Home Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New zombie story

Comments

• DomovoiDomovoi Posts: 266
    edited 11.01.2013
    See my post #497
    Domovoi @ usa 1
    edited 11.01.2013
    evets4 wrote: »
    Hey Domovoi, Evets asked Kitty if he should leave, or stay with her. I don't think I got a response from that.

Kitty is unconscious so it's difficult for her to reply, however, the king has need of you. He wants you to make sure Kitty does not disappear in the night! Feel free to make a neophyte or two show up so you have something to do :)
    Domovoi @ usa 1
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 11.01.2013
    Domovoi wrote: »
    Kitty is unconscious so it's difficult for her to reply, however, the king has need of you. He wants you to make sure Kitty does not disappear in the night! Feel free to make a neophyte or two show up so you have something to do :)

Wait, how'd that happen?
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElfangorElfangor Posts: 3,974
    edited 11.01.2013
    As soon as Elfangor received the letters, he reported his findings to Prince Seerow. King Lorio was dealing with Slayman Vol, so the Prince thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go pestering him (dealing with vampires is a stressful business after all). Seerow rounded up the relief troops that had been waiting for the Training Show to be completed. Each man was fully armed and fully loaded with supplies that would be greatly appreciated at the Western Borders, and they moved out as soon as the gates were opened.

Elfangor was readying Quester when Seerow arrived at the Stables. "What are you up to? Aren't you going to stay to help with the vampire?!" Seerow wasn't usually mad, but today hadn't been easy. "The Western Borders need me, sire." Elfangor explained, "Those attacks were serious, so I think the presence of a Royal Spy would help even the odds!" The Prince nodded...

The relief army moved as fast as it could with so much weighing down the troops, but Elfangor was constantly ahead of them, scouting. Fortunately, there were no attacks along the way, so they made it to the Fortresses in record time!

Elfangor went straight to Tobald's study. "Hello! I was expecting another letter, but this surprise is surely a pleasant one. My troops need Empi, for the Fortresses are a sorrow-filled place. I'll send them off right away!" Tobald's eyes widened when he first caught sight of Elfangor, but the expression was gone quickly (you had to expect the unexpected when dealing with Spies). "Anything to help, Commander. I've come to assist you in seeing attacks earlier, and I will explore where your soldiers will not. Tonight, I hike into the Mountains of Mor..." Elfangor was determined.

Tobald knew that arguing with Elfangor was useless. The two had worked together many times, so each knew the other well! When darkness fell, the Spy journeyed alone into the untamed wilderness of the Mountains of Mor!

Blazac was waiting...
    Check out my story! The First Ruby Buyer
  • Sgt. HammerSgt. Hammer Posts: 1,642
    edited 11.01.2013
    (Achcuahtli signalled his units to stop. Screams of pain are heard echoing in the air while they wait. Anger twists the General's face as the Lieutenant taps him on the shoulder.)

Lieutenant: We are close sir. But those screams sound like they are coming from above. We must find that Sigmund man before making our move on Slayman Vol.

(Achcuahtli nods his head. His soldiers file past him as the Lieutenant leads them. Hearing a rock fall behind him he turns to see a figure dash off into the shadows. He yells after it.)

General Achcuahtli: Demon! Refuse of Hell! You will feel Guillotine's (his macuahuitl's name) bite soon enough!

(Swinging Guillotine over his shoulder he jogs after his men.)
    edited 11.01.2013
    Elfangor wrote: »
    As soon as Elfangor received the letters, he reported his findings to Prince Seerow. King Lorio was dealing with Slayman Vol, so the Prince thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go pestering him (dealing with vampires is a stressful business after all). Seerow rounded up the relief troops that had been waiting for the Training Show to be completed. Each man was fully armed and fully loaded with supplies that would be greatly appreciated at the Western Borders, and they moved out as soon as the gates were opened.

Elfangor was readying Quester when Seerow arrived at the Stables. "What are you up to? Aren't you going to stay to help with the vampire?!" Seerow wasn't usually mad, but today hadn't been easy. "The Western Borders need me, sire." Elfangor explained, "Those attacks were serious, so I think the presence of a Royal Spy would help even the odds!" The Prince nodded...

