Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!


ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.


If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Rubies and such

WerebereusWerebereus Posts: 20
Is it just me...or are some of the things in the game just...annoying.

Rubies for example. Some things in this game should not have to cost rubies to have. They should costs coins. The only thing you spend the coin itself on is war and making soliders and perhaps some other thing or two but that shouldn't just be it. It should not costs rubies to...


Changing The Coat of Arms: Your coat of arms has no effect on gameplay whats so ever. So WHY in the world does it cost 2500 rubies to have it changed? It should be free, simply costs coins, of if it MUST costs rubies it shouldn't be THAT many rubies. Perhaps it costs 5 rubies to change?
Make Building Production Faster
*Correct me if im wrong, but when people walk out of buildings with a little dialogue bubble over their heads with wood, stone, or money in them, are they stealing supplies? Im not sure, the game never really explains this, but there is one thing I DO know. Citizens build the buildings of the city, and I'm sure they'd work much faster if they were paid coins for their efforts (that tax money has to come from somewhere). There should be an "Entice Workers" option in which gold can be used for faster production. Once again, rubies should not be neccesary for this.
Ending Tax Collecting Early That should not costs anything at all. Period.
Bribing the Tax Collector The reason your money goes missing if you aren't there fast enough to get it plain as day (if you're a moron though, the answer is: HES TAKING IT WHILE YOU'RE GONE) so WHY would we give him the more valuable rubies in return for the more useless coins? Admins, do you honestly think we're that stupid?
Rubies to Gold/Vice Versa
I notice theirs a little guy who flits around and appears from time to time offering you this, but in truth, converting should be avalaible all the time. And shouldn't be one sides either.
Renting Slots Renting? Why not buying so I'll never have to rent again? It's MY castle. Why am I renting things in my OWN castle? Thats like owning a house and not being able to go in certain rooms unless I 'pay' to go in them -- it's stupid and annoying. Renting things as a whole should just be gone. Units, Buildings, just no. Either give it to me to keep or get it away from me.
The King's Banner I don't understand why I have to buy this to show I support you all. My money doesn't prove my loyalty, my time online an activity does however. On the same hand...there s nothing scary about the banner i have not rimmed with gold and ticked with a little feather. Just...what?
Things actually deserving of rubies are
Protection Mode
: Although it should NOT costs that much.
Special Units: As in War Units. The marauder for example, but again, too expensive.
* A Royal Gaurd Would be nice. They'd be like city gaurds, only they'd stay inside the keep and gaurd the player. In adition to that, a castle should not fall to ruin unless it's leader is destroyed by a Robber Baron Castle or Another Player, and upon destroying that player, the opposing player should get a hefty sum of honor/glory and take EVERYTHING that player had so it won't go to waste -- that means Rubies, Gold, ect.



Conclusions: The GoodEmpire Studio is making no secret at all that they want money. And of course they do, we all do, but must they be so painfully OBVIOUS about it? They are being inconspicious at all and it makes me develop a distate for them. At every turn, every time you log on it's just "RUBIES HALF OFF COME GET THEM" "THIS COST [INSERT NUMBER HERE] RUBIES" "YOU DONT HAVE ANY RUBIES. COME BUY SOME." And it's so annoying and just makes me NOT want to buy anything. If I WANT to buy rubies, then I will, not when you yell at me to get some. Jesus.
Post edited by Werebereus on
Liodenbanner1.png
«1

Comments

  • beiber feverbeiber fever Posts: 281
    edited 18.10.2012
    That is how they make money. And it seems to be working so they are not going to change it. If there are no ruby items that means no money for GGS which means no more updates and nobody wants that. And most of the things you said have flaws in them. Just think about for a second.

    Tax collection: if tax collection was not rubies and it was free people could keep selecting 10 mins and just cancelling right away and make a ton of cash.

    The kings banner: You dont have to buy it, it is just a way to show off how rich you are.

    Buying slots: if you bought them that would be so expensive. If you were able to buy them it would give big ruby such a huge advantage because they would have constant solts for everything.

    Special units: They cost resources

    rubies to gold: This must have been suggested 50 times. And anyway who would want that rubies are way more valuable

    building production: Those little people have nothing to do. They are just a little random bonus for people who play alot. You can already make your building faster by upgrading your keep

    Coat of Arms: Like i said before that is how they make money. If you arent satisfied with your coat of arms you should of thought about it when you made it

    Bribing the tax collector: well first of all the forum administrator have nothing to do with this.The reason they have the bribe so that maybe if you for get or dont want to pay rubies for 12 or 24 hour tax times the money will still be there to collect where originally you have missed it. also if you bribe you get a 20% bonus which is pretty high and really helps building troops.

    And remember only one idea per post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You're an even bigger buzz kill than buzz killington!"
    Find me at international 1! 992:497. Or on miniclip my user is harenjiform! Proud member of STEEL sword.
  • WerebereusWerebereus Posts: 20
    edited 18.10.2012
    I know that's how they make money. I know that.

    Not a Ton of Cash. Ten Minutes doesn't get you that much money. And again, so what? Coins aren't worth much in this game to begin with.

