Open Letter to All Non Collective Alliances on USA1

Comments

• Punk Thug (US1)Punk Thug (US1) Posts: 433
    edited 27.01.2013
    Says alot about these threads when a guy named Troll4Life2 is telling us about forum etiquette
    Kitty says 'roaw'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Punk Thug

"Stop giving me maps!!! I want RELIC PIECES!!!"
  • edited 27.01.2013
    Punk Thug wrote: »
    Says alot about these threads when a guy named Troll4Life2 is telling us about forum etiquette

Rofl, well said Punk Thug!
    ProStrategos @ EN 1

'Heroes fight to the death, but so do fools and lunatics.'

'All my villagers said they're fed up of food. They want beer or rubies. I'm all outta beer.' - MaJeStiic

Proud General of United and a Leader of the Guild of Unity!
    United We Stand!
  • UltimateJhonUltimateJhon Posts: 767
    edited 27.01.2013
    This is interesting
    what do you achive from argueing about the war?
    what do you gain?
    i know well you gain 1000 seconds of life [take away 1000] lol 8)
    go the misc GO MISC
    General of Greek empire.

I own the fire sparta league , to join ask me , we stick together we die together.
  • UltimateStuUltimateStu Posts: 210
    edited 27.01.2013
    pmack wrote:
    And ultimatestu, You say that The MISC tried to force Maj out of the game. I wasn't there at the time so i can't comment but since that happened (i'll take your word for it) and now that Majestiic and The MISC are allies it just says that much MORE about how The MISC is changing! Obviously this didnt affect you in any way, so if anyone should be holding a grudge, it would be Maj, but he isn't. Thus, obviously, The MISC has changed....

I'm not doubting that they have possibly changed. You are right, it didn't affect me in any way, but the point of using that example was to show their character: wanting to force another player out the game for the fun of it.
    UltimateStu @ usa 1
  • Fire CastleFire Castle Posts: 619
    edited 27.01.2013
    You have my sword.

And my bow.
    International 1
    Fire Castle

This is my first dragon, please click to help it mature!
    H7t9J.gif
  • edited 27.01.2013
    I'm not doubting that they have possibly changed. You are right, it didn't affect me in any way, but the point of using that example was to show their character: wanting to force another player out the game for the fun of it.

We don't find pleasure in forcing people to quit the game, which is why we have never attempted to do so. We do, however, have fun asking people to write us short essays on random and sometimes senseless topics to end the war with our alliance. It should be noted that these are people who initiate conflict with us, declare war, and then decide that they don't want to be attacked by us anymore; we don't hand pick people and bully them into writing comical material.

Additionally, we always keep our word. If we say that will be the end of conflict, then it genuinely is. The same cannot be said for some other alliances.
  • inMiscAnnus (US1)inMiscAnnus (US1) Posts: 575
    edited 27.01.2013

And the TC character shows the same. Don't know how many PM's i got in WW3 saying we will keep attacking you till you/MISC leave GGE.

Like srs this is dumb. Everything you hate the MISC about TC has done ten fold.
    inmiscannus is right
    x2802h.gif
    edited 27.01.2013
    Yark Blo wrote:
    We don't find pleasure in forcing people to quit the game, which is why we have never attempted to do so.
    I do believe that for the majority of your members. But there are some I'm not so sure about - there were a few high level players involved in the conversation I referred to before which is why I'm so skeptical of MISC.
    Yark Blo wrote:
    We do, however, have fun asking people to write us short essays on random and sometimes senseless topics to end the war with our alliance. It should be noted that these are people who initiate conflict with us, declare war, and then decide that they don't want to be attacked by us anymore; we don't hand pick people and bully them into writing comical material.
    I actually find that hilarious!
    Yark Blo wrote:
    Additionally, we always keep our word. If we say that will be the end of conflict, then it genuinely is. The same cannot be said for some other alliances.

Not sure if there is a dig at anyone in particular there, but I do know of some alliances outside of TC that say they'll stop but continue... its something I have to deal with on a fairly regular basis (although usually just a misunderstanding or kids not paying attention).
    I also know that MISC attacked players when they said they wouldn't. After the attack there was a message basically saying oops and sorry - this happened far too many times to be accidental. A minor issue I think, but pertinent to this conversation.
    And the TC character shows the same. Don't know how many PM's i got in WW3 saying we will keep attacking you till you/MISC leave GGE.