The relief army moved as fast as it could with so much weighing down the troops, but Elfangor was constantly ahead of them, scouting. Fortunately, there were no attacks along the way, so they made it to the Fortresses in record time!

Elfangor went straight to Tobald's study. "Hello! I was expecting another letter, but this surprise is surely a pleasant one. My troops need Empi, for the Fortresses are a sorrow-filled place. I'll send them off right away!" Tobald's eyes widened when he first caught sight of Elfangor, but the expression was gone quickly (you had to expect the unexpected when dealing with Spies). "Anything to help, Commander. I've come to assist you in seeing attacks earlier, and I will explore where your soldiers will not. Tonight, I hike into the Mountains of Mor..." Elfangor was determined.

Tobald knew that arguing with Elfangor was useless. The two had worked together many times, so each knew the other well! When darkness fell, the Spy journeyed alone into the untamed wilderness of the Mountains of Mor!

Blazac was waiting...

Blazac welcomed Elfangor into his cave. "Ah" he said satisfactorily picking a cows thy bone from his teeth, "everything is working out quite well except for one little thing...those foreigners. I don't trust them, I don't like them, I want them off my shores...or on my side. But I shall deal with them presently." The dragon paused, "I woke Slayman Vol, I trust you have had contact with him?"

King Lorio stepped up to his mount, a large Black winged brown torsoed griffon. He wore full plate armor which he carried himself in with ease, and a great sword strapped to his belt. Several javelins were in a sheath tied securely at three points to his saddle bag. His personal guards were mounting their griffons as well.

"I cannot wait long master Achuatli, but you may come with us." He spoke to thin air, but the king was not blind nor was he dumb. He knew Achuatli would not leave with his ships, and several more griffons from the Impirial Aviary had been brought for the general and his guards. "Perhaps this is the time to earn each others trust. I cannot wait more than a few moments. Kaitlyn, I can hear her screams."
    Domovoi @ usa 1
    edited 11.01.2013
    Achcuahtli: I have an idea. (he scans his guards until he finds one. He is a clearly older veteran, slightly bent with age.) He is my Elder Shaman. He is deaf, but he does not need to hear. He is blind, but he sees what we can not. Get him onto the roof. He'll make sure those devils don't have a home to return to should any escape. Mount up!
    (His guards follow his example as they mount 5 griffins, one to control the animal while the other would shoot at any enemies.)

Achcuahtli: Lead the way, King Lorio.
    edited 11.01.2013
    I'll view your posts in the afternoon tomorrow, but here is the prompt. Remember not to get too hasty. I'll tell you where Slayman Vol is, but don't go and kill him in some epic one on one. You have to get past about 200 ghouls first then you have to fight his now 20 neophytes, and then and only then will you be able to engage him in combat we'll take it one step at a time.

As they draw nearer to the manor they can here the screams more clearly, they can also make out the sounds made by a whip, each one punctuated by a girl's cry of agony.

The griffons clear a space in the courtyard, by picking up ghouls and slaying them. A few of Lorio's professional body guards toss fire pots into the courtyard scaring the ghouls and causing them to momentarily scurry back. The griffons land, the riders dismount, and the fight begins. Achautli is impressed by King Lorio's skill. He had expected the king to be soft like so many of the rulers he had seen on his way to the capitol, but King Lorio fought with the skill of a seasoned soldier. His body guards were no less impressive. Achautli had yet to see a ghoul do more than swat a soldiers arm greaves. Some fought with halberds, others used swords, 1 man swung a great axe cleaving ghouls in an assortment of proportional halves.
    But the King has no fire of battle in his eyes, only determination. There is no anger, actually the king looked quite calm though very determined. Then Achautli found out why as King Lorio yelled encouragement to his men. "Never attack in anger! Anger makes you foolish and rash. It is what they want!"
    The men looked likewise determined but there was no hint of anger in their expressions.

Slayman Vol still whipped Kaitlyn burning off the fury of her previous comments. He paused for a moment observing his handi work. Kaitlyn was, amazingly, still conscious, but she was a bloody mess. The only untorn skin she had left were on her feet and neck and head.

