Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!


Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!


Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.


And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.


So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

En1 server Big Boys not so big?

CupishCupish Posts: 205
edited 12.08.2013 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Is it only me who has notcied how boring the En1 server is compared to the others. All the Big boys are friends so theres never really any intresting wars to read about, the Big boys just pick on alliances that are strong yet not strong enough to hold there power in the tournaments that happen and theirs bassically nothing to get excited about on it. It really needs to change I think all of the big guns should drop there wings and fight it out. Higher lvl players on the server are always talking about never having decent targets, perhaps if they weren't all friends they would and alliances of a smaller lvl e.g mine wouldn't lose all there members to the big guns simply because they are getting smashed to bad. Hopefully I haven't got myself in deep trouble posting this though please reply with your thoughts I'm interested.
You fail not when you fall, you fail when you fall and don't get up.
Cupish @ en 1
Post edited by Cupish on
«136

Comments

  • James1802972James1802972 Posts: 6
    edited 27.06.2013
    Cupish wrote: »
    Is it only me who has notcied how boring the En1 server is compared to the others. All the Big boys are friends so theres never really any intresting wars to read about, the Big boys just pick on alliances that are strong yet not strong enough to hold there power in the tournaments that happen and theirs bassically nothing to get excited about on it. It really needs to change I think all of the big guns should drop there wings and fight it out. Higher lvl players on the server are always talking about never having decent targets, perhaps if they weren't all friends they would and alliances of a smaller lvl e.g mine wouldn't lose all there members to the big guns simply because they are getting smashed to bad. Hopefully I haven't got myself in deep trouble posting this though please reply with your thoughts I'm interested.

    I 100% agree with you as I used to have my own alliance and I kept loosing players to the big alliances as well
    James180297 @ en 1
  • Giselle3Giselle3 Posts: 243
    edited 27.06.2013
    rather than tell everyone else how to play, why not figure out a way to get bigger and overcome the big ones.

    I know this is going to sound rude... but the constant whining of "you guys need to not be friends" gets on my nerves. We are friends from when we were young alliances and low-levels... we shouldn't have to drop our friends just because you guys can't figure out how to get bigger. Do you know how offensive that is every time it's recommended?

    We aren't friends to protect ourselves now that we are the top alliances, we are friends because when we were smaller and taking a beating they were there for us... so just to make you happy we should drop them? And you don't think that's rather egotistical?

    I don't tell you how to play the game, so don't tell me.
    Giselle @ en 1
  • CupishCupish Posts: 205
    edited 27.06.2013
    It was just a idea and I'm usually not the sort to whine I don't know the in's and outs of things I just think it would be more interesting. I obviously don't dis-respect you but theirs no way of us getting any good members because they are already part of another.
    You fail not when you fall, you fail when you fall and don't get up.
    Cupish @ en 1
  • CupishCupish Posts: 205
    edited 27.06.2013
    are leaders are good and will try there best though perhaps if you had seen the amount of attacks are stronger members of getting you may change your mind.... perhaps you won't all stay friends forever anyway.
    You fail not when you fall, you fail when you fall and don't get up.
    Cupish @ en 1
  • CupishCupish Posts: 205
    edited 27.06.2013
    Giselle3 wrote: »
    rather than tell everyone else how to play, why not figure out a way to get bigger and overcome the big ones.

    I know this is going to sound rude... but the constant whining of "you guys need to not be friends" gets on my nerves. We are friends from when we were young alliances and low-levels... we shouldn't have to drop our friends just because you guys can't figure out how to get bigger. Do you know how offensive that is every time it's recommended?

    We aren't friends to protect ourselves now that we are the top alliances, we are friends because when we were smaller and taking a beating they were there for us... so just to make you happy we should drop them? And you don't think that's rather egotistical?

    I don't tell you how to play the game, so don't tell me.

    And anyway I don't know how we are meant to overcome you went you go inviting are leader to join your alliances. You say suggesting that you should perhaps not all be friends with each other is insulting well I can't think of anything more so. The fact you invite him with all your strength is highly disrespectful to his leadership and his members so don't go posting how we should overcome you when you go inviting are leaders to join you.
    You fail not when you fall, you fail when you fall and don't get up.
    Cupish @ en 1
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 648
    edited 28.06.2013
    At the end of the day, every big fish was a little fish once. If you have a solid leader that turned down an invite because he truly wants to create a great alliance then great, that's the beginnings of what you need to make it up to the top.

