Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Baldrick's Big Bug Busting Board

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
edited 20.05.2014 in Technical Assistance
This thread is designed in order to have all known bugs listed in one place. Hopefully this will make the bug fix team's job a little easier and have one place for all players to see whether a bug has been reported and it's current status.

Please note: This is not a complaining thread, please only post if you have details of unlisted bugs, or if you have any information that could be of use.

EDIT: Hi Guys, Arcanine here. I've been working to get information for you on the current status of the bugs found within this thread. Before I reply I would like to thank Baldrick for this post! I would also like to explain to you how the Bug Fixing process actually works. Please take a look at this post. Our team of Bug Fixing Experts are constantly trying to reproduce reported bugs so that we are able to fix them as soon as possible. Before an update actually goes live, we test it very carefully within our Quality Assurance team, right now consisting of over 40 Game Testers who test each update for hunders of hours before it actually goes live on the test server. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to test on a 'Live' server environment with actual effects on the current server. We thank you for your patience with the fixing of these bugs, and I will be sure to update this thread in the future. Once again, thanks to Baldrick for compiling this list.

MEGABUG **Currently causing widespread loss of rubies.

Yet again, support times in Berimond are showing incorrectly on the travel planning menu. What this means is that players are again wasting rubies supporting when their troops cannot arrive in time. This has been widely reported in previous Berimond events but still exists. From a players perspective, this is bug number one! Numero Uno, the Big Khuna, and needs fixed immediately. Compensation should be offered to those losing out.

We understand that this is a very big bug, and a large problem for everyone. We would like to ask you all to send any evidence or information you can directly to me or the Support Team as we could really use it to fix this.

MEGABUG **errorCode:91: INVALID_ARMY_REQUEST**

This bug seems to appear when shadow troops have been used and lost in Berimond. The lost troops are taking up camp capacity which stops players from being able to send more troops to camps that should have space.

Screenshot: Camp Overview showing shadow troops

Berimond bugs:

BER/01C Player profile bug.

Berimond camps are not showing on player profiles, and instead there is a blank space.

BER/03C - Battle report bug.

Castellans are not being shown on battle reports in Berimond.

BER/04B - Fighting power bug

Berimond capture attacks show as having zero fighting power.

BER/05B Return from captures travel time bug.

When abandoning a camp capture the outbound travel speed uses stable effects, however, the return path does not. 0utward journey time= 1h:50 minutes, return time 5h:10 minutes.

Other Bugs:

Bug 306/13/001A - Attack horn problems. STATUS - unresolved

This seems to be ongoing and seems at present to come in two forms. Firstly, capital attacks are receiving no horn whatsoever, and also, these attacks cannot be seen on the travel view or the map. Secondly, lots of attacks are being picked up as they set off, sometimes with up to 8 hours notice.

With the last update, a fix to a similar bug was introduced. The problem was that as long as attacks went over a certain coordinate, the horn did not work. This problem has been solved. After this fix however we are still receiving reports which we cannot verify yet. We are still investigating and attempting to reproduce it. There has been no success so far but a solution shall be found soon. (Just a bit of extra information, before we can fix a bug we have to reproduce it in order to find the "code area" where the problem is. Otherwise it would be like looking for a particular penny in Scrooge McDucks Safe!)

Bug 306/13/002A - "No Battle" failure. STATUS - unresolved

When launching on Villages, the "no battle" function seems to be broken. all attacks seem to be fighting regardless of whether the ownership has changed en route.

This problem has also been solved a while ago. We still receive some reports regarding this bug, but very few at the moment. If you do however have issues with this bug please send any additional information (screencaptures and so on) either in a message to me or to the Support Team, this will help us completely fix the bug.

Bug 306/13/003B - Shadow Tools bug. STATUS - uresolved

The tool menu when sending shadow attacks is broken.

This bug is in the Development Department and shall be fixed with one of the next updates.

Bug 306/13/004A - Village defenses resetting to default. STATUS - unresolved

Tools in villages disappear and defense settings revert to default.

We could not verify any reports regarding this bug. Any additional and specific information regarding this bug would be much appreciated and very useful in getting it fixed.

