Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Advice on making my Army

Punk Thug (US1)Punk Thug (US1) Posts: 433
edited 19.10.2012 in Players ask Players
So, I just got wiped, HARD. i'm starting to rebuild, and I wanted some advice on how to make it. Most times, i only build Attackers. I can support a huge army that way and it has made me very rich to do so. But, then i run into the problem like today, where a force less then half the size of mine wipes me out and starts 24 fires.

So any advice on how to have a Standing Defense Army and a Good size Attack force? I have 3 8 food outposts, but the're still getting built up. Still, I make 4000K food an hour. All castles have the best wall and lvl 3 towers are getting made. Moats in 2 lvls.
Post edited by Punk Thug (US1) on
Kitty says 'roaw'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Punk Thug

"Stop giving me maps!!! I want RELIC PIECES!!!"

Comments

• evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 18.10.2012
    Punk Thug wrote: »
    So, I just got wiped, HARD. i'm starting to rebuild, and I wanted some advice on how to make it. Most times, i only build Attackers. I can support a huge army that way and it has made me very rich to do so. But, then i run into the problem like today, where a force less then half the size of mine wipes me out and starts 24 fires.

So any advice on how to have a Standing Defense Army and a Good size Attack force? I have 3 8 food outposts, but the're still getting built up. Still, I make 4000K food an hour. All castles have the best wall and lvl 3 towers are getting made. Moats in 2 lvls.

Wow, 4,000,000 Food an hour?

Well, keep only defenders in your main castle, and maybe send out your attackers somewhere far away at night so they don't get killed?
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord HarithLord Harith Posts: 129
    edited 18.10.2012
    Here's what I do. The trick is just to get as many defense soldiers you can, then make a few attack. What I do is I have pretty much 100% defense troops and to get honor/glory I just end up making people angry at me through messages, so they will attack me and fail epicly. (lol). But what I recommend is having about 75%-85% defense, and the rest offense. You could reduce the defense, but I always like to go to sleep at night knowing my castle and OP's are safe and secure. And always move your offense around between your outposts. I move mine everyday, so if someone is planning an attack on one outpost and they think your offense is there, they will probably be wrong if you keep moving them.
    Lord Harith of S.S.R. @ usa 1
  • Conqueror9Conqueror9 Posts: 896
    edited 18.10.2012

u get 4000k food, u can feed tons of soldiers

recruit tons of longbow and hald, at least several times of your wall stand

as far as i know, may be wrong,
    when u get hit with waves, tools are used per waves, i suppose dedender soldier are the same (1st wave, some down, but will fill up from courtyard, if not, defending sodlier vs attacking army is still best in courtyard...u get tons of attacking soldier with less defend strenght in courtyard is very super risky, i lost 600 soldier vs a few attacking soldier in courtyard like that )

u need to hold at least 1 of left, fronter or right flank so that enemy has no bonus in courtyard

u need flamming arrow, tar...etc , fill a lot , so they can handle various waves

u do not need attacking soldier to defend your castle/outpost

u need a reasonable amount of attacking soldier to farm RBC and barbatian tower/fortress...
    if u want to farm player, u also need tons of attacking sodlier for various waves
    Conqueror9 @ au 1
    edited 18.10.2012

u get 4000k food, u can feed tons of soldiers

recruit tons of longbow and hald, at least several times of your wall stand

as far as i know, may be wrong,
    when u get hit with waves, tools are used per waves, i suppose dedender soldier are the same (1st wave, some down, but will fill up from courtyard, if not, defending sodlier vs attacking army is still best in courtyard...u get tons of attacking soldier with less defend strenght in courtyard is very super risky, i lost 600 soldier vs a few attacking soldier in courtyard like that )

u need to hold at least 1 of left, fronter or right flank so that enemy has no bonus in courtyard

u need flamming arrow, tar...etc , fill a lot , so they can handle various waves

u do not need attacking soldier to defend your castle/outpost

u need a reasonable amount of attacking soldier to farm RBC and barbatian tower/fortress...
    if u want to farm player, u also need tons of attacking sodlier for various waves
    Conqueror9 @ au 1
  • T_PACKT_PACK Posts: 433
    edited 18.10.2012

A suggestion I would make is to build enough defense troops to fill your walls; after that buy attack troops, and you should be safe enough.
    Use a 50-0-50 defense, and also make sure you have enough tools to fill all castle wall slots for up to 5 waves, and have some in reserve.

Hope this helped, good luck.

- T_PACK
  • Punk Thug (US1)Punk Thug (US1) Posts: 433
    edited 18.10.2012
    sorry, 4000k was a typo. 4000 or 4K an hour. if I was making a million an hour, I wouldn't ever get beat

thanks for the advice all. I almost got 200 maces and cross together, then i
    ll start raiding while I build Def troops.
    Kitty says 'roaw'

edited 18.10.2012
    sorry, 4000k was a typo. 4000 or 4K an hour. if I was making a million an hour, I wouldn't ever get beat

thanks for the advice all. I almost got 200 maces and cross together, then i
    ll start raiding while I build Def troops.

u need
    twohandsword and
    heavy crossbowmen

for RBC

macemen ( a good "loot" amount) is only for harvest if enemy army is gone
    Conqueror9 @ au 1
  • Punk Thug (US1)Punk Thug (US1) Posts: 433
    edited 18.10.2012
    You don't use maces /cross as 1st wave martyrs? I find a wave of those with tools wipes out most armies. of course, I was using that to protect my TKnights and Marauders... Might have to revisit the issue....
    Kitty says 'roaw'

• T_PACKT_PACK Posts: 433
    edited 18.10.2012
    You don't use maces /cross as 1st wave martyrs? I find a wave of those with tools wipes out most armies. of course, I was using that to protect my TKnights and Marauders... Might have to revisit the issue....

I agree with the martyr point, but a good goal would be to have double your macemen/crossbowmen numbers in heavy attack troops (TKs, 2HS, HCs, Veterans, etc). so if you have 200 macemen/crossbowmen, you should try to have 400 of the stronger attack troops. That's my goal at least.

- T_PACK
    edited 19.10.2012

You don't use maces /cross as 1st wave martyrs?

For RBC only.... Barbarian tower --not yet checked ?? Barbarian Fortress..i believe i will not use

Player usually has a lot of defense tools, they a used as per attack wave
    u set off at 1st waves, i suppose next defense tools a ready for your 2nd wave, 3rd wave and 4th waves

my skill allow me to use 1 macemen in left/fronter/right
    i do not have a hugh amount of macemen for martyrs

i do want to know...how to use more than 1 macemen as martyrs..and ots effect

i have lot of macemen ..they a used to "loot" player after their defense is down
    i know some player place tons of macemen in 3rd waves ( to loot more )

i do not use macemen to attack player...
    usually i use 2hands and heavy-cross
    thereafter..macemen on duty
    Conqueror9 @ au 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file