We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Natural Disasters

DFlynnDFlynn Posts: 216
I saw 2 suggestions talking about natural disasters, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and some other stuff. What about blizzards for the Everwinter glacier and sandstorms for the burning sands. They could be big clouds moving slowly around the world map and everything in them stops. Castles cant send attacks, if a moving army (support or attack) goes into one they have to stop and set up camp until it moves on. I understand that this could get annoying for the attacker but it would be another factor to think about before sending an attack. This could be very good for a defending player. If he sees an attack coming but then the army has to stop for a few hours, then he has time to move his troops to the castle/op that is getting attacked or recruit more soldiers.
Post edited by DFlynn on
DFlynn @ WWW 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 03.10.2012
    Bad Idea and have been suggested before, advantages only for the defenders is pointless.
    If you make some advantages for the attackers it may sound better, for example something like a fog that decrease warning time in 50% for the defender will balance things and this Idea will cause too much lag, so I don't think if this will be ever implemented
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 03.10.2012
    This is a war game, why would you want to stop/hinder attacks?
    It's been a while.....

• DFlynnDFlynn Posts: 216
    edited 03.10.2012
    do you have to comment on everything?
    DFlynn @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 03.10.2012
    DFlynn wrote: »
    do you have to comment on everything?

Pretty much yes. Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is brilliant. I'm just not sure how it would fit into the game. And GGS want us to attack each other as it makes them money. I just don't think they would take on any ideas that hinder attacks.

If there was a way to incorporate natural disasters without affecting players ability to attack that would be good.
    It's been a while.....

• HelmlerHelmler Posts: 978
    edited 03.10.2012
    Why is it that most of the ideas for new content I see here I've seen in other games?

Dragons, boats, catapults etc = AoE/AoM. Fog of War = C&C. Natural disasters = Sim City.

If you don't know where they are going to go how can you plan attacks? This just seems like another idea that will over-complicate the game and isn't really needed. Sorry.
    Helmler @ WWW 1 Rayo McQueen @ WWW2

Proud Member of Black~Rose~Fire (in spirit if not body)
  • DFlynnDFlynn Posts: 216
    edited 03.10.2012
    i didnt have to play sim city to come up with the idea of natural disasters. and a huge cloud moving across the world map isnt going to so a 90 degree turn. if it's going to turn it would have to do it gradually. so if you see it coming in your direction you would either take the risk and send your attack or wait to see what direction it's moving first. i dont think thats going to over complicate the game.
    DFlynn @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 04.10.2012
    DFlynn wrote: »
    i didnt have to play sim city to come up with the idea of natural disasters. and a huge cloud moving across the world map isnt going to so a 90 degree turn. if it's going to turn it would have to do it gradually. so if you see it coming in your direction you would either take the risk and send your attack or wait to see what direction it's moving first. i dont think thats going to over complicate the game.

Actually, that cloud's been there since Everwinter Glacier opened. I don't think it's planning to move anywhere soon.

But as I said, hindering attacks wont be good for the game. Also, all the attacks in this game pretty much work in the same way. Army travels from A to B, fights and then travels back from B to A (if there are any survivors). It's pretty basic really, having stops or pauses on the way would over complicate things. And giving the possibility that players could get more notice on attacks would reduce attacks, which isn't good.

So, although the idea sounds exciting, I don't think it would suit this game. Not as it is anyway.
    It's been a while.....

• famous nadinfamous nadin Posts: 335
    edited 05.10.2012
    bad,but a senceble idea
    counting on my fingers no one beats me till now,waiting for a true warrior that will fight me8):D;):(
    I need an alliance please help me and see my thread - http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64697-need-an-alliance&p=719436#post719436
  • Michael764GamerMichael764Gamer Posts: 241
    edited 08.10.2012
    i think its not that bad.... maybe these natural disasters such as earthquakes could damage a few buildings, blizzards and sand storms could slow production or slow troops movement it doesnt have to neccessarily hinder them and maybe they can cover soldiers troops movement e.g im attacking a castle but there is a sand storm which would slow me down but it would make my army less detectable.... but then again such a idea would cause maybe glitches and bugs.... on a more personal note it would slow down my game i believe
    Michael764Gamer @ WWW 1
  • T_PACKT_PACK Posts: 433
    edited 08.10.2012
    We already have natural disasters... search "Missing Troops" and you'll see who has been affected. :P

- T_PACK
    [SIGPIC]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c100.0.403.403/p403x403/534640_546626118700179_911575198_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    T_PACK @ usa 1 and NCPACK @ WWW1
    Proud Sargeant of Camelot Doomsayr
  • bagofricebagofrice Posts: 110
    edited 09.10.2012
    You could build a new tower to predict the weather.
    The weather and other natural disasters could affect the travelling time and the resource production
    bagofrice @ WWW 2
Sign In to comment.