Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Not impressed with Blade Coast Decoration

daniel freeddaniel freed Posts: 135
Can someone from goodgame tell me why there is such a pathetic prize on offer for such a tough event as the blade coast. Those with castle gardens or even parks wont even bother using this worthless decorative item.
The event is tough and time consuming. I thought it would at least be worth a decent red piece of equiptment for completing it.
daniel freed @ en 1

To be the best, you must beat the best
Post edited by daniel freed on

Comments

• edited 07.08.2013
    Hi daniel freed,

A lot of the events now are alternating between equipment and a decorative item. Since the last time this event ran we gave equipment, we decided to offer a decorative item this time.

If you feel it isn't worthyour time to complete the event and are only concerned with the PO, then don't do the event. If you want a unique decorative item then you should. It's completely wour choice.

Also, in future please try to use a subject for your threads that actually lets others know the problem.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • Conan (GB1)Conan (GB1) Posts: 1,609
    edited 07.08.2013
    i'm entering! i like the look of that decoration

RIP FreeDominion, you were great.

Conan @ Nowhereinperticular @ UK1
    Barack Obama
    giphygif
    Approves this Forumer.

• TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 07.08.2013
    I'm surprised you say that.
    I've got entirely castle parks and I'll definitely be using this item. In fact, many people I've spoken to, will be using this item. I've had a look at your castle, and if I was in your position, I would certainly not stick my nose up at a decoration giving 80 PO.

The decorative items given out in these events, square for square space, are usually greater in PO than other items available to us.

For instance, the thorn king deco + the blades coast + a lion/bear statue come to 220 PO and smaller than a square. - Quoted from Almighty Baldrick :D

If you're point was you'd like an even better decoration, then fair enough. But I certainly wouldn't call this decoration pathetic or worthless.
    Terriah @ en 1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 07.08.2013
    Have a look at my main castle Daniel, I keep most of the event decorations on view because A) I like to show them off and B) They have better PO than parks or squares. Once you add up all the different small event decorations as Terriah says, you'll have more PO.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 07.08.2013
    Hey all,

Just to confirm the deco item is 3x4 sized.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • daniel freeddaniel freed Posts: 135
    edited 07.08.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Hi daniel freed,

A lot of the events now are alternating between equipment and a decorative item. Since the last time this event ran we gave equipment, we decided to offer a decorative item this time.

If you feel it isn't worthyour time to complete the event and are only concerned with the PO, then don't do the event. If you want a unique decorative item then you should. It's completely wour choice.

Also, in future please try to use a subject for your threads that actually lets others know the problem.

Regards,
    Ethan

Well Ethan i will be doing the event but im sure many will agree that the prize on offer isnt adequate for the time, coins, resources and for some people rubies. Its easy for you to just say.''if you dont like it dont do it'' I find that the hight of arrogance since alot of us are paying customers. I dont ever make an issue where there is none but i feel that we have been cheated this time around. Like i said, i will be doing the Blade coast event soley because i like a challenge and its a tough event but certainly not for the decorative which is worth a mere 80 PO less than a park.
    daniel freed @ en 1

• Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 07.08.2013
    Well Ethan i will be doing the event but im sure many will agree that the prize on offer isnt adequate for the time, coins, resources and for some people rubies. Its easy for you to just say.''if you dont like it dont do it'' I find that the hight of arrogance since alot of us are paying customers. I dont ever make an issue where there is none but i feel that we have been cheated this time around. Like i said, i will be doing the Blade coast event soley because i like a challenge and its a tough event but certainly not for the decorative which is worth a mere 80 PO less than a park.

The PO might be less than the park, but the space is also less. It is 3x4, a lot smaller.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 07.08.2013

You don't seem to get it, it's not how much PO a decoration has that counts, it's how much PO there is per square that counts.

Castle Park: PO: 130, Size:5 x 10 = 50 squares. PO per square = 2.6

Blades Coast Decoration: PO 80, Size: 4 x 3 = 12 Squares. PO per square = 6.66

Ignore the PO and go with the PO per square, that's how you get great production in your castles.
    It's been a while.....

