Home Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

zombie apocalypse game.

Comments

• DomovoiDomovoi Posts: 266
    edited 11.12.2012
    Lance halts Albreich, and looks up at the stars, "It is done then. Now comes Lupo's trial."
    Indeed. There is one last trial for Lupo, and then all curses be lifted from him.
    "He cannot kill Death."
    but he can contain him. The Dead King said, it will consume his entire life force, but it is the only way to stop death. Lupo has the combined power of all the Lanterns. It has been building inside him since he came to the land. Lupo is the end all. Death will be contained, and the lantern's power scattered to the five corners of the metaphysical universe. The land will hopefully return to peace, but even I cannot foretell that.

You must go to him Lance. You must show him the way to defeat Death, and restore peace to this kingdom, and one last thing before I rest once again.

"Yes my lord?"

They will both die.

"Who will both die? You just said Lupo would contain Death with his life force, but that is not the same as him dying. Who will die?"

.....silence....
    Domovoi @ usa 1
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 11.12.2012
    (Hawke walks over to Hanzolo, clearly seeing he is grieving over something)
    Hawke: Is it about the Mentor Hanzolo?

Hanzolo shakes his head and turns around.His entire body is covered in massive wounds.He groans,than passes out.
  • Lord SmitheLord Smithe Posts: 3,803
    edited 11.12.2012
    meanwhile a Templar scout reports his information to the ArchDuke. "they will be attacking in about a month time. they have a large force and have also acquired many bandits and shadow troops to help them. i think the best strategy is to either attack while they are or attack them after they finish attacking seeing they are all mostly attack troops." here he passes a paper to the ArchDuke. The ArchDuke replies with a smile "good, very good." he looks at the paper and then looks back at the scout "now go find me more information, i'll need more than this." a few minutes later another man came in to inform him of the details of the jailbreak. "we lost all of the prisoners we had in the cells and also lost a little more than 30 Templars. Of course you know of Smithes death, and Captain Hammon also fled with the prisoners. and that Freelance knight Bartho......." just then he was interupted by the Sgt walking into the room. "his name isn't Bartholomew, its Lance and he was a spy. i knew that he seemed familiar and now i know it was him." The ArchDuke looked back to the Sgt. "i see. well i suppose we can't stop him now. ready my carriage to ride to the mountain, i need to see the progress we have made on the beast.
    General Of Neph-TDL
    Part of the Nephilim Family
    Lord Smithe @ usa 1
  • Sgt. HammerSgt. Hammer Posts: 1,642
    edited 11.12.2012
    (The Branded Army has made temporary camp at the site of an ancient fortress, built in the times even before the Old Kings. The walls were expansive and thick, and the several construction yards were massive. The whole structure sat atop a plateau in the middle of a giant clearing in the woods. The perfect place for the war machines to be built for use against Minastor. The discovery of enourmous stockpiles of metal within the warehouses brought further re-assurance that this was the place to build the machines and outfit the soldiers and most of the conscripts with better arms and armor. Lupo had called together his generals, each of them a former Great Fortress Commander. The remaining ones that is. When the Queen recalled the Lanterns back to the Palace, all the Commanders initially refused to follow through. The 5 she now has in her possession are the ones either her agents were successful in stealing after murdering their Keeper or the ones taken by an army sent to attack the Fortress, similar in manner to the one that attacked Fort Foreigner, only the others met with success in obtaining the Lanterns. The 4 Commanders, together with Lupo and the surviving Amelia, making 6 Great Fortress Commanders in total that would lead the attack on Minastor. All 6 were gathered in the Keep to discuss the plan. The combined powers of all 6 present Lanterns, Lupo's personal one in combination with the Mentor's two along with Amelia's and 2 out of the 4 presently unknown Commanders, with the other two being lost in one way or another, ensured
    comlpete secrecy of their battle plans.)
    (OOC: So no secret spies reporting about the armies battle plans)
    Commander #1: It was a good hand Dame Fortune played us in allowing us to find this fortress. It has everything we could possibly need and more for the coming attack.
    Commander #2: I agree. We should have more than enough to outfit the main part of the Branded Army as well as all of the Conscripts, and that's all after we build up the siege engines.
    Amelia: We should send word to the Fleet at the Lighthouse to make their way to the city so by the time we arrive they will arrive a little after us so they can attack from the sea side.
    Lupo: I agree. Send a message through one of the Lanterns, it'll reach the Fleet in one way or another. We can't risk the orders being intercepted if we send a rider out.
