Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Baldrick's Big Bug Busting Board

Comments

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 838
    edited 27.11.2013
    ^I think the idea just because the range def. has 0 power, doesn't mean if they have their melee buddy in the wall, they will wait until the all range got slaughtered first before the melee def. start fighting. So logically their melee buddy will fight along the helpless range troops and if they manage to kill of all attackers in that section in a wave, there will be some range def. survive.
  • HobeeHobee Posts: 106
    edited 27.11.2013
    All right, Peter John. That would make sense, yes.

I just wonder how you know for sure their power was reduced to zero by mantlets, cast iron mantlets, or shield walls, if they did not actually die (maybe you've done more number-crunching than I ever have, to have determined that, based on the casualties you've observed?). At least superficially, it can look like the mantlets, cast iron mantlets, or shield walls aren't completely doing their job.

-- Hobee
    Hobee @ usa 1
  • pajeg2 (GB1)pajeg2 (GB1) Posts: 510
    edited 27.11.2013
    before, against a range, a range was put on the wall, against a mele, a range was put on the wall
    you could crush all range with a full range wave 1 with mantle

now, when a range is killed on the wall, a mele is put on the wall, then a range, then a mele

131127050733842491.jpg
    pajeg @ en 1
    edited 27.11.2013
    @Hobee
    I think (as Jade & Baldrick once explain it to me) the term Defense Power is actually the power to fight off the attacker. So in a way you can think the Defense Power is for the defender to be able to kill the attacker, rather than think it as the power to NOT to be killed by the attacker.

So my understanding, the attack power of the attacker is compared to the power of the defense power of the defender (there will be some kind of ratio to split between melee power and range power), and who ever has higher power win. The loss of the winner will be spread evenly between all different kind of troops, if the winner is defender. But I don't think that is the case if the winner is the attacker, as I see the loss of the winning attackers are NOT necessarily spread evenly.

Of course the formula to calculate all this is guarded with the life of GGS developer in such that they don't have time to test their software properly prior to release, hence explaining all this silly bugs :D

To proof that mantlet (and its kinds) is working, that against NPC that has only range def. in a section of the wall, if you send enough mantlet to neg it down to 0 (mind the castellan's equipment that may add to range def. power), you can kill off that section with 1 macemen. I proof it in the certain RBC level, Blade Coast and Thorn King.

@Pajeg
    Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. I believe if you stationed both melee and range troops in the wall, they all fight at the same time, rather than alternately. Any type of troops ALWAYS has melee def. power AND range def. power. It just the range type will have higher range def. power and vice versa.

So I believe that it's depend on the attackers type. If in a section (in a wave) you only send melee attackers, then only total melee def. power of the defenders (both type) will be taken into consideration, and vice versa. It will be more complicated if the attackers are split, I believe there is some kind of formula to determine the ratio between melee & range power calculation.
  • pajeg2 (GB1)pajeg2 (GB1) Posts: 510
    edited 27.11.2013
    1000 soldiers killing 500, that's 500 1 vs 1 one after the other
    pajeg @ en 1
  • oi your dyingoi your dying Posts: 81
    edited 27.11.2013
    http://prntscr.com/26ybny

espionarge mission in GE no longer shows castle which is being targeted
    oi your dying @ 2
  • jasper22 (INT1)jasper22 (INT1) Posts: 277
    edited 27.11.2013
    This thread really turned out nice bladrick especially now you got some mod comments added. Good job.

I already posted this bug in a separate thread but I thought it was good to put it in here to. Players who own a king tower in my alliances are not able to see who send support anymore making them belief they have a lot less support then what they actually have.
    Titans
  • jasper22 (INT1)jasper22 (INT1) Posts: 277
    edited 27.11.2013
    This thread really turned out nice bladrick especially now you got some mod comments added. Good job.

I already posted this bug in a separate thread but I thought it was good to put it in here to. Players who own a king tower in my alliances are not able to see who send support anymore making them belief they have a lot less support then what they actually have.
    Titans
    edited 27.11.2013
    pajeg wrote: »
    1000 soldiers killing 500, that's 500 1 vs 1 one after the other

Not necessarily, it just co-incidence that their formula yield a loss that way. There are many battle result I have that does not even remotely shows it is 1 vs 1. Beside 1 vs 1 after another simply doesn't make sense, ever seen battle like that?
  • barun2barun2 Posts: 60
    edited 27.11.2013
    Lord Porky wrote: »

So, with those tools and that Castellan, as an attacker you need to send 33 Shield Walls to reduce Rangers on the Wall to zero. This has been confirmed to work - all the Rangers on the Wall will die, with no offensive losses, as long as there are no Melee troops on the Wall. I think this is a bug, as Rangers taken to zero should die regardless of the presence or not of Melee troops beside them.