    No. The Banner's Purpose clearly states "Show your support for the team". Perhaps you should go back and read.

    Then maybe everyone who DOESN'T buy rubies should suck it up or get with the program. Alternatively, I've been thinking players with a certain amount of rubies shouldn't be able to interact much with players that have fewer rubies.

    No, they costs RUBIES.

    I do, hence thats why me and 50 other people suggested it *facepalm*

    NO. The Citizens and their public relations (that green/red meter at the top) have everything to do with production. Have you even played this game?

    Oh, im completely satisfied with mine. But im just saying -- it shouldn't cost that much to make another one. It just shouldn't. It doesn't help me or my castle -- why am i paying for it? And thats not a satisfactory answer. At all.

    Your english and grammar are terrible -- I have NO CLUE what you just said.
    Liodenbanner1.png
  • beiber feverbeiber fever Posts: 281
    edited 20.10.2012
    i'll have you know i speak english fluently. I think you are just a little mad because i said all your ideas were bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You're an even bigger buzz kill than buzz killington!"
    Find me at international 1! 992:497. Or on miniclip my user is harenjiform! Proud member of STEEL sword.
  • edited 20.10.2012
    i agree with beiber fever.werebeus your acting childish and dont say anything about my english thats not my languae.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] LIKE A BOSS!
  • mihajlo97mihajlo97 Posts: 1,180
    edited 20.10.2012
    they wont change it because thats how they make money why would they listen to the people when you can listen to the money[you know i am write]
    mihajlo97;)
    @ international 1
    Member of the Inferno family 8)
  • WerebereusWerebereus Posts: 20
    edited 11.01.2013
    ...All three of you have terrible english. Terrible english and no rebuttals at all. So ill just ignore you.
    Liodenbanner1.png
  • Noble_MattNoble_Matt Posts: 39
    edited 11.01.2013
    For a start it is I'll. Most of these ideas have been suggested before.

    Changing the coat of arms: Exactly I agree. No bonus if you change it so don't change it!

    Production: I like it the way it is. With renting you are basically using another builder from somewhere else. In real life I cannot buy a builder!

    Rubies to Gold: Ok Why not? It is realistic.

    Kings Banner: Why worry. It means nothing.
    Noble_Matt @ WWW 1
  • The Epic DudeThe Epic Dude Posts: 555
    edited 11.01.2013
    Noble_Matt wrote: »
    For a start it is I'll. Most of these ideas have been suggested before.

    Changing the coat of arms: Exactly I agree. No bonus if you change it so don't change it!

    Production: I like it the way it is. With renting you are basically using another builder from somewhere else. In real life I cannot buy a builder!

    Rubies to Gold: Ok Why not? It is realistic.

    Kings Banner: Why worry. It means nothing.

    In real life u hire people for money same thing
    IM a noob.



    Dont ask me anything



    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Epic DudeThe Epic Dude Posts: 555
    edited 11.01.2013
    Werebereus wrote: »
    ...All three of you have terrible english. Terrible english and no rebuttals at all. So ill just ignore you.

    It doesnt matter if they have bad '' GGE wasnt formed from the English. No offence'' .

    If u can understand nothing matters.
    IM a noob.



    Dont ask me anything



    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 11.01.2013
    Werebereus wrote: »
    ...All three of you have terrible english. Terrible english and no rebuttals at all. So ill just ignore you.

    How about you just stop going on this website (not the website in which the game is on)? You are generally being a prick to people who have typed nothing bad towards you but have commented about your post. Eventhough Beiberfever did type that all of your ideas were flawed, but he/she was probably right.
    Werebereus wrote:
    Protection Mode
    : Although it should NOT costs that much.

    It is free to start off with -_-.
    Werebereus wrote:
    Your english and grammar are terrible -- I have NO CLUE what you just said.

    If you did not know what the person typed, then why does it seem like you knew what the person typed from what was typed in your comment? You are a funny idiot.

    In any case, grammar criticism is not needed. So either you stop it or you can simply go away. Grammar critics are also bullies.
  • Gaz The BossGaz The Boss Posts: 521
    edited 11.01.2013
    Most of the people on this forum are not english, so criticising their english grammar should only come after you speak just as well on their native language as they speak yours. This forum includes uk, usa, ww1 and ww2 servers, so just get over it if someone misspells(dont know if its correct) something not using proper grammar. I have tons of british friends but believe me my written english is far better than theirs lol
    Gaz The Boss @ en 1
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 11.01.2013
    Well said Gaz. Also, you don't get to criticize others for poor grammar when your opening two sentences are grammatically incorrect.
    Werebereus wrote: »
    Is it just me...or are some of the things in the game just...annoying.
    Rubies for example.
    As for the suggestions, while you veil it thinly as some kind of criticism of how unrealistic the game is, I think that the real point is that you want more rubies or you want rubies to have less benefit to those who pay for them. If this really is a critique of the game's realism, then you should probably get over it as this is just a game. If it is, as I suspect, a rant about wanting rubies then you should have done a search and read on all the other threads about rubies why they are here to stay.