Bug 306/13/005C - Small text in player search window. STATUS - unresolved

Title says it all.

Known Issue. Although it seems like a very simple issue it is actually fairly hard to fix. We are currently working on a solution but 'Game Changing' bugs have a higher priority right now. We appreciate that this is a very annoying bug however, and will of course fix it as soon as we can.

Bug 306/13/006A - Village & Royal Tower support broken. STATUS - unresolved

It is not possible to send support from these locations. The following error message is received if attempted: "the castle is no longer on the world map and can no longer be attacked".

Bug 306/13/007B - Carts defaulting to "X". STATUS - unresolved

Carts that should be mid cycle reset to "X" before the timer has finished the countdown.

This is a known bug and is currently being looked at. It should be solved with one of the next updates.

Bug 306/13/009B - Focus when looting not working. STATUS - unresolved

Selecting certain resources for focus makes no difference to loot.

This is not a bug. The amount also depends on the amount of resources that your troops can carry and the amount of resources in the looted castle (and his hideouts and keep). All reports that arrived could be explained due to limitations. In most cases the amount of soldiers is too big to be able to focus on one resource.

Bug 306/13/010C - Error code: 109 carriage bug. STATUS - unresolved

When manually filling carts to maximum capacity with more than one resource using the sliders the following error occurs: Error code: 109: MISSING_CARRIAGE.

Known bug and has already been forwarded to the team. In all honesty however this is a very rare bug and is not very highly prioritized.

Bug 306/13/011C - Inappropriate language bug. STATUS - unresolved.

When sending messages, occasionally the inappropriate language warning fails to list the word and only shows empty brackets "()".

This is a known bug, the language filter is something very important and we are always working hard to improve it, this is part of the process.

Bug 306/13/013C - Jumping to world map bug. STATUS - unresolved.

When jumping out of castles in the Great Empire to the world map, occasionally the location you arrive at is quite a distance from your own castles.

This bug has only just occured to us if the castle of the player is on the 'end' of the map. In that case we are not able to do anything. For all other cases please forward us as many detailed descriptions as possible so we can work on fixing it.

Bug 306/13/014A - Travel planner bug. STATUS - unresolved.

Travel times when launching and supporting for Metropolises and in the Berimond event are bugged. The planning screen shows a travel time, but when checking on the travel planner the time is shorter after sending.

This is a known issue and is prioritized very highly, however it is very ahrd to find. Please forward us any information via the support system so that we can fix this as soon as possible. Most of the Live Bug Analysis team are currently trying to reproduce this error.

Bug 308/13/001A - Honour reward collection bug - unresolved.

When attempting to collect the weekly honour rewards, the collect button is already greyed out as if the reward has already been claimed, but it has not.

More information is required for this please! The bug has been reported a long time ago and we believe it has been fixed, please forward any new new cases to us with details. Thanks!

Hope these updates help guys, please continue to send us information! Much appreciated! -Steve.

Bug 312/13/001C - errorCode: 5: INVALID_OBJECT_ID Bug - unresolved

error message comes up when attempting to delete the mercenary's by the stone quarry.

Bug 312/13/002C - Alliance chronicle bug - unresolved

Alliance glory points received are showing twice on the chronicle. It is unclear whether these are being credited twice or not.

END OF BUG LIST

**If anyone has any other bugs not listed here, please post on this thread and the list will be updated.**

I've now added three categories to this bug list. They are as follows:

A - High risk of personal loss.

B - Medium risk of personal loss.

C - Cosmetic - Low, or no risk of personal loss.

I have also added a day and year prefix using day numbers to show when they were added to this thread and to avoid confusion between international date formats.

Source: http://www.calendar-365.com/day-numbers/2013.html

Swatted Bugs:

Bug 306/13/012C - Alliance player list bug. STATUS - Resolved-Day 308

When using the alliance chat in large mode, and when the number of players exceeds the space in the allocated box, the names continue downwards and are hidden behind the frame graphics. Also, the scroll arrows are broken.