• ZeMaster830 (US1)ZeMaster830 (US1) Posts: 797
    edited 07.08.2013

I'm quite sure you're wrong, as Baldrick said PO per square matters more than PO on the item. Most of the high levels will want this item, and they have lots of resources to burn on Blades Coast as well. So I am very sure that you are incorrect.
    ZeMaster830 @ usa1 and @ en1. Proud Member of LegionOfTheFree. legionofthefree.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since when did a Desert Tower look like this?
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,352
    edited 07.08.2013
    I to agree the reward is not worth spending rubies on , I normally blast through this event in 2 hours and spend 50,000 rubies on it , but not this time , I shall take a leisurely stroll like the rest now. so thankyou GGE this is the first time I have not brought rubies for a quest. as an achievement player , I thrive on new challenges, but there is nothing in this to want to buy rubies.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • magicsss17magicsss17 Posts: 549
    edited 07.08.2013
    since I'm finding these similar comments all over the place I'll just quote what I have said elsewhere.
    magicsss17 wrote: »
    as for the reward. 3 of these decorations fit in the same area size as park. that is 240 PO with 13 squares leftover. last I checked a festival is only 190. my highest colossus so far is only 233. Had I been around for the entire event this last time I may have passed this but regardless by the time you fill in extra squares this item is totally worth it.

They can't give you a festival every time they run an event otherwise what the hell is the point of paying for festivals? I mean seriously think this through before you whine.

granted i may not have 3 yet but I have 1 already(thorn king) and this one to be gained when this event is finished and 2 lion/bear statues which are 60 each.

I personally enjoy working for rewards not being given stuff.
    magicsss17 @ WWW 1
    edited 07.08.2013
    Wow magicsss17 , I never new you are so famous , it seems a board moderator is your fan, but hey that is fine by me , although I think terriah , completly miss the point , I choose to make my opinion known that I was taking it slow this time, which I am sure I am allowed to do , but like most people who has an opinion , there are also that like to say your whining. as for a board moderator your reply , was totally histerical for an opinion, and then not allowing a reply, so terriah please try not to go histerical for an oppinion
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • magicsss17magicsss17 Posts: 549
    edited 07.08.2013
    Wow magicsss17 , I never new you are so famous , it seems a board moderator is your fan, but hey that is fine by me , although I think terriah , completly miss the point , I choose to make my opinion known that I was taking it slow this time, which I am sure I am allowed to do , but like most people who has an opinion , there are also that like to say your whining. as for a board moderator your reply , was totally histerical for an opinion, and then not allowing a reply, so terriah please try not to go histerical for an oppinion
    lol me neither. I post a bunch but I really didn't think too many people paid attention to me. I mainly try to give help but I also like discussing things like this. Btw i was in the process of writting a long reply and I'm sorry my statement came off different than I meant it to. I would like to continue our little discusion in pms if you don't mind.
    magicsss17 @ WWW 1
    edited 07.08.2013
    love to magicsss17 I love everyone in the game
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • edited 07.08.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just to confirm the deco item is 3x4 sized.

Regards,
    Ethan

Awesomesauce:D. Thanx for the decorative item GGE.. Now all I have to worry about is starting research of the vets
    megabolgash83 @ usa 1
  • edited 07.08.2013
    I'm quite sure you're wrong, as Baldrick said PO per square matters more than PO on the item. Most of the high levels will want this item, and they have lots of resources to burn on Blades Coast as well. So I am very sure that you are incorrect.

Also some high level players are incredible ruby buyers and either have achieved the rank the terrible or have a very large amount of Kingsguard units ( without being a "the conquerer" or "the terrible") as well as having commanders giving at least 80% on melee and range or higher. All of that combined= the blade coast doesnt stand a chance
    megabolgash83 @ usa 1
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 07.08.2013
    Also some high level players are incredible ruby buyers and either have achieved the rank the terrible or have a very large amount of Kingsguard units ( without being a "the conquerer" or "the terrible") as well as having commanders giving at least 80% on melee and range or higher. All of that combined= the blade coast doesnt stand a chance

You can't use your commander in blade coast. It is a commander with no bonus...
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • FleshFistFleshFist Posts: 40
    edited 08.08.2013
    The deco offer a chance to decorate your castle with something different than xx identical castle gardens/parks/festival squares.

You can finish the event without using rubies or the strongest soldiers. It will just be easier if you do.

God forbid - You might actually enjoy the event for the challenge alone. :D
    FleshFist @ WWW 2
  • daniel freeddaniel freed Posts: 135
    edited 08.08.2013
    Ok i concede that taking the size into account the Deco is worth more than a park. I am man enough to admit when i am wrong. However i do still believe that it should be worth a little more than 80 PO.
    I did actually start this thread and reply to Ethan before knowing the size of the item.
    Anyway i do like the event. I tried it when i was lvl30 and failed miserably. This time i am determined.

And just to add, the reason i think the deco should be worth more is that i have spent 2,000/3000 rubies on the event so far and aint even past the first island. How many rubies does a festival square cost.

Like i said earlier i dont make issues out of nothing and when they add good updates i am the first to praise them. I absolutley loved the Nomad event i thought it was brilliant.
    daniel freed @ en 1

• edited 08.08.2013
    festival square 5500 rubies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file