Like srs this is dumb. Everything you hate the MISC about TC has done ten fold.

The only first hand experience I have of TC members wanting to force players out is from the players affected by Maj... understandable to a degree, but not backed by TC and not followed up on. I'd be naive to think that there isn't an element of it somewhere in the group, but I've not seen it yet (aside from the above). You can't really compare a few members messaging you a lot of talk about forcing you out the game, and a leader and some generals from one alliance playing on the emotion of influential players in other alliances.

I get that things may have changed and people may have moved on, but I'm trying to explain how/why I have my opinions (which others may share).
    UltimateStu @ usa 1
  • edited 27.01.2013
    Not sure if there is a dig at anyone in particular there, but I do know of some alliances outside of TC that say they'll stop but continue... its something I have to deal with on a fairly regular basis (although usually just a misunderstanding or kids not paying attention).
    I also know that MISC attacked players when they said they wouldn't. After the attack there was a message basically saying oops and sorry - this happened far too many times to be accidental. A minor issue I think, but pertinent to this conversation.

I was not trying to hint at any particular alliance.

Very rarely do we agree not to attack a person or group of people; a ceasefire/surrender should not be confused with a non-aggression agreement. For example, we allowed Nephilim and its branch alliances to surrender to us. A week later, I hit a player from House of Smokez (Nephilim branch alliance) and immediately got a shitstorm of messages in my inbox about how I was "breaking the ceasefire."

Allowing someone to surrender does not mean we are not allowed to attack them or their friends ever again. All it means is we aren't at war and won't be collectively making an effort to burn them to the ground.

I can't say for certain that we don't have players who do things - intentionally or unintentionally - contrary to the current orders that umbrella all of THE MISC, but that is also the reason we don't burden our 350+ players with strict parameters which they are expected to play under.. Lest we look like unorganized, moronic, giant sea creatures of legend whose suballiances frequently break their family's rules by attempting to steal resource villages.
    edited 27.01.2013
    Yark Blo wrote: »
    I was not trying to hint at any particular alliance.

Very rarely do we agree not to attack a person or group of people; a ceasefire/surrender should not be confused with a non-aggression agreement. For example, we allowed Nephilim and its branch alliances to surrender to us. A week later, I hit a player from House of Smokez (Nephilim branch alliance) and immediately got a shitstorm of messages in my inbox about how I was "breaking the ceasefire."

Allowing someone to surrender does not mean we are not allowed to attack them or their friends ever again. All it means is we aren't at war and won't be collectively making an effort to burn them to the ground.

I can't say for certain that we don't have players who do things - intentionally or unintentionally - contrary to the current orders that umbrella all of THE MISC, but that is also the reason we don't burden our 350+ players with strict parameters which they are expected to play under.. Lest we look like unorganized, moronic, giant sea creatures of legend whose suballiances frequently break their family's rules by attempting to steal resource villages.

Fair comments. Usually terms of a ceasefire/surrender has no attacks for a set time (of course that time would need to be agreed so all are aware if nothing else). I agree it shouldn't be confused with a NAA - in truth, the less NAA there are the better.

Would you and everyone else feel better if we changed from having "Rules" to having "Guidelines" ... we try to enforce our rules within our group, but of course sometimes rules are broken (although I'd hope it fell more on the unintentionally side than intentionally). Remember the rules aren't for the benefit of those being made to follow it, they are meant to benefit those on the outside. Policing the alliance to make sure rules are followed is a headache to say the least, so relaxing it would be welcomed I'm sure... is that what everyone wants?
    UltimateStu @ usa 1
  • edited 27.01.2013
    I think inter-alliance rules are fine, and I'd be a hypocrite to say what yours should be or whether or not you can have them. Our policy is to reap what you sow; if someone attacks us - whether it be taking a resource village or wiping a castle - we will return the favor tenfold. Though at the same time if one of ours picks a fight and gets his ass handed to him, he knows better than to expect us to war on his behalf. We have exiled several people from our alliance and our forums in the past for incidents wherein they picked a fight, lost, and then got pissy when we wouldn't fight their battle for them.

The problem is how quickly things can escalate on our server. We have some small fry take two of our resource villages, so we retaliate by taking four of his. Within an hour, that person's parent alliance has declared war on us along with twenty friends before asking for details or considering that the person may have gotten what he deserved.

