Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

catapults

13»

Comments

• Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 13.10.2012
    Add a vote, I say no
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 13.10.2012
    Here's a suggestion: People actually use Search before posting a new thread.. Look at all the other threads that have popped up about this..
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 13.10.2012
    This Idea have been suggested so many times, why people can't make a search?
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • Big RabBig Rab Posts: 20
    edited 15.10.2012
    we should have catapult. that throws fire into castles. but it can be attacked by the castle to get rid of it quicker or have it on a time limit of say 1 hour at say 2 rounds of ammo every 10 mins, as it would take time to reload.

Big Rab
    Bad Boys
    Big Rab @ WWW 1
    edited 15.10.2012
    Srry, ignore this
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
    edited 15.10.2012
    OMG This is like the 3rd thread with the same idea in the last 2 days!
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2

• yugdsfdsfyugdsfdsf Posts: 42
    edited 15.10.2012
    this would not work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] level 53 castle proud to be a menber of outlaws
  • FlyingpigzFlyingpigz Posts: 294
    edited 16.10.2012
    Brilliant idea. Not unlike mine, but also different idea. Mine was this:
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?31948-Siege-Equipment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
    edited 16.10.2012
    Heres my idea about catapults if they add them.This game needs Catapults and you can only make them in LVL 3 defence workshops
    Catapult Info: Mainly attacks tools and some troops
    10000-Wood
    15000-Stone
    8.5 hours to contruct

And one more thing the Max you can own in your castle is 3(to even out its power) disapears after use.

Thread merged with one on existing topic - Bunzy

How about level 4 worrkshop, alot more resources, and 20 hours to construct? More reasonable.
    Sorry for double posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
    edited 16.10.2012
    Heres my idea about catapults if they add them.This game needs Catapults and you can only make them in LVL 3 defence workshops
    Catapult Info: Mainly attacks tools and some troops
    10000-Wood
    15000-Stone
    8.5 hours to contruct

And one more thing the Max you can own in your castle is 3(to even out its power) disapears after use.

Thread merged with one on existing topic - Bunzy

How about level 4 worrkshop, alot more resources, and 20 hours to construct? More reasonable.
    Sorry for double posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
  • JonBerserk7 (US1)JonBerserk7 (US1) Posts: 9,135
    edited 16.10.2012
    sorry guys. has been suggested already ain't happening. plus i don't really like that idea for some reason
    JonBerserk7 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #TheDreamLivesOn
  • Michael764GamerMichael764Gamer Posts: 241
    edited 16.10.2012
    such a thing would be misused sorry..... furthermore there shall have to be something than can counter a catapult
    Michael764Gamer @ WWW 1
  • general woo (INT1)general woo (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1
    edited 13.11.2012
    I want something like these:

catapult.jpg

Since GGS needs large amount of time to implement it, i made myself one right now ;)
    general woo @ WWW 1
  • dragon80dragon80 Posts: 66
    edited 13.11.2012
    i think it should cost resources because otherwise only ruby buyer will get i have nothing against ruby buyer i know they support the game but the other that dont buy need a way to defend themselves against the catapult otherwise they will never stop being on fire and the gap is huge and it would be fair since the bermond event is basically ruby based and i havent seen one good resource update i am starting to dislike and think this is a one sided game remember its only 1 out of every 10 people that actally buy a good amount of rubies we need a way to either make better resource tools or make this catapult cost resources but alot of them like 80k stone and 50k wood
    (awkward silence) gay baby born
  • DenmanDenman Posts: 428
    edited 14.11.2012
    catapults are incredibly slow moving and require many men to move them if its gonna be a tool then i think that you should either have to pay rubies for it or to have to research it. it would have like 5 travel speed. not only that but its draws so much attention so it would increase the alert time of the defenders. i think it should have -25 gate and -15 wall.
    I consider my troops to be money, that goes out and takes prisoners, that then in turn goes out an takes more prisoners!
    11.jpg
  • Elliotell333 (US1)Elliotell333 (US1) Posts: 139
    edited 14.11.2012
    NON SPECIFIC
    people have said this it before.
    Stikethroughitailiziedbold, normal.
    Just sayin'.
    Rated by Baldrick for a sum 0 gain. Like a Boss.
    Baldrick said:
    +100 points for originality.
    -100 points for the greater good.
    Overall score = 0
    So? Mr Elliotell is a far better CM imitator than Dauglas (no offence, man).
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 14.11.2012
    As far as I can see this would just give a huge advantage to higher level players against lower level players... Here's my thinking. Against another, equal level, player, the catapults would simply be negated by that players appropriate defences. That is assuming that there is a counter measure to these bombardments, which there has to be else this whole idea is way too overpowered. So, the only people who suffer from these intercontinental bombardments are players who have not reached a level where the countermeasures become available. This isn't even bringing in big alliances... just try and imagine what becomes of any castle when every member of a huge alliance fields all its catapults!
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • DanceRulerDanceRuler Posts: 828
    edited 14.11.2012
    Bunzy wrote: »
    Hello MaximusKlieth, please elaborate on not an outpost? As there was no talk of outpost. Do you mean that this tool should not be available in an outpost?

Hi, I think he means like being used as a tool. This is exactly my point. The catapults can't just be there and destroy the victim without any soldiers, without them any chance to defend. The catapult can't be built on the world map(Like an Outpost) and captured if possible but I if there is a catapult option, there should be tools to defend it. Extra space to insert the tool, it should go along with the attack. So I don't think we need Catapults.
    DR @en1...... Hi all
    "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness."
    -Mother Teresa
Sign In to comment.