"There's a reason they call me Slayman." He said smiling down at her, "and believe me some day I will kill you, but I'll have to regrow your skin first and help you recover. Then I'll do it again." He said conversationally, "That's the way it is. I enjoyed this, Katy."

She made no reply. One of the neophytes stepped forward and said, "The king himself and several foreigners are in the courtyard working there way here."

"Excellent." Slayman said. He handed the whip to the Neophyte. "Keep it up. I want them drawn here like gnats to a light. This should help." He pulled out a vile from his rich garments. He popped the cap and splattered the contents all over Kaitlyn's bear shredded flesh. The acid immediately reacted with the open wounds. The screams weren't ominous they were blood curdling.

"How will this help?" The neophyte asked.

Slayman Vol just grinned broadly and said, "It'll make them angry." Then he looked at the still screaming Kaitlyn, and handed the neophyte another bottle of acid and gestured to the whip. "Make sure she doesn't stop screaming. The more she screams the angrier and more hasty they become. The more hasty and angry they become the better my odds."

The neophyte nodded. As soon as Kaitlyn's screams began dying the neophyte resumed the whipping and the screams resumed.

Note: This is one of the darkest sequences I will ever show you. I don't think I dare do it again.
    Domovoi @ usa 1
    edited 11.01.2013
    Elfangor bowed before speaking. "Master, the foreigners will not side with you, for they have shown a great dislike of the undead. Even now they plan to hunt and kill Slayman Vol in his Manor! I came to you first, without seeing Vol, to make sure whether or not the vampire was in your service. The letters I've been sending have, unfortunately, been intercepted! Is there any other way for me to contact you?"
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 11.01.2013
    the giant collosos fell to the ground
    Link: good job kenny! you would do great in knight school!
    Kenny: when we have killed all the zombies, can you take me back to skyloft with you? i would love to go to knight school.
    Link: ok
    kenny and Link strode out of the city ready for the next adventure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 11.01.2013
    U know what,I rally have no clue wats going on,so I;m just going to go kill zombies.

Hanzolo climbs onto the rooftops and begins to ruin across the city and when he arrives at the gate,he runs and leaping off,does a flip and grabs onto the top of the gate.Ignoring the guards shocked expressions,he climbs down the gate and runs off nearly as fast as a running horse.
    edited 11.01.2013
    (The griffon Achcuahtli's Elder Shaman and the Shaman's apprentice flied on landed on the roof of the Manor, ahead of the others fighting their way to gain entrance into the Manor itself. Both of them dismounted and the griffon followed them as they circled around the manor, getting the dimensions of the whole building in their minds. The Elder Shaman found what he thought was as close to the center of the roof and sat down and drew a protective circle around himself before prying up some of the boards and laying out repellants against the vampires. He did not know which would be effective against their main target, so he pulled out just about every repellant he had studied over. He put a large wreath of garlic around himself, followed by setting a large rope around himself, filled with hundreds of complex and varying knots. Knowing from past experiance of a typical vampire's obsessive-compulsive nature, if any of the weaker vampires attempted to reach him they would be compelled to untie every single knot from the rope before it could hope to touch him. He hoped at least the knotted rope would work if none of the other repellants. It took him ages to tie that amount of knots. Also going off of what he remembered in his long studies, he knew they were just as compelled to count out tiny objects so he poured out most of the contents of a bag of salt, keeping at least a couple handfulls of it in the bag in case one was coming too close to him. Signalling his apprentice, he sat down in the middle of the repellant circles and began praying while his apprentice began burning a large oval into the roof with his staff. Reaching nervously into his coat, the apprentice fingered the object hidden from view and nods confidently. Going back to his task as the griffon guarded him, he continued to burn the oval into the manor. Then the next step would have to start.)
    edited 11.01.2013
    Elfangor bowed before speaking. "Master, the foreigners will not side with you, for they have shown a great dislike of the undead. Even now they plan to hunt and kill Slayman Vol in his Manor! I came to you first, without seeing Vol, to make sure whether or not the vampire was in your service. The letters I've been sending have, unfortunately, been intercepted! Is there any other way for me to contact you?"