We don't mind the fighting and I don't expect anyone would ever complain about battles themselves (most of my castles are on fire, and it doesn't bother me), but what is irritating is that wars originate from alliances whose member(s) break one or more of their self-imposed rules either unaware of uncaring of retaliation from their target(s). I'm sure it's not the case 100% of the time, but I think often these people realize that big brother will fight for them if they mess up.
  • Lord BishopLord Bishop Posts: 68
    edited 27.01.2013
    I am the leader of an alliance that has no 60's and doesn't believe in bullying. Personally, I think they should remove the capitals because there is already to much of an advantage for some alliances. If I knew this BS was going to be in this game, I never would have sank a couple of thousands of dollars into it. Yes it's a war game and that why I joined it. We have stuck up for our smaller allies and those battles generally lasted for a few hours of fun and it was over. We to were bullied when I started and allies helped us out. Here's my experiences MISC, Dream Team, The Collective and TL as an "outsider". Also, I'm known for my honestly and being upfront in real life and in this game.

1.) TL - We have been threatened by alliances that have them as allies. Well, I don't take threats if I am in the right and I have had no contact in any way with the TL.

2.) Dream Team - Not a single member in my alliance has ever been threatened or attack by them. I have spoken to a few of them and they were polite. My first contact was them being concerned that we were being bullied by a single Leviathan branch. We weren't, It was many all the time.

3.) Leviathan- We were constantly attached in the Arctic almost on a daily basis by level 60's and every single attack was 10 levels or more. I would message the leader of that branch and they say they would take care of it. Next thing I know I get multiple attacks by other branches and it got worse and worse. So Bullies, you bet!!!

4.) KasSoloMC - Leader of Leviathan. after (#3 above) I decided to message KasSoloMC and unload, which I did. I told him that his alliance was an overblown bunch of bullies and went into what was happening. I held nothing back. I admit, at first I wasn't a bold as I was at the end. He was great to deal with. We don't agree with the attacks always being 10 levels below which, I think is cowardliness, as I told him and he explained his reasons why he thought it wasn't. It was great to deal with someone Man to Man (Sorry ladies, it a saying). After that, the almost daily attacks stopped for the longest time. Now it's more like once a month in the Arctic. But it's not that way in the Sands. Leviathans and Blades are school yard bullies.

5.) MISC - I have also been contacted by the MISC when they thought we were being bullied. There may have been some single one hit battles in the past which is part of the WAR game by a level close to the level that was hit. Other than ODBM who is bulling my members in the Sands, they have been honorable to my alliance. I have not contacted ODBM yet, but by his messages to my members it sounds like it will prove to be fruitless and since I've had good relations with their other members and previous members, I don't want to rock that boat.

6.) D8athG0 - Gibs I have message him quite a few times with questions. I find him to be honorable and never had a problem wit him or his alliance. He seems to be an honorable man.

7.) Saved the WORST till the last. The Collective - As an American they should, and their allies who were involved, be stripped of their citizenship, locked up in jail with no rights by the Home Land Security which I am still considering to do! Yes we had an altercation that was all verbal threats with their so called little "investigation." There was a castle very close to our alliance. All of it's OPs were named after terrorists including osama bin laden. Did we lay waste to this terrorist lover. Heck yeah! Bullied them. Oh yeah! And I will never regret it and I am Proud of it. But it's the only time we ever did anything like that. So over a month later I get this message that the collective is finishing up their "Investigation" and they found it appalling and was going to destroy my, at the time, level 1 or 2 alliance by many alliances attacking us until we left the game. I pretty much told them to kiss my ... I had 8 relatives in those towers and who where they to tell me I was wrong. They finally saw my side, what the heck could they say!!! but they still thought the act was wrong, but left us alone. I still have contemplated on calling Home Land Security because this, as I found out the little girl, must have learned this from their parents.

In closing, as an outsider, I think the capitals are even more overkill for all those alliances with mostly level 60's that don't need it. I see some of the Leviathan branches and the collective and bullies and hypocrites. Lastly, I've only had good dealing from the Dream Team especially and MISC (except ODBM) as alliances looking out for smaller ones.

