Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Battle animations?

Comments

• Zaltonat (AU1)Zaltonat (AU1) Posts: 60
    edited 13.12.2012
    I thought it was like you could surf through the battlefield in the middle of the battle, sorry to be negative but i'm not so sure it was needed, maybe just for decoration.
  • HelmlerHelmler Posts: 978
    edited 13.12.2012
    Read my answer to Baldrick that It's Better than nothing...The old is very boring and I remember there are a post by someone to add animations(Maybe Dusan)

I did read your answer and, since the reports were much better before, they shouldn't have changed them. Therefore it's not better than nothing, it's worse than nothing.

Just because some kid thinks it's cool you think that the rest of us should suffer this horrible, confusing, pointless new report? Maybe it was boring before, but at least it was easy to read and it was 100 times better than this awful thing we have now. And just because one person suggests something doesn't mean it should happen, otherwise this game would be a joke considering some of the suggestions on these pages. And I remember Dusan's thread well, I posted against including animations in the game and it is nice to be proved right, if this is how they are going to be implemented.
    Helmler @ WWW 1 Rayo McQueen @ WWW2

Proud Member of Black~Rose~Fire (in spirit if not body)
  • garett245garett245 Posts: 202
    edited 13.12.2012
    i agree i want the old reports to much lag i enjoyed the change for abt 3 min lol than was like man this is annoying
    also i like the idea of one whole page spread out so u dont have to go through each wave
  • jntmhujntmhu Posts: 355
    edited 13.12.2012
    they also take an impossibly long time to load up if you have bad internet connection...
  • linkinpark649linkinpark649 Posts: 85
    edited 13.12.2012
    I totally agree with you Baldrick, we need a button to turn the battle animations off. My computer is too lag because of it.
    linkinpark649 @ en 1
  • Trage NerdTrage Nerd Posts: 164
    edited 15.12.2012
    agreed

The only improvement in the battle report is where it states "attacker" and "defender".

I desperately need to turn this animation off. The game was slow before, but this makes things unacceptable...
    pleasepleaseplease bring back the simple though efficient battle report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Take some time and effort and find out where you are...
    How else will you know where you're going? :D

+ If Goodgames can calculate something, so can I! +
  • MaJeStiicMaJeStiic Posts: 367
    edited 15.12.2012
    It would be better if it wasn't animated. It's pretty and all, but I'd rather turn it off. Especially when I play on my cheap laptop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leader of Dream Team on USA 1 server. Follow our battles here! http://goo.gl/Aqqua
  • edited 15.12.2012
    Supported. Please remove it or give us the ability to disable it.
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 15.12.2012
    Read my answer to Baldrick that It's Better than nothing,I am still happy until now and of course the new more better and not cause lag(adobe flash player can repair it,I install the latest one) The old is very boring and I remember there are a post by someone to add animations(Maybe Dusan)

And Baldrick,I agree that GGE must add some setting to it NOT DELETE IT,some players may like it,trust me

Just "better" will do, "more better" is a tautology... and nobody is saying delete it. We just want the ability to turn it off if we want to. It serves no purpose beyond pretty lights and lag.
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • edited 15.12.2012
    inb4 option to disable it costs 10k rubies.
  • Victor Mireles2Victor Mireles2 Posts: 162
    edited 15.12.2012
    your computers are laggining either because you have a really old model(not bad, but could be fixed by just deleting a few pointless things) or you have way to many things open at the moment or also your memory could be close to being full(try deleting some unwanted things or unistalling unusefull applacations) totaly agree with a disable button though could be usefull
    @ WW2
  • Empire_LordEmpire_Lord Posts: 254
    edited 15.12.2012
    Just "better" will do, "more better" is a tautology... and nobody is saying delete it. We just want the ability to turn it off if we want to. It serves no purpose beyond pretty lights and lag.

Sorry about unperfect grammar White Hayes,Im not from UK or USA,Are you sure no one say "delete it"?Check back again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Critizm Allowed But Be Polite And Remember 'No One Perfect'

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
    English 1 or United Kingdom 1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 15.12.2012
    ODBM wrote: »
    inb4 option to disable it costs 10k rubies.

What a terrible idea.

If we agree to this they'd just make other annoying things so we'd have to pay to get rid of them.
    It's been a while.....

• Empire_LordEmpire_Lord Posts: 254
    edited 15.12.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    What a terrible idea.

If we agree to this they'd just make other annoying things so we'd have to pay to get rid of them.

Yeah,That idea will turn to be the real scam..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Critizm Allowed But Be Polite And Remember 'No One Perfect'

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
    English 1 or United Kingdom 1
  • Lady GlymmirhLady Glymmirh Posts: 87
    edited 15.12.2012
    :p
    Adrguy1234 wrote: »
    what are you talking about?

those thumbnails are exactly what we are talking about. i pretty much agree with everything being said, except for the computer lag, because i don't seem to be afflicted by that. after the first 2 or 3 victories the "coolness" wore off for me, and yeah, i thought it dumb that defeats were pretty much the same animation!! lol. i didn't like that i had to search the screen a bit to find the fight log details. and like someone mentioned before, i should not have needed another dialogue box to see it.

but, the novelty of seeing someone being defeated at my castle hasn't worn off though!:p i'll give an A for effort, but if that's their best shot, they should definitely put it in the settings option, like the music.
    Lady Glymmirh @ WWW 1
    "....i see....a pot of gold! yes, right there in your kingdom. ooh, don't mind if i help myself, do you?" :p
    17.jpg
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 15.12.2012
    Seriously guys, I must agree. The combat reports are exactly the same with different flags every time. :(

They don't even show which KINGDOM it's in...
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • Bloody EmperorBloody Emperor Posts: 228
    edited 15.12.2012
    Animations are not bad but they can be better,but because lag I dont like it so bad
    Bloody [email protected] International 1
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 15.12.2012
    Animations are not bad but they can be better,but because lag I dont like it so bad

I'm not experiencing any lag due to the battle animations.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • WarriorDavid1WarriorDavid1 Posts: 37
    edited 15.12.2012
    i agree with having a animations on/off button its good for slower computers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <
    BEST ADVENTURE,MEDIEVAL BOOK SERIES EVER !
  • ElfangorElfangor Posts: 3,974
    edited 15.12.2012
    Perhaps they will improve on the animations after a while. It probably took a very long time to make these ones, and I think they did a good job. Once you get used to where the info is at, it's fine! I haven't had any lag though, so I can't really comment on that. All in all, I think this was a nice change GGE! :)
    Check out my story! The First Ruby Buyer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file