My opinion : What is good and bad in this game ?

Comments

• HenryWarrior5HenryWarrior5 Posts: 248
    edited 06.11.2012
    guys i agree with bob and dusan both of them have great ideas! Lets not turn this into a war.
    sorry it already is!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WARRIORS WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

If you attack someone have fear even if they are 10 levels less then you....
  • HenryWarrior5HenryWarrior5 Posts: 248
    edited 06.11.2012
    40? I don't know how low a level you are but people have literally thousands of veterans in each of their 7 castles. I'm not sure how large the armies were in medieval times but a million seems quite excessive. Maybe 50 thousand but we can get that in the game, with some ruby stuff.

New units don't really factor in. You were talking about size of armies which comes down to food. And don't we have enough? - prince, swordsman, archer, spearman, bowman, crossbowman, maceman, heavy crossbowman, longbowman, halberdier, two-handed swordsman, veteran maceman, veteran spearman, veteran crossbowman, veteran bowman, travelling knight, travelling crossbowman, pyromaniac, marauder, all 4 kingsguard etc.
    lol get used to it dusan is right and the community manger is wrong he can do something about it he can add better updates such as level 6 barracks or research tower level 3 and so on we need more units no one has a chance agaisnt capital kingsgaurd and the support is unlimited
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WARRIORS WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

If you attack someone have fear even if they are 10 levels less then you....
  • edgeeeedgeee Posts: 60
    edited 27.01.2013
    Bump.
    Bob, i thank you for all the great posts you have provided here and elsewhere.
    Dusan, thanks for your thoughts. Diversity is the path to innovation.
    And communication is the key to understanding.
    But unless you believe in the power of understanding, you will always lack it's influence.
    Here's to perspective. I'll drink to that.
    edgeee @ usa 1
  • lilacwanda28lilacwanda28 Posts: 6
    edited 27.01.2013
    I really love this game - the only thing that annoy me is that you need rubies for EVERYTHING!!!! I don't want to spend 20 quid on buying more rubies!!! Of course the people that are willing to buy them are going to be on higher levels because they've been able to do more things as they have more rubies!!!
    female warrior and proud :p
  • UltimateJhonUltimateJhon Posts: 767
    edited 27.01.2013
    thought i would add the troops:
    spearmen
    bowmen
    mace
    crossbow
    archer
    swordman
    two handed sword
    heavy crossbow
    veteran macemen
    veteran crossbow
    veteran spear
    veteran bowmen
    kings guards [2 per kingdom?]
    berimond troops
    dessert warriors
    norse men [2 or 4?]
    traveling knights
    thats all i know..
    General of Greek empire.

I own the fire sparta league , to join ask me , we stick together we die together.
  • RoobinHood77777RoobinHood77777 Posts: 302
    edited 27.01.2013
    I mast say that I totally agree with this post indeed,
    nobody and nothing is perfect but even great things can always be much better and so as this game.
    When talking to GGS ridicoulos ideas there are not many of these that make me more mad then this:
    Why the hell do we have everything realistic on one side and on the other fantasy!?
    We have dragons and skeletons from real fantasy and these 2 characters are outing this game in something...
    hmmm I don't know what I mean this is not a fantasy game but it is not a realistic game too,
    so GGS please choose one of these two options:
    1.Make this game totally realistic!
    2.Make this game a complete fantasy game!
    Because this what is this game now umm well not to be too harsh but a bit has no sence.
    RoobinHood77777 @ en 1

Now part of the NEMESIS!

"To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction",Isaac Newton. ;)
  • rulernerdrulernerd Posts: 8
    edited 08.02.2013
    i completely agree its all optional u can just leave these "money wasting" events alone and just ignore them and the shady character is also really good but once i was supposed to get 5,000 rubies for a mission but i didn't get it:(
    rulernerd @ usa 1
  • Jonathan TJonathan T Posts: 2
    edited 08.02.2013
    I think Armies must travel faster and constructing should take less time
    Jonathan T @ WWW 2
  • Jonathan TJonathan T Posts: 2
    edited 08.02.2013
    I also think you should make it so that bad words are not promitted
    Jonathan T @ WWW 2
  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 09.02.2013
    Pathetically said. I can't even begin to describe how stupid the list of bad things is. Actually, I think I will:

*PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL OF THESE NUMBERS REFER TO THE LIST OF BAD THINGS*

1 - If you are going to complain, get it right. It's melee and ranged. There are NOT 2 types of troops in this game. There are about 30. Swordsmen, archers, macemen, crossbowmen, bowmen, spearmen etc. And, if you want to go by "types of types of troops", then there are at least 4: melee attack, melee defence, ranged attack, ranged defence.

