Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Spying update

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
I think it's time to update the spying part of this game. 20 spies are more than enough, but with 4 kingdoms, 9 commanders and the new tower levels is it not time that we are able to send more than one set of spies out on missions at the same time?

Now I'm not asking for more than 20 spies, what I'm suggesting is that we are allowed 20 spies in each kingdom. This way we could spy a tower in Fire Peaks, an RV in Burning Sands, A fortress in Everwinter and a robber baron in The Great Empire all at the same time. What's not to like?

The game has moved on and it's time that spying caught up.

For those who say that they come from the taverns and it would be unrealistic to have more than one set, please note that spies magically jump from one castle to another as it is, so having more than one set available wouldn't mean that we would need more taverns.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• fazza27fazza27 Posts: 384
    edited 07.10.2013
    I think having 20 on each kingdom would be a bit excessive, but maybe a second set for all kingdoms. Could be researched, or something???
    fazza27 @ en 1 Non-Ruby-Buyer

If you are complaining about ruby advantages, remember who funds the game for you...

What do you guys think about a new kingdom...
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?74066-New-Kindom-Sharktooth-Isles
  • cameron26146cameron26146 Posts: 12
    edited 07.10.2013
    i agree too
    cameron26146 @ usa 1
  • fazza27fazza27 Posts: 384
    edited 07.10.2013
    with who??? me??
    fazza27 @ en 1 Non-Ruby-Buyer

If you are complaining about ruby advantages, remember who funds the game for you...

What do you guys think about a new kingdom...
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?74066-New-Kindom-Sharktooth-Isles
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 07.10.2013
    Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, research would probably be the best way to introduce this.

Out of interest Fazza, I noticed that you have only recently joined Burning Sands, so I can understand that you feel two sets of 20 spies would be enough, but with 7 castles in 4 kingdoms spies are constantly out and I'm not sure if two sets would be enough. One set is certainly outdated. The game has moved on but spying has not.
    It's been a while.....

• Nako067 (US1)Nako067 (US1) Posts: 1,851
    edited 07.10.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I think it's time to update the spying part of this game. 20 spies are more than enough, but with 4 kingdoms, 9 commanders and the new tower levels is it not time that we are able to send more than one set of spies out on missions at the same time?

Now I'm not asking for more than 20 spies, what I'm suggesting is that we are allowed 20 spies in each kingdom. This way we could spy a tower in Fire Peaks, an RV in Burning Sands, A fortress in Everwinter and a robber baron in The Great Empire all at the same time. What's not to like?

The game has moved on and it's time that spying caught up.

For those who say that they come from the taverns and it would be unrealistic to have more than one set, please note that spies magically jump from one castle to another as it is, so having more than one set available wouldn't mean that we would need more taverns.

werent you the guy who made a thread about how GGE never listens to the community and does their own thing and this other blah blah, then whats this suggestion for
    Nako067 @ USA1

Ultimate Fame on Xbox and Xbox1

Forum record 62 posts in a row.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?110007-Spam&p=1296267#post1296267

original.jpg?w=128&h=128

What a save by Jimmy Howard #35
    edited 07.10.2013
    Nako067 wrote: »
    werent you the guy who made a thread about how GGE never listens to the community and does their own thing and this other blah blah, then whats this suggestion for

Since I left the forum there have been some pretty decent updates and one of them (the new space for alliance information) was one of mine. So I guess they maybe do listen to us. The big problem now is that even though it seems they do listen, they never tell us, which makes us think they don't.

Maybe they could introduce some way of telling us that certain suggestions are being looked into so we know they do listen? Just an id...blah blah blah....blah!
    It's been a while.....

• Colt442Colt442 Posts: 2,168
    edited 07.10.2013
    Nako067 wrote: »

We should all be glad that Baldrick has come back to the forum, he has one of the best minds in the game.
    20a6j54.gif
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 08.10.2013
    Colt442 wrote: »
    We should all be glad that Baldrick has come back to the forum, he has one of the best minds in the game.