    Commander #3: Lupo, I recieved word that the Archduke has been preparing his Templars for a march. Given his relationship with the Old King do you think we should advise him not to attack?
    Lupo: I'll deliver the message myself once things are established here. How are those Shadow Commanders doing in creating that new variant of Zombie Giants? If their vision becomes reality, they will be the ideal shock troop for assaulting the city especially after we get the specialized armor equipped to them and give them weapons.
    Commander #4: The lead Shadow Commander informed me earlier today that they are still molding the first group, but all the signs indicate the process is going well. The first group will be ready for presentation by nightfall. Are you sure fusing creatures together like that is a good idea sir?
    Amelia: The Giant Zombies are the result of fusing smaller ones together. If we use the Lanterns to fuse the Giant ones together, they should be far more potent than the others. We don't want to see an increase in size, however, we want them to be more deadly in action and more horrible to look at than they are in the first place.
    Commander #1: Should I lead the Fleet in attacking from the docks sir? That always was my specialty.
    Lupo: You may, but you are still travelling with the main army until we reach the city. After the Fleet arrives you can board one of the Flagships and conduct the assault from their.
    Commander #1: Yes sir.
    Lupo: Begin construction of the Great Engines. I want them to be moving wall segments by the time the final touches are being put on them.
    Commander #3: Construction of them had already begun once you announced that we are to prepare here. The first three are already complete.
    Lupo: I would like to inspect them myself once we are done here. We may have to add more to them than we thought.
    Commander #3: Yes sir.
    Lupo: What of the Mobile Command Pavilion?
    Commander #2: We have encountered difficulties in that project.
    Lupo: Scrap it and use the materials for the ones that can be successful. We may have more resources now than we thought but we still shouldn't waste any.
    Commander #2: Yes sir.
    Amelia: What of the Wooden Balls that were used against Fort Foreigner, Lupo? If they were as effective in a completely defensive installation as that, then imagine how useful they will be against a city. Compared to the training we went personally went through at the Palace, most of the new recruits would panic at the sight of what they contain.
    Lupo: That's exactly what I was thinking. In addition to that, once the new Giants are done, the new Giants will be far more resiliant to damage right?
    Commander #4: Far and away more resiliant. If what the Shadow Commander told me is true, the new Giants will be nearly invulnerable once we fit them into the specialized armor. Their only weak spot will be their fronts, namely their chests and their stomachs, but that area should be impossible to hit with any of the weapons used in the inner parts of the city.
    Lupo: Good. Begin contruction on the Wooden Balls and start forging the Sphere Armor. Used in combination with each other, it will be a devastating offensive once released inside the city.
    Commander #4: Even better news, what would you think of control hanesses for the new Giants? They were already planning on making a specialized one for you to control, but imagine if it mimicked your very movements!
    Lupo: I'll expect 5 more for each of you then.
    Commander #4: It wouldn't be feasible sir, given the different actions we'll have to take once we breach the walls, especially considering the more delicate details for some of us. Storming a cellar would be made difficult work if a giant were among one of the infiltration groups.
    Lupo: Understood. In that case, pack mine full of explosives. I'll expect that it'll die far sooner than I would like, but I want it to be able to serve a purpose after it falls.
    Commander #4: Yes sir.
    Commander #3: I'll have my men begin forging the Barrel Bombs. They'll function in a similar manner to the other smaller bombs, but these will have to be placed by Giants or within one of the battering rams going into the city. The sheer explosive foce behind them should be enough to blow a hole in any wall at the Capital.
    Lupo: Good. See to it then. Amelia, I want you to oversee the manufacturing and distribution of the new weapons and armor for the troops. Ensure that the main forces are outfitted before the Conscripts. It's our personal garrisons that will storm the Palace and the City Keep, so they'll be in the most danger. As for the Conscripts, their responsibility will be to breach the city and hold it. Before they joined us in marching against the Kingdom they had already been burdened by their sins against humanity. By joining us they believe if they die while fighting to cleanse the Kingdom will be their penance. I'm going to be leaving after I inspect the Great Engines.
    (Several hours later)
    Lupo: Allright then, I'm off to meet with the Archduke to straighten things out with him.
    edited 11.12.2012
    Ok,this game is getting really REALLY confusing.I have absolutely no clue what's going on now.I'm thinking I just make my character die and leave this game.
  • ElfangorElfangor Posts: 3,974
    edited 11.12.2012
    Yes indeed! A fire breathing helmet? Come on!

