Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Ruined castle RVs in Everwinter - taking over is an act of war?

LivZLivZ Posts: 36
edited 02.01.2013 in Players ask Players
I've been told that just now. If they want to they can certainly crush me. I'm pretty sure they will.

Is this common practice?

I've seen alliance members send defense troops to some of these RVs attached to ruins - saving them for incoming members I suppose. Except they don't seem to have any incoming members.

The guy who emailed me said that what I was doing was 'considered bad play by all major alliances'.

I would say the 'bad play' is on the other foot.

What say you?

Oh, and HELP!
Post edited by LivZ on
LivZ @ usa 1

Comments

• anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 26.12.2012
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • LivZLivZ Posts: 36
    edited 26.12.2012
    Thanks for that clarification, Angus.
    LivZ @ usa 1
    edited 26.12.2012
    Moak: You are attacking and stealing a resource village from a Team Ledgends 2 member. Doing so will be considered and act of war and is considered bad play by all major alliances.

LivZ: Their castle is in ruins. Since it takes the number of days of the level (plus one) they haven't been a member for a long time.

I am not attacking an active member.

Moak: Active or not is not your concern. The fact remains they are still a member and we will act in a manor as such.

LivZ: Well, it's too late to recall my troops. I don't know what you want me to do.

Should I pick on lower levels? Is that what I should do? So I don't get crushed?

I don't really call that good form or honorable play.

Who are some of the large alliance leaders who consider taking over ruined castle RVs 'bad form'?

I'd like to chat with them.

Moak: You can attack any ruin you like but if they are still in an alliance then they are still a member of that alliance reguardless of what you choose to believe. It is not up to you to decide who is or isn't a member of TL2 or any other then your own.

I will be sending a member to retrieve the rv and if you have more then 1 troop there or atempt to support it we will consider it an act of war.

What large alliances consider stealing rv's from other alliances bad form? All

What are you to do? the same thing my players do every day. Bust their butts searching the edges of the map for open rv's and sending captures as fast as possible in hopes of getting one.

Btw if you had asked before hand or not had an abrasive attatude I more then likely would have let you keep this one and maybe grab a couple more.

LivZ: I've already been told by a high level large alliance player to not attack the over 5 limit RVs of players. I'm not doing that.

I don't have anyone to 'save' abandoned RVs for me.

I scan for ruins all day looking for fair game because I can't get to 200+ ones on the edges fast enough.

I only needed two wood and two stone and I'm at my limit anyway.

Moak: Ok thats how you want it. (I had sent26 macemen and crossbowmen.)

LivZ: You're declaring war on piddly me?

How embarassing for you.

I launched four attacks at the same time. The RVs were abandoned. You do not have an alliance member who owns them. What I did was fair play. What you are doing is not.
    LivZ @ usa 1
  • Lordhunter (US1)Lordhunter (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 26.12.2012
    I think that is pretty funny for team legends to say stealing a rv is an act of war when I had two of there members gang up on me and take 6 rvs in ice I guess it is okay for the big guys to do it but not the little guys
    Lordhunter @ usa 1
  • JonBerserk7 (US1)JonBerserk7 (US1) Posts: 9,135
    edited 26.12.2012
    Big alliances like to keep RV's within the alliance, someone was probably already on the way to take that RV when you took it.
    JonBerserk7 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    edited 26.12.2012
    No one was on their way to take them. They had one soldier in them each. It took me 6 and 7 hours to get there.

They had no defenses. If you want something - defend it as best you can.

So far no pounding. :D

I told the guy that it's not like I could defend against a level 60 if he came back and wanted them back. Heck, he can take over ones closer to his main easily.

Hopefully this is resolved, but I still want to know if this is really how most major alliances behave and if it's just more of the same in the Burning Sands and Fire Peaks.

Huge attacks today. This is part of the email exchange:

"You were attacked because YOU were playing the game in a dirty underhanded way. Everyone knows you dont take other ppls RVs. You chose to play nasty and got a slap on the wrist for it. The only dirty tactics were done by you. Had you had gone the honorable route of grabbing a new RV like the rest of us you would have been left alone."

I'd still like to get some opinions on this.
    LivZ @ usa 1
  • brugbrug Posts: 3
    edited 29.12.2012
    well, LivZ , you're right. who says you can't take other people's RVs? ... that only applies to members of an alliance . If you're not part of that Alliance you can do what you like ... there are no rules.
    Don't let their pathetic responses bother you...
    I've had no sight of a newly formed RV , despite looking for ages
    Brug
    brug @ en 1
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 29.12.2012
    It's a WAR GAME. Taking other people's RVs shouldn't be considered a crime but it is an act of war. Whenever you attack someone, you should expect a retaliation. And the update which decreased the village limit in Everwinter has ticked people of so much that they're super defensive about their villages. And you can't blame them. Who wants a noob taking their hard earned villages that they spent rubies fighting for?

That was THE WORST Empire update ever.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • jessbeatyjessbeaty Posts: 16
    edited 29.12.2012
    It is my understanding that several of the more honorable Alliances have a "Gentleman's Agreement" to not attack Resource Villages that are occupied. Everyone takes the new, unoccupied ones and leaves 1 soldier to keep it. We have had a couple stolen, but got them back when the leader of the Alliance realized one of his people new to Everwinter had stolen one. But don't count on all big alliances or even players adhering to the "Gents Agreement".
    jessbeaty @ usa 1
  • edited 29.12.2012
    There is rather an odd general attitude towards resource villages resource villages, taking one is a big move (the only thing to beat it is capturing an outpost) but it can't be called "bad play" or in any way something your not "supposed" to do. But you can expect to be attacked every time you take one so be careful.
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 29.12.2012
    There are PLENTY of people who quit the game with food rvs in international 2. Plenty are empty. It's food village marketsale around here.
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
  • SenoraButterfly (US1)SenoraButterfly (US1) US1 Posts: 452
    edited 02.01.2013
    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Just want to get any up dated posts. Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
    SenoraButterfly @ usa 1 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • FribytareFribytare Posts: 3
    edited 02.01.2013
    I also got some messages right after one of my alliance members captured a RV in "iceland". I think it's a really strange thing believing that everyone should be able to sit on their RVs forever in a wargame. So far nobody was able to present a link to a forum post with information about this agreement.

Another interesting part of this agreement is said to be that no one should attack a burning castle unless there is a war going on. So, keep some fire burning and have a nice time or what?
    Fribytare @ skn 1
    edited 02.01.2013
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's silly to expect every captured RV to remain in the hands of it's original owner and for all noobs to just wait until GGE puts up brand new ones.

I'd think it would be more fun to defend one's RVs and watch noobs try to take them. You know, like it's been said, in a WAR game - not an 'I'm not defending anything but will retaliate when butt-hurt' game or an Insult game. :D
    LivZ @ usa 1
  • FribytareFribytare Posts: 3
    edited 02.01.2013
    Cheers to that!
    Fribytare @ skn 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file