    You aren't going to convince the members of the top alliances to suddenly start taking chunks out of each other, just like if you did get your alliance and maybe a wing or two up to a similar power level, those other top alliances wouldn't be able to convince you to turn on each other either - if they could, you wouldn't deserve to be at the top.

    It's hard expensive work to get there, but just like in real life, people aren't going to bend over backwards to give it to you on a plate. Recruit, upgrade, expand, spend, forge alliances ... and repeat for about 12 months, and see where you are then :)
    fujiwara @ en 1


  • PJboiPJboi Posts: 675
    edited 28.06.2013
    Giselle3 wrote: »
    rather than tell everyone else how to play, why not figure out a way to get bigger and overcome the big ones.

    I know this is going to sound rude... but the constant whining of "you guys need to not be friends" gets on my nerves. We are friends from when we were young alliances and low-levels... we shouldn't have to drop our friends just because you guys can't figure out how to get bigger. Do you know how offensive that is every time it's recommended?

    We aren't friends to protect ourselves now that we are the top alliances, we are friends because when we were smaller and taking a beating they were there for us... so just to make you happy we should drop them? And you don't think that's rather egotistical?

    I don't tell you how to play the game, so don't tell me.

    fair point and u r intitle to play the games as u want
    Cupish wrote: »
    It was just a idea and I'm usually not the sort to whine I don't know the in's and outs of things I just think it would be more interesting. I obviously don't dis-respect you but theirs no way of us getting any good members because they are already part of another.

    and the big guys don't hav 2 be interestin if they don't want 2
    Cupish wrote: »
    are leaders are good and will try there best though perhaps if you had seen the amount of attacks are stronger members of getting you may change your mind.... perhaps you won't all stay friends forever anyway.

    and they might fall out and if ur leader leaves just cos hes getting attacked then he is weak
    fujiwara wrote: »
    At the end of the day, every big fish was a little fish once. If you have a solid leader that turned down an invite because he truly wants to create a great alliance then great, that's the beginnings of what you need to make it up to the top.

    You aren't going to convince the members of the top alliances to suddenly start taking chunks out of each other, just like if you did get your alliance and maybe a wing or two up to a similar power level, those other top alliances wouldn't be able to convince you to turn on each other either - if they could, you wouldn't deserve to be at the top.

    It's hard expensive work to get there, but just like in real life, people aren't going to bend over backwards to give it to you on a plate. Recruit, upgrade, expand, spend, forge alliances ... and repeat for about 12 months, and see where you are then :)

    and yes I agree with u 2 but people don't see logic
    PJboi @ en 1 (active)
    PJboi @ WWW 1 (inactive)
    PJboi @ usa 1 (inactive)

    proud founder of Sargent of TDS elite on UK server and War marshal of LOST SOULS HB currently general

    contact me if u want to join us
  • BarbarusBarbarus Posts: 183
    edited 28.06.2013
    the point of the biggest alliances constantly hitting the rest of the top 30 alliances for glory is an issue, but the way to solve this is not by all the big alliances suddenly dropping there friendships, and adjustment to how glory and honour works in this game is the way forward
    Barbarus @ en 1
  • TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 28.06.2013
    Cupish wrote: »
    It was just a idea and I'm usually not the sort to whine I don't know the in's and outs of things I just think it would be more interesting. I obviously don't dis-respect you but theirs no way of us getting any good members because they are already part of another.

    That's a daft way of looking at it.
    I only recently joined BSK, and I'm quite friendly with some in TDU too.
    However, I was fairly happy in my old alliance which wasn't particularly high up the server alliance table or big in terms of numbers. However, management issues essentially contributed to me leaving.
    It wasn't, oh I want to be in a Top whatever alliance, I'm leaving. It was genuinely because the previously alliance was quite frankly restrictive.

    If the less highly ranked alliances stopped complaining so much about BSK, TDU etc etc (like my old one did as well) and saying how they're only big because they steal players, actually stopped and addressed their own alliance issues and focused on developing a close-knit, supportive alliance, many members wouldn't leave.
    I've spoken to many people from my old alliance, one said they were attacked multiple times and received no support from other members. Others have not leveled up at all in the time since I've been away or particularly developed as players. Why would they want to stay?