BER/02B When using the construction menu, res costs are shown incorrectly: Resolved

BER = Berimond

Bugs that weren't bugs, kind of like man-flu:

Bug 306/13/009B - Focus when looting not working. STATUS - not a bug

From GGS: This is not a bug. The amount also depends on the amount of resources that your troops can carry and the amount of resources in the looted castle (and his hideouts and keep). All reports that arrived could be explained due to limitations. In most cases the amount of soldiers is too big to be able to focus on one resource.

Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 02.11.2013
    One you could add is the fact Resource Villages keep seeming to reset in formation at random. That is rather annoying, and can alter the course of a battle at the RV. Otherwise nailed most of the big ones that have been peaving me off for the last month or so.. Probably longer for some.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 02.11.2013
    Eric768 wrote: »
    One you could add is the fact Resource Villages keep seeming to reset in formation at random. That is rather annoying, and can alter the course of a battle at the RV. Otherwise nailed most of the big ones that have been peaving me off for the last month or so.. Probably longer for some.

Already listed - Bug 004 :)
    It's been a while.....

• CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 02.11.2013
    Lets not forget the espionage reports not being up to date when the spies get caught...
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 02.11.2013
    baldrick,

there is a bug that causes a problem when attempting to send support from resource villages

this has happened to me when I attempted to support a player and a capital from a resource village

it was not a problem before the metropolises were added to the game

the message i get says "the castle is no longer on the world map and can no longer be attacked"
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 02.11.2013
    Lets not forget the espionage reports not being up to date when the spies get caught...

I thought that had been fixed? Can anyone confirm this is still happening?
    It's been a while.....

edited 02.11.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Already listed - Bug 004 :)

My bad, 3:30 am here... Can't expect me to read. ;)

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 02.11.2013
    I thought that had been fixed? Can anyone confirm this is still happening?

It seems to only be happening on certain RBCs now....
    I would have a screenshot if I saw this thread 10 minutes earlier.
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • edited 02.11.2013
    Ive not reported this because I dont really care about them but ive noticed that the new resource carts outside your castle sometimes reset with the red X after you refresh your browser even when there was still hours left...
    edited 02.11.2013
    Ive not reported this because I dont really care about them but ive noticed that the new resource carts outside your castle sometimes reset with the red X after you refresh your browser even when there was still hours left...

I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy! Shut down laptop for an update, come back, red X all around for ones that had time to be collected still..

edited 02.11.2013
    More bugs added to the list and now categorised by severity.

Keep 'em comin' boys and girls.
    It's been a while.....

• YossarianYossarian Posts: 574
    edited 02.11.2013
    Good old error code 53 castle not owned when you go from the world map to your castle and try to train troops or make tools

Leaving castle you get plonked miles away from your castle.

Resource focus doesn't work when selecting wood or stone, I don't know if this is intended or not.

I don't know whether it is a bug or not but when you are looting an outpost connected to ruins and somebody occupies it before your troops get there you don't get any loot even though a battle occurs. I have a report archived if you want to see it.

Great work starting this thread, it's a pity the mods don't do this and maintain it for more than a week.
    they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing
  • Conan (GB1)Conan (GB1) Posts: 1,609
    edited 02.11.2013

I've noticed this too and its even more annoying as the colossus event is on. btw Baldrick why have you not made one this time?

RIP FreeDominion, you were great.

Conan @ Nowhereinperticular @ UK1
    Barack Obama
    giphygif
    Approves this Forumer.

edited 02.11.2013
    Thanks guys, if there is already a thread concerning the bug, would it be possible to post a link here?

And Mr Gamer, I have other resource priorities atm. We have capitals and metros to upgrade, so I' giving it a miss this time.
    It's been a while.....

• RulerTroll2RulerTroll2 Posts: 3
    edited 02.11.2013
    Bug 005C - Small text in player search window. STATUS - unresolved

Title says it all.

GGS please solve this number 5 problem ...
    it is insane to have stupid bug like that for so long....
    RulerTroll @ usa 1
  • baronzamedi (GB1)baronzamedi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 167
    edited 02.11.2013
    Baldrick great job on doing this!

How about

1) "Server Update" Troops vanish! That is the oldest bug ever!!

