Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Compensation requirements.

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
Okay, there is a lot of talk today about compensation following MetroGate. Here is what I/we beleive you should be offering.

Players who successfully captured a Ghost Metropolis:

Full refund of rubies, coins, wood, stone, food, troops, and used to capture, defend and build the metropolises. Any Thorn King talismans used for either decorations or troops and any services hired as a direct result of these metropolises should also be included. In order to ascertain what has been spent/lost GGS should contact each individual player and offer a full refund with a 20% bonus on top for wasted time and effort.

In the case of players who purchased rubies with the specific purpose of building these metropolises, a cash refund should be offered as the product the money was spent on no longer exists due to mistakes made by GGS. Again, it is up to support to contact players and find out what they want to do. As many players donated money to paypal accounts in order to build these things up there must be a way to refund them (via the players the donations were made to).

Players who had unsuccessful captures on Ghost Metropolises:

Full refund of rubies, coins, troops and tools used on these captures. Services hired as a direct result of these metropolises should also be included. Players should be able to contact support (with screenshots if possible) but support must trust their customers in these cases and offer compensation even if proof is not available.Battle reports will be long gone by now and this is due to GGS not informing us of the issue in due time. A 20% bonus should also be applied to these compensation packages.

Players who captured Ghost Metropolises then lost them.

Full refund of rubies, coins, troops and tools used on these captures. Services hired as a direct result of these metropolises should also be included. GGS should be careful to ensure that both the original capturer and the player who held the metropolis at the time the hotfix was undertaken are offered compensation. GGS should provide advice as to what information they currently hold and as if any more information is required as to who will receive the compensation in these cases. A 20% bonus should be added to these compensations.

Players who attacked and supported the Ghost Metropolises.

Full refund of rubies, coins, troops, tools, wood, stone and food for all players who either attacked an occupied ghost metropolis or sent support and resources to aid the metropolis holders. Services hired as a direct result of these metropolises should also be included. A 20% bonus should be added ton these compensation. Each player should contact support with the details of their losses and any other information required (details to be supplied by GGS)

These compensations are only fair in my opinion and GGS should be willing not only to spend the time, but also pay any associated costs in order to ensure everyone gets what is owed to them.

I would have thought by now something like this would have been issued, but as it hasn't you leave us no choice but to act in the hope that this problem will not be swept under the carpet like so many others.

This is your time to set things straight, please try to do so. Treating customers in this way is appauling and should not be tolerated by a company who claims to be customer focused and community based.

Please respond before it's too late and another 1,000 players leave the game.

EDIT:

I have just found out that one of our members also lost the castellan equipment that had been installed in the Metropolis. This needs to be added to the list. How can this be compensated? Months of upgrading on some items, millions of coins... thousands of rubies...
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 23.10.2013
    Please let me know if there is anything I have missed, I'll add it.
    It's been a while.....

• pokemonmanpokemonman Posts: 33
    edited 23.10.2013
    they have not even replied to many of us that lost metro's men equip and the rubies reso after many messages i hope you have better luck sadly for many L70 that i know we are over them taking us for cash cows and milking us for every cent they can then giving sweet fa in return if you know of any good games that are a bit more well run plaes message me. regards pokemonman Au1
    pokemonman @ au 1
  • blabbyblabby Posts: 564
    edited 23.10.2013
    I agree completely, if anything GGE should give a gift to everyone effected by this. On top of the refund, plus the 20% bonus.
    Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn
    Blabby @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • groot monster3groot monster3 Posts: 16
    edited 24.10.2013
    I agree with you Baldy, but I think it's only hope and dreams.
    groot monster @ nl 1
    edited 24.10.2013
    pokemonman wrote: »
    they have not even replied to many of us that lost metro's men equip and the rubies reso after many messages i hope you have better luck sadly for many L70 that i know we are over them taking us for cash cows and milking us for every cent they can then giving sweet fa in return if you know of any good games that are a bit more well run plaes message me. regards pokemonman Au1

I see this as their last chance to rectify this mess they have created. Up to them whether they actually value their customers or not.
    It's been a while.....

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 24.10.2013
    I wonder why they actually removed them, does 50 metropolises appeared or something? They leave game breaking bugs for a year but a couple of metropolises more is just the worst thing ever, unless they provide actual compensation to everyone I will still wonder why they didn't simply leave them the amount of complains would've been lower (aside from mid-low alliance complaining how unbalanced the game is).
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • Matt15 (INT2)Matt15 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 96
    edited 24.10.2013
    Wait i was going after one, but how do i prove it??? Like if i show the pic of it open and free??? I did honestly go after one. And i supported one too.

I still find the GGS will not go by these... I find these perfect ally reasonable for both sides
    Matt15 @ WWW 2
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 24.10.2013
    i think they purposefully added "accidental" metros so they could delete them later and all the ruby's people used would be wasted and GGE could make extra $
    edited 24.10.2013
    Matt15 wrote: »
    Wait i was going after one, but how do i prove it??? Like if i show the pic of it open and free??? I did honestly go after one. And i supported one too.

