Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

More Official Threads Desperately needed.

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
This is a suggestion.

Given the number of threads and the difficulty in finding information on this forum, should we have more official posts from Ethan?

The recent Metropolis issues have received more posts than anything we've seen on this forum, and yet still we see players posting wondering what they should do about claiming compensation. I've been receiving many in game messages asking me directly because nobody can find the information. The information is on the forum but hidden away inside huge threads. With all the recent complaints about communication surely something as simple as this would be a huge difference?

I've personally asked for this numerous times in the past week and no response. Maybe Ethan can't find the posts?

So, when major issues like this appear, let's have all the information in one handy place so that players who are unfamiliar with the forum can find the information they need without paging through multiple threads and hundreds of posts.

Surely this is a no brainer? Want to improve customer perception? Here's a good place to start, and should only take 5 minutes. :)
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• edited 30.10.2013
    Yes, good idea.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 30.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    This is a suggestion.

Given the number of threads and the difficulty in finding information on this forum, should we have more official posts from Ethan?

The recent Metropolis issues have received more posts than anything we've seen on this forum, and yet still we see players posting wondering what they should do about claiming compensation. I've been receiving many in game messages asking me directly because nobody can find the information. The information is on the forum but hidden away inside huge threads. With all the recent complaints about communication surely something as simple as this would be a huge difference?

I've personally asked for this numerous times in the past week and no response. Maybe Ethan can't find the posts?

So, when major issues like this appear, let's have all the information in one handy place so that players who are unfamiliar with the forum can find the information they need without paging through multiple threads and hundreds of posts.

Surely this is a no brainer? Want to improve customer perception? Here's a good place to start, and should only take 5 minutes. :)

Great idea, lets hope GGS listen to us for once
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 30.10.2013
    bobbysbro wrote: »
    Great idea, lets hope GGS listen to us for once

I just think for every major issue this idea would save many posts and many threads that are not needed.

Another brainwave I had would be to allow mods and CMs to pin a certain post to a thread in the same way as Facebook does. This way the information seen to be important would always appear at the top of the thread on each page.
    It's been a while.....

• bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 30.10.2013
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 31.10.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Yes, good idea.

Regards,
    Ethan

first time i saw ethan say something was a good idea!
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • Iziah3Iziah3 Posts: 344
    edited 31.10.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Yes, good idea.

Regards,
    Ethan

'Nuff said

/endthread

It's Malreyn's choice whether or not they want to do this so I suspect more official threads will be happening in the future. Though...there was an official thread on the Metropolis debacle...
    +++++'++()++++++++++Proud General of
    ++++++Iziah @ en 1 ++++++Darkness Elite

• Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 31.10.2013
    Great idea,that would mean less threads being started with complaints and questions concerning issues :)
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 31.10.2013
    Adding to this idea, I was also thinking about a way to help with all the repetitive suggestions, spam and inappropriate posts. We are obviously short of moderators and it is fairly easy to see why. Who would want the in game attention that would come with such a position?

So, what about a thread buster position? Someone with access to move, merge and delete posts and threads using GGS guidelines but not allowed to comment from a GGS perspective. The biggest unused resource in Empire is us. There are thousands and thousands of us, maybe it's possible to make use of us in a positive way?

More ramblings from the Turnip King soon...
    It's been a while.....

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 31.10.2013
    first time i saw ethan say something was a good idea!
    He has had his moments.. This is one of them.
    Iziah3 wrote: »
    'Nuff said

/endthread

Simple, yet eloquent.. I like it.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • edited 31.10.2013
    Yeah, this is a good idea. I wanted to know what GGE will give compensation for the missing metros but a gave up because I didn't have the time to look all around a really huge thread. I think ethan should be able to mark a few posts as 'important' & then there will be a button at the top 'go to next important post' & another one 'go to previous important post' I think this is a great idea.
    Asia 1/ United Forces

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file