"It's funny you should ask that," Blazac said. "There is in fact an alternative way to contact me." He grabbed a nearby slave man, and pierced his chest with one claw, drawing it out he took the man's now tainted soul with it. He dropped the corpse to the ground and slipped the soul into a ring inset with obsidian. He then gave the ring to Elfangor. "Speak your words to this soul and then release it. It will come to me and I will hear and respond. In this way we will be in consistent and secure contact."

Slayman Vol was just leaving the dungeon when he suddenly doubled over gasping for breath. After a moment he recovered, but a light of fear was in his eyes, "I've over extended." he gasped, then began stumbling to his room, where he knew a neophyte had bound a victim for his masters dinner. Dinner was early today.

Slayman Vol stumbled into his room, a large room with velvet blood red carpet and bed. An open window on one side, and several assorted rich finery. Also a statue of a black dragon sat in one corner. A maiden was tied by her hands to bed post. Her breath quickened as Slayman Vol came closer, and she opened her mouth to scream. Slayman clamped a hand over her mouth. "Not here you fool! Do you want those foreigners in here to find..." he paused mulling over what he just said, then he shrugged, "Whatever." He bit into her throat and quickly began draining her life. She kicked and struggled and tried to bite his hand, but these attempts grew weaker and weaker until finally she lay still. He took his hand away, her head hung back mouth open and eyes wide with the horror of death, the light of life fading in her eyes.

Slayman sat up. He stood and undid her bonds. Then he picked her up. She hung limply. He tossed her out the window into the yard like she was just a bit of refuse. Soon ghouls came and in a matter of minutes she was one of them.

King Lorio heard Kaitlyn's screams intensify, and now anger did show in his eyes and it was reflected by those men with him, "It is from demons that relish for human suffering stems," he told his men after they had cleared the yard, and secured all entrances to it. "It plays off the desire for dominance over our fellow men," he paused. Then continued, "but only a coward delights in the torturing and killing of women. Let's clear this demons palace. Fight not for me! Fight for all those threatened by such creatures as this. Fight for the freedom from evils such as these! Fight with the power over such creatures as these that God hath granted all people which spurns the cults and servants of the culture of Death! The power of courage! Attaaaaack!" The men charged the door. The king had not spoken, but a few moments, but the courage he instilled in them saved them much more time than just straight up attacking. Rank upon rank of ghouls toppled before their blows, and they breached the atrium of the manor!
    Domovoi @ usa 1
    edited 11.01.2013
    ArSprinting towards a village being attacked by zombies,Hanzoplo uses a rock as a springboard,and leaping off it he lands inside.Drawing an arrow he kills a zombie,and taking its sword,begins to easily dispose of the zombies.
    edited 11.01.2013
    The man examined the ring, and he thought he could hear the screams of the slave's tainted soul within.

"Thank you, Blazac!" Elfangor exclaimed. "Now, what would you have me do next? Is there a way that I can get to the Manor quickly enough to help Slayman Vol, for the ride back to Empi, even on Quester, would take at least two days. The vampire will be dead by that time, especially with the foreigners helping. Also, should I do anything concerning the foreigners?"
    edited 11.01.2013
    (Achcuahtli examined the slaughter around him, delivered by the King and his men. Looking up above the Manor, he saw their griffons circling in the air while the King and his men had broken into the atium. A plan had already formed in his mind.)

Achcuahtli: Lieutenant. We will take our time with this. If you encounter any vampires, save their souls. As for these ghouls, (he looks over at the side of the Manor as he speaks and notices another group of ghouls coming around a corner, trying to cut off the King and his men and trap them) free them from their suffering.

(His men kill the group of ghouls before they arrived at the door. As they filed in after the King and his soldiers, Achuahtli bringing up the rear and checking for any signs of more reinforcements while doing a head count of his and the Kings men. Hearing a faint groan behind him, he turns and sees one of the ghouls had only been knocked down. It looked like it was freshly turned, as if it only died and came back minutes ago. He allowed it to come closer, listening to it. It almost said some comprehensible words before growling and lunging at Achcuahtli. He sidestepped the ghoul and tripped it, the ghoul landing face first into the ground. Planting Guillotine at the base of it's neck, he murmurs a short prayer before allowing it's full weight to slice through it's neck, killing it.)