Make your way to some Zombie Castles NOW!!
    Check out my story! The First Ruby Buyer
  • Lord SmitheLord Smithe Posts: 3,803
    edited 12.12.2012
    captain Hammon had his prisoners equiped with armor and weapons to fight with and took his men to a nearby zombie castle. his men rushed the castle and in no time took the keep by suprise.
    General Of Neph-TDL
    Part of the Nephilim Family
    Lord Smithe @ usa 1
    edited 12.12.2012
    OOC:My character is passed out in front of Hawke and Jon riht now...
    edited 12.12.2012
    Elfangor wrote: »
    Yes indeed! A fire breathing helmet? Come on!

Make your way to some Zombie Castles NOW!!
    OOC: Hah! You thought I was going to follow through with it! Ooohh, that's going in my book.
    And your honestly yelling?

In context
    (Hawke quickly walks over to Hanzolo and covers his wounds with her cloak. Motioning Jon and vesper over, the trio make it look as if Hanzolo has passed out drunk and as they carry him to a room upstairs where shortly afterwards a silent man enters the room. He is kitted out to be a professional doctor for hire, and taking in the man's wounds in an instant, rolls Hanzolo onto his front and begins patching up his back. After his back is treated, he puts him, carefully, onto his back and repeats the process until his work is complete with all wounds. His skill far exceeds any other doctor in the land and after his work is done, he advises for him not to move very far from the room until his wounds have healed. After receiving his pay, the man leaves the city on a one way boat trip to one of the Kingom's farthest outposts.)
    edited 12.12.2012
    (Some time later on that day Lupo and his Strike Force, consisting of 20 highly trained warriors, marched up to the recently cleared Zombie Castle that Captain Hammon and his men had taken. Allowing his soldiers to rest while he talked to the Captain, Lupo inquired him of several things.)
    Lupo: You must be the ex-Templar Captain Hammon? And these men of yours the escaped prisoners from their main castle?
  • Adventurer2Adventurer2 Posts: 1,120
    edited 12.12.2012
    captain Hammon had his prisoners equiped with armor and weapons to fight with and took his men to a nearby zombie castle. his men rushed the castle and in no time took the keep by suprise.

I havent had nearly as much freetime to get on the forum as I wanted, so this will be my last post for awhile:

Adventurer had followed the army to help take over the zombie castle, and then told his two remaining troops (one veteran spearman and one veteran bowman) To stay at the gate and watch for more zombies while he explores the castle. After about two hours the guards started to hear metal clashing against metal, but when they looked up to where the sound was coming for they didnt see anything. A few minutes later, one of the weapons they heard earlier dropped out of the hand of whoever was using it, and at the same time there was the familiar sounds of an arrow hitting someone in the chest. When they looked up again, a body was falling towards them, but it wasnt a zombie. It was a human. Before it hit the ground next to their feet they had already identified it. Adventurer was dead.

Not going to be my last post here (hopefully), but how did you like it?
    My old castle. Not sure what I want as a signature now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 12.12.2012
    How would I know if you were going to follow through with something or not? The "it was a joke" thing is a lame excuse too. Yes I am yelling because, like hanzolo said, you and Dom are making this game WAY too complex! Please, just capture the rest of the Zombie Castles (I think there are 2), and make your way to the fire peaks to investigate the source of the zombies. You may also find how the Shadow Mercenaries have been working with the source all along...
    edited 12.12.2012
    Elfangor wrote: »
    How would I know if you were going to follow through with something or not? The "it was a joke" thing is a lame excuse too. Yes I am yelling because, like hanzolo said, you and Dom are making this game WAY too complex!

OOC: Hmm. I figured you to be more mature than assuming I was making an excuse for a joke. Nice attempt at trying to be harsh though. Besides, what's wrong with the game being a little more involving? Or, "complex", as you put it. Based on the content that the other posters were putting up, Hanzolo included, I figured they could be challenged just a little bit more in order to further enhance the gaming experiance. Clearly Domovoi thought, and still thinks so, as well.

In context
    (Lupo had left the recently captured castle that Hammon had cleared out. Making his way further east with his Strike Force, they came upon another Zombie infested castle. Once again using a stealthy infiltration of the castle and freeing this group of people as he did with the first castle he came upon, he quickly armed the civilians that chose to fight with him and organized them into a proper little army. Waiting until day break, he personally led small groups of them on raids against the castle that took down more and more of the zombies within. Once the sun was at it's zenith, he led a full charge against the castle and it's severely depleted zombie soldiers within. Demolishing the gate, the armed citizens flooded the castle and cleared it out by night fall, leaving one less Zombie castle in the land.)
    edited 12.12.2012
    "(Lupo had left the recently captured castle that Hammon had cleared out. Making his way further east with his Strike Force, they came upon another Zombie infested castle. Once again using a stealthy infiltration of the castle and freeing this group of people as he did with the first castle he came upon, he quickly armed the civilians that chose to fight with him and organized them into a proper little army. Waiting until day break, he personally led small groups of them on raids against the castle that took down more and more of the zombies within. Once the sun was at it's zenith, he led a full charge against the castle and it's severely depleted zombie soldiers within. Demolishing the gate, the armed citizens flooded the castle and cleared it out by night fall, leaving one less Zombie castle in the land.) "