2 - What is wrong with tools and units? You use units as the base and add tools for the bonuses. Lots of games use similar things. You never said what was wrong with it - you just said it was wrong.

3 - Ruby players pay for this game. Oh, wait a second... "ruby player" means nothing. It could be a person who bought 2500 rubies; it could be a person who has bought 2500 million rubies. STOP STEREOTYPING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT RUBIES. But, anyway, people buying rubies pays for this game. Shut up - the advantage is perfectly fine (and I have NEVER bought a single ruby). 1 person who has bought rubies can only defeat 60 players who haven't bought rubies if the 60 players are a much lower level or have very little intelligence. I don't understand the last bit - you might want to try and speak ENGLISH.

4 - As you said yourself, this is a war game. Attacking players does not make you a bully. Don't get upset just because you have to repair fires. If it takes you weeks, then you are fairly inactive - I will have repaired 32 fires (most of which took at least 2 hours to put out) by the end of this day - the 4th day since the attack where 1000 troops beat me.

5 - The goal in this game is to get to level 60, max out all 7 of your castles, get 90 villages, complete all the quests, help your alliance members and defeat players and NPCs. I don't understand what the problem is.

6 - Every single filter that has ever existed is flawed because it occasionally picks up bits of words as bad language, and can be gotten around easily. I can copy and paste from and to messages and the alliance chat. You might want to make sure that you are pressing "Ctrl + C" or "Ctrl + V" because computers are not psychic.

7 - GGS creativity is terrible. I agree with you on that.

8 - Have you seen how much there is on this forum? I got back after a week's holiday and I am still not even close to reading all the posts that people have made while I was away. Just a few CMs cannot possibly be expected to do so much when they already have a full-time job. Even I am struggling and I have no life.

9 - They are fixing the bug. You complaining does not speed anything up.

10 - There is NOT a bug with every update (note how it's "update" not "upgrade"). Just some of the big ones, and again, your complaining does not solve anything.

11 - THE RBC ATTACK IS BASED ON YOUR LEVEL. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL?

12 - The Icy Siege and the Thorn King were both optional. You don't have to do them. I missed the Icy Siege. Sodid many other players. Instead of repeating the event, they made something new. So STOP COMPLAINING.

13 - The events do not waste money. The shady character got me 300 rubies and 15,000 coins one time. These events are all optional.

14 - I don't know what you are talking about with the quests. You don't have to listen to the storyline and the quests draws attention to new buildings so newbies can advance.

15 - All games of this type are like this. If you do not like this type of MMORPG, quit it. There was no need for you to say the words "building" and "upgrading" so much.

16 - There is no lag for me. It's probably either your browser, your computer or flash so IT'S NOT GGS' FAULT.

17 - Glory and honour should be enough, but if you don't like that then how about loot (the main source of resources for some players)?

18 - So what? What do you want to put fires out with? Because GGS are not going to create water as a new resource.

19 - There are 4 titles (leader, general, seargent, member). This is better than 2. Why do we need more titles?

20 - They said they are working on new things for alliances. Capital cities are something an alliance should do together. They do not have to copy everything another game does - you mentioned something about no creativity being a problem, and now you want them to steal all their ideas from someone else. Make up your mind.

21 - People are complaining about group alliances (I think someone called them wing-to-wing alliances). How do we solve that problem? According to you, make the number of members unlimited and make it free. What a dumb idea.

22 - There is no alliance logo. Deal with it. It's just another thing that's only purpose is to be aesthetically pleasing, and we don't need it.

23 - Hideouts are useful for low level players. They protect resources from being hidden. You do not have to build any - there isn't even a single quest for them, so there is nothing to complain about.

24 - That's the leader's fault. What do you want GGS to do? They cannot control the minds of their players. They could make an alliance into a complete dictatorship but I don't think anyone would want that.