Achcuahtli: That one looked drained of blood, and recently.

(Pulling Guillotine from the ground he rejoins the King and his soldiers and the other Aztecs as they make their way further into the Manor.)
    edited 11.01.2013
    Yelling,He leaps from roof to roof,slashing down any zombies in his way.The villagers cheer and begin to fight with renewed strength.A tremble shakes the village,and the head of a giant zombie rises from the earth.Sprinting,Hanzolo leaps up the zombie and leaps back.In mid-air,he fires a flaming arrow right into its chest.The zombie groans,and falls.Landing steadily,Hanzolo turns to see the gasping expressions of villagers.A man runs up to him saying"You fought the zombies off singlehandedly,when the entire village couldn'[email protected]!Who are you/".Grimacing from behind his hood,he replies simply"A friend",and taking a horse,rides off.
    edited 11.01.2013
    hanzolo5 wrote: »
    ArSprinting towards a village being attacked by zombies,Hanzoplo uses a rock as a springboard,and leaping off it he lands inside.Drawing an arrow he kills a zombie,and taking its sword,begins to easily dispose of the zombies.

A pair of eyes peeks over the roof of a nearby house. A ghoul leaps from it and tackles hanzolo knocking him from his horse biting into him, only to come away with nothing except broken teeth (shiny objects like armor are equated with juicy meat in its rotting mind).

Nearby a young man fought against several zombies while his sister crouched behind a barrel with only a knife. They did not notice but their parents emerged from their house with several other ghouls. The one who was probably their mother reached over the railing and hoisted the young girl away just as a zombie on the ground was about to grab her.
    "Mother! You saved me!" The girl cried scrambling over the top of the railing, but it wasn't her mother. She screamed backing up to the railing, just as her brother dispatched the last of the zombies near him. He turned and ran toward them. The ghouls were grabbing his sisters arms, he ran faster, but he was too late, the man and woman finally converted fully, and they stopped fighting against themselves. The man swung his teenage daughter to the ground and leaped on top of her. The mother pushed him off, and began tearing into her daughter. The man joined her, there was the tearing of flesh and cloth, and the screams of the girl. Then the young man was upon them hacking and slashing with his sword he killed them both, and the two other fully fed ghouls who had hung back. He knelt by his sister watching her die. After only a moment he came to a decision he raised his sword and bringing it down, slew her. Then he rose. He was going to kill the one responsible for the zombies, if it took his life.
    The man examined the ring, and he thought he could hear the screams of the slave's tainted soul within.

"Thank you, Blazac!" Elfangor exclaimed. "Now, what would you have me do next? Is there a way that I can get to the Manor quickly enough to help Slayman Vol, for the ride back to Empi, even on Quester, would take at least two days. The vampire will be dead by that time, especially with the foreigners helping. Also, should I do anything concerning the foreigners?"

"Oh yes. I will strike while the Empire is still uneasy on its feet. Haron is already on his way to Vol manor. He will take care of the King and Achautli. My job for you is a diplomatic one actually." Blazac paused picking up an important looking container shaped like a lantern (this is not a throwback to the last game), though it was more of an iron cage. It was the closer in size to a lantern. Seeing the questioning look on Elfangor's face the dragon grinned, and gave Elfangor the object.

"Gorzad is a draco lich like me, but unlike me he fell asleep a long time ago. This is his phylactery. Take it to him and wake him up with it. All you need to do is get close to him and the phylactery will do the rest."
    Domovoi @ usa 1
    edited 11.01.2013
    I already posted.Edit it NOWWWWW

:D
    edited 11.01.2013
    "Before I go waking up a possibly angry draco lich, will you teach me how to use the Dragon's Gift to its fullest extent?" Elfangor was cautious while asking this question because he didn't know how it would sit with Blazac. "Also, where is Gorzad?"
Sign In to comment.