In truth, it perspective and experiences. I've heard the opposite, but I'm tired of these capitals because it holding up all the fun of the game and the allies of allies of allies has got to stop or it will be a 2 ally game. Get rid of the capitals or let each alliance build one. I've been busy trying to recruit and all I'm finding are levels 20-50 players that are giving up over this stupid war. So Ban the capitals and boot the Anti-American terrorist loving collective. There now my castle will be burned for telling the truth of what I've experienced and believe.
    Lord Bishop @ usa 1
  • edited 27.01.2013
    In truth, it perspective and experiences. I've heard the opposite, but I'm tired of these capitals because it holding up all the fun of the game and the allies of allies of allies has got to stop or it will be a 2 ally game. Get rid of the capitals or let each alliance build one. I've been busy trying to recruit and all I'm finding are levels 20-50 players that are giving up over this stupid war. So Ban the capitals and boot the Anti-American terrorist loving collective. There now my castle will be burned for telling the truth of what I've experienced and believe.

You can't boot someone from a game because of the beliefs they hold. It just doesn't work that way.
  • anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 27.01.2013
    NeoginCF wrote: »
    You can't boot someone from a game because of the beliefs they hold. It just doesn't work that way.

I don't think people express anti-american sentiment or support for terrorist organizations because of the beliefs they hold. They do it to get a rise out of people, it's called trolling.

I doubt this alleged "little girl" that Lord Bishop and his alliance attacked for her castle names really hates America or supports terrorists. She just wanted to get a rise out of people and clearly succeeded. I also doubt she was a "little girl" as that is a line I have heard quite a few times from the collective. They just use that line to garner sympathy from the masses. This isn't the first time I have heard the collective justify something by claiming they are just defending a "little girl" and I am sure it won't be the last. Seriously though how many little girls could there be playing this game?
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • edited 28.01.2013
    I don't think people express anti-american sentiment or support for terrorist organizations because of the beliefs they hold. They do it to get a rise out of people, it's called trolling.

I doubt this alleged "little girl" that Lord Bishop and his alliance attacked for her castle names really hates America or supports terrorists. She just wanted to get a rise out of people and clearly succeeded. I also doubt she was a "little girl" as that is a line I have heard quite a few times from the collective. They just use that line to garner sympathy from the masses. This isn't the first time I have heard the collective justify something by claiming they are just defending a "little girl" and I am sure it won't be the last. Seriously though how many little girls could there be playing this game?

Im a little girl. Live.Laugh.Love. <3
  • ElDog22ElDog22 Posts: 180
    edited 28.01.2013
    hey nate its dog. dont give up on the war. i believe you guys can win. i think its extremely unreasonable that they are attacking you just for leaving. btw, i thought that the misc and leviathan was at war with each other. so they are both at war with you also?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am dog.
    do not mess with me, you will regret it.
    do not mess with my alliance, you will regret it.
    do not mess with this burger, you will regret it BIG time.
  • Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 28.01.2013
    May I please come in as an outsider view?

This thread is a wild goose chase. Simple as that. You both are trying to defend yourselves and/or recruit members.

The war seems simple: The Misc got a capitol, and TC didn't want that. So, they are warring against each other. Everything else is a strategy in war. There is no such thing as a non-bullying world. It is impossible and never will be. Threats, bribes, bargains, telling(threatening) lower level players to kill their troops for the sake of the war, it happens in many wars.

But in my mind, TC is defending their declaration of the war, and the misc is hiding their true intentions.

"War of freedom" -Misc implying that TC is a dictatorship.
    "War against bullying" -TC implies that Misc are bullies who need to be cleansed.

Overall, both reasons are so similar yet so different. Both are saying that the opposition is bullying by some definition. Great war strategy is to make the others look bad and yourself look good.

But, in the end, you live, you fight, you die.
    The disgusting strategies you use in war may not be remembered. Just the victor, and there can only be 1 victor.
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • inMiscAnnus (US1)inMiscAnnus (US1) Posts: 575
    edited 28.01.2013
    ElDog22 wrote: »
    hey nate its dog. dont give up on the war. i believe you guys can win. i think its extremely unreasonable that they are attacking you just for leaving. btw, i thought that the misc and leviathan was at war with each other. so they are both at war with you also?

If you're talking about Oldn8. No Misc is not at war with him. We <3 N8!
    inmiscannus is right
    x2802h.gif
  • FamousZack9FamousZack9 Posts: 2,943
    edited 28.01.2013
    You are on the wrong side of this. I hope you realize that. Below is a message one of our members received yesterday from someone we had no previous contact with. By remaining in TC, you agree to their actions and support them 100%. No other way to look at this.