25 - The other soldiers do not become useless. They become less powerful. Why did you not make this complaint with 2HS and HCB replacing mace and xbow? In every game, things are replaced later with better things. Items of clothing, spell cards etc. You were complaining about this game not using an idea from another game. Now they have, and it's a much more important idea which is much more widely used, and you COMPLAIN about it? That's just rubbish.

26 - Swordsmen are the worst unit in the game. There has to be a worst unit in the game, otherwise there would be no units in the game at all. You do not need to recruit swordsmen, so don't. No-one is forcing you to.

27 - The point of sword brothers is to get you spies and commanders. They have nothing to do with "friends", so I do not understand what on Earth your last comment could mean.

Bottom line:

If you are going to complain, get your facts right. Try and use different vocabulary - you used the word "stupid" 3 times in one sentence and 9 times in the whole post. If you can't do that, at least learn English. "Men" is NOT close to "melee", "weak" means "not strong" and does not measure time, "ca" sounds like a sound coming from a crow and your punctuation is horrendous. And why did you need bold or italics or underlining during any part of that post?

Try and learn the meaning of the word OPTIONAL. You don't have to do most of the things that you mentioned. Tents, monthly events and even recruiting certain troops are all OPTIONAL.

You're a pathetic, deranged, angry person. I think you must literally be the most vile person to ever post on this forum. You start your post picking up on how he spells words, then tell him that he should vary his vocabulary, and then end by telling him he should learn English. I apologise to you sincerely that not everyone speaks as good English as you do. Yes, I'm joking. I don't know what horrible little dark room you've been cooped up in all your life, but there are other nationalities out there were English isn't their native tongue. In fact it even says in his info that he is currently in Serbia - perhaps he's Serbian and doing his best? I find what you've said to the original poster at times insulting, rude an arrogant. Picking up that someone has used the word 'stupid' three times - what the hell does that have to do with anything? Saying, '"ca" sounds like a sound coming from a crow and your punctuation is horrendous.' is ridiculous - how old are you? It seriously sounds like you're some stuck up 14 year old kid who thinks he's all cool because he's just come out of an English lesson and understands commas for the first time. Stop insulting people or get the hell off the forum.

As for your response - he specifically asked for creative posts. Yours is far from that. On half of your responses you've just said something along the lines of, 'deal with it', or 'stop complaining'. I'm afraid sir that if nobody ever complained about things nothing would ever change - if you've been taking any notice of anything in the outside world, even in the past year, you would see this to be true.

Whether his post is a valid one or not, you should show a little more respect for a person's ideas, and the person themselves. I understand what you've said was posted quite a while ago, but you should definitely go back and apologise.

P.s. Saying, 'There has to be a worst unit in the game, otherwise there would be no units in the game at all.' literally makes no sense at all. There does not have to be a worst unit. Units should be worse in certain areas, and more proficient in others, but every unit should have their own advantages and disadvantages. You would not expect 'the worst unit' to be a unit you can recruit on the 3rd phase of your Barracks (out of 5).

Sam
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,444
    edited 09.02.2013
    I'm replying to Dusan's reply to my original reply to his original post, if that makes sense.

Bottom part:

You don't try to learn English - I pointed out the correct spelling of "melee", and you failed to use it again. What is your first language, anyway?

You use bold, italics and underline for emphasis, but the points you used those features on seemed completely random.

I really hate how you insult him for not being a gret English speaker

Even though you did not know English is his first language,take the time to think about how the person may feel.I bet you wouldn't have the guts to say all of that to Dusan in real life,so don't say it over the internet.
  • edited 14.02.2013
    I think there should be a way that you can change the outcome of a battle. Example- You can buy units and have equipment, and all that, but you can not change the outcome of a battle all you do is send 1,000 men and call it a day. I think you should be able to fight in the battles, or control the units from above and command them. This idea, would bring so many people into the game and make it a lot MORE fun. But GGS Does not listen to good ideas and suggestions, it just irritates me. I think GGS Needs to start listing to good ideas from the people that play this game.

