We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Unhappy/frustrated

AfiniasmenosAfiniasmenos Posts: 14
edited 10.10.2012 in Technical Assistance
I am really frustrated, how is possible to launch an attack of 1000 troops with tools and 30 secs later you retreat them and they need 34 hours to come back. I am very disappointed from all these technical issues. I am fed up with all these bugs that are so natural to happen. well If this game is not BUG FREE put back the BETA sign and leave the celebrations for all the winning awards and worked them out. I am not spending any money for rubies anymore. How the heck you want us to spend time and money here with all these technical issues.

Please do not give me any CHEEZY response like " its a graphical bug and we are working on it." As I do not believe you any more.

FIX IT.

Afiniasmenos
Post edited by Afiniasmenos on
Afiniasmenos @ WWW 2

Comments

• swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 23.09.2012
    i dont think its a bug it probably took 34 hours to hit the place you were attacking i think it would be the same no matter where you retreated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
  • AfiniasmenosAfiniasmenos Posts: 14
    edited 23.09.2012
    nope, I need it 3:32 to get there. but it doesnt make sense after a 30 secs launch to need 34 hours to get back
    Afiniasmenos @ WWW 2
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 23.09.2012
    Happened to me, but not like that, I sent an attack and I retreated it 3 minutes after I launched it, but the troops jumped a lot behind in the map, in the place I retreat them and they took over 20 minutes to arrive my castle.

This is a bug, If your troops travelled 3 minutes to a castle and you retreat them is obvious they will need 3 minutes to arrive again
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 23.09.2012
    I'm not entirely sure that it's a bug, ridiculous as that sounds.

When troops travel to a castle, you generally send them with horses.

When troops return or retreat from that castle, I'm fairly sure that they don't come back with horses.

Therefore, if you retreat troops that were travelling a long distance with level 3 heavy ruby horses, it's going to take a LOT longer to come back than it did to get there.

This is just a theory, though.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
    edited 23.09.2012
    I'm not entirely sure that it's a bug, ridiculous as that sounds.

When troops travel to a castle, you generally send them with horses.

When troops return or retreat from that castle, I'm fairly sure that they don't come back with horses.

Therefore, if you retreat troops that were travelling a long distance with level 3 heavy ruby horses, it's going to take a LOT longer to come back than it did to get there.

This is just a theory, though.

I don't think that is what happened, how can with a total travel time of ~60 minutes with coin horses, my army travelled 3 minutes I retreated them and they took 20 minutes to come back?
    20 minutes is around 3,0 distance to the army travel on foot, and I am pretty sure they didn't travelled 3 of distance in 3 minutes
    TD7ircx.png

xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
    edited 23.09.2012
    xJadetsssx wrote: »
    I don't think that is what happened, how can with a total travel time of ~60 minutes with coin horses, my army travelled 3 minutes I retreated them and they took 20 minutes to come back?
    20 minutes is around 3,0 distance to the army travel on foot, and I am pretty sure they didn't travelled 3 of distance in 3 minutes

Maybe not. Has anyone contacted support and asked about this bug? I'm sure they can tell whether it really is a bug or not.

2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
  • AfiniasmenosAfiniasmenos Posts: 14
    edited 23.09.2012
    My troops never reached the opponent's castle. They were on their way only for 30 seconds. how 30 seconds were translated in 34 hours its unbelievable.
    Afiniasmenos @ WWW 2
    edited 23.09.2012
    My troops never reached the opponent's castle. They were on their way only for 30 seconds. how 30 seconds were translated in 34 hours its unbelievable.

We are aware of the situation. There is no need to restate the obvious.

• edited 25.09.2012
    no!!! its not a bug,your troops take more time too get back i dont know the reason but its a game and dont blame the game dont buy rubies! why you need to tell the whole world

I don't know what you were thinking when you posted the above, but seriously, read the thread clearly before posting understandable answers... If you are referring to the OP, then you'll see that the amount of time is in question, as the player sent the attack for under a minute before retreating. If you are talking about the post just before you, it is well-known that the missing troops bug will cause... surprise, surprise, missing troops... :D

I personally find it extremely hard to believe 30 second could translate to 34 hours as well. I've tried sending the wrong resources (+ horses and about 250 units distant) and retreating them in about 1 min. They got back in the same time...
    ProStrategos @ EN 1

'Heroes fight to the death, but so do fools and lunatics.'

'All my villagers said they're fed up of food. They want beer or rubies. I'm all outta beer.' - MaJeStiic

Proud General of United and a Leader of the Guild of Unity!
    United We Stand!
  • Rainbow77Rainbow77 Posts: 50
    edited 25.09.2012
    I opened a ticket few weeks ago and the support said that's a known bug and they are working on a solution.
    Rainbow77 @ en 1
  • Glowy3Glowy3 Posts: 5
    edited 25.09.2012
    i am trying to buy rubies i have done it before no problem i push buy rubies and nothing happens
    Glowy @ usa 1
  • PurplePancakesPurplePancakes Posts: 219
    edited 26.09.2012
    you should contact support, also dont post it here because it is irrelevant to the thread, create a new thread or search for one that is about your problem
    lis90.gif
    Thanks to DarknessGhost for this signature.
    edited 26.09.2012
    Glowy3 wrote: »
    i am trying to buy rubies i have done it before no problem i push buy rubies and nothing happens

Please do not go off topic. Hijacking people's threads is very annoying. Go make your own thread and explain your problem clearly.
    I attacked with 51 people and only lost 1, but my troops didnt come back! so now i only have 20!!!

Please do not go off topic. Hijacking people's threads is very annoying. LOOK for about half a minute and you may find something related to your problem.

@Famous nadin, why do you think troops take time to come back? This game is supposed to be realistic and you can't just click a button and have troops teleport to or from a castle.

edited 26.09.2012
    This game is supposed to be realistic and you can't just click a button and have troops teleport to or from a castle.

Well, the moving between kingdoms have that option ^.....^
    TD7ircx.png

xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
    edited 26.09.2012
    xJadetsssx wrote: »
    Well, the moving between kingdoms have that option ^.....^

We don't know what the other kingdoms are. They could be another dimension or a world hovering above the original one where you need to either climb a ladder for 2 hours or pay some rubies to take an elevator to get between them. :P

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 27.09.2012
    Yeah, I was watching a movie all about castles set in this time period and there were elevators everywhere!

I actually think they should remove the ruby option for transporting between kingdoms, it's far too easy to move troops around. It's also completely unbelievable.

Back to topic. Whenever I send troops and either retreat them or wait for the return path, they always take the same amount of time.

I'd say this is definately a bug.
    It's been a while.....

• spidderwesspidderwes Posts: 68
    edited 29.09.2012
    We don't know what the other kingdoms are. They could be another dimension or a world hovering above the original one where you need to either climb a ladder for 2 hours or pay some rubies to take an elevator to get between them. :P

i know it was a joke but they didnt invent elevaters by then
    shadowempire.png
  • AsabamaAsabama Posts: 3
    edited 10.10.2012
    I sent my troops away to attack and because I made a misstake I called them back after about 5 seconds to adjust yhe attack and sent again, and then I see it takes more then 15 hours for them to return.

How is this possible?
    Asabama @ nl 1
  • M.Arsalan AliM.Arsalan Ali Posts: 94
    edited 10.10.2012
    It also happened to me few days earlier, I think that it is a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
Sign In to comment.