Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Veteran

king slingking sling Posts: 43
edited 02.01.2013 in Players ask Players
how much do veteran units cost?:huh:
king sling @ en 1
Post edited by king sling on

Comments

• madperson (INT1)madperson (INT1) Posts: 337
    edited 28.12.2012
    Here are the costs of veteran units:
    Veteran Spearmen cost 160 coins each
    Veteran Bowmen cost 135 coins each
    Veteran Macemen cost 230 coins each, 161 if you are Count Palatine or higher
    Veteran Crossbowmen cost 200 coins each, 140 if you are Landgrave or higher

(You can get a 30% reduction on the costs of veteran macemen and veteran crossbowmen if you have reached the appropriate glory rank but if you fall below that rank, you lose the bonus too, so you must stay at or above the rank to get the bonus)

How to get veteran units:
    To be able to recruit veteran units, you must first research them individually in a level 1 research tower (unlocked at level 39). They cost an average of 55,000 stone and wood each to be unlocked and take several days each. Once they have been researched, they replace their weaker version of the soldier in your recruiting panel. That means that if you research the veteran maceman, he will replace the normal maceman in your recruiting panel. There is only one level of research for each veteran so you can't have veterans level 1 and 2.

Info:
    On average, veteran units are slightly stronger than normal troops but cost a lot more coins. Here are the stats of each veteran compared to the strongest normal troops of each kind:

1. Halberdier: 17 attack, 135 melee defence, 45 ranged defence, 18 plunder, 19 speed.
    Veteran Spearmen: 15 attack, 142 melee defence, 52 ranged defence, 14 plunder, 26 speed.

2. Longbowman: 20 attack, 51 melee defence, 125 ranged defence, 21 plunder, 21 speed.
    Veteran bowman: 18 attack, 59 melee defence, 132 ranged defence, 13 plunder, 27 speed.

3. Two-handed sword: 109 attack, 19 melee defence, 5 ranged defence, 28 plunder, 18 speed.
    Veteran maceman: 118 attack, 20 melee defence, 6 ranged defence, 32 plunder, 22 speed.

4. Heavy crossbowman: 92 attack, 15 melee defence, 24 ranged defence, 32 plunder, 20 speed.
    Veteran crossbowman: 98 attack, 19 melee defence, 26 ranged defence, 22 plunder, 23 speed.

All veterans consume 4 food each like all the other strong units in this list.

As you can see, all the veterans are slightly stronger in attack and defence compared to normal units which can make all the difference in a battle with hundreds of soldiers. The veterans plunder less resources (the maceman being the only exception) but most high levels don't care about that, the veteran defenders are slightly slower but that doesn't really matter either because they usually don't move much, the veteran attackers are a lot faster, and they are all much stronger. Although they cost more coins to recruit, you will definitively find them worthwhile and I definitively recommend you get them as soon as you can. Plus, high levels usually have an abundant amount of coins and never meet a problem with coins.
    Madperson @ WWW 1
    Level 70, active.

FEEL MY WRATH!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertarunsupertarun Posts: 72
    edited 28.12.2012
    In what do you play? [email protected] or what else do you play in? Each of the servers in the game have different costs for vets and all other troops
    supertarun @ usa 1
  • icepikaicepika Posts: 767
    edited 28.12.2012
    no they are not. The prize are all the same :)
    icepika @ en 1
  • Charmander 108Charmander 108 Posts: 8
    edited 28.12.2012
    how do you even get veteran soldiers?
    Charmander 108 @ en 1
    edited 28.12.2012
    when you reach lv39, you will unlock research tower.After you have done bunch of research in it, you will get to veteran. They are costly both to research and to buy :). For more specific information, use search
    icepika @ en 1
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 28.12.2012
    supertarun wrote: »
    In what do you play? [email protected] or what else do you play in? Each of the servers in the game have different costs for vets and all other troops

No they don't,it's all the same price :D

and you get veteran sodleirs through the research tower level 2,which you cant get until level 39.To upgrade to Research Tower level 2,you gotta be level 47.So,if you arent even level 30 yet,don't think about veterans :D
    edited 28.12.2012
    lol, you only need research tower lv1 to have vet :)
    icepika @ en 1
  • NameNobleman1NameNobleman1 Posts: 371
    edited 28.12.2012
    what else can u get from the research tower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    image.php?u=1249935&type=sigpic&dateline=1357346311
    that should speak for itself...
    If somehow u dont get the drift and attk me, then lets just say ur the orc under gimli. 8)
    smiley-sw024.gif<-- the ONLY way to travel... credits to hanzolo5 and lego lotr
  • marco37marco37 Posts: 778
    edited 28.12.2012
    a lot NameNobleman, a lot. Just get to level39 and you we know or search the forum. It have allready been documented somewhere.
    Proud Member of Hells Warriors (International 1)

General in HW-Elite

http://hells-warriors-empir.forumieren.com/forum
  • William89William89 Posts: 512
    edited 28.12.2012
    Vet Spearmen cost 160 coins each
    Vet Bowmen cost 135 coins each
    Vet Macemen cost 230 coins each, 161 if you are Count Palatine or higher
    Vet Crossbowmen cost 200 coins each, 140 if you are Landgrave or higher

The Costs do not vary from server to server, level 1 research tower is needed and Spearmen and bowmen do not have 30% off the costs only Macemen and Crossbowmen do
    William89
  • NameNobleman1NameNobleman1 Posts: 371
    edited 28.12.2012
    marco37 wrote: »
    a lot NameNobleman, a lot. Just get to level39 and you we know or search the forum. It have allready been documented somewhere.

i am going as fast as i can. :) 4 lvls to go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    image.php?u=1249935&type=sigpic&dateline=1357346311
    that should speak for itself...
    If somehow u dont get the drift and attk me, then lets just say ur the orc under gimli. 8)
    smiley-sw024.gif<-- the ONLY way to travel... credits to hanzolo5 and lego lotr
  • king slingking sling Posts: 43
    edited 29.12.2012
    thanks! that helps alot!
    king sling @ en 1
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 29.12.2012
    I remember lvl 39. The week I stopped building on my main castle and started researching. Good times, good times...
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
    edited 29.12.2012
    what level are you now? i,m lvl 24, 15 levels to go ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! it's to much to wait for!
    king sling @ en 1
  • hampe182hampe182 Posts: 202
    edited 29.12.2012
    kking sling. you have no ide abaut how mutch it costs to reshearsh veteran in your lvl
    hampe18 8)
    nordisk 1

[video]http://omfgdogs.com/[/video]
    edited 29.12.2012
    the first time I have the research tower, it discouraged me greatly. I have to do sooo many steps to get there and finally, it prize almost made me fainted( I research vet mace first so it cost about 50000 woods and 55000 stones ) which is almost max of my storage at that time :P
    icepika @ en 1
    edited 02.01.2013
    How long does a research tower tke to build?????(
    king sling @ en 1
  • edited 02.01.2013
    35 hours for level 1, 37:57:46 for level 2 (with the level 3 keep).
    edited 02.01.2013
    The research time is much higher though :P
    icepika @ en 1
  • hampe182hampe182 Posts: 202
    edited 02.01.2013
    i know that vetarn macemen is 130h whith tower lvl 2
    hampe18 8)
    nordisk 1

[video]http://omfgdogs.com/[/video]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list