Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Event - Towering Inferno!

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
Now that the Royal Towers, Metropolises and new capitals have mostly been captured and will, as expected, end up in the hands of the most powerful alliances, maybe it's time to reflect on how much fun a lot of alliances had in the process, and also how many rubies we all spend doing it. I'm sure GGS are happy with the income and in general it was a fairly hectic day for all.

So, as an event idea, how about we all do it again? But this time, it is an event, and towers and spanking event capitals will be the targets.

Here's how it would work:

The event opens and towers are dotted all around the map, many of them. They are levelled in a similar way to the towers we all know in the game and are defended by some type of army (I'll leave those details up to you).

This event is open to everyone and it is based around a points system. The more points you obtain during the event the better the rewards are.

So everyone can launch at these towers and points are awarded for capturing one. Let's say 10 points for the lowest level tower and 100 points for the highest level tower. These points are awarded to the alliance. There will be a running ranking board throughout this event showing points for each alliance.

So, once a tower is captured it needs to be supported if it is to remain within the alliance. There will be a capture period that follows based on tower level ~(4 hours for the lowest level and 24 hours for the highest level) and if the tower remains within the alliance for that period additional points are awarded at 5 x the original points for capturing. So, 50 for the lowest level tower and 500 for the highest tower. If it is captured during the 24 hour period then the capturing alliance is awarded the initial capturing points and the process starts all over again. Pact agreements will not have any effect on these towers.

This will continue and towers can be captured by other alliances and points awarded.

Once all the towers have been captured a 36 hour clock will begin, once the 36 hours are up capitals will appear on the map, every alliance can then launch and attempt to capture that capital. Defences will be strong and attack strength will be dictated by the number of towers held.

First alliance to capture a capital and hold it for 24 hours wins the event.

At the end of this event rewards are allocated based on the number of points attained. So even the smallest alliances can gain something if they managed to gain points during this event.

May need a few tweaks, but I think this event would be exciting and something new for us all to take part in.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• francesca 29francesca 29 Posts: 9
    edited 18.10.2013
    This is pure gold but maybe there could be something like big alliances can only get the highest ones while small alliances can get all overall great idea baldrick
    Matty, a proud member of the great alliance, Black Wanderers!:D 8)
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 18.10.2013
    I edited the event to allow shorter capturing periods for the lower level towers, allowing smaller alliances a chance to fully capture some of them.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 18.10.2013
    Hey Baldrick,

Interesting idea, but it sounds a bit like an alliance vs alliance vs alliance (etc) version of Berimond but with points added.

Regards,
    Ethan
    edited 18.10.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Hey Baldrick,

Interesting idea, but it sounds a bit like an alliance vs alliance vs alliance (etc) version of Berimond but with points added.

Regards,
    Ethan

I guess it's a cross between the latest update and Berimond, yes. The main difference being that it shouldn't be a whitewash.

I was trying to think of an event that would be exciting (the latest update was) but allow alliances to show their strength. Also, as it would take place in the main game where a lot of players have stables and speed commanders, the ruby spending would be quite impressive.

We've all seen how much effort alliances are willing to put in to capturing towers, metropolises and the new capitals for the kudos. I guess I was hoping this event would be on a similar vein.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 18.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I guess it's a cross between the latest update and Berimond, yes.
    I didn't mean it in a negative way necessarily with my previous comment. I just read it again and saw how it could be taken that way though.

I do like the idea, but i suspect (just having a think about it) that there would be far too many problems trying to do this in a "normal" kingdom rather than an event one.

Firstly, there are already areas of the map that are fairly crowded and those that are fairly empty and so fitting towers and eventually the capitals in could prove difficult. Not impossible, just difficult to make it fairly spaced.

Secondly, and this is the big one, would be the "fear" issue involved which would allow the big alliances to rule it. Since there is no guarantee of "consequences" not occurring after the event this could put many small(er)/medium sized alliances trying to take towers from large alliances/wings/training alliances (and so on). There’s also the damage it could do to diplomacy between large alliances too. Whilst i am sure that it’s easy to say now that it wouldn't happen, things often look different when it comes to actually fighting over something.

