Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Knowing your ALLIES defenses

AlcraighAlcraigh Posts: 361
I think you should be able to see your allies (direct allies) defenses when choosing whether to send support. On the send support screen, it should show the defensive troops (not offensive) troops and tools you ally has so you know if it is worthwhile to send troops in support or futile.

This will be useful when your offline ally is about to be mauled and you know what walls and gate they have but don't know whether their tools will be enough or troops for you to add your to to win, or save yours for a later fight.

If this is deemed as giving away too much information by all you forum users and game developers perhaps we could have a "Player Bio" tab that is available to view by our allies (direct allies) on our player info page. The symbol can be of a raven or a wing next to the sword brother symbol (as you would send msgs by raven/bird) and in it you can make your own personal announcement like the alliance announcement.

Here you could list all the troops you have in each of your castles and outposts, plus tools and the defensive stats so if you are offline, your ally can quickly look you up and know what you had when you were last online and make an educated assumption about the worth of their support.

As it stands now we have to rush spies to our allies castle (spy on our ally!!!) and hope not to be repelled and then rush support troops all within 1hr max/30mins minimum of attack notification.

Thoughts? Yay? Nay?
Post edited by Alcraigh on
"Due to the rain, the revolution has been postponed."

Comments

• TheChampFloydTheChampFloyd Posts: 61
    edited 21.06.2012
    Good idea. I like the 'Player Bio' idea more. I think you said that we would have to write what troops we have MANUALLY. This will be very difficult for many players who constantly recruit soldiers. Instead, there could be a button next to it which we could turn on or off as we wish. Then only our alliance members could see our troops and tools which would be updated regularly AUTOMATICALLY.
    volcano3.jpg

PICTURE HAS NOT BEEN CREATED BY USING ANY SOFTWARE.
    It is a real image taken during a volcanic eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, Iceland (try pronouncing that!)
  • AlcraighAlcraigh Posts: 361
    edited 21.06.2012
    Good idea. I like the 'Player Bio' idea more. I think you said that we would have to write what troops we have MANUALLY. This will be very difficult for many players who constantly recruit soldiers. Instead, there could be a button next to it which we could turn on or off as we wish. Then only our alliance members could see our troops and tools which would be updated regularly AUTOMATICALLY.

Sure. Irrespective of manually or automatically, it would only be for alliance members. The manual part meant you could write something other than your defenses or give a break down of formation or anything.

But I like the Bio option better, just wanted to put out an option to get the "no" so the second one might get the "Yes". Y'know -> ask for more than you want so the compromise is actually your real target...
  • bagofricebagofrice Posts: 110
    edited 22.06.2012
    What happens if someone joins just to spy on the allies.
    One solution would be to have a new rank (above member but underneath sergeant) that can see others bio.
    bagofrice @ WWW 2
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 22.06.2012
    I like the bio tab idea but what bagofrice said would raise some concerns too.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • Syndrome15Syndrome15 Posts: 42
    edited 22.06.2012
    You shouldn't be able to because someone may just join another alliance and then look at their defenses and then leave the alliance and then attack them
    Syndrome15 @ WWW 2
    edited 22.06.2012
    bagofrice wrote: »
    What happens if someone joins just to spy on the allies.
    One solution would be to have a new rank (above member but underneath sergeant) that can see others bio.
    I like the bio tab idea but what bagofrice said would raise some concerns too.
    Syndrome15 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to because someone may just join another alliance and then look at their defenses and then leave the alliance and then attack them

Guys, this occurred to me too but you shouldn't let someone into your alliance if you don't know their history. Previous alliance, neighbours, ask a few questions. That all said and done, perhaps new alliance members get put on probation for a period of time and don't have full access, or we implement another rank and have basic members without bio access... There are ways to fix this issue.
    edited 22.06.2012
    It isn't possible for big alliances to look into each and every new member who joins them. Bagofrice made a good point though. I don't think it's necessary to make a whole new rank. But you could make it a rule that only players above a certain rank can see the bio. E.G.- Sergent or higher. The people who get promotions can usually be trusted.

But again, what if an ex-member who was loyal to the alliance at that time gets thrown out for some reason and has now made it his soul duty to destroy his previous alliance? Like me.
    volcano3.jpg

It is a real image taken during a volcanic eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, Iceland (try pronouncing that!)
  • edited 22.06.2012
    also, may i suggest that you can CHOOSE which alliance members to be allowed access to your soldier info...

only the leader (and possibly generals as well) would be automatically allowed to see the 'player bio'.
    ProStrategos @ EN 1

'Heroes fight to the death, but so do fools and lunatics.'

'All my villagers said they're fed up of food. They want beer or rubies. I'm all outta beer.' - MaJeStiic

Proud General of United and a Leader of the Guild of Unity!
    United We Stand!
    edited 22.06.2012
    also, may i suggest that you can CHOOSE which alliance members to be allowed access to your soldier info...

only the leader (and possibly generals as well) would be automatically allowed to see the 'player bio'.

This is a good solution to the issue. There is always the possibility of a disgruntled ex-member. Usually, the Generals or higher ranked players are the most active/stronger (usually...) players so they would be the ones privvy to info. I think a "tick the player who can see my defenses" is a sound idea.
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 22.06.2012
    Alcraigh wrote: »
    This is a good solution to the issue. There is always the possibility of a disgruntled ex-member. Usually, the Generals or higher ranked players are the most active/stronger (usually...) players so they would be the ones privvy to info. I think a "tick the player who can see my defenses" is a sound idea.

I agree, you should get a poll on this.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
    edited 23.06.2012
    I agree, you should get a poll on this.

Poll added. Let's see the votes.
  • Jakarta_cityJakarta_city Posts: 89
    edited 23.06.2012
    arrgh miss click im really disagree because i afraid of spy that come for war
    Horas!!
    edited 23.06.2012
    Alcraig, small thing: Don't vote on your own poll.
    volcano3.jpg

edited 23.06.2012
    Alcraig, small thing: Don't vote on your own poll.

Why not? Do I not get a vote? This is a poll to gauge the opinions of the forum users and I am a forum user. I am well entitled to cast my vote in favour of it. Clearly I am. That's stupid to say don't vote -> "Hey, make a suggestion but don't support your idea".....
This discussion has been closed.