And 123Guy thinks all you do is insult and critiscize :D

As for the idea itself,Baldrick does have a very valid point. Castle upgrades,New Resources,New Kingdom features,the game has expanded and upgraded nearly all the aspects of the game,except spying.
  • Nako067 (US1)Nako067 (US1) Posts: 1,851
    edited 08.10.2013
    Colt442 wrote: »

i agree with you for one
    Nako067 @ USA1

Ultimate Fame on Xbox and Xbox1

Forum record 62 posts in a row.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?110007-Spam&p=1296267#post1296267

original.jpg?w=128&h=128

What a save by Jimmy Howard #35
  • joe96joe96 Posts: 204
    edited 08.10.2013
    I think its a bad idea, there would be so much spamming if this were to happen.

here is a thread I had just made :

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?83521-5-spys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Joe96 knife and Tomahawk kills. 8) From RogueHippo9 to Sava9eBerserker on Xbox Live. Pro Gamer, A Beast Needs a Beast Name doesn't it?
    1312131127370116.png
    Metropolise Battle 12/12/13
    edited 08.10.2013
    joe96 wrote: »
    I think its a bad idea, there would be so much spamming if this were to happen.

Not sure how it works for you, but spamming isn't very common in my alliance. We don't send them and we don't receive them. Maybe this is a USA1 issue?

Anyways, this suggestion is to improve the ability to spy with a purpose. If there is too much spamming going on then someone should come up with a suggestion that would help reduce it.
    It's been a while.....

• joe96joe96 Posts: 204
    edited 08.10.2013
    Not sure how it works for you, but spamming isn't very common in my alliance. We don;t send them and we don't receive them. Maybe this is a USA1 issue?

Anyways, this suggestion is to improve the ability to spy with a purpose. If there is too much spamming going on then someone should come up with a suggestion that would help reduce it.

I did, see the link in my other post. I am on Int 1, I'll show you a post of what happen to me the other day: 1310080419590129.png

There were more as well from a person in BB main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Joe96 knife and Tomahawk kills. 8) From RogueHippo9 to Sava9eBerserker on Xbox Live. Pro Gamer, A Beast Needs a Beast Name doesn't it?
    1312131127370116.png
    Metropolise Battle 12/12/13
    edited 08.10.2013
    joe96 wrote: »
    I did, see the link in my other post. I am on Int 1

To be honest, if someone wants to annoy you with spam, they could just start sending you one stick of wood at a time so not sure if the change to spying would help that much. If someone wants to get on your nerves, they will. Can you not spam them back? Have a spam-off or something?
    It's been a while.....

• dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 08.10.2013
    Well, it would be helpful to have a set of spies for each kingdom. Or maybe we can build taverns in the new kingdoms?
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 08.10.2013
    Well, it would be helpful to have a set of spies for each kingdom. Or maybe we can build taverns in the new kingdoms?

I guess my point is that at present you can spy in the new kingdoms without taverns, so there isn't a historical need for them. But yeah, I guess there would need to be some kind of user upgrade/build in order to make this fit in with the game. I would prefer research as castle space is at a premium.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 08.10.2013
    Since I left the forum there have been some pretty decent updates and one of them (the new space for alliance information) was one of mine. So I guess they maybe do listen to us. The big problem now is that even though it seems they do listen, they never tell us, which makes us think they don't.

Maybe they could introduce some way of telling us that certain suggestions are being looked into so we know they do listen? Just an id...blah blah blah....blah!

like the stronghold which can save 6 soldiers?
  • cyberhencyberhen Posts: 329
    edited 08.10.2013
    I like this idea. Even with upgraded espionage speed the wait for the spies to do one mission really makes the game drag sometimes. I agree that research could be the best answer because castle space is very limited.
    cyberhen @ en 1

Official moat duck trainer
    Black belt 3rd Dan in Origami

Will I ever learn everything about this game?
  • 123guy123guy Posts: 2,956
    edited 13.10.2013
    hanzolo5 wrote: »
    And 123Guy thinks all you do is insult and critiscize :D

Well, I didn't say that exactly.
    Retired from game, sorry if I answer a question with outdated information

[email protected], General of Ninth Legion, 78th in the alliance honour rankings.

Soon the empire world will be united under one banner...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiroler1987Tiroler1987 Posts: 5
    edited 14.10.2013
    I like whis idea
    Tiroler1987 @ WWW 1
  • UserParasUserParas Posts: 552
    edited 17.10.2013
    Sorry for bumping it up, but i like the idea seriously. This is annoying issue every some mins switch kingdoms and send spies again,again and again! but one thing u didnt add is that they would be usable only in that kingdom and not anywhere
    [email protected]
    Do u need some info and tips about the game? Visit here: http://chakravyuhalliance.blogspot.in/
    18.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file