Like i said, i think its an interesting idea, and under perfect circumstances i can see that it could be fun, but i'm just not sure of the practicality of it given what we know of player reactions.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • Zan Wrai (GB1)Zan Wrai (GB1) Posts: 317
    edited 18.10.2013
    I didn't mean it in a negative way necessarily with my previous comment. I just read it again and saw how it could be taken that way though.

I do like the idea, but i suspect (just having a think about it) that there would be far too many problems trying to do this in a "normal" kingdom rather than an event one.

Firstly, there are already areas of the map that are fairly crowded and those that are fairly empty and so fitting towers and eventually the capitals in could prove difficult. Not impossible, just difficult to make it fairly spaced.

Secondly, and this is the big one, would be the "fear" issue involved which would allow the big alliances to rule it. Since there is no guarantee of "consequences" not occurring after the event this could put many small(er)/medium sized alliances trying to take towers from large alliances/wings/training alliances (and so on). There’s also the damage it could do to diplomacy between large alliances too. Whilst i am sure that it’s easy to say now that it wouldn't happen, things often look different when it comes to actually fighting over something.

Like i said, i think its an interesting idea, and under perfect circumstances i can see that it could be fun, but i'm just not sure of the practicality of it given what we know of player reactions.

Regards,
    Ethan

Good point. The Fear Factor is a major(and deadly) element of the game, and would put off more than one alliance. I wouldn't go for it, and I know many more would agree. This would be an opportunity not to show off strength/perseverance/intelligence, but more an opportunity to show how deep you pockets go, and how many small, rather valuable little stones. As Ethan said
    under perfect circumstances i can see that it could be fun
    , but perfect circumstances are hard to come by.
    Zan Wrai @ en 1. High General of a Christian alliance, Summa Renovamen.
    edited 18.10.2013
    Well there is no real difference between the consequences of this event and the consequences of Berimond or the recent update.

Smaller alliances still take part in the existing events and we have seen many collaborations between the strongest alliances and others in regard to the Royal Towers, Metropolises and new Capitals.

If the issue is to do with "fear" from retaliations then that already exists in the events we have. Also, as we saw in the recant update, there does seem to be plenty space on the map. I'm guessing that spaces are reserved for such things as the locations seem to be the same on every server.

What would really happen is that the smaller alliances would be able to capture towers, score points and then make a decision as to whether to try to hold on to the locations. So even without huge losses, it would be possible for everyone to take part and make their own decisions as to whether that attempt to retain what they have or withdraw when larger forces come along. Although it may well end up that this event will be taken over by the strongest alliiances, is that not the case with everything in this game anyways? The game is designed in this way, but at least this event offers the ability for everyone to compete to a certain extent, and without spending rubies.
    It's been a while.....

• Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 19.10.2013
    this wouldn't work. period.
    in an ideal game world where that weren't huge alliances that outnumbered others 10 to 1, this might work. but in this game...... no way. i cant even attack a level 30 player in a big alliance(100+ in 4 different sub alliances) without me whole army getting wiped out. i'm also level 30.
    so this wouldn't work because the big alliances would just mass attack anyone with a tower then take the tower.
    so this wouldn,t work. period.
    if they do do this, then i will not participate unless the tower it right next to my castle.
    also obvious a big alliance would win, just giving big alliances further advantages
    edited 19.10.2013
    this wouldn't work. period.
    in an ideal game world where that weren't huge alliances that outnumbered others 10 to 1, this might work. but in this game...... no way. i cant even attack a level 30 player in a big alliance(100+ in 4 different sub alliances) without me whole army getting wiped out. i'm also level 30.
    so this wouldn't work because the big alliances would just mass attack anyone with a tower then take the tower.
    so this wouldn,t work. period.
    if they do do this, then i will not participate unless the tower it right next to my castle.
    also obvious a big alliance would win, just giving big alliances further advantages

I do understand your point of view.

Maybe I should go into the details of what I see as being the rewards for this event.

Rewards would be in the way of resources, coins and rubies into the alliance funds and free upgrades. Scoring a certain number of points would award an alliance a membership upgrade. This could work well for alliances who struggle to get those donations.

Remember, points can be obtained by capturing towers, each alliance could decide after that whether they want to try to defend that tower to gain the bonus points of whether to leave it for other alliances to obtain. It would be every alliances choice.
    It's been a while.....

• Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 19.10.2013
    .......still no small alliance would hold it for more tha five minutes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file