And

2) mystery bad words in messages "You have used bad language" !?!! No I have not..!? No clue on what word it thinks is bad so you spend ages trying to figure it out!
    baronzamedi @ en 1
    edited 02.11.2013
    Baldrick great job on doing this!

How about

1) "Server Update" Troops vanish! That is the oldest bug ever!!

Haven't heard of that one for a while now. Anyone still suffering from it?
    And

2) mystery bad words in messages "You have used bad language" !?!! No I have not..!? No clue on what word it thinks is bad so you spend ages trying to figure it out!

Yeah, it is annoying that it doesn't tell you what the word is sometimes. but sometimes it does. This will be added to the list.
    It's been a while.....

• Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 02.11.2013
    This thread is designed in order to have all known bugs listed in one place. Hopefully this will make the bug fix team's job a little easier and have one place for all players to see whether a bug has been reported and it's current status.

Please note: This is not a complaining thread, please only post if you have details of unlisted bugs, or if you have any information that could be of use.

Bug 306/13/001A - Attack horn problems. STATUS - unresolved

This seems to be ongoing and seems at present to come on two forms. Firstly, capital attacks are receiving no horn whatsoever, and also these attacks cannot be seen on the travel view or the map. Secondly, lots of attacks are being picked up as they set off, sometimes up to 8 hours notice.

Bug 306/13/002A - "No Battle" failure. STATUS - unresolved

When launching on Villages, the "no battle" function seems to be broken. all attacks seem to be fighting regardless of whether the ownership has changed en route.

Bug 306/13/003B - Shadow Tools bug. STATUS - uresolved

The tool menu when sending shadow attacks is broken.

Bug 306/13/004A - Village defenses resetting to default. STATUS - unresolved

Tools in villages disappear and defense settings revert to default.

Bug 306/13/005C - Small text in player search window. STATUS - unresolved

Title says it all.

Bug 306/13/006A - Village & Royal Tower support broken. STATUS - unresolved

It is not possible to send support from these locations. The following error message is received if attempted: "the castle is no longer on the world map and can no longer be attacked".

Bug 306/13/007B - Carts defaulting to "X". STATUS - unresolved

Carts that should be mid cycle reset to "X" before the timer has finished the countdown.

Bug 306/13/008C - Error:053 not owned in castle. STATUS - unresolved

Bug occurs when entering a castle from the world map and attempting to recruit troops or produce tools.

Bug 306/13/009B - Focus when looting not working. STATUS - unresolved

Bug 306/13/010C - Error code: 109 carriage bug. STATUS - unresolved

When manually filling carts to maximum capacity with more than one resource using the sliders the following error occurs: Error code: 109: MISSING_CARRIAGE.

Bug 306/13/011C - Inappropriate language bug. STATUS - unresolved

When sending messages, occasionally the inappropriate language warning fails to list the word and only shows empty brackets "()".

END OF BUG LIST

**If anyone has any other bugs not listed here, please post on this thread and the list will be updated.**

I've now added three categories to this bug list. They are as follows:

A - High risk of personal loss.

B - Medium risk of personal loss.

C - Cosmetic - Low, or no risk of personal loss.

I have also added a day and year prefix using day numbers to show when they were added to this thread and to avoid confusion between international date formats.

Source: http://www.calendar-365.com/day-numbers/2013.html

Something about connection lost when you log into another server. It kicks you out temporarily, quite annoying actually.
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
    edited 02.11.2013
    Dun Gon wrote: »
    Something about connection lost when you log into another server. It kicks you out temporarily, quite annoying actually.

Never heard of this one either, but then I don't use other servers. Hard to say if this is a game bug or a flash bug. Anyone else having this issue?
    It's been a while.....

• Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 02.11.2013
    Error 53 NOT IN OWNED CASTLE.
    A- High risk of losing Flaming Arrows, or tools that you put on the castle before error message. I lost 3 Flaming Arrows due to this bug, all of them at once.
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

• Matt15 (INT2)Matt15 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 96
    edited 02.11.2013
    When you are in a big alliance, the people online from the chat the list just goes right through the page, blocking out many names.

I worded that weird, like when you go on the chat to see who's online, there too many people online so it goes through off the page instead of the scrolling item
    Matt15 @ WWW 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file