Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Make Internation 1 Default Server Again!

bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
Make International 1 Default Server Again!

Many of you may know this thread as Ghj (Thanks in advance mate) made it, I wanted to bring it back as I feel times are getting worse and we need more players as me are down to around 9000 players, so here it is:

In the past when Goodgame Empire started International 1 was the default server. Gradually other serves were introduced to the game and people began to play on those since they were for their own country. We still had a decent amount of people come to play on Int 1, but gradually our population has been declining as people quit the game for whatever reason and there arent enough people to fill their places. At one point in time our population was as high as 30,000 however it has sunk all the way to 12,528.

This is incredibly obvious if you look at alliances that used to be strong. Ill give you some examples. Invictus was an old strong family that collapsed due to members leaving. Their main alliance is able to hold as many as 49 members, but before they regrouped all their players into it, they only had about 25 players. HW KnightsofNi is another example. It can hold 33 players and did up until recently, but they now only have 13. FF Elite can hold 43 players, but now only holds 24. If this keeps us then the remaining players will be playing on a ghost server. It will be impossible to start a new alliance and grow strong for newer players, all the players will already have an alliance.

It is obviously a not a matter of people, USA server has 60,000 players. So heres what i propose; for a month (or more) at least International 1 should be made the default serve again. It should be enough to restore the population of International 1.
Post edited by bobbysbro on
Level 70
Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn

Comments

• bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 30.10.2013
    Bump bump bump
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 30.10.2013
    People have the option of choosing which server they begin on, correct?
    edited 30.10.2013
    Yes but the defult is inter 2 or there place server.

Most people when they join wont know about server so join inter2 automatic leaving inter1 with no players
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 30.10.2013
    A "dying world...." Seems like science fiction.

I have no reasonable expectation that it would (or could) occur, but sure seems like a server merge is the way to do.
    edited 30.10.2013
    They wouldnt be able to merge cos people have acounts in both worlds but they can save both by changing which ones default every so often
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • gecko13662 (INT1)gecko13662 (INT1) Posts: 100
    edited 30.10.2013
    I think int1 is down to 10,500 members and 3193 are level 1-10
    gecko13662 @ WWW 1
    King Of The Grim Reapers :p
    edited 30.10.2013
    Its down to around 9000 I think

theres only around 900 level 30-39
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • musay69musay69 Posts: 232
    edited 30.10.2013
    the exact number as of 10,30, 2013 at the time of 2:00pm EST is 10,454 counting ruins
    musay69 @ WWW 1 Coordinates of my main castle 765:321
    "Combating poor reading comprehension since February 10th, 2012."

Level 26

Proud member of EQUILIBRIUM

Come get some I'll eat you for breakfast :p... Okay that one came out wrong.............
    edited 30.10.2013
    yeah...we are doomed!
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • edited 30.10.2013
    here's what you need to do - whine to a group of people that couldn't care less.

I'm sure that everything will be fixed lickety-split once they see how lame you are.
  • Iziah3Iziah3 Posts: 344
    edited 30.10.2013
    Int1 is the default server for those who do not fall under any other category...so if you're a resident of Antartica for instance...you would be placed automatically in Int. *looks around* We don't have any members from the Lost Continent do we?

The reason why other servers are default now, is due to language spoken rather than anything else. It means that people can freely mix and be able to communicate without getting wires cross. Instead... what might be useful for GGS to do, is to promote the international servers in some way to maximize the usage out of them. So for instance, bigger storage limits, faster resource mining and so on. Make it into a server where churning out hundreds of soldiers is relatively easy and therefore encourage war.
    +++++'++()++++++++++Proud General of
    ++++++Iziah @ en 1 ++++++Darkness Elite

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 31.10.2013
    Iziah3 wrote: »
    Int1 is the default server for those who do not fall under any other category...so if you're a resident of Antartica for instance...you would be placed automatically in Int. *looks around* We don't have any members from the Lost Continent do we?

That is so silly... Antarctica should definitely have their own server.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Iziah3Iziah3 Posts: 344
    edited 31.10.2013
    ...touch Eric touche... *looks at own signature*
    +++++'++()++++++++++Proud General of
    ++++++Iziah @ en 1 ++++++Darkness Elite

• blabbyblabby Posts: 564
    edited 31.10.2013
    Bobby, check again.some of those alliaces have even fewer players. There are more empty alliances in inter 1. BB Akasuna 2 had 3/59 members, die 3??? has 3/47 members. Bad boys mari had to merge with bb orc I to prevent loss of their capital.

We need something to be done about this but gge refuses to do it. I think they want to let inter 1 die so we will restart at our own countrys server making us pay for rubies again.
    Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn
    Blabby @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 31.10.2013
    Iziah3 wrote: »
    ...touch Eric touche... *looks at own signature*

Not bad Iziah, not bad.

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 31.10.2013
    totally agree with this!
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • sodope56sodope56 Posts: 98
    edited 31.10.2013
    start a account in ur country's server for future reference
    CAN1 #TheDreamLivesOn!!! sodope56 lvl 30 1449 honor usa1 alliance H.I.V.E WAR GODS
    proud participant of the couch Olympics
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 31.10.2013
    bobbysbro wrote: »
    Bump bump bump

I might agree with this if you add #TheDreamLivesOn to your sig...

And I might agree with this becuase too many noobs join USA and leave after a day of playing...I might agree that Int1 should be the default server...

I might...agree that soon there will be just a few thousand players left,and GGS will have to take some sort of action or else...
  • sodope56sodope56 Posts: 98
    edited 31.10.2013
    if int1 falls do we get can1
    CAN1 #TheDreamLivesOn!!! sodope56 lvl 30 1449 honor usa1 alliance H.I.V.E WAR GODS
    proud participant of the couch Olympics
    edited 31.10.2013
    sodope56 wrote: »
    if int1 falls do we get can1

Eskomo pies for everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file