    Yes, GGS make no secret that they want to make money just as every other company makes no secret of that fact and I really am not sure what your problem is with them being obvious about it is. Would you prefer that they were sneaky and underhanded about getting money?
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • DanceRulerDanceRuler Posts: 828
    edited 12.01.2013
    The ideas you wrote are all against rubies and it is a no from me except ending tax collecting early.
    DR @en1...... Hi all
    "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness."
    -Mother Teresa
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 12.01.2013
    For the Coat of Arms,they are teaching you a life lesson:Always be sure before making a desicion because theres no turning back

    Now get this in your head:No rubies bought,NO GAME.If ya don't like it,dont play it!!!! Simple as that brah
  • fdgfgfg3fdgfgfg3 Posts: 432
    edited 12.01.2013
    something tells me werebereus cannot afford a single ruby...

    Here is something i want to ask Werebereus:

    Q: In Real life do you get free workers to build?
    A: No you don't! You pay Money/Rubies plus the resources! Your lucky GGS isnt charging us 3 Rubies to build or upgrade a building!

    Q: Is anything free in Real Life?
    A: NO! Suck it up buttercup!

    Q: If you owned this game how would you fell if someone posted this?
    A: I bet you would cry till you die!

    Q: 1 Rubie to 1000 Gold is worth?
    A: Not even close!!! that is like a 100$ bill for 100 Pennys (100 Pennys = 1$)

    Q: renting slots cost rubies? That is just stupid!
    A: It's not stupid! Imagine you had 5 Workers, Rubies is cash! To get 5 more workers to work for you, you need to pay them Rubies/Cash! If not who would work for you? If you say everyone, Your hired to Do anything i say. Paycheck for you $0

    Q: Why the hell does protection mode cost soo much?
    A: Why the hell is there even protection mode? Imagine you are a soilder in World War 1, you are about to get shot by a AK47! You pay 50$ to go on protection mode?!?!? NO! You die!!!

    Q: Why does end tax collection cost rubies? Ending tax is Stupid!
    A: It is not stupid you ding bag! Imagine you tax 5/50 Houses and you stop the tax collection, the 5 would be angry that they paid $$$ to you and the other 45 didn't! there fore you pay 50 Rubies to the 5 houses to replace the coins they paid!
    What if i charged you 5$ and i didn't charge anyone else? I would have to give you 5$ back! (I wouldn't give it back)

    Q: Why does GGS charge soo much? This is BS!!!
    A: this is not BS!!! If This was your job and noone bought rubies then you wouldn't have a paycheck! No rubies no money! no money no game! No game no fun!
    Rising sun Recruiting, mesage jussi or ejm for invite and information!
    P.S i am not in rising sun
  • blabbyblabby Posts: 564
    edited 12.01.2013
    Werebereus wrote: »
    ...All three of you have terrible english. Terrible english and no rebuttals at all. So ill just ignore you.

    YOU talk about terrible grammer and english, yet you can't spell 'I will' properly (You used ill as in sick). "So ill just ignore you." By the way learn to take a little critism. And don't say I have poor grammer either, because I just proved you have worse grammer.


    P.S. It was quite rude and cruel of you to insult other people about their grammer, and because of that you dismissed their comments.

    P.P.S. Your ideas were already suggested and I only agree with one, ending tax collection should NOT cost rubies.
    Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn
    Blabby @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordsaruman (US1)lordsaruman (US1) US1 Posts: 926
    edited 12.01.2013
    Obviously, you dont know how much it costs to run a server. It costs hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month just to make sure we enjoy the game. Also, nobody on this forum does not need to see any childish or immature behaivor. If you don't like criticism, then don't make a suggestion, and furthermore, if you don't like playing this game, then dont play it.
    Lordsaruman int'1 former US1 member

    Big bad scary war marshall of Pirates LOW

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 2KOOL4U2KOOL4U Posts: 4
    edited 12.01.2013
    she/he is absoulutly rite, the admins need to make alot of the ruby options into gold coin options, because, truthfully, no1 uses rubies on anything exept for bakeries. but the bakeries r ridiculously expensive in rubies so cut the cost of a lvl.1 bakery by 65% and make 75% of the "king's market" option into gold spendings. If u dont, u shud b shamd because u r making the game lamer 4 others (even tho i still luv the game personally) and u shud feel guilty by cheap-shooting ppl wen they dont even buy anything w/ real money in the first place.



    SO ADMINS PLZ LOOK AT WEREBEREUS, THANK U.
    2KOOL4U @ usa 1
  • Jambrumac (US1)Jambrumac (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 12.01.2013
    No, it's a terrible idea because then there would be less reason for people to buy rubies which will in turn decrease some of the advantages of this game because they won't be able to make as much profit. Many of the things mentioned would probably decrease the ability for GGE to allow people to play for free so I don't agree with any of them. And that's being said by a non-ruby buyer.
    jimmie mac @ usa 1
  • Lord GrumpLord Grump Posts: 14
    edited 22.03.2013
    Gold is well-nigh worthless.
    I am willing to suspend my disbelief. I am unwilling to hang it by the neck until dead.
Sign In to comment.