LevibulliesWOT2_zps1b856405.png

Then who's the person than? It could be a Misc person sending that.
    loapud5cb7c.png
    (Part time)

#thedreamliveson
  • Pelasion (US1)Pelasion (US1) Posts: 285
    edited 28.01.2013
    I am the leader of an alliance that has no 60's and doesn't believe in bullying. Personally, I think they should remove the capitals because there is already to much of an advantage for some alliances. If I knew this BS was going to be in this game, I never would have sank a couple of thousands of dollars into it. Yes it's a war game and that why I joined it. We have stuck up for our smaller allies and those battles generally lasted for a few hours of fun and it was over. We to were bullied when I started and allies helped us out. Here's my experiences MISC, Dream Team, The Collective and TL as an "outsider". Also, I'm known for my honestly and being upfront in real life and in this game.

1.) TL - We have been threatened by alliances that have them as allies. Well, I don't take threats if I am in the right and I have had no contact in any way with the TL.

2.) Dream Team - Not a single member in my alliance has ever been threatened or attack by them. I have spoken to a few of them and they were polite. My first contact was them being concerned that we were being bullied by a single Leviathan branch. We weren't, It was many all the time.

3.) Leviathan- We were constantly attached in the Arctic almost on a daily basis by level 60's and every single attack was 10 levels or more. I would message the leader of that branch and they say they would take care of it. Next thing I know I get multiple attacks by other branches and it got worse and worse. So Bullies, you bet!!!

4.) KasSoloMC - Leader of Leviathan. after (#3 above) I decided to message KasSoloMC and unload, which I did. I told him that his alliance was an overblown bunch of bullies and went into what was happening. I held nothing back. I admit, at first I wasn't a bold as I was at the end. He was great to deal with. We don't agree with the attacks always being 10 levels below which, I think is cowardliness, as I told him and he explained his reasons why he thought it wasn't. It was great to deal with someone Man to Man (Sorry ladies, it a saying). After that, the almost daily attacks stopped for the longest time. Now it's more like once a month in the Arctic. But it's not that way in the Sands. Leviathans and Blades are school yard bullies.

5.) MISC - I have also been contacted by the MISC when they thought we were being bullied. There may have been some single one hit battles in the past which is part of the WAR game by a level close to the level that was hit. Other than ODBM who is bulling my members in the Sands, they have been honorable to my alliance. I have not contacted ODBM yet, but by his messages to my members it sounds like it will prove to be fruitless and since I've had good relations with their other members and previous members, I don't want to rock that boat.

6.) D8athG0 - Gibs I have message him quite a few times with questions. I find him to be honorable and never had a problem wit him or his alliance. He seems to be an honorable man.

7.) Saved the WORST till the last. The Collective - As an American they should, and their allies who were involved, be stripped of their citizenship, locked up in jail with no rights by the Home Land Security which I am still considering to do! Yes we had an altercation that was all verbal threats with their so called little "investigation." There was a castle very close to our alliance. All of it's OPs were named after terrorists including osama bin laden. Did we lay waste to this terrorist lover. Heck yeah! Bullied them. Oh yeah! And I will never regret it and I am Proud of it. But it's the only time we ever did anything like that. So over a month later I get this message that the collective is finishing up their "Investigation" and they found it appalling and was going to destroy my, at the time, level 1 or 2 alliance by many alliances attacking us until we left the game. I pretty much told them to kiss my ... I had 8 relatives in those towers and who where they to tell me I was wrong. They finally saw my side, what the heck could they say!!! but they still thought the act was wrong, but left us alone. I still have contemplated on calling Home Land Security because this, as I found out the little girl, must have learned this from their parents.

In closing, as an outsider, I think the capitals are even more overkill for all those alliances with mostly level 60's that don't need it. I see some of the Leviathan branches and the collective and bullies and hypocrites. Lastly, I've only had good dealing from the Dream Team especially and MISC (except ODBM) as alliances looking out for smaller ones.

You are obviously a supporter of THE MISC and Dream Team for example, how come you commented saying you were threatened by some of TL's allies? (First of all, that has nothing to do with TL) yet you never mentioned DT's allies?
    Secondly, when you talk about THE MISC actually attacking you while Team-Legends (TL) didn't even have a direct contact with you, it's suddenly ok because it's a war game, whereas TL is terrible as their ALLIES threatened you!?
    I am only talking on behalf of Team-Legends (My alliance) as I couldn't really care that much less about what the others do. (No offense guys) What you SHOULD have stated for Team-Legends, is that they have had no contact with you, and have left you alone, as that is the complete truth
Sign In to comment.