Losses are split evenly in defense between melee and ranged, this is done to prevent people running mantlets in wave 1, killing all ranged troops and then only having the remaining melee to kill in subsequent waves, basically you would never need to send more than 1 wave of 33 shield walls to be sure of only having to face melee troops in waves 2-4. Thus this is not a bug but a work around, since attacking troop losses are calculated independently for melee and ranged
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]barun @ en 1
  • freddyI2freddyI2 Posts: 2
    edited 28.11.2013
    what are ruins????????????????
    freddyI @ usa 1
  • Giselle3Giselle3 Posts: 243
    edited 28.11.2013
    Amazing thread Baldrick (as I've already told you) although GGS should be kind of ashamed that it takes players to track their bugs
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Bug 306/13/004A - Village defenses resetting to default. STATUS - unresolved

Tools in villages disappear and defense settings revert to default.

We could not verify any reports regarding this bug. Any additional and specific information regarding this bug would be much appreciated and very useful in getting it fixed.

I don't understand how GGS responded that this is not verified... myself and many others have been reimbursed hundreds and thousands of tools as they acknowledge this is a problem (which supposedly has been fixed. Is GGS going to update their own status on this list so they don't give bad information to players potentially trying to determine if what they see with their eyes is actually happening?

also anyone who had this happen to them needs to submit their losses tickets to GGS

Also I believe it needs to be expanded to towers - I heard multiple reports from tower owners (which do admittedly act as RVs in grass) that they also could not keep defensive settings on newly acquired towers.

=============================
    2 new bugs (one may be a bug? or one a design change from this week's update they never told us about -shocker I know)

First relates to towers - As of this week's update - you can only launch on towers from main castles. If you click on attack a tower from an OP, it lets you build your attack, and only bugs out at the second you click to launch. Now my guess, after thinking about it is that the have halfway coded it to be a "capture" hence the fact that OPs are now bugged, however, you can still use your commanders and they do not go at capture speeds (not to mention, you can only attack them to own them, not formally capture). I get that you need to launch from your Ice, sand and fire castles to capture a RV, but main vs. OPs is a big deal as you cannot feed much and most people don't keep 1280s in their main castle and their main may be very far away from their OPs and attack armies.

7lrHChn.png

Second is nebulous, hard to show screenshots of, and unless you do heavy defenses via RVs is very hard to recreate but it's what I'm calling "ghosting of support troops". I've not been able to create exactly the conditions that make it happen but basically, when supporting an alliance-mate with troops stationed in your own RV, they will arrive in time for the defense, but then the soldiers act as ghosts and do not fight. You see them yourself as arriving ontime, and sitting there, but when the attack impacts you receive no combat report, and your troop numbers are not counted in the attack. I hesitated to report this on the forum, because obviously this is a worrisome bug, but I just saw it yet again yesterday between two alliance-mates, thus telling me the bug is not fixed, and I had already reported to GGS this week. Also just a note.. I have seen multiple instances of RV to RV and RV to castle support working... however I've also seen about 12-15 instances of it ghosting. I've tried coin, ruby1, and ruby2 horses and other attempts to find the commonality, but so far no luck.
    Giselle @ en 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 28.11.2013
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the updates and information regarding these bugs, we really appreciate it! I will try and update the front page of the thread as soon as possible. Our Support Team are receiving your reports on these bugs aswell, and we are both forwarding them to the analysis team.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Regards,

Steve.
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 30.11.2013
    Capture attacks not working-B- Capture attacks cannot be sent out. Risk of losing troops.
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

• cyberhencyberhen Posts: 329
    edited 30.11.2013
    Tonight I have had 2 new members join my alliance and in both cases, immediately after they joined they were attacked by 2 robber baron armies. Is this a bug? I have never known of it happening before.
    cyberhen @ en 1

Official moat duck trainer
    Black belt 3rd Dan in Origami

Will I ever learn everything about this game?
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 30.11.2013
    cyberhen wrote: »
    Tonight I have had 2 new members join my alliance and in both cases, immediately after they joined they were attacked by 2 robber baron armies. Is this a bug? I have never known of it happening before.

If they're moderately new to the game, then RBC attacks will be more common for them, so you should just assume that it's a coincidence that they got attacked at the same time.
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • cyberhencyberhen Posts: 329
    edited 30.11.2013
    Each player received 2 attacks at the same time, not one each.
    cyberhen @ en 1

Official moat duck trainer
    Black belt 3rd Dan in Origami

Will I ever learn everything about this game?
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 30.11.2013
    CM Arcanine, can you make this thread a sticky, so everybody can see it? I think a thread like this should have been made a long time ago.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • Packster89Packster89 Posts: 347
    edited 30.11.2013
    yea.........................
    Packster89 @ usa 1
  • kenny45kenny45 Posts: 51
    edited 01.12.2013
    Hi not sure if this is a bug but I have no quests for my main xp quests that is.
    Proud General of The Imperial!!!
    24.jpg

Oh!! come on!!
    4.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file