be Obama! ;)

    for Raell, : Potato!
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    give me back my katanas! *shakes fist*
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 12.02.2013
    Raell Fall wrote: »
    give me back my katanas! *shakes fist*

    Hmmm, Taco?

    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"-Ozzy Osbourne
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

    No longer liking GGS games.

    To Captain Dunsel!
  • Raell FallRaell Fall Posts: 274
    edited 12.02.2013
    those who have served the revolution have plowed the sea ~ Simon Bolivar

    There is little to be understood in the minds of ridiculous men with ridiculous aims after all they are acting in their nature ~ Anonymous

    Help! Help! Ive lost my sandwich! last time i saw it i was eating it ~ a british soldier

    I... am Spartacus ~ Spartacus... plus everyone else who served him lol
    A long, long time ago...
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I’d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn’t take one more step.

    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.
Sign In to comment.