Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Siege Equipment

FlyingpigzFlyingpigz Posts: 294
Very sorry if this has been mentioned before, but as a war game, GGE needs siege equipment.

Not like the ladders and the battering rams, but actual units.

Since we already have a siege workshop, you would only need to add buttons for the new units: Scorpion, Mangonel, and trebuchet.

In the research tower, you can research upgrades: Scorpion- Steel tipped arrow, Mangonel- Flaming projectiles, and Trebuchet- More advanced weight system to launch projectiles with a greater velocity.

Open for suggestions and criticism, and ideas for how YOU think this idea will work better.

(Sorry for any mis-spelled words).

Also, I may have forgotten, that units will need to be pushing this equipment, so they will use up quite a bit of food.
Post edited by Flyingpigz on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Favorite Qoute:
-Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy

Comments

• evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 04.09.2012
    Flyingpigz wrote: »
    Very sorry if this has been mentioned before, but as a war game, GGE needs siege equipment.

Not like the ladders and the battering rams, but actual units.

Since we already have a siege workshop, you would only need to add buttons for the new units: Scorpion, Mongonel (idk if you spell it that way), and trebuchet.

In the research tower, you can research upgrades: Scorpion- Steel tipped arrow, Mongonel- Flaming projectiles, and Trebuchet- More advanced weight system to launch projectiles with a greater velocity.

Open for suggestions and criticism, and ideas for how YOU think this idea will work better.

(Sorry for any mis-spelled words).

Also, I may have forgotten, that units will need to be pushing this equipment, so they will use upquite a bit of food.

This seems better than some ideas. It seems interesting to have actual units, not just tools.

By the way, It's a mangonel.
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThornPrickleyThornPrickley Posts: 668
    edited 04.09.2012
    This is a great idea! You need to make a poll to see how many other people agree :D
    I, AM BACK!

?(A blue police box floating in space? Is it bigger on the inside? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Do you know what this is from?
  • MeisangryMeisangry Posts: 113
    edited 04.09.2012
    I like the idea but cant help but feel it would cause a lot of upset. Higher levels would need to kill of large numbers of soldiers to support just a few of these units (potentially leaving them vulnerable) and also ways to defend against them. With out that most of the strategic planning me and my alliance do would go to waste as it would become useless overnight.

Im not saying its a bad idea, because i like it, but it has some serious flaws that would need addressing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Proud member of Bloody Blades
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 04.09.2012
    Meisangry wrote: »
    I like the idea but cant help but feel it would cause a lot of upset. Higher levels would need to kill of large numbers of soldiers to support just a few of these units (potentially leaving them vulnerable) and also ways to defend against them. With out that most of the strategic planning me and my alliance do would go to waste as it would become useless overnight.

Im not saying its a bad idea, because i like it, but it has some serious flaws that would need addressing

That's why they said 'Open for suggestions and criticism, and ideas for how YOU think this idea will work better.'
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FlyingpigzFlyingpigz Posts: 294
    edited 04.09.2012
    Thanks for the reviews so far! I will add a poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
  • MeisangryMeisangry Posts: 113
    edited 04.09.2012
    evets4 wrote: »
    That's why they said 'Open for suggestions and criticism, and ideas for how YOU think this idea will work better.'

This is the issue, im not sure. All i can think is something in the research tower for reinforced buildings or something which minimizes the effect, but im struggling to come up with a defensive tool...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Proud member of Bloody Blades
    edited 05.09.2012
    Does there have to be an extra defense tool?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    edited 13.09.2012
    I was reading a recent post on more soldiers, and thought I'd bring this thread back up, it's a couple weeks old. More comments please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 14.09.2012
    Flyingpigz wrote: »
    Does there have to be an extra defense tool?

Yes there absoulutely needs to be a defensive tool or else your defenses are going to get squashed even if it was 1500 defenders against 1,040 attackers. There needs to be a balance in everything. And since we're on the topic of tools, we should also be able to send 3 different types of tools on the left and right flanks and 4 different types of tools in the center.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 14.09.2012
    Yes there absoulutely needs to be a defensive tool or else your defenses are going to get squashed even if it was 1500 defenders against 1,040 attackers. There needs to be a balance in everything. And since we're on the topic of tools, we should also be able to send 3 different types of tools on the left and right flanks and 4 different types of tools in the center.

are you crazy? Luke, Are you? the defenders have to at least have a chance to get a bonus from one type
    (moat, wall, gate or ranged)
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
    edited 26.09.2012
    Okay, suggestions on how to balance out the defense, because of the new offensive units I think should be implemented?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
  • XieblXiebl Posts: 13
    edited 27.09.2012
    This is a good idea but there also should be the defensive versions of these tools.
    Xiebl @ WWW 2
    edited 27.09.2012
    Yes, I quite agree, I'm struggling to come up with something that fits the profile though. Any suggestions? Please post them here! Thanks for the support guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 27.09.2012
    Hmm, I'm not sure this is really needed. If these tools/units are to be ruby based then I wouldn't want this. The armourer is expensive enough and I already have hundreds of outdated non armourer ruby tools that I can't use. I just think there's no need for new ruby tools.

If this idea is for a resource based tool then would they be more powerful then the current non armourer ruby tools?

I'm just not sure where these would fit into the game without annoying people and they would need a defensive counterpart or they would unbalance things.
    It's been a while.....

• Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 27.09.2012
    Good and interesting ideas - but I'm not sure how they would be incorporated or fit into the game.

Also, until they fix the massive gap between ruby players armourer tools and the normal resource tools, I wouldn't want to see this implemented. I wouldn't want to see further over the top advantages on the siege side of things for ruby players. http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?31234-Better-recourse-tools
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • KnightBiffKnightBiff Posts: 12
    edited 27.09.2012
    So if there were going to be siege units, there should be 4 kinds: Ballista, Mangonel, Onager, and Trebuchet. As for the mechanics, this is how it could possibly work. You send out your army with your heavy weapons. They camp near the castle, and sit there for a certain length of time(multiple hours), depending on how much you want to knock down. That gives time for their alliance to send support, to balance out the power of the weapons. If the player is online, they can begin to repair the wall, which minimizes the damage done.

If you wanted to make them more like the current siege tools, you could have the anti-tool be bags of dirt to deaden the shock of the projectiles. However, they do not work as a normal wall bonus, just against these special weapons.
    KnightBiff @ usa 1

Play E-Sim, a simulation of modern world. You can become a virtual citizen of one of 46 virtual countries and participate in it's political, military and economical life.

http://primera.e-sim.org/lan.216434/
  • Elliotell333 (US1)Elliotell333 (US1) Posts: 139
    edited 28.09.2012
    YOu could have catapults that show on the towers
    Stikethroughitailiziedbold, normal.
    Just sayin'.
    Rated by Baldrick for a sum 0 gain. Like a Boss.
    Baldrick said:
    +100 points for originality.
    -100 points for the greater good.
    Overall score = 0
    So? Mr Elliotell is a far better CM imitator than Dauglas (no offence, man).
  • tomson101tomson101 Posts: 7
    edited 21.11.2012
    Maybe are walcatapults a nice defensive form of catapult: you did see a lot of catapults standing on the wall in the medieval war.
    Ps both should be a half unit because you need people the handle them, those could be recruited in your barracks
    tomson101 @ nl 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file