Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Castles to the next level.

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
edited 09.09.2012 in Players ask Players
This is more of a discussion than a question really.

I'm in the fortunate position that I have almost fully built all seven castles. I now have a few decisions to make.

I have almost completed all research and can fund the remaining easily from my main castle.

Therefor, I produce far more resources than I can ever use. I supply my alliance and also some friends with stone and wood. I also donate more resources to the alliance funds than we can use.

So here's my question. Should I demolish resource buildings in my castles/outposts?

The benefits being that I will have more space for dwellings (more taxes) and decorations (more food and resources). At the moment I make 1800 coins per 10 minutes. I intend to increase this amount soon to at least 2000.

Additionally, do I really need defense/siege workshops in every outpost? I can easily move tools in from my main castle.

I would be interested to find out if any other players have made these kinds of changes and how much benefits they have seen.

Additionally, what happens if GGS decide to upgrade our walls and keeps to level 5? Will I have enough resources available to build them.

It's all a question about balance really and if anyone has any advice or views on these issues I would be very happy to hear them.
It's been a while.....

Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on

Comments

• ~Farsight~~Farsight~ Posts: 852
    edited 09.09.2012
    main castles keep the same but posts......
    just for food
    Don't push me...
    Those who deny our freedom will see no mercy
    lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BadgameBadgame Posts: 399
    edited 09.09.2012
    I would demolish all resource buildings but 3, have 5 dwellings in main castle, 3 in ur outposts, 8 in the winter, sand and fire
    Badgame From the World 2

My name is Badgame because i thought this game gonna be bad, because its a "goodgame" empire

signature_ice2hacf.png
  • DarkAdam327DarkAdam327 Posts: 115
    edited 09.09.2012
    Badgame wrote: »
    I would demolish all resource buildings but 3, have 5 dwellings in main castle, 3 in ur outposts, 8 in the winter, sand and fire
    Good idea but probably more dwellings
    DarkAdam327 @ en 1
  • M.Arsalan AliM.Arsalan Ali Posts: 94
    edited 09.09.2012
    I don't think that it is a good idea as increasing the number of dwellings will also effect the food production which mean that you can feed less number of soldiers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
  • LOL LOL2LOL LOL2 Posts: 566
    edited 09.09.2012
    you dont really need dwellings either if you have high level robber barons, barbarian towers,desert towers, and cultist towers. You can easily earn tons of coins and resources from them :P
    thronking.png
  • baldr1ckbaldr1ck Posts: 1
    edited 09.09.2012
    Thanks for the info guys.

As it is I have 12 level 10 dwellings most of my castles. So I make a decent amount of tax.

I really wanted to know if anyone else has started to demolish unneeded buildings to make way for dwellings and decorations.

Seems a bit of a waste to knock them down but if I don't need them.....

Thanks for the input.
    baldr1ck @ WWW 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file