    Perhaps you should focus on your alliances own issues, and try to develop your players and develop a friendly astmosphere so people won't want to leave. You overcome the bigger alliances by developing your own players, helping them build, advising them on becoming stronger, helping them find RVs, supporting them when they get attacked, improving their defenses etc. If you have players who aren't active, remove them and recruit active players.

    And if you're complaining because you are attacked...how would the larger alliances not being friends help this?
    They'll still attack players with high honour. If you have high honour, you're still at risk. Pact and NAAs isn't going to make much difference to you.
    Terriah @ en 1
  • PJboiPJboi Posts: 675
    edited 28.06.2013
    Terriah wrote: »
    That's a daft way of looking at it.
    I only recently joined BSK, and I'm quite friendly with some in TDU too.
    However, I was fairly happy in my old alliance which wasn't particularly high up the server alliance table or big in terms of numbers. However, management issues essentially contributed to me leaving.
    It wasn't, oh I want to be in a Top whatever alliance, I'm leaving. It was genuinely because the previously alliance was quite frankly restrictive.

    If the less highly ranked alliances stopped complaining so much about BSK, TDU etc etc (like my old one did as well) and saying how they're only big because they steal players, actually stopped and addressed their own alliance issues and focused on developing a close-knit, supportive alliance, many members wouldn't leave.
    I've spoken to many people from my old alliance, one said they were attacked multiple times and received no support from other members. Others have not leveled up at all in the time since I've been away or particularly developed as players. Why would they want to stay?

    Perhaps you should focus on your alliances own issues, and try to develop your players and develop a friendly astmosphere so people won't want to leave. You overcome the bigger alliances by developing your own players, helping them build, advising them on becoming stronger, helping them find RVs, supporting them when they get attacked, improving their defenses etc. If you have players who aren't active, remove them and recruit active players.

    And if you're complaining because you are attacked...how would the larger alliances not being friends help this?
    They'll still attack players with high honour. If you have high honour, you're still at risk. Pact and NAAs isn't going to make much difference to you.

    I agree with u entirely but if u think bout even the big alliances r at rick cos wat if som1 made an alliance and had the rubies to make it strong and get along with all it members then they could challenge the big guys cos in theory it is possible so put it this way if u r weak the u will be at the mercy of the big alliances but if ur not weak they could one day be brought down, nothing last forever
    PJboi @ en 1 (active)
    PJboi @ WWW 1 (inactive)
    PJboi @ usa 1 (inactive)

    proud founder of Sargent of TDS elite on UK server and War marshal of LOST SOULS HB currently general

    contact me if u want to join us
  • TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 28.06.2013
    PJboi wrote: »
    I agree with u entirely but if u think bout even the big alliances r at rick cos wat if som1 made an alliance and had the rubies to make it strong and get along with all it members then they could challenge the big guys cos in theory it is possible so put it this way if u r weak the u will be at the mercy of the big alliances but if ur not weak they could one day be brought down, nothing last forever

    Well exactly. That's the point. Technically, we're tasty targets.
    We have a lot of honour between us. If someone, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be with rubies, spent the time (and it would take time, this isn't a short haul thing) and developed their/an alliance, did everything I specified above, then yes, they could easily challenge the "big guys". It wouldn't even necessarily be a situation where pacts would even need to get involved.

    From the "big guys" point of view, it would be nice to get someone coming along and upsetting the balance. But the issue is, when scraps do happen, the term bullying and unfair-ness gets brought in too quickly. If it was a genuine fight that would just be lovely.
    Terriah @ en 1
  • PJboiPJboi Posts: 675
    edited 28.06.2013
    Terriah wrote: »
    Well exactly. That's the point. Technically, we're tasty targets.
    We have a lot of honour between us. If someone, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be with rubies, spent the time (and it would take time, this isn't a short haul thing) and developed their/an alliance, did everything I specified above, then yes, they could easily challenge the "big guys". It wouldn't even necessarily be a situation where pacts would even need to get involved.

    From the "big guys" point of view, it would be nice to get someone coming along and upsetting the balance. But the issue is, when scraps do happen, the term bullying and unfair-ness gets brought in too quickly. If it was a genuine fight that would just be lovely.

