Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Letter Regarding Upcoming Update

Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
Dear Developers,
Firstly, I would like to say thank you for creating such an excellent (yet expensive) game for us to enjoy, Yes it has a lot of problems that need to be worked out, but I'm sure you guys are trying your best.

I have read that in this week's update, you will be reducing the limit of the total number of villages you get to 5 of each type. This has made a lot of the players who worked REALLY hard to get those villages REALLY upset. Please, you have already lost a lot of good customers in the past 3 months due to a steep increase in technical problems and bugs. Please do not implement this new limit as it will make more players even more upset. What about the soldiers at those villages? What about the countless coins, rubies, and HOURS we spent capturing those villages? Please, I really hope you take my letter into consideration.

@Forumers- If you guys agree with me, please sign this letter. Perhaps we can make them change their mind about the upcoming update. It's worth a shot...

Signed,
Luke Fierysword
Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
Post edited by Luke Fierysword on

Comments

• ~Farsight~~Farsight~ Posts: 852
    edited 08.09.2012
    signed
    me, the best guy
    Don't push me...
    Those who deny our freedom will see no mercy
    lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 08.09.2012
    Signed
    Noob who should support this update because he is going to get more villages due to it but thinks that it's so terrible for those poor high level players who worked so hard A.K.A. BobFighter834.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 08.09.2012
    Signed
    Noob who should support this update because he is going to get more villages due to it but thinks that it's so terrible for those poor high level players who worked so hard A.K.A. BobFighter834.

And Luke Fierysword and just about every other person with over 15 villages!
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • edited 08.09.2012
    Maybe you should actually wait until we've confirmed the details? It seems to me that you're making a complaint based on something where you don't actually have all the details yet.

Regards
    Malreyn
    edited 08.09.2012
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Maybe you should actually wait until we've confirmed the details? It seems to me that you're making a complaint based on something where you don't actually have all the details yet.

Regards
    Malreyn

Well then you're just saying your official announcement threads aren't very official or trustworthy?

Seems to me like you made an "official announcement" without all the details sir.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 08.09.2012
    I think it should be fair that for the update, people who have 16 Villages or above keep them, but if for example you have 30 villages and lose 7, you will not be able to capture another one until you have 14 or less, no one will be upset at all is it?
    But of course because of the increase of the production those players who can keep 30 Villages in the Ice will be hard to defeat is it?, mm
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • edited 08.09.2012
    Well then you're just saying your official announcement threads aren't very official or trustworthy?

Seems to me like you made an "official announcement" without all the details sir.

and I have already admitted I don't have all the information. If you read through the thread fully you would see that. Continue with your thread if you feel the need, im just suggesting you actually fully understand what you are complaining about.

Regards
    Malreyn
  • EDUDEEDUDE Posts: 26
    edited 08.09.2012

nice retort.

Signed
    EDUDE @ usa 1
    edited 08.09.2012
    EDUDE wrote: »
    nice retort.

Signed

Thank you. :)
    CM Marelyn wrote: »
    and I have already admitted I don't have all the information. If you read through the thread fully you would see that. Continue with your thread if you feel the need, im just suggesting you actually fully understand what you are complaining about.

Regards
    Malreyn

I really do not understand how such an organized company can make an announcement without the full details?
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • edited 08.09.2012

I really do not understand how such an organized company can make an announcement without the full details?

and again, if you had read my post in the announcement thread you would know that. I am not in the office and so don't have access to any of the information at the moment.

Can I suggest you read the announcement thread?

Malreyn
  • Real Slim ShadyReal Slim Shady Posts: 189
    edited 08.09.2012

They are still working on more ideas for the update. So they will not announce the full details.
    About the villages, its a good idea and i will not "sign" your objections,
    First, it will be absolutely fair to limit the villages because you can always find yourself owning a small amount of villages, while the castle next to you owns arount 30.
    Second, people will not quit the game over losing a few villages. It is a silly reason. Nobody left despite the missing troops, no body left despite the time where there was a missing slot, no one left when they found out they cant capture capitals easily, and nobody left despite the time where they couldnt sign in after the update. And those bugs were more serious than the next update, so this limit would just be a harmless scratch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guess who's back ;)
    Back again :D
    Shady's back !
    Tell a friend 8)
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 08.09.2012
    I actually think this update may be a good thing. I have more than 5 of each but if I still have the same resource income from only 5 of each then that's fine by me.

I also think that by enabling weaker players to gain these villages the game will benefit. So many players are stuck on Everwinter Glacier (EWG) as they see no point in moving to Burning Sands. And why should they? If they can't flourish in EWG what chance would they have in Burning Sands.

You must realise that GGS are implementing this as the original maximum amount of villages a player could take was set too high, simple as that. We must view this update as more of a bug fix, which is what it is.