And I wish you could make your own troops, like customized troops and them add them into the barracks to use them in battle. You can gather equipment from RBC And use that equipment to make the best troops. NO RUBIES INCLUDED!!!!!
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 14.02.2013
    America99 wrote: »
    I think there should be a way that you can change the outcome of a battle. Example- You can buy units and have equipment, and all that, but you can not change the outcome of a battle all you do is send 1,000 men and call it a day. I think you should be able to fight in the battles, or control the units from above and command them. This idea, would bring so many people into the game and make it a lot MORE fun. But GGS Does not listen to good ideas and suggestions, it just irritates me. I think GGS Needs to start listing to good ideas from the people that play this game.

And I wish you could make your own troops, like customized troops and them add them into the barracks to use them in battle. You can gather equipment from RBC And use that equipment to make the best troops. NO RUBIES INCLUDED!!!!!

If you could control every battle, it would mean both sides have to be online and controlling troops, otherwise it wouldn't be fair. I would be impossible to do this for some people who have 5 or more attacks out, or are getting mass attacked. Also the equipment system is actually very complex, you cause it to win battles(for example, with a really good commander 900 men can beat 2,032).

Making your own troops doesn't seem like it's needed in my opinion, they would just be different versions of the default soldiers.
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 14.02.2013
    evets4 wrote: »
    If you could control every battle, it would mean both sides have to be online and controlling troops, otherwise it wouldn't be fair. I would be impossible to do this for some people who have 5 or more attacks out, or are getting mass attacked. Also the equipment system is actually very complex, you cause it to win battles(for example, with a really good commander 900 men can beat 2,032).

Making your own troops doesn't seem like it's needed in my opinion, they would just be different versions of the default soldiers.

If you are not online in the computer would automatically control your troops. And if you are getting massed attacked, then you could only pick one battle.
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 14.02.2013
    America99 wrote: »
    If you are not online in the computer would automatically control your troops. And if you are getting massed attacked, then you could only pick one battle.

That's not fair for the defense then because all the attackers can control their troops but the defense can't.
    And how would the computer control your men?
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 14.02.2013
    evets4 wrote: »
    That's not fair for the defense then because all the attackers can control their troops but the defense can't.
    And how would the computer control your men?

If you are getting attacked by 5 different people, you control one battle. And having the computer control your men, is like what we have now. Except the attacker gets to control his. Do you know a game called medieval total war?
  • rishabh7722rishabh7722 Posts: 51
    edited 14.02.2013
    I COMPLETEY AGREE WITH YOU! {dusan}

GGS only want's to make money from player who purchase ruby and make them powerful and powerful.

They have to use some money to improve this game!!

This is the best threat i ever seen in this fourm :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rishabh7722 @ in 1
    Alliance: SHIV SENA
    Level:70
    Title:the Terrible
  • HigurdHigurd Posts: 1
    edited 15.02.2013
    pfft ... >P. Chill out a little. Don't take forum 2 seriously >P xD
    Besides, don't try to argue with idiots. you will never win since they just drag you to their level xD

i agree with Bobfighter834 though. Dusan is just whining about the fact he doesnt know how 2 play >P for
    example "4) too much big punishment if you lose in war " how can there be 2 big punishment for losing war ? you should be gratefull for not going in ruins when you lose >P
    Just troll passing by
  • edited 15.02.2013
    Higurd wrote: »
    pfft ... >P. Chill out a little. Don't take forum 2 seriously >P xD
    Besides, don't try to argue with idiots. you will never win since they just drag you to their level xD

i agree with Bobfighter834 though. Dusan is just whining about the fact he doesnt know how 2 play >P for
    example "4) too much big punishment if you lose in war " how can there be 2 big punishment for losing war ? you should be gratefull for not going in ruins when you lose >P

There is big punishment when you lose a battle. When I lose a battle it takes me days to repair the buildings, it is like your castle is in ruins.

PS This thread was really thought of and was really well done, you should respect the one who made this thread. Oh and think before you write, I beg of you
  • charlsie252charlsie252 Posts: 1
    edited 06.03.2013
    !!! important !!! !!! somebody do something about this ASAP !!!

for those of us who are equipment farmers, the 30-60 minutes it takes to attack a robber baron's castle any more than 2 miles away, 2 1/2 hours before it can be re-attacked, slow recruitment and high cost (30 soldiers are hard to come by at level 10, with the cost of approx. 1200 coins )of soldiers are major deductions to the gaming quality...
    we are not capable of gaining our maximum exhilaration from this game, which may remove some potential ruby buyers.

Sincerely,
    the players of your product
    charlsie25 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.