    1 y would the big alliances want an alliance that could defeat them and 2 its when the pacts get involved when the war become unbalanced
    PJboi @ en 1 (active)
    PJboi @ WWW 1 (inactive)
    PJboi @ usa 1 (inactive)

    proud founder of Sargent of TDS elite on UK server and War marshal of LOST SOULS HB currently general

    contact me if u want to join us
  • TerriahTerriah Posts: 507
    edited 28.06.2013
    PJboi wrote: »
    1 y would the big alliances want an alliance that could defeat them and 2 its when the pacts get involved when the war become unbalanced

    I didn't say we wanted to be defeated. But it might be nice to have a challenge. It would keep the game interesting for us too.
    And as from every single topic when pacts get involved, there's usually fair and just reason for them to get involved. However, now we're deviating from the point at hand which is: Put the effort in to become a "big boy". Just telling the big boys to stop being friends with each other doesn't really mean or do anything.
    Terriah @ en 1
  • CupishCupish Posts: 205
    edited 28.06.2013
    Lets face it if the alliance tournament was to change to defending as well that would be the only way the Big boys would fight it out. I'll set up a poll sometime to see if the server agrees with me.
    You fail not when you fall, you fail when you fall and don't get up.
    Cupish @ en 1
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 648
    edited 28.06.2013
    Cupish wrote: »
    Lets face it if the alliance tournament was to change to defending as well that would be the only way the Big boys would fight it out. I'll set up a poll sometime to see if the server agrees with me.

    Won't make any difference.

    I'm pulling out around 10k glory every time I send an army out in the tournament, and our bigger hitters are doing 20k+, due mainly to the number of banners being thrown.

    If I defend against 1040 vets, I'm picking up 2k glory. Defensive contributions would be dwarfed by outbounds.
    fujiwara @ en 1


  • Giselle3Giselle3 Posts: 243
    edited 28.06.2013
    Cupish wrote: »
    Lets face it if the alliance tournament was to change to defending as well that would be the only way the Big boys would fight it out. I'll set up a poll sometime to see if the server agrees with me.

    Personally? I'd be happy for alliances to get credit on defenses for the tournament. It's only fair since they are using tools and soldiers.. only problem is that a small group of bad eggs across various servers ruined it for the rest of us.

    The tournament used to count defenses, but sadly some alliances wanted to win so badly that they were rigging the game by sending loaded attacks on themselves to gain false glory. So GGS changed it for all of us because of those glory cheats (it can't even be officially called cheats since it's just dirty/silly play and not officially against the rules)
    Giselle @ en 1
  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 28.06.2013
    fujiwara wrote: »
    Won't make any difference.

    I'm pulling out around 10k glory every time I send an army out in the tournament, and our bigger hitters are doing 20k+, due mainly to the number of banners being thrown.

    If I defend against 1040 vets, I'm picking up 2k glory. Defensive contributions would be dwarfed by outbounds.

    10k/20k glory a time!? That must be some awful defending. I disagree with what you've said, it certainly wouldn't make a difference for whoever you're attacking, but I know for an alliance like Epic it would :) However it's true what Giselle has said - defence glory counting towards tournament glory was ruined by 'a small group of bad eggs'. :(
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • ChampionKing35 (US1)ChampionKing35 (US1) US1 Posts: 654
    edited 28.06.2013
    The thing is being in a small alliance means less support. I just recently broke 1,500 honor (My personal best) within 2 days I was attacked by a level 70. Needless to say I got wiped out.
    #TheDreamLivesOn
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 648
    edited 28.06.2013
    Sam4 wrote: »
    10k/20k glory a time!? That must be some awful defending. I disagree with what you've said, it certainly wouldn't make a difference for whoever you're attacking, but I know for an alliance like Epic it would :)

    Meh, people predictably defending 100-0-0 makes it not too bad, and +40% glory from my honor plus about 300 banners makes for good returns ... having a half decent commander doesn't harm things.

    My best targets for glory were all losses against people in Musketeers - having an alliance good on support helps quite a lot ;)
    fujiwara @ en 1


  • BarbarusBarbarus Posts: 183
    edited 29.06.2013
    fujiwara wrote: »

    I'm pulling out around 10k glory every time I send an army out in the tournament

    no offence i stuggle to beleive this since your an archduke
    Barbarus @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file