The only issue I have is that as the update is due fairly soon, when will we be informed as to what will happen to the excess villages and the troops within them?

GGS should have realised that this would be worrying to it's players and advised us better of their plans, and what would happen to our troops. And the method for reducing villages already held.

I'm not signing this as I approve of this update in principal. I just want some more information.
    It's been a while.....

• Alexander367Alexander367 Posts: 7
    edited 08.09.2012
    I have spent thousands of rubies and probably like 90,000 coins getting 60 villages (total of ice and desert). If you're not willing to do the same, you have no right to walk around complaining. I completely agree with Fierysword....If there's a better solution which pleases both parties, we're all ears. But at the moment, this update seems like a terrible idea.

SIGNED,
    Alexander367
    Alexander367
    Proud Member of Valhalla Romans
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 08.09.2012
    They are still working on more ideas for the update. So they will not announce the full details.
    About the villages, its a good idea and i will not "sign" your objections,
    First, it will be absolutely fair to limit the villages because you can always find yourself owning a small amount of villages, while the castle next to you owns arount 30.
    Second, people will not quit the game over losing a few villages. It is a silly reason. Nobody left despite the missing troops, no body left despite the time where there was a missing slot, no one left when they found out they cant capture capitals easily, and nobody left despite the time where they couldnt sign in after the update. And those bugs were more serious than the next update, so this limit would just be a harmless scratch

If they are still working on ideas for the update when it has already been announced, I will shoot myself. They can't possibly do enough programming in 3/4 working days to get something else added to the update.

First, you can get 30 villages if you try hard enough. The only reason that there has been complaining is because some people just can't handle the fact that they aren't strong enough or don't have enough dedication to get a village.

Secondly, it is not a silly reason. People have lost thousands of troops and thousands of rubies and tools capturing and defending villages. I have just 2, and would estimate that I have lost 1,250 troops just getting and keeping those villages.

Next, people have left due to the missing troops. People have also stopped buying rubies. Players have also left due to other bugs.

Finally, bugs are not more important than serious gameplay changes. Would you rather lose 1000 rubies in a bug or have a game change that stops you from getting millions of rubies from barbarian fortresses? Game changes are permanent (unless GGS decides to change it), but bugs are just temporary.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
  • GeothanGeothan Posts: 250
    edited 08.09.2012
    They are going to increase the production rate of the resource villages. It might end up being the same. The updated hasn't released yet and everyone is complaining =P
    Geothan @ usa 1
    edited 08.09.2012
    Geothan wrote: »
    They are going to increase the production rate of the resource villages. It might end up being the same. The updated hasn't released yet and everyone is complaining =P

I'm complaining as they are still to let us know what will happen to the excess villages, and more importantly, the troops within. As I'm sure you know, previous updates had had bugs, and we should expect something similar with this one. My main worry is that I will lose troops stationed within those villages, or lose the villages closest to my main castle.

I think we have good reason to complain. This is the first update that I know of where we are being told we WILL lose things. Better information would have been helpful. It's not a lot to ask really.
    It's been a while.....

• GeothanGeothan Posts: 250
    edited 08.09.2012
    Better information would have been helpful. It's not a lot to ask really.

I agree about that. They always leave you in the dark for example the alliance city update.
    Geothan @ usa 1
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 08.09.2012
    Im fine if the food production changes to 60% or the wood/stone turns into 40% to get an equal amount. But I spent countless coins recruiting those soldiers ( more than 250,000) on them. I have 10 food villages now. But if it doesnt have atleast 60% bonus, I'll be verrrry mad!!
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
    edited 08.09.2012
    AgentY wrote: »
    Im fine if the food production changes to 60% or the wood/stone turns into 40% to get an equal amount. But I spent countless coins recruiting those soldiers ( more than 250,000) on them. I have 10 food villages now. But if it doesnt have atleast 60% bonus, I'll be verrrry mad!!

I think the only way this could possibly work is if we still have the same production of wood/stone and food with the new village numbers. To be honest, I think if you have 6 stone villages for example, when this update has been completed, you will find that you lose one village but have the same production levels as if you had owned 10 villages originally. That's what I think anyway.
    It's been a while.....

edited 08.09.2012
    I just had a thought:

Since Everwinter is riduclously easy compared to the other Kingdoms, they should keep the limit at 10 each (with a 20% bonus from wood/stone and 30% bonus from food)
    In Sands, the limit should be 7 each (with a 29% bonus for wood/stone and 43% bonus for food)
    And in Fire, the limit should be 5 each (with a 40% bonus for wood/stone and a 60% bonus for food).

This is to keep some strategic options still open during intense warfare
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file