Perfect! Keep it this way. No more Lanterns and Visored and yada yada yada. Keep it simple, keep it fun.
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 13.12.2012
    i am going to start reading it though i wont be playing, so can you give me a summary of what has been happening lately?this looks pretty interesting and i am alwys ready to read a great story!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
    edited 13.12.2012
    OOC: Where are the Fire Peaks anyway? The Branded Army is still preparing for another 3 weeks and 5 days by now so I figure Lupo'll be participating more in the challenges now.
    edited 13.12.2012
    To the East. Like in the game! :)
  • thewiseman2thewiseman2 Posts: 237
    edited 13.12.2012
    hello whats happening?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thewiseman @ usa 1
    It just doesn't...
    edited 14.12.2012
    (At the fort currently occupied by the Branded Armies, the newest zombie variant is revealed. After going through extensive testing for it's new strengths, as well as it's weaknesses, it was approved for full production. In the end, only 20 would be made, and all 20 would be expected to die if not during then after the Siege. These newest Giants were no bigger or more intelligent than the other zombie giants but they were far, far stronger as a result of the additional two arms that had been fused onto their bodies. From the tops of their heads sprouted two horns that resembled a bull's as well as oversized k-9 teeth, making them look more like a Devil straight out of Hell. In addition to their strength being doubled, they were slightly faster, and more susceptible to the control of the Shadow Mercenary Commanders that would ride on their shoulders. Unfortunately, these newest weapons have a time limit in which they may be used by the Branded Army. After a couple hours of strenuous activity on the part of the new Devil Giants they would essentially turn to stone and then crumble to dust. Also, they would frequently fly into spasmatic bursts of energy where they would attack anything within reach and would become completely uncontrollable, destroying friend and foe alike. When they are first created, they are inert on the ground from which they are formed, requiring a jolt of fire under their skin to re-animate them. This is ultimately a good and a bad thing. The first Devil Giants had been tested and put into Sphere Armor, a special variant of the zombie giant armor that would allow the individual plate sections to join together into the rough shape of a great steel ball when the Devil Giant wearing it would crouch down. These, in addition to the Wooden Balls filled with the dozens of regular sized zombies, are intended to be launched over the walls of Minastor to wreak havoc on the inside of the city and to open the gates for the rest of the army. The Siege of Minastor was going to be a lengthy one at the least, projected to last at least a week if not two weeks in order to take full control of it's districts. All the Devil Giants would do is shorten the time taken to breach the city, as they were made to do.)
  • DomovoiDomovoi Posts: 266
    edited 15.12.2012
    OOC: as long as Elfy is the narrator of this story, I suggest we abide by his wishes. I'm going to clear things up.

Fellswain knelt at the feet of Queen Angelica. "My most feared Queen. Lupo marches now with an army of not only humans but zombies as well. It is as if 'all occasions do inform' (Hamlet) against us. Even the Templars plan to unseat you from your throne. There is no way around it my lady. We simply do not have an army that can defeat them."

Angelica has dark rings around her eyes, and she looks extremely tired, her hair all undone, and out of place, "What-must-I-do." she managed.

"My Queen I suggest that you abdicate. Do this and you may be shone mercy. Give Lupo whatever he wants."

"-and if he wants revenge?"

"Flee. I will try and buy you some time."

"I trust you like I trust a hornet not to sting me. Nonetheless I shalt abdicate, but I will not agree to any of Lupo's demands. I plan to flee. Death himself has spoken to me. He plans on taking me to his underworld prisons himself, but I will not go. There is an apothecar high in the mountains West of the Forests of Alorlam. It is said that he found the key to immortality. So there will I convey myself. Adieu."

With that Angelica stood, placed a scroll on the arm of her throne, and went outside to mount her Griffin who would carry her to her mountain destination.

Fellswain stood dumbstruck at her prompt exit, then it dawned on him that she had left no lord in her stead. Fellswain mounted the stairs, unrolled the scroll and very carefully copied his name in her handwriting onto the scroll. To anyone but the most scrupulous he would seem to be Angelica's heir. He went to make the proclamation of his new office.

There is no exterior significance to Angelica leaving and Fellswain taking power. Things are as they seem.
    Domovoi @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.