I still find the GGS will not go by these... I find these perfect ally reasonable for both sides

GGS needs to accept that you did and offer you compensation. If they failed to record activity relating to these metropolises when they could have, that is their fault, not ours.

Jade, depending on the server, as many as 20 new metropolises appeared on Sunday night. I beleive the total number of plotted Metropolises is 30 at present and are supposed to appear as the server population grows. It seems they all appeared on all servers as result f mistakes made by GGS. We were not informed of any issues until this morning when they were removed during a hotfix. From the moment they were occupied right up to when the servers went down players were spending rubies, using resources and troops and tools fighting over them and building them.
    It's been a while.....

• royboyroyboy Posts: 6
    edited 24.10.2013
    ACROSS THE BOARD REFUND ON ALL RUBIES USED OVER THE PERIOD OF TIME TO ALL WOULD BE THE FAIREST THING TO DO... when you get into resources coin etc I have no idea how much all this has cost me
    royboy @ en 1
  • Matt15 (INT2)Matt15 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 96
    edited 24.10.2013
    Yeah i want my refund then!!!!!! and these are definatlly what is right!
    Matt15 @ WWW 2
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 24.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Jade, depending on the server, as many as 20 new metropolises appeared on Sunday night. I beleive the total number of plotted Metropolises is 30 at present and are supposed to appear as the server population grows. It seems they all appeared on all servers as result f mistakes made by GGS. We were not informed of any issues until this morning when they were removed during a hotfix. From the moment they were occupied right up to when the servers went down players were spending rubies, using resources and troops and tools fighting over them and building them.

Genius GGS... how many people could they possibly have to compensate across all servers? 500, 1000, 2000? I wonder if they will give a decent compensation to everyone (possibly won't).

I thought they couldn't get any worse after the time where some servers went offline (or didn't worked properly) for 1-2 days and the 6 month random missing troops bug was "added".

Is just one of those "extremely suspicious" bugs that increased GGS wallets. I've heard somewhere that many ruby offers were made during these days too.
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 24.10.2013
    What I am thinking will happen is that those who had the Ghost Metro's will be compensated. Either the full amount and then some, or a bare minimum based on what players stated. Like when the RBC King was here, and we were refunded most of our troops, and most of our tools, but not all of them in some cases, and it required us to contact support again.

To those who supported the metro via resources/troops, they will be lucky to get anything. Perhaps some troops, half their resource barrows filled, but not much more. And if they are given more, it will surprise me, that's for sure...

Well put together list, I think this is what a good company should offer in this circumstance, even if it shouldn't have happened. We'll see if GGE takes any advice, that is a whole other matter.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • BBmart60 (US1)BBmart60 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 24.10.2013
    is this baldrick from s22 on evony?
    BBmart60 @ usa 1
    edited 24.10.2013
    BBmart60 wrote: »
    is this baldrick from s22 on evony?

Nope. This is Baldrick from BSK on En1 :)
    It's been a while.....

• NoblemanJames (AU1)NoblemanJames (AU1) Posts: 217
    edited 24.10.2013
    I think a good compensation would be resource bakerys available from every level for a week. + the upgrading current bakerys. And to thgose who have only level 4 bakerys, 100,000 rubies. + 75,000 rubies foe everyone. Thisa would make up for loads of bugs. Like the stronghold and missing metros.
    NoblemanJames @ au 1
    NON RUBY BUYER
      Mr peasant, you are right, the archetect is silly, letting rain and snow fall off the roof into the chimney.
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 24.10.2013
    What about tools sent? Can't forget about those.
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • wonderwoman2451 (AU1)wonderwoman2451 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 19
    edited 24.10.2013
    What exactly is to stop this happening again?
    If they weren't expecting this to happen and took a while to say oops! then act, what's to stop a repeat performance? Has THAT issue been addressed yet????
    Hmmm?????
    wonderwoman2451 @ au 1
  • bowman17bowman17 Posts: 51
    edited 24.10.2013
    Hi Baldrick, I think your summary is a good one and to fair minded people will sound sensible and appropriate.
    You asked for additional things to be added for consideration. During the short periods my own threads were left up or unlocked, there have been replies where people have taken holidays specially to be able to attack / build what are being described as the 'ghost metros', and I've read about the things your own alliance set-up. These are all changes and direct cost to how people operated their lives outside of the game, but because of the game. OK it was their choice, but they (we) did it, and now (it would appear) have nothing to show for it.
    In these circumstances I'm not really sure that the 20% on top of the direct costs people incurred would cover this.
    It's really hard to put a price on such things, and although I'm inclined to suspect that GGS will not have any interest in these things, I'd still like to see this category added (Players life impacts) to the list of compensation required for those people who were impacted in these ways (holidays, special banking arrangements etc) this.
    Value / amount of the compensation due to such individuals is hard to estimate (unlikely direct costs available), so maybe in these circumstances a 50% addition to the direct costs (rubies etc) spent within the game would be a reasonable starting point.
    bowman17 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file